Going Public

SteelPenn

Everybody knows this is a fucking dumbshit idea, this isn't a pyramid scheme! No company would ever take over this game mates...

And no one wants to buy shares of this game either. I'm sure we have a few users who may actually be able to afford the price the game is actually worth but no one is going to pay Mike what he needs or wants.

Let's face it: this game will peter along at the same pace it always has and other companies will steal the ideas behind it and make other games, each one 10 billion times better than all its predecessors. No offense. I still love this game but we live in fucking 2019 for those of us who don't look at their calendar anymore.

It's been 10 years since this game has been financially viable to grow or sell. 10 fucking years! Let me spell it out once for those of us who aren't good with math: TEN YEARS! You know what you can do in 10 years? You can meet a woman who sweeps you off your feet, start a fucking family, move into a new house, renovate your fucking bathroom and then start tiling your kitchen...

Wait a minute! That's exactly what Mike's been doing! WTF have I been doing with my life...

Oh right I've been posting on these Gods forsaken forums :wheelchair:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Going public, no way, just drop the idea. If you could get even 10 people to agree on a model for that I'd be impressed.

What maybe could be done however is opening up the dev process some.

Mike probably doesn't see any business case in hiring someone for dev work on the game at this point. But what if he set up some specific improvements with a kickstarter-like funding? If people donate X amount towards feature Y he will hire an external developer to make it happen. People are already making donations, something like this would likely pull in more. Even if it doesn't end up in Mikes pocket it might still be a win-win as it would improve the game as a whole and renew interest in paying for VIP etc. maybe worth trying?

Disclaimer, I happen to be a developer. I even talked to Mike once about helping out with some work for the game, but nothing came out of it. This is not me looking for work, in fact I doubt I'd have time to take anything on right now, just throwing this idea out there. In a way I'm not even sure I'd want to look at all the source code and know how things work since that would take away from the fun of figuring it out which is a large part of playing this game. If I did take on any serious amount of dev work I'd probably stop playing.

This is the best idea. Not sure how realistic it is though since it would eventually require a revamp and re-org of the entire site hierarchy. It's a big job and would require Mike's assistance more than accepting avatars would

Steel Penn offered Mike a sum at least 3x larger than the 35k in the past no? Back when MMA and this game were at its peak.

I would obviously give Mike 15k for the game just for LOLs. God knows I waste bigger amounts on the dumbest shit and betting on Real Madrid.

I offered Mike 115k for this game years ago, you say? I must be loaded if I had that kind of cash back then. Where do we come up with these numbers?

• Upvote 3

Lets clear a few things up. Mike and I spoke years ago about the idea of him selling me the game. It was an idea. We spoke, nothing more.

Our goal should stay focused on how we can work with him to improve the game we all fucking love. United we are a force. This thread was an idea to help our game grow. Stop the bull shit and work with me on ideas that can work.

Lets stop bitching, complaining, procrastinating and combine our efforts to move the game forward.

• Upvote 2

The shares idea is garbage. If you want to move on with ideas forget about that one because it just wont work.

Agreed. Only a complete moron buys in on a declining service on an outdated format.

And as much as nobody wants to hear it or say it, and as harshly as he may have put it, Lefty is completely correct. (At least in his last post.)

Lets clear a few things up. Mike and I spoke years ago about the idea of him selling me the game. It was an idea. We spoke, nothing more.

Our goal should stay focused on how we can work with him to improve the game we all fucking love. United we are a force. This thread was an idea to help our game grow. Stop the bull shit and work with me on ideas that can work.

Lets stop bitching, complaining, procrastinating and combine our efforts to move the game forward.

Humors mentioned it in chat, now a lot o the stuff he mentions is usually shit but every now and then you find a smidgen of truth. In this case yeah there was a talk about Mike selling you the game, that is all we wanted to clarify.

And to stay on topic: When have you ever heard of clients having to work hard at bettering the business they are subscribing to? It's the world backwards. Nobody is bitching man, it's just that if the fucking owner doesn't give a rat's arse guess what? Why would the clients care?

This game will continue being the way it is (fairly awesome) and forever the could have / should have will stay.

I mean, last time I sent an avatar for approval it took Mike so damn long to reject it with a vague note that the tournament was already finished lol

I think the only time I spend a few $ was to buy extra fighter slots but I would be damned if I paid VIP money for dude to renovate his bathroom in 3 months. Anyone that owns a business or has a few brain cells understands that succesful people don't spend 3 months renovating their bathroom, you pay someone to do it in a week for time is money.

• Upvote 2

Are we making excuses for Mike now? New house, new bathroom, new baby = less MMA Tycoon and we should understand? What?

Screw that, I own a company and would never expect my customers to understand that my private life holds me up from doing the work they paid me for.

That's straight up BS. And now I hear he has no time for US do to another game / project? MMA Bets or something. What?

So we are paying money to a dead game where the owner is more involved with another game? WHAT?

I'm here trying to help him get funds to help this game AND HE IS ON ANOTHER PROJECT? NOT THIS ONE FULL TIME? WTF is going on here. Are we the forgotten left behind trash that gives him funds for other projects while we are here hoping / waiting for basic fooking upgrades?

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Are we making excuses for Mike now? New house, new bathroom, new baby = less MMA Tycoon and we should understand? What?

Screw that, I own a company and would never expect my customers to understand that my private life holds me up from doing the work they paid me for.

That's straight up BS. And now I hear he has no time for US do to another game / project? MMA Bets or something. What?

So we are paying money to a dead game where the owner is more involved with another game? WHAT?

I'm here trying to help him get funds to help this game AND HE IS ON ANOTHER PROJECT? NOT THIS ONE FULL TIME? WTF is going on here. Are we the forgotten left behind trash that gives him funds for other projects while we are here hoping / waiting for basic fooking upgrades?

From what I hear, he's making under $30k a year from mmat. Would you work on this game full time for 30k? Of course not.

With that said, I do agree that he needs to dedicate at least SOME time since we are paying customers, and we do have certain expectations.

• Downvote 1

I get where you're coming from at the end of the day people are still paying money in the hope of cool new features being added to the game / added for VIP members. If all the VIPs suddenly went, "No, I've waited long enough for changes, I'm not waiting any longer and I wont be renewing" then that $30k a year would quickly become $0 a year.

I'm curious if there's any way for VIP members to give feedback on why they no longer wish to continue to renew their VIP membership. It would help gather information on why we lost such a high number of users over the years (of course those who were multi accounts don't count)

• Upvote 4