Multiple Businesses?

Akihiro

Mu  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Multiple Business slot ?

• single business
    • Multiple business

Yes! It would make it easier to provide a nutrition company to yourself if you have a private gym as at the moment it’s hard to find partners due to the small amount of income companies get from supplying them.

Also, and perhaps more importantly it would allow the full use of a 20+ fighting roster by being able to have 2 gyms as the current coach skill limits don’t really permit enough coaches for maximum benefit. This might also encourage more people to buy more slots - a win-win for both player and Mike.

• Upvote 2

I think gyms not occupying the business slot would be great

This is precisely an idea I pitched to Mike almost 5 years ago. If everyone (with VIP) was allowed to have a private gym and then another company, including another gym it would allow for better training for non-VIPs or people that opt to not have businesses and still allow people to make a bit of profit for themselves also instead of just having a private gym that consistently loses money.

Hell, I'd even be OK with there being a VIP cost to owning multiple businesses or having a private gym and a business.

I like the idea, I would see doing it just making a stipulation where a business can't partner with another business owned by same manager. I.e. org teaming with nutrition or.clothing owned by same manager or gym teaming with nutrition

I think this is a good idea since it would encourage networking.

Yes! It would make it easier to provide a nutrition company to yourself if you have a private gym as at the moment it’s hard to find partners due to the small amount of income companies get from supplying them.

Also, and perhaps more importantly it would allow the full use of a 20+ fighting roster by being able to have 2 gyms as the current coach skill limits don’t really permit enough coaches for maximum benefit. This might also encourage more people to buy more slots - a win-win for both player and Mike.

As I stated above I would prefer it if people not be allowed to link to their own companies, but allowing multiple companies will mean that the likelihood of more nutrition companies popping up would be pretty high. Thus making more available to partner with.

Alternatively, expanding the number of companies that a nutrition company can partner with would also be a possible fix for that problem.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Theres been multiple threads regarding this in past, and I remember someone bringing up the fact that it would most likely be a huge failure, since you would double the number of companies, which would result in quantity over quality.

Doubling the amount of orgs would means lower total fighters org, meaning very thin divisions. It also doubles the amount of shitty orgs, which I wouldnt want to see.

Nutrition and Clothing companies are already present enough, having more of them would probably ruin the economy, but I dont know.

I feel like the only reason people want multiple companies is to have 1 on 1 training in gyms, and I 100% understand and support that, but this is not the way to fix this issue. More coaches per gym could be a better solution? It is my opinion by the way, nothing more.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Theres been multiple threads regarding this in past, and I remember someone bringing up the fact that it would most likely be a huge failure, since you would double the number of companies, which would result in quantity over quality.

Doubling the amount of orgs would means lower total fighters org, meaning very thin divisions. It also doubles the amount of shitty orgs, which I wouldnt want to see.

Nutrition and Clothing companies are already present enough, having more of them would probably ruin the economy, but I dont know.

I feel like the only reason people want multiple companies is to have 1 on 1 training in gyms, and I 100% understand and support that, but this is not the way to fix this issue. More coaches per gym could be a better solution? It is my opinion by the way, nothing more.

I’d be just as happy with more coaches per gym and and extra gym partnership for nutrition companies, this would also solve it for me.

• Upvote 1

I think that the shitty orgs will collapse just like they do under the current model and they will have a hard time competing against the more established orgs unless they actually do things well. I too could be wrong and this is just my opinion, but Ifeel that it could still work. I also don't think that the added number of Nutrition and clothing orgs will hurt either. Always willing to buy clothing from a company that has cool looking designs

nutrition companies might not be terribly competitive at first with the established old guard, but they certainly would be able to eventually compete. And the benefits of being able to find a nutrition partner for your gym would be worth it I feel. Again... just my take on it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you got a second company slot, how many would really choose to run public gyms?

Isn't the problem that running a public gym is not that attractive to begin with. I get the feeling multiple companies will mainly benefit people already running a profitable business/org so they can also have a private gym and get the best of both worlds. Not necessarily anything wrong with that.

I just don't see it being hugely attractive to pay for a second company slot for running a public gym, even if a few might do out out of kindness and the greater good of the game.

• Upvote 2

If you got a second company slot, how many would really choose to run public gyms?

Isn't the problem that running a public gym is not that attractive to begin with. I get the feeling multiple companies will mainly benefit people already running a profitable business/org so they can also have a private gym and get the best of both worlds. Not necessarily anything wrong with that.

I just don't see it being hugely attractive to pay for a second company slot for running a public gym, even if a few might do out out of kindness and the greater good of the game.

While you may be right here. In fact you are probably spot on, there is at least a chance that people would open public gyms. Part of the problem with gyms in general in this game is that if you don't have one-on-one training you will eventually fall behind those that do. And running a public gym has fallen out of favor since the damn things either are profitable and they suck because you have 100 people in them, or they give great training, but close after a few months because they are unprofitable. Rarely, a fitness only gym will crop up with no coaches that charges like $40 per month, and the owner makes a killing off of it because they have no real overhead.

