COVID-19

PBR

There is something really weird with those stats.

Italy:

Recovered:

Deaths:

United Kingdom:

Recovered:

Deaths:

Canada:

Recovered:

Deaths:

Sweden:

Recovered:

Deaths:

China:

Recovered:

Deaths:

South Korea:

Recovered:

Deaths:

The general statistics are showing that the west countries are recovering way worse than most of Asia. So unless the east have a better way of dealing with it (which most people would think otherwise) or the data is inaccurate in some of these places.

My sister in law is Chinese, her parents still live there, and was discussing The Coronavirus a few weeks ago before it even spread to Europe. I think there's a couple of reasons why Asia seems to have dealt with it better. People are brought up from a young age to wear a mask if they have minor ailments like a common cold to stop bugs and viruses from spreading, it's the same in Japan and South Korea, so think having this practice already ingrained in their culture, has helped massively.

Also China being a Strict communist country, The people were always going to be compliant while being locked down more or less under house arrest, and with the size of the military they have, this would have been much easier to enforce. Whereas us over here in Britain, have an understaffed police force, Army. Plus we are a much more Liberal country, who have never been asked to do anything like this before.

• Upvote 1

Map_of_population_density_in_Italy_%2820
North Italy has the highest demographic density and Italy is the second "elderly-est" country in the world (losing to Japan, I guess)
IF im not mistaken north Italy is also the eldest region of Italy.
This could explain why more people die than recovery

Yes, running a dictatorship helps

My sister in law is Chinese, her parents still live there, and was discussing The Coronavirus a few weeks ago before it even spread to Europe. I think there's a couple of reasons why Asia seems to have dealt with it better. People are brought up from a young age to wear a mask if they have minor ailments like a common cold to stop bugs and viruses from spreading, it's the same in Japan and South Korea, so think having this practice already ingrained in their culture, has helped massively.
Also China being a Strict communist country, The people were always going to be compliant while being locked down more or less under house arrest, and with the size of the military they have, this would have been much easier to enforce. Whereas us over here have an understaffed police force, Army. Plus we are a much more Liberal country, who have never been asked to do anything like this before.

Also China being a Strict communist country, The people were always going to be compliant while being locked down more or less under house arrest, and with the size of the military they have, this would have been much easier to enforce. Whereas us over here in Britain, have an understaffed police force, Army. Plus we are a much more Liberal country, who have never been asked to do anything like this before.

THANK YOU

See folks, I TOLD ya , it`s the mask !

Part of my entourage /social / training circle is also mostly asian and it is crazy to see the differences in their culture when shit goes bad.

A place like China a few weeks ago was collecting people with the COVID and putting them in those white boxes / containers.

What a lot of people here don`t understand is a place like China is willing to take measures much more drastic and horrendous than any Western country. They are skipping animal testing and going straight into human testing and should have a vaccine must sooner than we think.

• Downvote 1

Its not JUST the mask. Japan was already planing and doing a good epidemiology vigilance even before the virus spread out of China.

Are there habits that help? Yes. The mask, they bow instead of shaking hands/hugging, not taking your shoes inside the house... But thats also in China culture as well and virus exploded there.

Good public health and epidemiologic vigilance is the key. South Korea did mass testing and isolating. Japan did early vigilance and isolation. Both did stop vertical transmission.

I love this map to keep updates on COVID:

https://google.org/crisisresponse/covid19-map

Very impressed by Russia, then again Putin took care of that with his 2-week self-isolation or 5 years Gulag shit. In Soviet Russia....

It's easy when you just blame it on some other disease: https://qz.com/1822523/russia-reports-few-coronavirus-cases-but-sharp-spike-in-pneumonia/

I think you are exactly right. The masks, faster response, more proactive government and the "liberal western position to everything" are the key reasons. So when it comes down to it, the East are way better equipped to deal with serious pandemic threat's and crisis's.

It's a large difference in culture I think, masks play a part but we're also a lot more individualistic. I don't think we're well suited to handle this particular virus because it will infect people being ignorant because they personally should be fine. I think this virus being infectious while asymptomatic and our culture creates a situation that we're going to have small pockets of people very actively spread this regardless.

It's a large difference in culture I think, masks play a part but we're also a lot more individualistic. I don't think we're well suited to handle this particular virus because it will infect people being ignorant because they personally should be fine. I think this virus being infectious while asymptomatic and our culture creates a situation that we're going to have small pockets of people very actively spread this regardless.

