Demolition MMA - Official Smack Talk Thread

Humble

LOLOLOLOL now i genuinely have no idea who he is but yeah ill be aggressive in character but i wont stoop to mum level bullshit. So if thats what youre getting at......

You were actually being serious about not knowing who achllies is?

Alison:Bad on me for giving you something else to focus on rather than trying to defend your pathetic punching "skills". I use "skills" in a very loose sense.

Benson: what are you talking about? i dominated you for 5 rounds shut up ffs. TELL ME any point in the fight you got the better of me? Why are you even popping up & trying to talk shit? Ill fight you anytime bitch you suck

Pathetic punching skills? Im being trolled

Alison Benson

Standup

Head punch: 2 (0)

Body punch: 3 (2)

Punch combo: 0 (0)

Head kick: 0 (0)

Leg kick: 0 (0)

Body kick: 0 (0)

Takedowns: 2 (0)

Clinches: 0 (0)

Clinchwork

Head punch: 1 (1)

Body punch: 1 (0)

Elbow: 0 (0)

Knee head: 0 (0)

Knee body: 0 (0)

Takedowns: 12 (4)

Groundwork

Improve pos: 2 (0)

Ground strikes: 0 (0)

Sub attempts: 0 (0)

Standup

Head punch: 4 (3)

Body punch: 15 (12)

Punch combo: 1 (0)

Takedowns: 0 (0)

Clinches: 15 (11)

Clinchwork

Head punch: 178 (35)

Body punch: 26 (11)

Groundwork

Improve pos: 0 (0)

RISE 16 Kelly vs Merlin Preview

By: Virgilio Caylao

Main Card Preview:

Main Event

Kelly Vs Merlin

We have a special treat in our hands, the current RISE Lightweight Champion and #1 P4P Randy Kelly (7-0) who is going for his first title defense after defeating Logan Lord for the title; is against the #1 RISE Lightweight and #6 P4P Xavier Merlin (3-0). The fight is not just about who would win the title, but also who would be the one to suffer their first loss in their career. Kelly bursted into RISE with an outstanding record of (5-0) in which his debut in RISE was an immediate title shot where he won by an armbar in the first round, followed by a guillotine win against former RISE Lightweight Champion Logan Lord. From Lord’s social media, he is calling out the current champion wanting to reclaim the title after beating Nathan Shield; which Lord did by a spectacular TKO. Merlin on the other hand debuted his first fight is the 2nd main card fight of RISE 10 where Kelly stole the belt from Lord, in which Merlin won by submission against Randell Miranda. Both fighters won all of their fights by submission, and the fight will certainly be a ground game fight.

Kelly

The only time that Kelly fought in the stand-up is to be in the clinch and takedown so that he can finish the fight his way, that is until his toughest fight which was in RISE 10 against former lightweight champion Logan Lord. Lord was able to control the entire round 1 of RISE 10, but Kelly does stay alive even though Lord is known for his right hand, demonstrating that Kelly might have a decent chin or at least good enough striking defense to beat the former champ. Kelly had a hard time getting into the clinch for the takedown from Lord breaking up the clinch; until the 2nd round where he took him down and finished Lord with the guillotine choke. Aside from RISE 10, Kelly was able to defeat all of his opponents within the 1st round by submission usually by either armbar or by triangle choke. He also has shown that he can defend against opposing submissions in RISE 7 against Angelo Suarez, however he will be facing another brown belt in BJJ, who has the same technical skill in wrestling in Merlin.

Merlin

Within the three fights that Merlin fought, it is very similar to how Kelly fights except that he goes for shoot takedowns instead of clinching first and pulling guard, I can't really say how well Merlin can stay on his feet since he is so far was able to blitzkrieg takedowns and won. From Merlin’s last fight in RISE 14, he was able to do a takedown from the clinch against Barrios “Argentino” Messi to finish the fight after 3 submission attempts. For Merlin to have a chance to beat Kelly, he should start training his submission defense because of how Kelly usually finish his fights from the bottom guard or even train on punches to keep the fight standing where Kelly has trouble in like in RISE 10.

Summary

Standup Advantage: Kelly (able to survive punches from former champ and fire back)

Clinch Advantage: Kelly (able to pull guard and most of his wins came from bottom guard)

Ground Advantage: Kelly (Merlin probably going to shoot takedown into top guard to be submitted)

Prediction: Kelly via Submission (armbar or triangle choke)

Author note: We might get a Kelly vs Lord 2 if Kelly retains his title.

