Bully Beatdown is fake , right?

are you grasping for straws here?

there was a guy from the little ass town I grew up in who was on WWTBAM, he was just smart, not any of the things you say

I was using that as an example. Some game shows are legit. However many are not. I think Deal or No Deal is set up. I think some "privileged" few are screened to see who is the most entertaining contestant and chosen. If you stand their like a lump you wont ever get on. You have to act stupid. So basically you are auditioning like an actor.

there's always the possibility that they have to sign a non-disclosure agreement before the producers will discuss the show with them, or before they are allowed to "submit" a bully for the show.

Maybe so but that never kept people on TUF from talking. lol

I will be the first to say the fights are real. But the storylines are clearly fakes. It dont pass the smell test. There is not one single thing that seems real about it. The logic, the acting, etc.

Maybe so but that never kept people on TUF from talking. lol

I will be the first to say the fights are real. But the storylines are clearly fakes. It dont pass the smell test. There is not one single thing that seems real about it. The logic, the acting, etc.

+1 to that.

I was using that as an example. Some game shows are legit. However many are not. I think Deal or No Deal is set up. I think some "privileged" few are screened to see who is the most entertaining contestant and chosen. If you stand their like a lump you wont ever get on. You have to act stupid. So basically you are auditioning like an actor.

how is it "set up" if they only choose contestants that are entertaining to watch, or who have a good back-story?

of course they only select the ones who are entertaining to watch. why in the world would they pick the boring people?

how is it "set up" if they only choose contestants that are entertaining to watch, or who have a good back-story?

of course they only select the ones who are entertaining to watch. why in the world would they pick the boring people?

I don't think thats the point.

Agree, that isnt the point. Some of these game shows mislead the public to beleive the contestants are average people who were randomly chosen to be on the show. That isnt the case. With some like Wheel of Fortune that may be true and shows like Jeopardy promote a clear process or skill level to get on their show. But the average person has zero chance to get on some of these shows that are selecting contestants out of a group of people who are connected to the show, studio, or someone important. Especially a show like Deal or No deal whos game is pretty much the same every show. So they need charismatic people to drive rating in prime time. The same is true for Bully. Without the storyline(fake) you are basically just watching a sloppy training session. I see that in my gym any time i want. People wont tune it for that. Without the bully "getting what he deserves" noone would watch. You can tell by the opinions on here people want to believe it despite not reason to believe its real. Because if its not real they just are watching a shit fight. That is how important the story line is. Then when you think how impossible it is to find these stories and get the people to cooperate it is just easier, cheaper, and to be honest better to get actors or volunteers to agree to the story line.

what gameshows mislead people like that? i don't know of anyone who thinks that they just pull some random person in off the street. for most of them people submit videos requesting to be on the show, and then they go through an interview process if the producers like their video. i don't think there's a general misconception about that, but then i may be overestimating the intelligence of the general public :P

what gameshows mislead people like that? i don't know of anyone who thinks that they just pull some random person in off the street. for most of them people submit videos requesting to be on the show, and then they go through an interview process if the producers like their video. i don't think there's a general misconception about that, but then i may be overestimating the intelligence of the general public :P

What is a video going to show that makes you eligible for a game show? I dont know exactly how it works. But i know there are local game shows that work with local lottery where you can win entrys to the game show. They still have to draw your name. Like "Cash Explosion" in Ohio. Then there is Price is Right where you just get a ticket and show up. I figure most people expect it NOT to be an inside job like some of the modern shows are at least IMO.

What is a video going to show that makes you eligible for a game show? I dont know exactly how it works. But i know there are local game shows that work with local lottery where you can win entrys to the game show. They still have to draw your name. Like "Cash Explosion" in Ohio. Then there is Price is Right where you just get a ticket and show up. I figure most people expect it NOT to be an inside job like some of the modern shows are at least IMO.

people enjoy watching "good" people win things. like a military veteran, or a school teacher that adopts children, etc, etc, etc.

why would they risk having some asshole on the show, or someone that isn't captivating to watch, when they're going to possibly win a million bucks (or more)? on the price is right it doesn't really matter, because they have like 15 contestants on every show, and the max they can win is like 30-40k worth of stuff (which is never more than like 10k in cash, and they probably get almost all of the prizes for free anyway, since they're basically just advertising the products). but on a lot of these shows they're investing an hour (or possibly longer) on one person (or a family, couple, etc). they aren't going to risk having people change the channel because the contestant isn't interesting to watch. if people change the channel, then they lose ratings, which means they lose advertising money, which means they can't afford to do the show. you don't put the life of a show completely in the hands of chance, you do what you can to make sure that you have compelling contestants that people WANT to watch. they still have entry rules, so it's not like all these shows just have contestants that are friends and family members of the producers or something, that would end up in controversy and the show would end up getting cancelled for one reason or another.

and i GUARANTEE that they don't just pick people at random on the price is right, anyway. they surely have a "scout", or someone, that is watching everyone come into the show and get their nametags, and they choose the ones that look entertaining/deserving/whatever. case in point, almost every time i've seen the show there have been large groups there (military, colleges, etc); ever notice that one (but never more than one) gets chosen to "come on down" every episode? coincidence? nope.

i just don't understand why you think it's an "inside job", or whatever, if they choose the contestants by process of elimination instead of blindly choosing a name from a hat. it's entertainment, not the lottery.

"i just don't understand why you think it's an "inside job", or whatever, if they choose the contestants by process of elimination instead of blindly choosing a name from a hat. it's entertainment, not the lottery. "

I dont understand why you think both can be happening.

"you don't put the life of a show completely in the hands of chance, you do what you can to make sure that you have compelling contestants that people WANT to watch."

Which is why Bully has scripted story lines. Glad we are on the same page.

"i just don't understand why you think it's an "inside job", or whatever, if they choose the contestants by process of elimination instead of blindly choosing a name from a hat. it's entertainment, not the lottery. "

I dont understand why you think both can be happening.

"you don't put the life of a show completely in the hands of chance, you do what you can to make sure that you have compelling contestants that people WANT to watch."

Which is why Bully has scripted story lines. Glad we are on the same page.

i don't know what you mean by your first response.

to the second one: i was never arguing that bully beatdown can't be faked (in fact i thought it was, until someone said mayhem was just trolling when he admitted it was all fake), i was talking about game shows.

i don't know what you mean by your first response.

to the second one: i was never arguing that bully beatdown can't be faked (in fact i thought it was, until someone said mayhem was just trolling when he admitted it was all fake), i was talking about game shows.

In my first response i agree with you. I think in some cases they are using process of elimination. But there are shows who do that and use common people who enter or audition. Like the Biggest Loser. They look for people who are emotionally unstable among other things. Thats why they cry all the time. But then there are shows who just choose from friends of the industry. Nothing is real about those shows and possible the prizes are fake also. I think most people watch games shows because they hope to one day be on them. Its part of the fun is to imagine yourself on there. Thats why people are trying to solve puzzles and answer questions and buying the video games and board games. If they new that the game shows were staged, rigged, or set up im sure that would turn off most viewers.