King of the Beach (270k+) - Official Smack Talk Thread

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1443118677KOTB12.jpg

KOTB 12: Péga (Review)

A record three titles were on the line on Saturday night for the King of the Beach promotion. We saw new champions being, champions successfully defend their titles, our first and second Superman punch KOs, as well as one of the most controversial decisions in our history followed up by some terrible personal news for one of the fighters. It’s never a dull moment here in Rio, so let’s get to it.

Getting things started on the night were a pair of middleweights itching for a win, as Scottish banger Brandon Murphy took on Canada’s Matt Lewsk. Murphy would put the pressure on early and never let up, knocking Lewsk down with a pair of hellacious right hands before finally sealing the deal with a devastating walk-away uppercut just over a minute into the first round. It was a much-needed victory for the youngster who seems to be finally living up to his potential.

“Braveheart” Brandon Murphy (1-2, 1-2) defeats Matt “Wolf” Lewsk (2-3, 1-2) via KO (Punch) R1 - 01:05

Our only super-heavyweight bout on the card would see Canadian grappler Kevin Wideman take on well-rounded Brazilian, Ronaldo Bozeman. Bozeman started off effectively with some light clinchwork and a nice shot to the body, but from there it was all Wideman. The Canadian would take his opponent down and spend the next couple minutes working strikes, passes and submissions, before finishing Bozeman with a beautiful far side armbar, his third submission victory in as many victories. Wideman continues his successful KOTB campaign and looks forward to the biggest bout in his career against undefeated Swede, Magnus Karlsson.

Kevin “The Beast” Wideman (3-1, 2-1) defeats Ronaldo “The Boz” Bozeman (1-2, 0-2) via Submission (Armbar) R1 - 02:56

Jeferson Nogueira made an impressive introduction in his first fight for KOTB, but this time he’d be on the other end of that, as Russia’s Sergey Beznisko showed his class in his professional and KOTB debut. While scouting reports showed Beznisko as primarily a wrestler, the Russian got things started with impressive hands, knocking the Brazilian down early with a fantastic combination. Beznisko, confident in his grappling defense, followed his opponent to the ground and unleashed a flurry of damaging ground strikes from side control, eventually forcing the stoppage in just 38 seconds.

Sergey Beznisko (1-0, 1-0) defeats Jeferson “Muralha” Nogueira (1-1, 1-1) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 00:38

Next up, we had a three round fight that would’ve made any KT-purist proud, as New York-based middleweights Din Aleshi and Joe Walcott showcased their kickboxing skills. Aleshi would be the much sharper fighter throughout the 15-minute affair, zapping his opponent with a high-percentage output of punches and kicks, while defending a litany of grappling attempts. Walcott, on the other hand, surprisingly attacked with a takedown and clinch-heavy strategy, one that would eventually be his downfall. The judges were competent in this decision (foreshadowing!) and awarded 30-27s across the board.

Din “Dalesh” Aleshi (3-0, 2-0) defeats “Jersey” Joe Walcott (0-1, 0-1) via Decision (Unanimous)

A nice back-and-forth welterweight scrap would close out our undercard, as KOTB-veteran Inci Yarakos took on a debuting Rio-born upstart in Carlos Fierro. Yarakos would have success early with a pair of takedowns, but wasn’t able to do much damage against the highly active bottom game of Fierro. Yarakos, now a bit winded, would try for another takedown just over halfway through the first round, only to be leveled by a right hand. Yarakos impressively rolled out of it, only to have his lights shut out by a huge combination from the Brazilian. Yarakos should probably consider retirement after four TKO losses for the promotion. Regardless, it was a mighty fine debut for the Brazilian.

Carlos Fierro (3-0, 1-0) defeats Inci Yarakos (2-5, 1-4) via KO (Strikes) R1 - 03:44

We knew our next fight held some definite implications, but we couldn’t have predicted how everything unfolded. In the end, undefeated USC wrestling prospect Kyrie Perry would edge out the surging Tokyo-based grappler Joseph Annuaku in one of the most controversial decisions in KOTB history. Perry came forward throughout the fight with heavy punches and was definitely the more aggressive fighter on the feet, while Annuaku countered with a mix of takedowns and strikes. On the ground, however, is where Annuaku was most impressive, as he attacked with sweeps, passes and submissions. Considering that most of the fight took place on the mat, our ringside announcers felt he had did enough for the decision. The judges didn’t agree, however, and awarded Perry the fight for his forward movement and aggression on the feet. To make things even more complicated, it was later revealed that Perry’s father suffered from a drunk driving accident on the day of the fight and is currently in critical condition. Perry has long tried to keep that side of his life private, so with this news and the uproar over his most recent result, he has decided to take a couple months off from fighting (tycoon time). Our regards go out to Perry’s father and to Kyrie.

“The Golden Child” Kyrie Perry (3-0, 3-0) defeats Joseph Annuaku (5-2, 2-1) via Decision (Split)

We had a superb matchup between two debuting talents to round out the non-title portion of our card, as Russia’ Yuri Boyka took on São Paulo’s Zico Ali. Both of our more recent light heavyweight signings came in to the fight with top-shelf boxing games, but it was Boyka’s more well-rounded standup attack that would be the difference. Ali showed excellent striking defense in the opening moments, but Boyka would find himself into the cinch and began to work a disturbing attack of knees to his opponent’s body and face. Mixing in some punches, Boyka continued to crush Ali’s spirit up until the opening round closed. To Ali’s credit, he continued to show good defense to start the second round but his output dwindled after some nice kicks from the Russian standout, and was eventually sent to the canvas after a particularly brutal knee to the jaw.

