UFC 223 Ferguson vs Nurmagomedov Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

It just doesn't matter what's in his contract. I don't need it in front of me. The ACTUAL fact of the matter, if we ignore that fucking idiot for a minute, is that FEDERAL LAW gives Conor the RIGHT to fight in a professional boxing bout regardless of his mma contract. Would the UFC be happy? Nope. Would they sue him? Yup. Would they get some money? Yup. Would conor be able to box without the UFC's permission? Yes.

Are you still going on?

• Upvote 1

As you just quoted my message, that question is self answering. No?

I stopped last night, JLP keeps going on and on about it and everything he says is wrong, don't see you asking him if he's still going on Huh?

go, get your thread and get of of mine.

It just doesn't matter what's in his contract. I don't need it in front of me. The ACTUAL fact of the matter, if we ignore that fucking idiot for a minute, is that FEDERAL LAW gives Conor the RIGHT to fight in a professional boxing bout regardless of his mma contract. Would the UFC be happy? Nope. Would they sue him? Yup. Would they get some money? Yup. Would conor be able to box without the UFC's permission? Yes.

Oh shit it's Grump

• Upvote 4

Oh shit it's Grump

unless I'm missing something... he was right, regardless of how he reacted to it and 9 pages later people still aren't man enough to admit they were wrong lol.

most of yall in this thread only know the fight game through your computer, what you read, or what you see on tv. throwing words around like "casuals" and nuthuggers but couldn't lift their leg up to throw a kick to save their life.

• Downvote 2

unless I'm missing something... he was right, regardless of how he reacted to it and 9 pages later people still aren't man enough to admit they were wrong lol.

most of yall in this thread only know the fight game through your computer, what you read, or what you see on tv. throwing words around like "casuals" and nuthuggers but couldn't lift their leg up to throw a kick to save their life.

Lol, you're talking to lad that has been boxing since he was ten. I got a sneaking suspicion that the only keyboard warrior here is you. Not that it matters in a discussion involving contract and federal law
  • Upvote 1

Karter, why don't you two go get a room together.

• Upvote 1

You seem to go to the same strategy when you got nothing of substance to offer and you just attack the person with your fake ass tough guy persona that Im sure most can see right through.

Like timqwe mentioned, keyboard warriors and throwing leg kicks have nothing to do with contracts.

• Upvote 3

Seems like Joanna not the champion is whining again ... couple of weeks from now she would be calling this a fluke as well

well she obviously didn't tap this time and the fight was close, no doubts there, but Rose won the fight clearly ( 3 rounds to 2 in my opinion )

and Khabib did dominate BUT

I am no analyst ... dude's got huge holes in his striking game ... BUT again :) he has that absolutely brilliant and threatening wrestling/control skills to compensate that

he should have fought Ortega .. that would have been interesting !

and all the mcgregor shit, couple weeks from now on ... everything will be sorted out (big money involved of course) and Dana himself will announce that actually it was mcgregor who was the victim in that situation or something like that

So.. :D

Seems like Joanna not the champion is whining again ... couple of weeks from now she would be calling this a fluke as well

well she obviously didn't tap this time and the fight was close, no doubts there, but Rose won the fight clearly ( 3 rounds to 2 in my opinion )

and Khabib did dominate BUT

I am no analyst ... dude's got huge holes in his striking game ... BUT again :) he has that absolutely brilliant and threatening wrestling/control skills to compensate that

he should have fought Ortega .. that would have been interesting !

and all the mcgregor shit, couple weeks from now on ... everything will be sorted out (big money involved of course) and Dana himself will announce that actually it was mcgregor who was the victim in that situation or something like that

So.. :D

Not a couple off weeks, more like a couple of months at least. Conor has court in June, He's out on bail now. He can't go anywhere near Chiesa, Borg or the guy that got his hand broke or he violates his bond. And anywhere includes social media...

http://youtu.be/0y_OzKi2jiQ

all this back and fourth on comments about what someone under contract can and can't do without seeing or knowing what the contract says is crazy and nonsense -- it all depends on how or what is written in the contract, many contracts have clauses in them forbidding activities which could hinder or hurt themselves -- which a boxing fight could and would fall under that clause -- if many remember that was one of fedor main issues (or so they say) was ufc was exclusive and would not allow him to do sambo or whatever it was he was doing or wanting to do -- its just all how the contract is written -- now like mentioned conor could of went ahead and done it but most likely would of lost everything he earned in court suit and maybe more -- also some states have a right to work law which forbids certain things like non-compete clauses but in this case that wouldnt help conor win cause ufc had fights for him he just wanted to do box at that time

now on the fights i was surprise by rose and glad she won but with the conor stuff happening and hearing she was so shocked and scared i thought it would hinder her knowing she has anxiety / mental issues but she really seems to keep her focus in the ring --- on khabib i dont know he for sure didnt look like the khabib from his fights before but also that could of been part of the plan cause the first 2 rounds he did -- but from there on al was too scared to throw anything and khabib could just jab all night long -- so i feel he just played it safe somewhat and maybe tried to look bad somewhat

Not a couple off weeks, more like a couple of months at least. Conor has court in June, He's out on bail now. He can't go anywhere near Chiesa, Borg or the guy that got his hand broke or he violates his bond. And anywhere includes social media...

http://youtu.be/0y_OzKi2jiQ

wow ... not even social media ? that's got to kill mcnuggets .. I mean that's where he and his coaches does the best talking

may be his coach ..that cavanaugh or what's his name guy will represent mcnuggets and talk shit until the dispute is settled ( he usually does that .. him and that BJJ guy who trained nuggets for the boxing extravaganza/'story-line' against Mayweather

PS : Joanna not the the champion has already started the ranting ... didn't even take a full couple of days .. she is all talking about how the division should bow down to her etc. etc. She acted like this saint during this fight camp to dismiss her behavior during the last fight and now the real her is coming to the scene, it seems

wow ... not even social media ? that's got to kill mcnuggets .. I mean that's where he and his coaches does the best talking

may be his coach ..that cavanaugh or what's his name guy will represent mcnuggets and talk shit until the dispute is settled ( he usually does that .. him and that BJJ guy who trained nuggets for the boxing extravaganza/'story-line' against Mayweather

time for them to start trolling him and get him to screw up -- lmao

• Upvote 1