The whole gym situation really has to be revisited because it is a totally unattractive business for anyone to pursue. Lowering (drastically) the costs of coaches would be a big help these guys making that much money is silly. Raising the amount that can be charged for gym fees will help also. Probably both of these options would be required to even begin to make public gyms profitable and therefore appealing. Oh, and lets not forget that the number of coaches would need to be increased as well. having 50-100 fighters in a gym with 14 coaches is still gonna make for worthless training.

Another possible change that could help with the problem would be to change (again) the amount of drop-off there is in training effectiveness from having multiple people in a class. As it stands right now, if it's not one-on-one, it sucks. Even though it's drastically better than it was back when I first started the game when Mike made the first big change to training. But it is still a sharp and noticeable drop-off in effectiveness. from 3-5 (I think) is a more gradual change, that would be something more along the lines of what I'm talking about here. I feel that up to four should be a gentle curve and then the sharper declines should happen not an immediate and sharp decline beyond one-on-one.

While I feel that new players should have to build up to the point that they can afford the high quality training that someone who has put in their time and effort to build up a bank account that allows them the ability to get the best training available it should not be an insurmountable obstacle. If they feel they can NEVER compete with the best then they will lose interest and quit.

The poor bastards that start this game and are forced into Cozad gyms because everything else is private are going to quickly become discouraged and until gyms are addressed in some way the problem will never go away. only become worse and worse.

So maybe having a second business option available will not fix the problem but it might and it is therefore at least worth looking into.

Or so goes my thinking.

• Upvote 2

Yeah...maybe for anyone who opts to have 2 business 1 must be a public gym...so you can own a private gym and public or org and public gym...these way there is a larger base of public gyms to help set newer or non vip managers up with a greater chance of success with their fighters

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I haven't voted. Because fundamentally I would be for it. Given under the current circumstances however, I would advise against it. If two business slots would be introduced, then the incentive for multi accounts would be even bigger. So get that shit sorted out, first. THEN you can consider increasing the business slots.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I end up being against it. Voted accordingly. Yeah ..... I am no fun ....

• Upvote 2

I haven't voted. Because fundamentally I would be for it. Given under the current circumstances however, I would advise against it. If two business slots would be introduced, then the incentive for multi accounts would be even bigger. So get that shit sorted out, first. THEN you can consider increasing the business slots.

Is it possible that the addition of having 2 businesses and those having multi accounts kind of go hand in hand...and maybe introducing this option, in fact could lessen the amount of multi's? I mean people who are going to have 2 accounts for 2 business are going to do it regardless. Those who aren't going to have multi accounts would benefit and utalzie this for the positive. Not to mention the increase in helping non-vip and new managers have successful fighters with the increase of public gyms...might even turn them on to buying VIP since their free experience is more full filling. Plus if you made it so that if you own a second business it has to be a public gym, this is just going to increase the numbers and allow for better training to those who can't afford private. Will also make you have to be more on your game with running a public gym as there will be more..so you'll have to have dedicated gyms, competitively priced gyms and maybe entry level gyms (coaches are maybe superb rather than elite) then fighters can move up to better gyms as their fighters decrease in training gains..

• Upvote 3

I wouldn't be too sure if two business slots would increase public gyms. I can easily see the opposite happening. Because then nobody would have to choose anymore between running a business OR a private gym to guarantee uninterfered 1-on-1 coaching. Having a private gym is too big of an advantage (if you can afford it) and a complete no-brainer with two business slots. It would only assure that the most active players don't give a rats ass about public gyms ... because they wouldn't have to. So this could easily work the other way. And since the player base is not that big right now (you can easily find public gym places a plenty), enforcing it would force many players to go inevitably into the red. The player base definetely has shrunk considerably since my first time around here. At least so it appears to me. And you can get decent public training, if you shop around properly and don't have all of your fighters in one place. I get plenty of one on one training and I exlusively use public gyms. Just keep mental notes (or actual ones - if you wanna go full nerd mode) about which gyms are good.

• Upvote 3

I hear what you both are saying....however, if it was set up that if you choose to open a second business it would have to be a public gym, then this would eliminate that from an option. Yes there are some good public gyms...but they’re aren’t enough spread through all locations.. some current public gyms have inactive managers so they have good coaches and good training ratios, however the equipment is bad and gym dirty making it useless. I’d say that any managers who opt to do 2 business are likely more active and maintain. If we get an influx of new gyms spread throughout the tycoon world it good be a good thing...plus I’ve seen a number of new managers come and go. As they can’t afford the $1000 it cost to get into one of the good public gyms. With the way training is set up a useless skill doesn’t need an elite coach son younger managers who go vip can start entry level gyms that cost less and attract fighters for value and they can make some cash for themselves. Again this could eliminate any multi accounts as well , not guaranteed but could...there already out there anyway.