Yuri “Hands of Stone” Boyka (4-1, 1-0) defeats Zico “The Kick” Ali (3-3, 0-1) via TKO (Knee) R2 - 01:22

Romero continued his own path of destruction with a light-heavyweight championship winning superman punch in only 35 seconds against previously unbeaten Ronaldo Lima. It was the second superman punch KO of the Cuban’s career, while his KOTB opponents have yet to event attempt a strike against him. Romero looks as confident as anyone who’s stepped inside the KOTB cage and took no time to ask for Boyka as his first challenger in what should be the biggest fight in our light-heavyweight history.

Third Round “YOLO” Romero (7-0, 2-0) defeats Ronaldo “The Machette” Lima (3-1, 2-1) via KO (Superman Punch) R1 - 00:35

In our co-main event, featherweight champion Chris Karter would defend his belt for the first time and halt the impressive run of Thiago Machado. Karter looked as impressive as ever, landing on the feet and countering an early Machado submission attempt into an eventual mount to finish the opening round. Karter would again finish a fight early in the second round, after knocking out Machado cold with a devastating straight right. Karter has a few challengers emerging, but will likely have to take a month or two off to let the dust settle (tycoon time).

“The Little Ginger Prince” Chris Karter (4-1, 3-0) defeats Thiago “The Axe” Machado (3-1, 3-1) via KO (Punch) R2 - 00:29

Another KOTB champion would defend his belt in the main event, as the promotion is starting to see some championship stability develop in its ranks. Murphy McManus continued his welterweight reign with a strong defensive guard and a dominating kickboxing attack against perennial contender PJ McDermott. The American wrestler managed to get the fight the floor on a pair of occasions, but MacManus showed good defense and escaped to his feet both times before finishing with our second superman punch knockout of the night. The impressive Irishman will now get to defend his belt against Brazilian superstar James La Grande, who’ll be making his debut for the organization and has been chomping at the bit to get into the ring against MacManus.

Murphy “Shamrock” MacManus (4-0, 3-0) defeats PJ McDermott (2-2, 2-2) via KO (Superman Punch) R1 - 02:46

• Upvote 1

145lb phenom Nameless "G O A T" Fighter, was in the audience at KOTB 12. After the Karter/Machado fight, Nameless had this to say: "Wow, impressive work by the little ginger kid. I didn't think he had that in him. Regardless of that performance though, I am the true man to beat at 145lbs. I am a champion in my own right, and I have the belt to prove it.

After I knock Bruised Rib Aldo TFO, I want Karter. . . and I'll do the same to him . . . and add a 2nd belt to my collection.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1444357927KOTB13.jpg

KOTB 13: Derrubar (Preview)

There’s no belt on the line this Saturday in KOTB’s return to Hayashi’s Lounge, but almost every main card fight will have title implications. KOTB 13 will also see three different fighters compete to be the first man to achieve four wins in the promotion. We’re so proud of the growth we’ve had in the past few months, so a big thanks to all of our managers and fighters for sticking with us.

"Amazing" Augusto Azevedo (2-0, 2-0) v Anderson "The Boa Constrictor" Gracie (2-1, 1-1)

Opening up our main card will be a significant featherweight matchup between former contender Anderson Gracie and surging Amazonian, Augusto Azevedo. The two Brazilian competitors both rely heavily on their ground games, so it’ll be interesting to see how this one plays out. Will it be a stalemate, or will one of these BJJ players show their dominance and move into title contention?

Blob "Voodoo Child" Sapp (3-1, 1-1) v Tim "Lights Out" Wallace (4-1, 1-1)

A pair of 6’5” heavyweights are up next, as American’s Blob Sapp and Tim Wallace engage in what should be an exhilarating affair. The two fighters are both 1-1 with the promotion and will be looking to follow up their recent victories. Sapp brings a “bite down on your mouthpiece” sprawl-and-brawl style and averages under a minute of cage time per fight. Wallace, on the other hand, prefers his knockouts to come from guard like some sort of prime Tito Ortiz protégé. This one should be over quickly, so keep your eyes peeled.

Lucas "Samurai" Campos (3-0, 3-0) v Parker "The Terrorizer" Allen (2-1, 1-1)

This main card is filled with extremely competitive and important fights for our promotion and this one is no different. Lucas Campos has patiently been working up our ranks since KOTB 1, and will now face the biggest test of his career. With three KOs in under 15 seconds, Campos has been perfect thus far in his career but will be standing opposite to our former welterweight champion, Parker Allen. Allen should be able to push the Brazilian into unfamiliar waters and will not be afraid to stand in the pocket. Will Allen rebound from his title loss and stay in contention, or will Campos continue to steamroll his competition?

