UFC 214

RNMKR

Those picks seem questionable. Especially DC lol. Maia too, he's got a good shot but I think Woodley has enough wrestling pedigree to stop the TD enough and mash him up in the standup.

Cyborg just wins against anyone though.

I thought the same about the Woodley thing, but if you realise how big Maia is for the weight class and how he took down Chael Sonnen, whom with all do respect to Woodley, has not necessarily better, but amazing and stronger wrestling (based on size alone) than him. That fact about taking down Chael was the nail in the coffin for me ( that Maia can take down Woodley ) and if Maia can take him down, Woodley is about as good off of his back as my little brother. Maia 1st or 2nd round sub. If Maia somehow can't take him down, then Woodley wins, whether it's by brutal KO or like Silva vs Maia.

What is the reason by picking DC?

Their performances since then, can speak for a lot, but Jones has only fought once and it was after a long lay off so I'd like to do him justice. He is however, coming off another long lay off and if his striking is anywhere as stiff as it was against OSP then I believe DC, as he said himslelf, runs through him. I honestly believe Jones' best shot is on the ground, since that seems to be where he's improved the most and that seems to be where he's most comfortable now if you listen to some of his interviews after the Hendo grappling match.

Also, DC's striking has improved drastically, not necessarily in the pure skill of it itself, but his ability to close the distance ( his main disadvantage against Jones / what he needs most against him ) and his dirty boxing. In the Gustaffson fight, he did a fucking amazing job at closing the distance and unveiled these slickk uppercuts in the clinch that were busting Gus up and troubling him and I honestly believe that ( the ability to close the distance and uppercuts / dirty boxing in the clinch ) is what caps it off for him.

yeah, usually real mma goes in the mma section and this section is reserved for in game stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I feel like If Maia takes down Woodley, and he might actually get a few tds in the course of the fight, Woodley should be able to keep him at bay and stave off any submission attempts or anything too serious. If anything Woodley loses one debateable round to Maia on account of a late TD and being controlled.

I feel like If Maia takes down Woodley, and he might actually get a few tds in the course of the fight, Woodley should be able to keep him at bay and stave off any submission attempts or anything too serious. If anything Woodley loses one debateable round to Maia on account of a late TD and being controlled.

Well maybe he will not even take him down but it could be similar to Mia and Fitch fight.

I'm super excited for this card, the whole thing is stacked. I'm torn on the Jones/Cormier and Maia/Woodley although I'm leaning towards the favorites(Woodley & Jones).

Cyborg should score no later that a 2nd round KO and I feel Lawler hits to hard for Cerrone's style for 3 full rounds, Lawler 3rd Rd TKO.