Keeping an eye on the fight engine since the changes

MMATycoon

I don't know if this is an issue or not since I've just joined, but my fighter knocks out the opponent in 0:29 with a head kick and my fighter's the one that's injured for 11 days?!

well injuries work off of your hidden skill value -- so you could win with a 5 second ko and still have say a 16 day injury -- have to look at it as the injury hidden not really what happened in fight -- although you could say he might of broke his foot or injured shin -- but in the end it works off the hidden skill value

My three fights after changes were almost 2 hours ago. Really these reversals looks very stupid in my fighter Kim fight. I knew I could lost to Cloltran cause he's a beast and Kim definitelly not, only looking good. I don't know about other changes but my best skilled guy loses to much weaker in primaries guy and my other almost elite boxer with elite secondaries being beaten by "12" boxer makes me thinking it's time to quit playing this game. It's not fun anymore and definitelly If You don't understand why it's hapening. Hiddens means too much?Maybe but it's not fun when You sit couple hours per day in game, thinking, planninf training so much and have result as that at the end. Too bad I have 20 slots, priv gym and priv jet. Almost one year VIP. It's hard to let it go after couple years of playing but really game should be fun in my opinion... Sorry for my bad language :-)

BTW: My ratings were always close or 100% and last three fights 22-26% ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

So I can only assume that this is related to the changes in the figth engine. In this fight http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=702332, I was taken down in the begining of the first round and my opponent landed 2, yes TWO groupnd strikes and attempted 1 submission while spending the round in top position. While I attempted 6 submissions attempts. But the round was rated as dominated by my opponent. I understand that submissions now count in declining value which is fine but there is no way that someone should be considered as dominant for lay and pray when the other fighter is going for finishes! I obviously should lose the round, no argument there, but if submission attempts have been devalued to the point where 2 strikes and 1 sub attempt is considered to dominate a far more active fighter going for subs from the bottom then something is wrong.

It depends how close the subs were. If the subs were nowhere near landing, it won't score much. I have started programming more accurate commentary in terms of displaying how close they were but that update won't be done by the end of the year I wouldn't have thought, cos I need to break off from fight engine updates and fix some other stuff first.

So I can only assume that this is related to the changes in the figth engine. In this fight http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=702332, I was taken down in the begining of the first round and my opponent landed 2, yes TWO groupnd strikes and attempted 1 submission while spending the round in top position. While I attempted 6 submissions attempts. But the round was rated as dominated by my opponent. I understand that submissions now count in declining value which is fine but there is no way that someone should be considered as dominant for lay and pray when the other fighter is going for finishes! I obviously should lose the round, no argument there, but if submission attempts have been devalued to the point where 2 strikes and 1 sub attempt is considered to dominate a far more active fighter going for subs from the bottom then something is wrong.

i think it would be more the control and position that dominated the round

• 5 weeks later...

Ok so I have a question: How I lost the 2nd round in this fight. http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=711267 . My opponent attempted but landed no standing strikes, I took him down in less than a minute, he reversed it. He did/attempted nothing from the top. I attempted 2 subs from the bottom and reversed it on him. He was in top position for aproximately 1 minute total. And the ref stood it up after the 4 minute mark. He attempts a few more strikes but none land. All 3 judges scored this round for him.

As far as I can tell he went 0/10 in standing strikes, stuffed 6 takedowns, did 1 reversal on the ground and had top for about 1 minute. While I went 1/7 on takedowns, 0/3 sub (2 from my back, 1 from top), have 1 reversal, 1 advance position (guard to half gaurd), 0/3 ground strikes, about 2 min top control. I won the decision but someone explain how I lodt this round. Is this sort of thing happenig to anyone else? I feel like the ground scoring changes went to far in the other direction if ineffective agression on the feet somehow trumps a more effective ground game. Maybe fight stats broken down by round could help people figure out how they lost rounds like this.

Side note it was fighters 2nd fight and my takedowns were only set to 15% attack, 20% counter so the volume of attempts was primarily an artifact of the way the program happened to run this time.

• 1 month later...

Submission spamming is a problem. I just had a fight where my opponent made 15 sub attempts in one round! It's obvious that in RNG system one out of 15 will be succesfull. I lost in last 10 seconds of first round. 15 sub attempts in one round? Really? There should be some disadvantage to mass sub spamming, like counters being more likely and more succesfull after sub attempt and subs should cost more energy the further they were from landing. Like twice as much if sub attempt is nowhere near succesfull.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

So you're saying the more sub attempts the less chance for next sub attempt to be succesful? That's pretty good, but still counters should be more a thing after unsuccesful sub attempt, would discourage sub spamming (wich is really annoying right now) and would resemble rl more (it's easiest to change position or counter when opponent tries a submission when it has zero chance on being succesful).

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Submission spamming is a problem. I just had a fight where my opponent made 15 sub attempts in one round! It's obvious that in RNG system one out of 15 will be succesfull. I lost in last 10 seconds of first round. 15 sub attempts in one round? Really? There should be some disadvantage to mass sub spamming, like counters being more likely and more succesfull after sub attempt and subs should cost more energy the further they were from landing. Like twice as much if sub attempt is nowhere near succesfull.

Yeh, I agree. Even an energy sap would be suffice as a first measure (quick remedy). If spamming subs could leave their opponent with a better chance of improving position, that would something too. If the game engine could differentiate between poorly executed subs that are likely to be countered (punished) and/or well timed near subs that could result in a (rewarded) transition....or I'm sure their is a simple way to remedy this without too much programming.

• Upvote 2

If spamming subs lowered the defense or increased stun/damage taken against GnP or strikes from the bottom maybe it'd both help against spamming and make GnP a bit more useful as a tool overall? I mean, you see sub spamming in BJJ contests (EBI, Metamoris, etc) but super rarely in MMA, maybe the idea of being hit while trying some of this slick shit is the reason it's less likely in MMA?

• 8 months later...

I belive you. Subspamming takes energy + fighter loses position a lot, which correlates to real world fights. Subspamming should be a viable strategy, just not overpowered. Maybe 1% of all my losses are to subspammers. It's VERY annoying to lose to but I don't think it's overpowered at all.

Yep, that is also the case already.

I know it sucks when people do win by sub spamming. I can assure you though, it really is programmed against. I'm not saying it's perfect and it could well need tweaking but the concepts are already in place.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...