Diederik "The Hidden Blade" Boschman (3-0, 3-0) v Simon Sims (6-2, 1-1)

There are a number of contenders emerging in our rapidly evolving light-heavyweight division, so our co-main event should help us clear the dust a little. Suriname’s Diederik Boschman has been living up to his moniker, slicing through his opponent’s with deadly accurate elbows and punches from his Greco-Roman clinch attack. His opponent, Simon Sims, rebounded nicely from his KOTB debut with a “knockout of the night” performance in his last showing. The Australian kickboxer comes in with a great pedigree and prefers to use punches at range, but is no slouch in the clinch either. Expect a KT-style barnburner in this one.

Sandu "Big Bear" Lungu (5-1, 2-1) v "Megaton" Thiagus Davaru Silva (5-1, 3-1)

Our main event is a fight the fans have been waiting for since Thiagus Davaru Silva won the inaugural super-heavyweight title at KOTB 3. The two fighters were scheduled to fight for the title before Silva tested positive for steroids and was stripped. Silva is now coming off his first career loss in what was an abysmal showing. A switch in management, a switch in fight camps, a change of base and a dietary change could all be culprits for his performance, but none of that will matter when he steps into the ring with Sandu Lungu on Saturday, as he’ll need to be prime Silva to compete. Lungu, on the other hand, followed up his own title loss with an impressive performance over the now-retired Shaquille O Neal at KOTB 10. The big Romanian has all the tools standing to make this a one-sided fight, so it’ll be up to his takedown defense to set everything up.

• Upvote 1

On the 17th of october , the world press assembled to attend the long awaited press conference of the biggest prospect in MMA history. The man who can fuck 3 hookers at once and has the biggest car collection on planet earth ; the one and only ... (drum rolls) ...

Conrad "The Joker" Mcgillicutty

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14270347009408.jpg

http://elm.umaryland.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/iStock_000007325731Small-e1377778098450.jpg

Announcer: It's so great to hear that you are ok with doing a press conference for us. We , journalist and fans, having been dying to hear from you again sir!

Conrad: I don't always have a lot of time as my status as top HW prospect, model and playboy gives me little free time.

Announcer: We know that sir, and that's why we are so happy to get you here on this great sunny beach in Rio! The press will start with the questions and if there is some time left, we'll try to let some fans shoot a few questions for you as well.

Conrad: Lets see what they have in mind this time for me this time. Shoot!

Journalist: Can I ask the first question? Please, please, please! (jumps up and down)

Conrad: Lol, seems like mr. Jumper over there really wants to ask me something. Lets give him that honor as otherwise he might jizz his pants and nobody would want to see that happen.

Journalist: Aaaaah , that is so very nice of you sir! I am wondering what made you decide to join King of the Beach and not some other org that sent a contract over to you.

Conrad: Good question. Let me answer your question with a picture. ( Takes his smartphone out of his pockets, while adjusting his underwear with his other hand at the same time) Here you go, this is the first reason why I signed here:

http://corural.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ipanema-beach-woman.jpg

She used to be dr. Jones his secretary, but now she is my personal assistant with full benefits. And I can guarantee you, it are a handfull of benefits for sure! :D

Journalist: ( Stares at his pants and sees that the excitement of watching the picture is getting too much to deal with. He sits down and puts his laptop on a strategic place). I sure believe you sir !

Conrad: You wouldn't believe what that girl can all do to me. I mean, I am for more sweaty after a personal workout with her than when I go training in the gym for hours!

Journalist 2 : I have a question for you as well sir. May I ask you how your contract looks like?

Conrad: Sure, you can ask, but I won't reply.

Journalist 2: Is that because it is soo much money, or not that much?

Conrad: You fool! Do you really think that it's normal to discuss such matters in public?! ( Makes a gesture at a security guard, who quickly reacts by lifting the journalist up from his chair and removing him from the conference. )

Journalist 3 : Shit, I had a question as well, but now I'm getting afraid to ask it. I'll give it a go anyway. How has training been going?

Conrad: (Turns around to the announcer and says 'where do you get those guys..? Jesus! ' before turning his attention to the journalist again) Well sir, look at me and tell me what you see.

Journalist 3 : A gigantic guy who is looking very angry!

Conrad: Almost correct. What you see in front of you is an angry irish 225cm, 300lbs marvel of god and lets be honest, there is not a single girl in this room that wouldn't do me. In fact, I had most of them already yesterday when I arrived in my hotel...
(looks at his watch) Hey announcer, give one or two fans a chance to ask a question and then I am out.

Announcer: Sure thing. Go ahead fans. Yeah, you in the back can go first.

Fan: I am still a virgin and I am wondering how to get all the girls like you do. Can you give me some advice?

Conrad: First of all, it's the great accent. Girls love it. I can see the fluids running as we speak in this room. Girls' hormones are going wild right now. As for what advice I can give you, just be yourself. Ok, maybe not in your case... Try to be me :D

Fan 2: I heard a rumor that you have a new car. Can you tell me some more about it?

Conrad: Let me put it this way; did you guys read about the Gumball car that was reported stolen and burnt? Well, it's not. It has been stolen and is now ready at the exit for me to give it a go. I normally have to drive 30 minutes from here to home, but this time I'm aiming for 6minutes with the Audi RS6 DTM.

17679426862_2196d9ffdb.jpg

Bye bye everyone! ( Revving the engine real hard ! )

The last thing we see before Conrad takes off is a few red panties in the sky and then it's only burning rubber and smoke.