Social Media note: Logan Lord: “Good job mate. After I move up and beat that can of a Shields I'll be back for my belt” (January 23, 2018)

Co-Main Event

Gracie vs Rogers

Both #2 RISE Welterweight Riche “Anaconda” Gracie (3-0) and #1 RISE Welterweight Wade “The Captain” Rogers (3-0) won their last fight for a title shot against the current RISE Welterweight Champion and #6 P4P Meatball Destroyer. Gracie debuted on RISE 12 with a (2-0) record and won by submission using a kimura against Yuri Fedorin while Rodgers debuted in RISE 13 also with a (2-0) record getting the win by a TKO against Armend Berisha thanks to his ground and pound. Both fighters are fighting to keep their undefeated win streak alive.

Gracie

Gracie never really fought in the standup, all of his fights including the win by decision in his first ever fight was mostly on the ground with a lot of technical BJJ, Even against a similar opponent against Yuri Fedorin in RISE 12 where after the takedown, Gracie goes for a string of submission to finally finish Fedorin. Every single fight, its the same for Gracie, take and opponent down and do his best to go for submission, end of story. The one question that comes up in my mind for his fight is can Gracie survive Rodger’s reputable ground and pound; if so, can he grab onto Rodger’s head or arm to finish the job.

Rogers

Rodger may look into fighting on the stand-up for this fight; especially utilizing his punching power and possibly knocking out Gracie. Although his ground and pound might do the job in finishing Gracie, but is Rodgers’ submission defense strong enough or will Gracie will latch onto a limb to finish off the match by submission. Not sure how strong Rodgers can be in the clinch since all of his fights isn’t in the clinch; but if he is, Rodgers can finish the fight from there by his striking ability and Gracie’s questionable chin. Rodgers called out the current RISE Welterweight and #5 P4P Champion Meatball Destroyer! Rodgers better be able to back up his talk, or nobody will be able to take him seriously.

Summary:

Standup Advantage: Rodgers (his power punching might be able to translate on the stand-up)

Clinch Advantage: Rodgers (Rodgers is strong, he might be able to control Gracie from the clinch)

Ground Advantage: Gracie (if Gracie can control that GNP, he should be able to submit Rodgers)

Prediction: Gracie via submission (armbar)

Author Note: This fight will NOT go pass the 1st round if both fighters are being aggressive like their previous fights.

Social Media Note: Wade Rogers: “Meatball Destroyer congrats on being the first 170lbs champion but now be ready because i'm coming for you.” (Feb 13, 2018)

Fight 8

Knuckles vs Silva Jr

“The Sleeping Giant” Rich Silva Jr. (2-1) is fighting for being ranked against the #5 heavyweight Bobby “Night Night” Knuckles (3-1). Both fighters are coming off a win but Knuckles has the experience fighting in RISE. Knuckles started off his RISE debut with a loss against current heavyweight champion and #4 P4P Benny Benson, but has steadily climbing up putting together a string of wins by TKO to be placed at #5. Silva Jr is coming off a win from his RISE debut in RISE 12 with an armbar, also winning the submission of the night for that event.

Knuckles

The Stand-up is where Knuckles going to thrive in the fight against Silva Jr; ending all of his fights by TKO within the first round by his punching power, although he was knocked out himself by the now current heavyweight champion in Knuckle’s RISE debut. Although Knuckles probably does not have a strong takedown defense, he did escape from the ground pretty quickly in RISE 8 against Martin Ajax but can he do the same in this upcoming fight, especially since Silva Jr won his fights by bull rushing takedowns and submitting them. Knuckles should be in control of the fight when it comes to the clinch, especially how poorly Silva Jr was fighting in the clinch in his only loss.

Silva Jr

Silva Jr has only fought once where the fight stayed standing up and was paid dearly for it, although he rocked and knockdown the now current retired fighter, Silva Jr took a big right hook to the chin ending his night. I highly doubt that Silva Jr could survive Knuckle’s punches if he stayed standing up for too long. within that same fight where Silva Jr received his first loss, he was pinned against the cage for pretty much the entire fight. Silva Jr is a simple man; Sees opponent, takedown opponent, grab a limb, submit the opponent; just like Riche Gracie.

Summary

Standup Advantage: Knuckles (his big right hand)

Clinch Advantage: Knuckles (clinch control)

Ground Advantage: Silva Jr (submissions)

Prediction: Knuckles via TKO (Spitting on the nonbeliever)

Author Note: Yes, I still believe the meme is still alive.

