Most overrated fighter?

Viking

Usually the most overrated fighters are those that are built up on purpose to look better than they are too sell tickets. That's the name of the game. After they lose a lot of that hype disappears then another fighter is set up to take their place.

Like it was laughable that Bigfoot was hyped up to having a good chance to beat Cain after what Cain done to him the first time.

• Upvote 1

Michael Bisping

No way dude, thats a heinous statement!

Anyways onto talking sense.

Nick Diaz, I love to watch him fight but he's not as good as people think, great against one dimensional fighters but thats it.

Frank Mir is one of the most overhyped fighters of all time but not one of the most overrated.

There is a small and definite difference between the two. Mir has never really been seen as a world beater by the fans. The UFC—on the other hand—have spent more money on promoting him as such, which can give that impression.

As for over-rated, "Rampage" Jackson has to be high on that list. On his day, he was a very dangerous man but he was incredibly inconsistent and his highlight reel gave him a notoriety that obscured his significant weaknesses.

Royce Gracie will always be one that newer fans overhype. This is not his fault, but people see his record in early tournaments and fail to understand just how different that sport was to the one we have today.

At one point in time it was Ken Shamrock for me, but that's because of the WWF / WWE rollover once the MMA career began to become questionable. He was everywhere at once then suddenly, poof. He was great during his prime, don't get me wrong, but just overcooked via the media.

Usually the most overrated fighters are those that are built up on purpose to look better than they are too sell tickets. That's the name of the game. After they lose a lot of that hype disappears then another fighter is set up to take their place.

Like it was laughable that Bigfoot was hyped up to having a good chance to beat Cain after what Cain done to him the first time.

I know what you mean but I don't think Bigfoot's grandmother believed he could win that rematch lol.

Mark Kerr, because people looked at him (and somehow still do in some sort of nostalgic glorification) seeing the possible potential and not the boring, limited and mentally dull fighter he in fact was.

Yeah, the potential of Kerr was nuts.. real shame how his career turned out imo. He and Tom Erikson were the first big wrestlers I can think of who grasped other aspects of the sport, Erikson literally couldn't get fights during the prime of his career.

As for overrated, I'd say currently Jose Aldo -- ever since his injury he has seemed less athletic, less powerful in his strikes, and more prone to gassing.