• Upvote 3

At the KOTB 13 post event press conference, Blob "Voodoo Child" Sapp had this to say: Lungu looked good against an undersized opponent with no standup game, but let's see if he can bang with the big boys. Give me Lungu - I'll knock his head off!

When asked about Conrad Mcgillicutty as a possible next opponent, Sapp replied "Conrad who? Is that the goofy kid with the big glasses? I'll fight anybody they put in front of me. If Conrad has the sack to step in the cage with me, I'll knock him out and take his women!"

At the KOTB 13 post event press conference, Blob "Voodoo Child" Sapp had this to say: Lungu looked good against an undersized opponent with no standup game, but let's see if he can bang with the big boys. Give me Lungu - I'll knock his head off!

When asked about Conrad Mcgillicutty as a possible next opponent, Sapp replied "Conrad who? Is that the goofy kid with the big glasses? I'll fight anybody they put in front of me. If Conrad has the sack to step in the cage with me, I'll knock him out and take his women!"

Hey midget, you got your wish. Believe me, my sack is more than big enough. I guess you meant to say my balls, but hey, whatever...

You are an old undersized HW who relies on his fat to produce big power. I can make this real hard for you by running round the cage for a round and then you'll have gassed out already, but don't worry, I'm not planning on doing that. I'll meet you in the middle shitface!

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/15/15w3.jpg

Guy Mourtneant

"As a Français I can only say that l'accent really does work..." smiles mischievously

Je sais! Je parle pas mal de français et je ne l'ai appris que pour les belles filles ;)

Translation: I know! I speak french well and have learned it only for the pretty girls ;)

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14304375972439.jpg

Eric Ashton (274213)

http://mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20150915222551KOTB_Belt.jpg

I was unable to take home the TWGC trophy, losing in the second round to veteran Thiago Sanchez. But that gives me a chance to face my biggest challenge as i defend my belt for the first time. Since losing his first fight, Nathan Fisher has been an absolute beast. Let's put on a FOTN performance, and after we fight hard then we can party hard!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1444357927KOTB13.jpg

KOTB 13: Derrubar (Review)

Wow, are we ever proud of this weekend’s card. Despite not having any title fights, KOTB 13 would go on the shatter our ‘event rating’ and ticket revenue records, while also tying an attendance record. This is a major step for the organization and a testament to the quality of fighters who are building in our roster. In my completely biased opinion, we now have the top 270k org in the world in terms of talent, while also holding a top 50 ranking and one of the top ‘owner satisfaction ratings’. Anyways, enough about us, let’s recap this weekend’s fights.

A pair of giants would open the main card, as the 7’4” 300lb American, Todd Hunter, took on the 6’8” 275lb Brazilian, Gustavo Gouveia. Despite both fighters holding brown belts, this one would never make it to the mat. Hunter did attempt a pair of early takedowns but it was Gouveia who would show off his heavy hands, as he landed a crushing right hand before clinching up and landing another fight-finishing right on the chin of his opponent. Gouveia has quickly turned into KOTB’s most reliable heavyweight gatekeeper, but will look to make his first KOTB winning streak in his next fight. Hunter, meanwhile, is now in desperate need of a win.

Gustavo “Montanha” Gouveia (4-2, 2-2) defeats Todd Hunter (0-2, 0-2) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 00:36

Our next fight saw a potential future lightweight contender emerge when Swedish import Dag Daghammar took on Fortaleza’s Hermes Franca. Daghammar, who came in half a foot taller than his opponent, came out firing with body shots. Franca avoided most of the damage, but after landing a big shot of his own, he threw a reckless power punch and Daghammar countered with his second huge uppercut of the night, sending Franca crashing to the floor. Franca managed to recover but ran into a devastating straight right and fell back to the mat face first. All in all, it’s a mighty impressive debut for the Swede who earned himself a $5000 “back room” bonus.

Dag “Dregen” Daghammar (2-0, 1-0) defeats Hermes Franca (1-2, 1-2) via KO (Punch) R1 - 01:06

Another lightweight bout would follow, as Italian grappler Raecius Felix took on Brazilian muay thai specliast Jose Almeida. Much to Almeida’s dismay, this one would go to the floor early from a picturesque double leg from the Italian. From there, Almeida would fight for position and looks for sweeps while Felix landed some strikes and fished for a submission. A fight-ending submission would eventually materialize when Felix torqued a nasty Americana on his foe. Felix then proceeded to give the ring girls some attention, something they are getting used to down here in Rio.

Raecius Felix (2-0, 1-0) defeats Jose Almedia (1-2, 1-2) via Submission (Americana) R1 - 02:53

I don’t think KOTB has ever seen a fight cover all the areas of mixed martial arts quite like our next featherweight matchup. Brazil’s Eduardo Dias and Ireland’s Cliff Carriggian fought back and forth in a fight that saw good exchanges on the feet, battles in the clinch, submission attempts, beautiful escapes and picture-perfect sweeps. In the end, all three judges would score all three rounds for the Brazilian, but Carriggian definitely shouldn’t feel bad about his performance. Dias moves closer to the top of the division and looks towards a tough bout against unheralded newcomer Veikko Susi.

