Ascension's New Breed Tournament - Season 1 sign up thread

ludovik

Congrats to all the winners: Yoshiro Makamori, Johnny Miller and Martin Philippe Njewel (huge upset btw!).

We have Jay Zol already lined up for April 27th and we're waiting on 3 managers replies before confirming a current fighter that's on the shelf waiting to be signed. After the next event, we'll do the SF draw with the 4 fighters and then book the fights. Thanks for those that participated on this round :)

• 3 weeks later...

Makamori frustrates me. I am sure that loss comes down to sliders, but quad Elite, just doesnt have any power. He can get the Sub a good deal of the time, but if he can't get the sub, he doesn't have the power to cover up slider mistakes.

Great win for Miller.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea great win mate thoroughly deserved all out.

By the way Jacobs with a huge win

Thanks, he's held his own so far in Ascension moving to 4-0 w/ 3 KO's. Still kinda reserving judgement on him cause he's only faced really 1 "elite level" 205er imo and that was Hayes who utterly beat me down. I got slider FU'd in that fight & he did show the ability to take a beating and recover so can't say I didn't learn some things about my guy from the loss. Still hate to see a guy just get beat down so badly like that when jumping up against the caliber of fighter of Khalid Hayes.

I was hoping to at least get 1 round or the fight going to the ground. Turned out differently, grats on the win. Was surprised as well that Miller had Njewel rocked in that fight too.

But my expectations for Miller exceeded overall for participating in this tournament. His learning speed isn't great, he has a little power and a granite chin to boot. If I can get his skills in line, he can do really well in the future.