I`m noticing something really crazy also.

Due to this starting in China, the way people look at asians will change pretty much forever.

• Downvote 1

There is a lot of conspiracies about the virus though, the word is going around that this is actually a weapon.

Yeh I've heard a few conspiracy theories, mostly about Russia having some involvement in it, But hang on it can't be true, it's not like they have a reputation for sending secret service agent's to other countries to poison people with weapons of mass destruction do they??? Only tourists for sightseeing visits...
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Before we went into self-imposed isolation here in Canada I had a really good talk with a colleague, let`s call him Fredo.

Fredo is from the south of Italy and his wife from the north.

He says that the way it exploded in the north is because of the shipping containers from China that bring all the fake Gucci bags the northerns in Italy love.

It actually made a lot of sense.

In the US the spring breakers are making a total mess out of this. Florida is infected and every day we will continue to see the numbers climb.

LOL because all of Asia is Chinese right? Get lost.

That`s not what I said, don`t twist my words.

For the record: most of my entourage, friends, training partners and even my current girlfriend is asian. So no I`m not being racist.

I was having a serious chat with an employee, an older gentlemen I respect a lot. Only reason he is my "employee" is because he manages his multiple properties and needs an actual "job" to borrow more from the banks.

This guy is loaded and I love him to death, almost like a father figure. Hard working when he doesn`t have to be and all that.

Anyways, we were chatting and I told him how I notice people out on the street keeing a little extra distance whenever an asian person passes close by. I also notice that disdain and almost accusatory looks they are getting.. because the virus started in China.

Until a few months ago an educated, wealthy asian dude would be considered quite the catch for any great looking woman past that experimenting phase. A good looking asian woman would be considered out of most guys` reach unless the guy was some kind of rich dude or athlete.

But with this COVID shit asians in general are losing some of that upper status stuff they have enjoyed. The old chinese man agreed, also said it would be good to ground some of the younger ones.

That`s all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

just a tip people, forget anything you have read in this thread. If you want to understand go read up on the spanish flu and viruses historically. i.e. what the common flu did to indigenous populations when white man came as they had no natural immunity. There are no conspiracies here this is nature doing what nature does and what it will continue to do. Microbiologists have stated for ever that its not a matter of if but when in regards to species killer viruses hitting. Watch out when HIN can transfer from person to person instead of birds to person. HIN had a 60% mortality rate. When one of those high mortality viruses mutate (and that is what they do) you will have what they call a species killer

The good news though is that appears the US evangelicals have been ignoring the medical and public health advice, so with a bit of luck in a couple of months, there is about to be a major drop in the worst scammers on earth paychecks

• Upvote 5

For the record: most of my entourage, friends, training partners and even my current girlfriend is asian. So no I`m not being racist.

I was having a serious chat with an employee, an older gentlemen I respect a lot. Only reason he is my "employee" is because he manages his multiple properties and needs an actual "job" to borrow more from the banks.

This guy is loaded and I love him to death, almost like a father figure. Hard working when he doesn`t have to be and all that.

Anyways, we were chatting and I told him how I notice people out on the street keeing a little extra distance whenever an asian person passes close by. I also notice that disdain and almost accusatory looks they are getting.. because the virus started in China.

Until a few months ago an educated, wealthy asian dude would be considered quite the catch for any great looking woman past that experimenting phase. A good looking asian woman would be considered out of most guys` reach unless the guy was some kind of rich dude or athlete.

But with this COVID shit asians in general are losing some of that upper status stuff they have enjoyed. The old chinese man agreed, also said it would be good to ground some of the younger ones.

That`s all.

Waste of words, waste of time. Now “dis rich bitch” is his girlfriend because he has to try to sound educated about something he has no clue about. You sound absolutely retarded Camara, every word that you speak.

• Upvote 1

just a tip people, forget anything you have read in this thread. If you want to understand go read up on the spanish flu and viruses historically. i.e. what the common flu did to indigenous populations when white man came as they had no natural immunity. There are no conspiracies here this is nature doing what nature does and what it will continue to do. Microbiologists have stated for ever that its not a matter of if but when in regards to species killer viruses hitting. Watch out when HIN can transfer from person to person instead of birds to person. HIN had a 60% mortality rate. When one of those high mortality viruses mutate (and that is what they do) you will have what they call a species killer

Scary shit. Hopefully this is a good relatively gentle test run for the human race to get prepared for one of those uber viruses.

• Upvote 1

That`s all.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/IqngrRBIpkw