Eduardo “Pelé” Dias (3-1, 2-1) defeats Cliff “Blazing” Carriggian (1-2, 1-2) via Decision (Unanimous)

In our featured undercard bout, Emerson Sheik took on veteran Gary Finkler in a number-one contender bout at lightweight. This one would end up being another grueling three round affair, as Finkler pushed for takedowns and clinch exchanges while Sheik countered with crisp combinations. Finkler probably had his best performance for our organization, showing good striking defense and takedowns, but couldn’t keep his foe down long enough to do any real damage. Sheik, on the other hand, stayed out of trouble and consistently landed with his hands while throwing out Hail Mary headkicks. Sheik now waits for a title shot and will be watching KOTB 14’s main event closely.

Emerson Sheik (3-0, 2-0) defeats Gary Finkler (4-2, 1-2) via Decision (Unanimous)

Opening the main card was a matchup that could’ve easily been a part of the TWGC tournament, as Amazonian, Augusto Azevedo, took on local jiu-jitsu wiz, Anderson Gracie. A lot of fans were hoping for a back and forth jiu-jitsu show, but this one ended in another first round ‘submission of the night’ for the Amazonian. Azevedo used superior athleticism to get himself on top early, while Gracie looked calm and worked from the bottom. Azevedo then exploded into a tight kimura and proceeded to step over and force the tapout from a visibly disappointed Gracie. Azevedo has looked like a wrecking ball and will now be the third straight Brazilian to contend for Chris Karter’s featherweight belt.

“Amazing” Augusto Azevedo (3-0, 3-0) defeats Anderson “The Boa Constrictor” Gracie (2-2, 1-2) via Submission (Kimura) R1 - 01:08

When Blob Sapp fights you better not blink. The American heavyweight continued his streak of sub-minute finishes with a devastating knockout over countryman Tim Wallace. Wallace immediately lunged for some grappling exchanges but Sapp countered with some thudding shots to the body and head. Every shot seemed to make Wallace wince in pain and two especially devastating rights would finish the job. It was another short night for Sapp who suddenly moves into contender status. Sapp was very vocal at the post-fight presser and had a few words for former contender Sandu Lungu, as well as recent signee Conrad Mcgillicutty. BREAKING NEWS: It looks like Sapp’s callouts have become fruitful, as Sapp will now fight Mcgillicutty in a number one contender bout.

Blob “Voodoo Child” Sapp (4-1, 2-1) defeats Tim “Lights Out” Wallace (4-2, 1-2) via KO (Punch) R1 - 00:45

Up next we had an intriguing bout between surging superstar Lucas Campos and former champion Parker Allen. Campos has shown incredible power in his hands during his career thus far, but Allen showed he was on another level on Saturday night. Allen easily avoided everything Campos threw at him with stellar footwork and picked his opponent apart with accurate punches. Allen, sensing his opponent was wilting, landed one of the most devastating uppercuts we’ve seen in Rio, lifting his opponent off the canvas. This would earn Allen his third straight ‘fight night’ bonus and puts him back on track to get his title back. This should prove to be a valuable learning experience for Campos who still has a ton of potential.

Parker “The Terrorizer” Allen (3-1, 2-1) defeats Lucas “Samurai” Campos (3-1, 3-1) via KO (Punch) R1 - 02:33

The fans expected a KT-style barnburner in our co-main event and they got their wish, as light-heavyweights Simon Sims and Diederik Boschman tangled in a vicious, clinch-heavy encounter. Boschman got things started by moving into the clinch and seemed to be in his comfort zone. The two competitors started exchanging over the next couple minutes as the crowd ate up every moment. Boschman’s “hellbows” wouldn’t find their mark, however, as Sims appeared to be the better defensive fighter. After an extended dirty boxing exchange, Sims would move out of the clinch and land at range, only to be clinched up again. This would repeat late in the round, but this time Sims would land a beautiful uppercut, which sent Boschman tumbling to the mat. Sims followed and forced the referee stoppage, much to Boschman’s dismay. Both fighters displayed tons of class towards each other in the post-fight interviews and Boschman apologized to his father for his first career loss. Maybe it’s something to do with his own father’s recent retirement, but Sims now looks totally revitalized from his debut loss and finds himself in a number one contender fight against phenom Marty McFly.

Simon Sims (7-2, 2-1) defeats Diederik “The Hidden Blade” Boschman (3-1, 3-1) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 04:26

We had a number of ‘fight of the night’ worthy bouts throughout this card, but heavyweights Sandu Lungu and Thiagus Davaru Silva would top them all in a thrilling main event. Silva looked like a different fighter compared to his last bout and managed to get an early takedown. Lungu, however, showed off his rarely seen ground game and immediately swept his foe. The rest of the round was a tense fight for position as Lungu defended submission attempt after submission attempt from top position. Lungu looked like the much fresher fighter coming into the second round and put on a striking clinic against a fading Silva. Lungu would finish with a stunning right-left combo before landing an astonishing flying punch. It was quite a display from ‘Big Bear’ who looks to be ready for another shot at Mourtneant in the future. Silva took to the mic and made a surprising revelation that he will be dropping all the way to middleweight for his next fight, citing a loss in mass as a result of past-PED use. It’s a nice moment of clarity from Silva who seems to be winning some of his Brazilian fans back with his honesty.

