Takedown Defense

Dont forget to factor in physicals. Do you have useless balance....speed? His fighter might have wonderful or higher speed and maybe higher balance. Which would give him a greater success rate if your fighter is useless in those areas. Its. It just about primaries and secondaries. Physicals that are specific to the skill are a great factor too

On top of that - Takedown Defense is just not the most effective skill in the game. Takedown effectiveness was upped a while ago and from my experience (and from what I read it´s always been like this) you never get to avoid the takedown altogether; you get taken down then you either control or escape from the ground.

So on top of TDD you have to train Def. Grappling or Escapes or both.

• Like 1

My understanding has always been that all other skills are more important than TD's and TDD. Everything I've witnessed in this game engine leads me to believe this.

And although I have had fights where my TDs are getting stuffed from bell to bell, I still only attribute that to good tactics, a fluke of the numbers.

Dont forget to factor in physicals. Do you have useless balance....speed? His fighter might have wonderful or higher speed and maybe higher balance. Which would give him a greater success rate if your fighter is useless in those areas. Its. It just about primaries and secondaries. Physicals that are specific to the skill are a great factor too

My balanace is proficient and that's my weakest physical I've often thought it's way to low....

My understanding has always been that all other skills are more important than TD's and TDD. Everything I've witnessed in this game engine leads me to believe this.

And although I have had fights where my TDs are getting stuffed from bell to bell, I still only attribute that to good tactics, a fluke of the numbers.

lol I'm glad I'm figuring this out after I've spend damn near 100 sessions on takedown d lmao

• Upvote 1

On top of that - Takedown Defense is just not the most effective skill in the game. Takedown effectiveness was upped a while ago and from my experience (and from what I read it´s always been like this) you never get to avoid the takedown altogether; you get taken down then you either control or escape from the ground.

So on top of TDD you have to train Def. Grappling or Escapes or both

training set to nothing but def grappling as of now thanks

• Upvote 1

I've read a thread saying escapes are broken so I've never even bothered with them how much slower does it take to learn escapes? If it took me 98 sessions to get to sensational takedown d it would take what amount to get escapes up to that level (both skills start at useless)

This was recently fixed (within the past 3 weeks or so)...supposedly. Has anybody tested it and tried to measure it since the fix?

• Upvote 1

Just like in real life, a relentless wrestler WILL get the takedown if you cant knock him out or make him scared to shoot. Its just a matter of time otherwise.