Going Public

SteelPenn

I feel the game is stagnant and needs a reboot. I would like to start a conversation about how we, key members can help the over all game.

My idea is for Mike to take the game / business public allowing us to buy shares of our game we love and giving the game a boost of money to really make some fun upgrade.

Hear me out, no offence Mike but by my estimation the game is worth around 35k. Now if just 100 members where to buy 1 share each @ $350 each we could buy the game out right. But that is not the goal. The goal is to help Mike make money so he can hire in game staff to make continues upgrades.

So lets say Mike goes public and offers shares @ $400 per share but only offers 80 shares keeping 20 for himself. Now here is where we as game loving members give back. We get shares of the game but get no profits ever.

Mike gets his 20% of the 80 shares sold with 60% going to upgrades asap. Then Mike would get 20% profits from the upgraded game allowing him to grow the game to the next level. We as invested members get shares to hold but the 80% we own goes straight to an in game upgrade fund to allow us to continually upgrade and grow year after year. I love this fucking game but it needs new life that only investments will bring. New money new Life.

Ideas, Thoughts?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Im thinking maybe 25% of shares be sold, not more than that because I wouldn't want to see him losing control/ownership.

why not? he is obviously not dedicated to the game.

I think the best would be a full buyout.

The problem is a few people have said that when the game was at its peak Mike did get offers to sell the game but never did it.

Imagine being in his shoes (of the stories are true) and all you could get these days is like 1/6 of what people were offering back then.

He probably prefers just coming out even and not selling than sell it for peanuts when once upon a time he could have had a big chunk of money but that ship has sailed forever.

• Downvote 3

This has more to do if Mike actually wants to sell the game or not. I think he would be more interested in an outright sell of the game, rather than selling shares and we have no idea what his price would be for it. I am pretty sure he spent more than 35k on it, so his price will likely be higher.

Correct, all is for nothing if Mike does not want us to help or sell completely. The focus on this thread is to give him ideas on how we the members can help this game grow for a chance of advancing the game.

Once again no disrespect but, Mike is not active in this game. We wait months sometimes years for game upgrades. The game does not draw in new members with its slow fighter growth or text commentary. At this point it is us, the members who love this game that create the vibe for new members to take interest in.

We, the members who have been here a while, want for more from this game and could most likely help it grow with a combined effort.

• Upvote 4

I know of a new mobile app that is more or less identical to this game except for it simulates the fights in 3D and the training is on timers based on the level and shit like that, a few other minor differences like no TWGC or pure kickboxing, just MMA fights.

The game is in Beta testing right now and I am playing it, but if Mike were to sell to them, I can imagine they would have a lot of use for the algorithms, coding etc to improve their game engine and whatnot. They may even be able to improve this game if they take it over! And Mike could stay on as a consultant since he has years of experience in this already. If we could get Mike on board with a bigger project like that it would be awesome! They have over 100,000 people right now using the beta test version of the game and are constantly making improvements. Imagine if just a percentage of those users were to try out tycoon. And vice-versa with mmat users trying out their game too.

P.S. I am in no way implying that Mike has the time to work with another company but think of it like: if he can make some extra money for part time consulting wouldn't that be great?

• Upvote 3

are you guys not enjoying the game? for me this is the best game i've ever played and i'm not sure what kind of changes people want implemented. it's brilliant as it is and i'm all up for the odd update but i'm still having fun playing this 5 and a half years after i started!

what changes specifically would make this better? more people playing for sure but it is quite a niche game so it will never have huge numbers...

• Upvote 4

This has more to do if Mike actually wants to sell the game or not. I think he would be more interested in an outright sell of the game, rather than selling shares and we have no idea what his price would be for it. I am pretty sure he spent more than 35k on it, so his price will likely be higher.

I asked not long ago in Buzz and he actually said if the right offer presents itself he would consider.

The problem is he will not receive an offer like he did (or not) years ago.

Take a look at RIM, when their shares dropped from $200 to $6 share holders preferred to just keep them than to sell at $100 / $80 / $50 . I believe Mike is in the same situation with his product having lost so much value.

are you guys not enjoying the game? for me this is the best game i've ever played and i'm not sure what kind of changes people want implemented. it's brilliant as it is and i'm all up for the odd update but i'm still having fun playing this 5 and a half years after i started!

what changes specifically would make this better? more people playing for sure but it is quite a niche game so it will never have huge numbers...

I'm honestly enjoying it and have only played for about 1 1/2 years.

I think what people want more than anything is a dedicated owner. Someone that makes them feel like he cares and is invested in the game.

A couple of tweaks here and there to make other styles than cookie cutter effective would be nice too and a better Hype system so inactive managers would just fuck off would be nice.

• Upvote 2

Personally i am enjoying it as well, sure it would be nice to get a few updates, but all in all, i do not have any major issues. Also, i think almost 50% of the ideas mentioned by players will probably hurt the game more than it will help it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Personally i am enjoying it as well, sure it would be nice to get a few updates, but all in all, i do not have any major issues. Also, i think almost 50% of the ideas mentioned by players will probably hurt the game more than it will help it.

Very true that last thing, players are not necessarily any good game designers.

• Upvote 1

100% agreed

some of the ideas to make this game Easymode have already hurt the game

Best example is the decrease in Morale + Energy lost when you don't forget to cancel your auto-fligh. So many of the so called "top" managers bitched about this that Mike nerfed it.

I have a guy that his opponent is currently on a plane travelling from Hilo to NYC and he has lost no morale and barely like 10% energy.

That is complete bullshit , that's a long arse flight lol

YESSSSSSSS someone who cares. Ive been here since i think oct 17 & it deffo seems like the pool is getting smaller(actual players around) Im sorry but as i said in the other thread i wont accept a game owner who will not give 100% to the game im sorry but its irrelevant if he needs to build a fucking bathroom or whatever that tells me hes happy collecting his cheque at the end of the month & will do things when he wants because things wont get as bad as they are now regarding the game.

Hey its a good game i enjoy it, so do most of us so why would he rush? i get a lot wont like this but it seems to be the case

• Downvote 1

I Love the game how it is. A change in ownership worries me because of the chance they change stuff and ruin this game.

This is the real problem do we as players want a new owner who could potentially change a lot in a bad way or a owner who doesnt care much right now but the game as a whole is very good, doesnt care it probably too strong .

On a ramble here but can you imagine the shit if ed woodward could sign messi tomorrow but he said hang on im busy im with bathroom fitting tell him to wait 3 months? lol. Ok not exactly the same granted but us as players dont want to know a bathroom fitting is stopping the game from advancing. People accepted it in public but come on

Before the bathroom it was moving house, before that it was having a baby. I mean I understand the guy got other things that need to come before running this game as it is not his main income source but more of a side thing. But those other things won't stop coming. Mike you need to make a more realistic plan. For me it's not the lack of updates killing my motivation, it's more the broken promises. Weekly updates? :unsure:

• Upvote 5

I think what people want more than anything is a dedicated owner. Someone that makes them feel like he cares and is invested in the game.

why would any of this matter to anybodys enjoyment of the game? when i flick on Fifa or Red Dead i'm not thinking that i want the owner of the game to be joining in...

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I think this is a common reoccurrence. SteelPenn creates a thread about how there needs to a change in leadership in the game. A bunch of people comment in favor or not, sometimes Mike even comments on it. The thread stalls or gets locked. Six months later SteelPenn creates another thread about it.

• Upvote 6