Sandu “Big Bear” Lungu (6-1, 3-1) defeats “Megaton” Thiagus Davaru Silva (5-2, 3-2) via KO (Punches) R2 - 01:19

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1444848151KOTB14.jpg

KOTB 14: Bicho (Preview)

The folks at Wild Bob’s Bar in Rio must be really big fans of the King of the Beach promotion, as KOTB 14 will be our second appearance of the week, coming after our mid-week Challengers card. It’s a little step back compared to our last few cards in terms of hype but definitely not skills, as there are a number of highly talented up and comers taking part.

"Slick" Rick Sharp (2-0, 1-0) v Dan Howson (0-0, 0-0)

Opening the main card will be two talented yet inexperienced welterweights looking to move up the ladder, as Australia’s Rick Sharp takes on England’s Dan Howson. Sharp comes off an impressive KOTB debut where he out-struck a really good boxer in Diesel Hendrix over the course of three rounds. Howson has yet to fight professionally in his career but has been training out of the talented ELITE GYM in New York for some time now and looks to have a strong all-around standup game on paper. Sharp looks like he should have the advantage on the ground on this one, so we’ll see if he decides to take this one there.

“The Bulldog” Harry Milne (4-1, 2-1) v Bruce “The Great” Zimbardo (5-2, 3-2)

Up next we have a special matchup between two former title contenders in the super-heavyweight division, as Harry Milne and Bruce Zimbardo both come in a try to rebound from recent losses. Milne comes in off a loss to Guy Mourtneant, the first of his career, and may look to use his wrestling to avoid the kicks of the towering Caribbean and force him to fight off his back. Zimbardo comes in having the suffered the first KO/TKO of his own career and will look to get back on track with his trademark right high kick.

Staring Silva (1-0, 1-0) v Billy Styles (2-1, 2-1)

The winner of our next middleweight bout will surely put himself a fight or two away from title contention, as Brazil’s Starling Silva takes on Miami’s Billy Styles. Silva used a solid muay thai attack in his last bout, but also has a highly regarded wrestling game that may come into play in this one. Styles, on the other hand, is a more classically styled sprawl-and-brawler who uses defensive wrestling to set up his quick and heavy hands. It should be noted that Styles has recently encountered some management and training changes, so we may see a different fighter this time around.

Tito “The Warrior” Griffin (3-2, 2-0) v Kevin Koo (2-2, 1-1)

Our co-main will be a main event worthy super-heavyweight bout between two surging youngsters, as Tito Griffin takes on Kevin Koo. Griffin has been nothing short of devastating in his KOTB career and is one more performance away from being a serious contender in a division stacked with them. With a mere 51 seconds of ring time in his two appearances, the Canadian will look to keep things rolling against a talented Kiwi. Koo had a little hiccup in his promotional debut, but rebounded nicely in a dominating slugfest against the now retired Neon Uno. Both fighters love to stand and bang so this is a tough one to call. Griffin appears to have an athletic and power advantage, while Koo is the taller and possibly more technical fighter. That being said, we won’t know for sure until the men meet in the middle of the cage on Saturday night.

Sean “The Strangler” Soffman (3-0, 3-0) v Lionel “Street Beast” Wright (3-1, 2-0)

The lightweight title finally makes an appearance on our premiere card after a few appearances on our mid-week Challengers cards. Soffman looks to defend his title after cruising to the third first round submission victory of his short career. The Canadian has recently received his purple belt and will look to continue his streak of success against Compton’s Lionel Wright. Wright comes in off a pair of impressive promotional wins and has made leaps and bounds in his technical standup game. Wright, who often relied on his natural athleticism and toughness to get him a paycheck, has incorporated some nasty kicks and defensive grappling to his repertoire and looks like he may be ready for “champion martial artist” status.

• Upvote 1

We had the pleasure to sit down with lightweight contender Lionel Wright before his title fight this weekend. He's got a ton of character but if you're squeamish to strong language in any way, you should proceed with caution on this one.

http://i.imgur.com/V3ZixfI.jpg

Lionel "wutUsay" Wright (276711)

Hey Lionel, thanks for joining us.

Thanks fa havin me Doc.

This is your third fight since coming down to Rio, are you staying out of trouble?

I stay doin' gangsta a*s sh*t Doc and u know this. Robbin', slingin', just str8 stackin' n*gga. From Compton to Rio bby boy. Next question bruh.

You seem to have a way more technical skill set now, how have you adapted since you moved over from street fighting?

U know ppl b thinkin' that me kickin the sh*t outta somebody is sumtin new. Go watch my fight comps on youtube n shit. I've been on tht bruce lee jackie chan sh*t since day f*ckin one fam.

What are your thoughts on your upcoming title fight?

Mannn Sean "strangle this d*ck" softboy ain't even off his momma titty yet *AHHHHHH*. Gunna leave that boy toothless and thats 4 real.

This lightweight division is wide open right now; do you have any thoughts on how the division will shape up over the next few months?

Dis division aint nutin but chilren and i'm grown. N da hood there are NO weight classes bruh. I squashed 6'6 n*ggas on da daily. That bein said, imma run this sh*t

What’s your best asset in the cage?

I ain't afraid. Summa deez n*ggas str8 up p*ssys. Constantly flexin' nuts but wen u say sum shit day get quiet. No lie. I come from a place where u cant afford 2 be scared or you end up D-E-A-D.