Fight 7

Lawler vs Galley

This fight would be very interesting. Carlos “Ruthless” Lawler (5-3) is fighting against Facundo Galley (2-1), both coming off of their RISE Debut. Lawler is a very interesting person, former AFL (Australian Championship League) Welterweight Champion, who suddenly became a wash-up after he loss his title belt in his first title defense, trying to make a comeback by putting a string of wins and being signed to RISE, only to lose his debut in RISE 10 to the current welterweight champion and #5 P4P Meatball Destroyer. Galley has only fought 3 times, 2 of which is from the Iron Man Fight Club only to not be signed again but joined RISE instead.

Lawler

Lawler can probably end this fight any way he wants to, probably by stand-up or probably what we will see is putting Galley on the ground as soon as possible and finishing him for Lawler’s 2nd career submission. His chin has been proven to be stronger since he lost the AFL welterweight belt, especially since he was knocking out a TKO streak against opponents in the ruthless level 2 QFC where it is practically the depths of Tartarus for any fighter who goes into there seeking redemption. Lawler was able to survive all three rounds against the current RISE Welterweight Champion in RISE 10 showing how strong his chin was against an opponent who is more technical in boxing, Galley won't be able to crack that granite chin. Although Lawler is not fancy on the ground, he did won his AFL title with a kneebar within the first minute of the first round, providing that he does have a submission offense, but he might not have a strong submission defense, Galley probably would not be able to fight in the ground because of that the probability of submission.

Galley

Galley is practically outmatched in every way possible in this fight, the only probable saving grace is his Muay Thai however, Lawler is probably going to pull guard for a submission. his first fight went to the ground, and stayed on the ground and loss by an armbar, however I do have to give Galley credit for escaping the ground multiple times against an opponent in IFC Midweek 12, however Lawler would be just as strong in BJJ as the first fighter that Galley has ever fought against, it would certainly be the ultimate test for Galley.

Summary

Standup Advantage: Lawler (TKO ability)

Clinch Advantage: Lawler (Pulling guard)

Ground Advantage: Lawler (Purple Belt)

Prediction: Lawler via TKO (punches)

Authors Note: At least to me, it is a very lopsided fight. I don’t think Galley has a chance to win.

UNDERCARD

Fight 6: Tommy Tank vs Franco Dillveux

Fight 5: Jhin Markell vs Tony Agotti

Fight 4: Catalin Marius vs Terence Lampshaw

Fight 3: Valeo Bartoli vs Barry Rarden

PRELIMS

Fight 2: Raichu Kong vs Fernando Pessoa

Opener fight: Richey Edwards vs Pete Zar

Disclaimer: Virgilio’s predictions may not be 100% accurate

Pathetic punching skills? Im being trolled

Alison Benson

Standup

Head punch: 2 (0)

Body punch: 3 (2)

Punch combo: 0 (0)

Takedowns: 2 (0)

Clinches: 0 (0)

Clinchwork

Head punch: 1 (1)

Body punch: 1 (0)

Takedowns: 12 (4)

Groundwork

Improve pos: 2 (0)

Standup

Head punch: 4 (3)

Body punch: 15 (12)

Punch combo: 1 (0)

Clinches: 15 (11)

Clinchwork

Head punch: 178 (35)

Body punch: 26 (11)

Groundwork

Improve pos: 0 (0)

RISE judges like volume, but disregard superior defense, who knew?

This is what I am talking about:

Alison blocks a punch to the side of the head.

The referee is keeping an eye on Alison - much more stalling and he will separate the fighters.

Benson throws a head punch that misses.

Benson misses with a punch on the inside.

A head punch on the inside from Benson fails to land.

Benson working aggressively here.

Benson tries to work over Alison's body with a swooping hook but it only glances the target.

A head punch blocked on the inside by Alison.

Benson working aggressively here.

Benson tries to throw a body punch but Alison avoids it by throwing Benson back against the cage.

Benson swings wildly with an uppercut but Alison uses good head movement to avoid it.

Benson tries a shoulder strike but it doesn't do any damage.

Benson misses with the head strike.

A shot in the inside from Benson .

Alison blocks an uppercut.

Wes Ray: Get to voting guys. Also congrats to Jhin Markell on your first submission win. Just started hitting the mats together and you're already looking improved.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/24/24w17.jpg

Jhin Markell: Thanks bro I'm learning from "The Best" And I for one would love to watch you submit Terrell, It would be a help to my own game to watch the master at work.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/24/24w17.jpg

Jhin Markell: Thanks bro I'm learning from "The Best" And I for one would love to watch you submit Terrell, It would be a help to my own game to watch the master at work.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/42/42b6.jpg

Wes Ray: We have our very first vote. 1 vote for submission and 0 for tko, Keep the votes coming. You're welcome Jhin. And if you want an extra close look outside of rolling on the mats together you can come work my corner this weekend.

