Early upset of the year candidate

Taisto Perala just won every round against Wilder Wein. I was 100% sure Wein would take this one easily. After being knocked out twice by Pablo Alvado, Perala's last 4 fights prior to this have all been extremely close matches and it looked like his days of being a top WW were over. He didn't look especially good in close matches with a past prime Rustam Kershikov and Jack Jone and the draw with Moe Lester that followed seemed to confirm he was declining. The he surprised many with a narrow split decision over surging #5 WW Sven Jergensen.

I was looking forward to a rematch between the two, but Perala used the hype he gained from that win to negotiate a deal with Syn and earned this title shot for his debut. I'm sure Wein will look to avenge this loss and there will be a lot of other fighters gunning for a fighter that many will perceive as a weak champion in a premier organization. It will interesting too see how this plays out in the coming months.

I wouldn't say he's a weak champion lol. Wein will come again im sure. Perala will now defend his belt against someone who is on a 4 fight win streak in SYN so we will see what he is made of

Taisto Perala just won every round against Wilder Wein. I was 100% sure Wein would take this one easily. Perala's last 4 fights have all been extremely close matches with his most recent being a split decision win over my fighter Sven Jergensen (Jergensen was around 35 p4p and Perala was 100 p4p at the time of the fight)

I was looking forward to a rematch between the two, but Perala used the hype he gained from that win to negotiate a deal with Syn and earned this title shot for his first match. I'm sure Wein will look for a rematch and there will be a lot of other fighters gunning for a fighter that many will perceive as a weak champion in a premier organization. Will be interesting too see how that plays out.

Fact is that there was no choice to resign to EVO, Jugg didnt want my guys :yawn:

Perälä was best EVO 170 fighter at 2016. He has bad fights, but those couple lucky punch losses mean nothing.

Not sure did Perälä really start to decline at 30, but hes pysicals have dropped ~4 points in 4 weeks. He shouldnt be rotting that bad, because he had fight at last month, so maybe that aging changed something.

Fact is that there was no choice to resign to EVO, Jugg didnt want my guys :yawn:

Perälä was best EVO 170 fighter at 2016. He has bad fights, but those couple lucky punch losses mean nothing.

Not sure did Perälä really start to decline at 30, but hes pysicals have dropped ~4 points in 4 weeks. He shouldnt be rotting that bad, because he had fight at last month, so maybe that aging changed something.

Man that sucks about EVO. I was sure he would have been granted a title shot, but was puzzled when I saw he was no longer signed. Hopefully Jergensen and Perala will meet again though. Would be a shame to have Perala fade away before a rematch.

To the other people that think this wasn't an upset do you still feel that way after looking at my edited OP and seeing the fighter's manager say Perala may have already been declining prior to this?

Wein doesnt have much power, certainly not enough to trouble Perala so this was always going to come down to a decision. His attribute drop doesnt sound very significant, again, not enough to make him not competitive.

Of course he is competitive he is a former #1 WW, but competitive enough for me not be surprised when he completely shuts out Wilder Wein? Not based on recent performances IMO. After the Alvado KO losses he has looked like a different fighter and not in a good way.

Oh well if nothing else miraculous happens in the next 6-7 months I'll nominate him for upset of the year. If Perala loses his title quickly and Wein regains his status it would convince me even further.

Personally IMO, whymer changed what he normally does slider wise. Not sure his reason for it, but he varied what has worked for him in the past and it didn't work very well for him.

That's correct. Sometimes the sliders I use to outpoint my opponents backfires hard on me and Jorma is one of the guys who has bested me in this scenario.

I've already lost the exact same fight in ITFL using this plan and since he is 12 lbs lighter than me, I took a shot. I didn't really had high expectations since Wein doesn't have much KO power. But sometimes you got to try.

i'm gonna ask Dale to come back to 185 which is Wein's division. Hopefully thing will get back on track again. :)

I have been playing really inactively lately and many of my old guys are retired early because of no interest. Young guys have been doing nothing, because i havent got motivation to sign them.

After playing these years i have had long time feeling that i have done already basically everything and nothing feels super great anymore.

But after reading these comments maybe i want to get my young guys to the top.

Even tho Perälä has been finished sometimes he doesent have that bad chin. Alvado is just heaviest hitter at 170.

I have been playing really inactively lately and many of my old guys are retired early because of no interest. Young guys have been doing nothing, because i havent got motivation to sign them.

After playing these years i have had long time feeling that i have done already basically everything and nothing feels super great anymore.

But after reading these comments maybe i want to get my young guys to the top.

Even tho Perälä has been finished sometimes he doesent have that bad chin. Alvado is just heaviest hitter at 170.

And when Michael Knight goes for knockouts, he goes for knockouts.

• 4 weeks later...