Thanks, Lionel.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/41/41a1.jpg

Sean "Soffman" The Strangler (277587)

Hey Sean, thanks for joining us.

Thanks for having me!

You’re 3-0 in your career and here at KOTB, do you see this fight going any differently?

Wright is by far my toughest opponent to date. He is strong at standup and is no slouch on the ground either. Me and my coaches are working on some things and I'm hoping to bring a quick submission.

You were known as one of the most dangerous blue belts in the world, how does it feel to finally get your purple belt?

My trainer had wanted to promote me for awhile, but I felt I wasn't ready, I felt that I needed to prove myself on the mat. Once I won the KOTB belt it was finally time to get the purple, and now I'm working hard on my brown!

What are your thoughts on your upcoming title fight?

If I said I wasn't nervous I’d be telling a lie. It's been my dream to become champion, but now I have a new dream and that’s to stay a champion!

This lightweight division is wide open right now; do you have any thoughts on how the division will shape up over the next few months?

That’s really hard to say, KOTB has brought so many top prospects in for the LW that I don't think I will ever feel safe as long as I'm champion.

What’s you best asset in the cage?

I think my best asset is outside of the cage. Every day I try to work harder than anyone else. I never want to feel tired in a match, I know how much I hate feeling that way at the end of a sparring session, so that makes me train harder so it never happens inside the ring.

Thanks, Sean.

Thanks for having me!

Coming soon to a newspaper near you:

Third Round "YOLO" Romero (276860)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14455269581234.gif

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20150915222551KOTB_Belt.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/trophies/tourn16G2.jpg

Third Round "YOLO" Romero is a Cuban Mixed Martial Artist and former World Champion and Olympic Silver Medalist in Freestyle Wrestling. Romero describes himself as "a man of God" whose hero is Jesus Christ.

Romero started his MMA career at age 23, joining and winning a QFC Tournament in London in impressive fashion. He knocked out each of his tournament opponents in less than 2 minutes in the first round. He is a very determined fighter with devastating KO power and a relatively untested chin. He looks so damn good; he makes his opponents look like scrubs.

Romero has not only maintained his impressive form, but he has actually gotten faster. At age 24, he now boasts a professional record of 7 wins, 7 First Round KO's, and his last 2 fights lasted a combined total of only 44 seconds!

Romero became the KOTB 205lb champion on 10-10-2015, by knocking out the Brazilian Ronaldo Lima via superman punch in just 35 seconds.

Romero will defend his belt against his toughest opponent to date, Yuri Boyka, at KOTB 16 on 11-7-2015. Romero seems unfazed and excited for a real challenge. He is confident that no man at 205lbs can take his punches and remain standing!

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/IWGP/bicho.png

KOTB expert :winner:

I didn't see or help with the odds on that one, but nice work. Will need to look into this next week :)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1444848151KOTB14.jpg

KOTB 14: Bicho (Review)

KOTB 14 would end up being another landmark for the King of the Beach promotion this past weekend. The card would feature a number of close fights, which resulted in a record four decisions. Bruce Zimbardo would set a record with his sixth appearance for the promotion, while Sean Soffman achieved his fourth win and fourth submission - both KOTB records. Things are starting to look legitimate over here in Rio, so we should probably hire some staff and start doing our taxes. Anyone?

A pair of light-heavyweight grapplers would open up our card, as Bulgaria’s Papas Kanamun took on Brazil’s Bruno Santoyo. Kanamun, who held a decent reach advantage, came forward with a number of wild combinations to start the fight. Santoyo avoided them with ease and countered with a pair of takedowns, but looked like he may have tired in the process. Kanamun stayed aggressive, swept the Brazilian and eventually took his back while attacking with subs and strikes. Santoyo looked to be holding on and defending well, but a deep rear naked choke late in the round would force the tap. “Mucata” fought well in a must-win situation and looks towards his sixth promotional appearance next month.

Papas “Mucata” Kanamun (2-5, 2-3) defeats Bruno “Pitão” Santoyo (3-4, 1-2) via Submission (RNC) R1 - 04:40

Up next, we had the second chapter in Alejandro Sepulveda’s “David & Goliath” quest, as he took on Rio’s own Gabriel Santos Silva. “Gorilla” came into the fight with over a foot of height and 100 pounds on his opponent, which was quite the spectacle at the weigh-ins on Friday. This time, however, Sepulveda would find a way to overcome his much larger opponent by finding his chin on a few occasions with surprising power. The final nail in the coffin would be a pair of huge right hooks that planted Silva face-first into the canvas. Sepulveda was expected to move down to the featherweight division after this appearance, but a change of heart came over the Chilean and he chose to re-sign in KOTB’s super-heavyweight division. We’re not sure if this was the result of renewed confidence, financial needs, or pressure from friends and family. Regardless of intentions, one thing we’re sure about is the courage of “Osito”.

Alejandro “Osito” Sepulveda (7-4 1-1) defeats Gabriel “Gorilla” Santos Silva (1-5, 0-5) via KO (Punches) R1 - 00:52

Our next light-heavyweight matchup drew a pair of strikers looking to rebound from recent losses. The fans expected an exciting bout and both fighters delivered in a “Fight of the Night” performance, as the two met in the middle and exchanged for the entire 15 minutes in what was basically a kickboxing match. England’s Edward Smith was the aggressor and looked to take the fight in the clinch whenever he could. Du Vale worked a more accurate counter striking game and had good success with his kicks. All three rounds appeared to be pretty even, but in the end, all three judges would award all three rounds to the Brit.

