I have sleeping problems

Viking

In this thread you can give us your best advice on sleeping problems

Alright ill start

"Mindfulness" (lol)

I learned this at a seminar I signed up for a few months ago

What you do is you relax and close your eyes and focus on your breathing, counting to 4 between each breathe and do that for at least 3 minutes

Then move on to focusing how it feels inside the feet, hands, neck etc for a couple of minutes (you can increase the time when you get some experience)

Pushing all thoughts away when you do this really focusing is important

What is your guys best advice?

• Downvote 2

I have playlist on an mp3 player with music that works for me. Some maybe wouldn't belive but vocal trance works great for me. I listen and try to focus on the different instruments and voices in the songs, there are quite a lot of them. After a few songs I find myself slumbering away and when I hit that first snore I know I can put the music away, close my eyes and I sleep. This has worked magically good for me numerous of times.

Another technique with the music that's also has been working. As I'm listening to the music I'm not allowed to move anything. Just lay perfectly still and no mather how much it itches or you feel you want to move a leg or something, dont. It's hard in the begining but then you feel your body go into a kind of weightless state and it becomes hard to tell the difference between were your hand ends and your bed mattress begins. They kinda melt into one and then you drift off.

I have playlist on an mp3 player with music that works for me. Some maybe wouldn't belive but vocal trance works great for me. I listen and try to focus on the different instruments and voices in the songs, there are quite a lot of them. After a few songs I find myself slumbering away and when I hit that first snore I know I can put the music away, close my eyes and I sleep. This has worked magically good for me numerous of times.

Another technique with the music that's also has been working. As I'm listening to the music I'm not allowed to move anything. Just lay perfectly still and no mather how much it itches or you feel you want to move a leg or something, dont. It's hard in the begining but then you feel your body go into a kind of weightless state and it becomes hard to tell the difference between were your hand ends and your bed mattress begins. They kinda melt into one and then you drift of.

Send me your sleeping playlist!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9p1meFTaE1reo8fuo1_500.jpg

I used to be Swedens biggest pothead

I smoked/rolled so many joints my fingers hurt (true story)

I will never touch that shit again it ruined me, the years just went by I spent half my youth (17-23) just smoking that shit being in the mist/fog

It just span out of control the last smoking period I had I smoked 550 grams (top quality stuff) in 39 days cost me 10.000 dollars I will never touch that shit again

It was good for sleeping tho

• Downvote 1

do you do anything in your bedroom other than sleep? like, do you watch tv, read, eat, etc while laying in bed? if you do, stop doing that. get your brain/body used to knowing that your bed is only there for sleep (well, and sex of course)

*edit* and make sure your bedroom is as dark as possible. hell, mine's almost pitch black and i still usually put the edge of a pillow (or my arm) over my eyes to block out ALL light. i almost always fall asleep within 5 minutes or less. i also smoke weed and go to bed late though, so i'm sure that helps too :P

do you do anything in your bedroom other than sleep? like, do you watch tv, read, eat, etc while laying in bed? if you do, stop doing that. get your brain/body used to knowing that your bed is only there for sleep (well, and sex of course)

*edit* and make sure your bedroom is as dark as possible. hell, mine's almost pitch black and i still usually put the edge of a pillow (or my arm) over my eyes to block out ALL light. i almost always fall asleep within 5 minutes or less. i also smoke weed and go to bed late though, so i'm sure that helps too :P

WOW

A lightbulb just lit in my head

This is so logical

I spend too much time in bed with my laptop on my fat belly surfing and stuff like that

No more I say! NO MORE!

Thank you Facekicker I hope you will have a great weekend

It just span out of control the last smoking period I had I smoked 550 grams (top quality stuff) in 39 days cost me 10.000 dollars I will never touch that shit again

If you're paying over USD$500 an ounce, you're doing it wrong.