• Upvote 1

RISE Fight League Rankings

(Based off of Hype/Pop and Record/Performances)

Please let me know if you spot anything that is incorrect and needs changing. Thank you! :)

Champ - N/A

1.Tim Slater(3-0) -

2.Alessio Bianchi(2-1) -

3.Charles Kenway(3-0) -

4.Echart Tolle(2-1) -

5.Jazz Clementine(2-1) -

Champ - Randy Kelly(8-0)

1.Niudu Kakka(2-0) ↑

2.Barrios Messi(4-1) ↑

3.Wale Ammond(3-1) ↑

4.Samuel Gervais(3-0) ↑

5.Pyrrhus Nikos(4-0) ↑

Champ - Meatball Destroyer(4-0)

1.Ricky Gracie(4-0) -

2.Cornelius Barnaby(3-1) -

3.Valerio Bartoli(3-0) ↑

4.Carlos Lawler(6-3) ↑

5.Wade Rogers(3-1) ↓

Champ - Wes Ray(4-0)

1.Max Slaughter(3-0) -

2.Dante Fiaschi(4-0) -

3.Max Onera(3-1) -

4.Terrell Jones(5-0) ↑

5.Kyrie Griffin(1-0) -

Champ - Henry Aron(7-0)

1.Melvin Comeau(8-2) -

2.Logan McKibbon(5-2) -

3.Tyan Quincy(2-1) -

4.Raghave Upadhyaya(3-1) -

5.Daniel Orndorf(1-0) -

Champ - Bennie Benson(5-1)

1.Mario Farina(3-0) -

2.Benny Alison(6-1) -

3.Alistar Ngannou(3-1) -

4.Bruno Faze(3-1) -

5.Rich Silva Jr(3-1) ↑

RISE P4P Rankings (Based On Above)

1.Randy Kelly(8-0) -

2.Wes Ray(4-0) -

3.Henry Aron(7-0) -

4.Bennie Benson(5-1) -

5.Meatball Destroyer(4-0) -

6.Melvin Comeau(8-2) ↑

7.Max Slaughter(3-0) ↑

8.Benny Alison(6-1) ↑

9.Ricky Gracie(4-0) ↑

10.Tim Slater(3-0) -

RISE Fight League Rankings

(Based off of Hype/Pop and Record/Performances)

Please let me know if you spot anything that is incorrect and needs changing. Thank you! :)

Champ - Wes Ray(4-0)

1.Max Slaughter(3-0) -

2.Dante Fiaschi(4-0) -

3.Max Onera(3-1) -

4.Terrell Jones(5-0) ↑

5.Kyrie Griffin(1-0) -

I keep check of 185 since it's my division and I am curious how a guy that is 1-0 makes the top 5 list over some of the other fighters in the division? I noticed the same thing with 205 but not my division so I have no clue who's actually in it.

I keep check of 185 since it's my division and I am curious how a guy that is 1-0 makes the top 5 list over some of the other fighters in the division? I noticed the same thing with 205 but not my division so I have no clue who's actually in it.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but I also try to get the guys who have fought in a RISE event above the guys who haven't and Kyrie is 5th on the list for the guys who have.

Any plans on doing like a champions tournament? Not for a belt and I personally don't even care if there is a reward as much as bragging rights. Not sure if there has been any belt changing hands, but could be open to anyone who has a belt or has had it and be done at 265+ so that way all champs can do it. Just saying if you wanted to have a tournament of champions I'd be interested.

Any plans on doing like a champions tournament? Not for a belt and I personally don't even care if there is a reward as much as bragging rights. Not sure if there has been any belt changing hands, but could be open to anyone who has a belt or has had it and be done at 265+ so that way all champs can do it. Just saying if you wanted to have a tournament of champions I'd be interested.

Could be something we do, nice idea. Not sure about anytime soon though. We've got a 265+ Grappling tournament going on as of right now.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14865904659423.gif

Catalin "The Young King" Marius: Who's down to fight me in like an month?After my next fight I belive it's time for a title shot at the 145lbs belt

No-one would give a Conor look a-like a chance a belt bro. If he wins he don't defend. Hasn't done it in the UFC and he didn't do it in Cage Warriors either.