Edward Smith (4-2, 1-2) defeats Marc Du Vale (1-4, 1-3) via Decision (Unanimous)

A middleweight showdown between former title challenger Bago Biga and local favorite Tito Gomez was up next. Considering both fighters penchant for the ground game, it was no surprise that most of this fight would be decided on the mat. In our second straight decision, Biga would outwork Gomez with strong takedowns, dominant positions and timely striking. Gomez did have his moments, showing strong grappling defense and positioning while also landing a few takedowns of his own, but in the end it wasn’t quite enough. Biga and his new management get a solid, workmanlike win under their belts, while Gomez looks to continue growing as a complete martial artist and will no doubt come back stronger.

Bago “Badaboom” Biga (4-2, 2-2) defeats Tito “Chacal” Gomez (1-2, 1-2) via Decision (Unanimous)

Closing out the undercard was an important fight in our welterweight division between surging Brazilian, Jefferson Murillo and Omani veteran, Walood Kassab. Murillo would take the wind out of Kassab’s sails early with a pair of stinging body shots, followed by a cut-inducing cross and a flooring uppercut. After a referee standup, Murillo pushed the fight into the clinch and began several minutes punishing Kassab before dropping him with another right hand. The end was in sight and Murillo would force the referee stoppage after some particularly devastating ground and pound. Murillo now looks like a future contender, while Kassab looks to continue his habit of alternating wins and losses in his next bout.

Jefferson “Grisahlo” Murillo (3-1, 2-0) defeats Walood “The Dugong” Kassab (3-3, 2-3) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 04:20

A pair of talented welterweights opened up our main card when Australia’s Rick Sharp took on England’s Dan Howson. Howson, who was making his professional debut, never got a chance to show his skills as Sharp blitzed with a lightning quick flurry of punches, ending Howson’s night in just 22 seconds. Sharp suddenly looks like a legitimate contender and could see a title shot in his near future. Howson, on the other hand, will take a second chance at getting his first professional win when he takes on Walood Kassab at KOTB 18.

“Slick” Rick Sharp (3-0, 2-0) defeats Dan Howson (0-1, 0-1) via KO (Punches) R1 - 00:22

Two of KOTB’s most reliable heavyweight stalwarts took centre stage next in a matchup of two former title contenders. England’s Harry Milne looked great coming off of his recent title loss, as he controlled the entire fight with takedowns and smothering ground attack, while also mixing in some well-timed punches on the feet. Bruce Zimbardo had some success with his kicks but couldn’t land the big shot and spent too much time on his back. Zimbardo is now in need of a win, while Milne solidifies his spot at the upper end of the rankings and continues to shine as one of the more well-rounded fighters in the division.

“The Bulldog” Harry Milne (5-1, 3-1) defeats Bruce “The Great” Zimbardo (5-3, 3-3) via Decision (Unanimous)

Our final decision on the card was a relatively one-sided but entertaining clash at middleweight. Brazilian-born, Montreal-based Starling Silva would stun Miami’s Billy Styles with an unrelenting array of punches, kicks and knees over the course of fifteen minutes and continues to shine in his young career. The Brazilian already looks like a different fighter than what we saw in his debut. If there’s any consolation for Styles, it’s the new fans he gained after showing incredible heart and resilience after getting knocked down in each of the first two rounds.

Starling Silva (2-0, 2-0) defeats Billy Styles (2-2, 2-2) via Decision (Unanimous)

Two heavy hitters took the card back to the super-heavyweight division in our co-main event. As usual, one of the heavy hitters did the majority of the hitting and this time it was New Zealand’s Kevin Koo. The Kiwi surprised some of the fans and is finally showing some of the promise he came into KOTB with, as he came in firing, landing a number of hard body shots to open the bout. Griffin had a nice cut-inducing right hand of his own early on but found nothing but air for the rest of the match, while Koo punished him with heavy shots in the pocket and eventually sealed the deal with a destructive left hook.

Kevin Koo (3-2, 2-1) defeats Tito “The Warrior” Griffin (3-3, 2-1) via KO (Punch) R1 - 02:18

Many fans took to Buzz thought our next fight should’ve been the “Fight of the Night” and they may have a point. If there’s one way to describe Sean Soffman’s first lightweight title defense, it would be ‘frantic.’ Compton’s Lionel Wright came out firing with head kicks as usual, but Soffman avoided and countered with an early takedown. Wright, though, kicked off his opponent, stood up and promptly hit Soffman with a pair of damaging high kicks. As the crowd grew louder, Sofffman hit another clean takedown and jumped for a leg lock, but Wright again used his athleticism to defend and took top control. This would spell his doom, however, as Soffman swiftly moved from a sloppy triangle to a tight fight-ending armbar. Wright took to the mic to continue his aural antics after the fight, while Soffman remained as calm as usual.

Sean “The Strangler” Soffman (4-0, 4-0) defeats Lionel “wutUsay” Wright (3-2, 2-1) via Submission (Armbar) R1 - 01:59