Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple

SteelPenn

I have been working on my cryptocurrency portfolio and would like to hear what members from around the world feel about these four forms, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Ripple.

I invested in all four of these and would love opinions.

I'm long Ethereum myself. I love all cryptocurrency, but I feel Ethereum has the most growth potential long term. The hard fork that could be coming to bitcoin in the next 6-8 months could cause some crazy volatility. Long term effect is a guessing game imo. Corporate support for the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) is growing after 86 firms including State Street, Toyota, Merck, ING, Broadridge and Rabobank joined the collective that is seeking to use blockchain technology to run smart contracts at Fortune 500 companies. JPMorgan Chase, Microsoft, CME Group, BNY Mellon and other large multinationals are already EEA members, having joined when it was established in February 2017.

Big business knows blockchain is the future and it seems like they are going towards Ethereum. Corperations like this make all the rules and have all the money. I want to be on their side when it comes to the crypto of the future. Of course I could be dead wrong, but this is the way I'm leaning at the moment.

• Upvote 1

If you invested $100 in bitcoin in 2011 your initial $100 worth of bitcoin in May 2017 would've been worth $482,666.67.

If only we had time machines.

If I had a time machine I wouldn't be doing anything with bitcoin, I'd be going back to 2002 and playing the winning lottery numbers that I had and didn't play, then traveling forward to 2004, going over to Harvard, tracking down Zuckerberg, and telling him I want to invest in The Facebook project he's working on.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't keep to much bitcoin if i were you .The markets are moving away from it due to high fees and transaction times .I feel the crash will be coming in 3-6 months when the full effects come to ahead

Ripple i would also bail on .The banks are making there own blockchains taking all ripples value away .also they can add more coins anytime they what so it can become pretty much worthless anytime the devs what to bail .

Litecoin and Ethereum are pretty solid so they should make you a nice return and are safe for the the forseeable future .

I know 2 very good coins that are under the radar .There tech are awesome and are not on the main exchanges yet .When they get on ploniex bitrex there value will rocket .

If you invested $100 in bitcoin in 2011 your initial $100 worth of bitcoin in May 2017 would've been worth $482,666.67.

If only we had time machines.

fuck thats insane.

I wouldn't keep to much bitcoin if i were you .The markets are moving away from it due to high fees and transaction times .I feel the crash will be coming in 3-6 months when the full effects come to ahead

Ripple i would also bail on .The banks are making there own blockchains taking all ripples value away .also they can add more coins anytime they what so it can become pretty much worthless anytime the devs what to bail .

Litecoin and Ethereum are pretty solid so they should make you a nice return and are safe for the the forseeable future .

I know 2 very good coins that are under the radar .There tech are awesome and are not on the main exchanges yet .When they get on ploniex bitrex there value will rocket .

how do you invest in either? i dont even understand what they are.

fuck thats insane.

how do you invest in either? i dont even understand what they are.

it pretty easy once you get used to it .You can buy bitcoins here https://paxful.com/ .Once you have then you can buy other coins like Litecoin and Ethereum here https://poloniex.com/ .Never invest any money you cant afford to lose due .It works best for disposable income that you can leave for 6 months and dont care if you lose .

it pretty easy once you get used to it .You can buy bitcoins here https://paxful.com/ .Once you have then you can buy other coins like Litecoin and Ethereum here https://poloniex.com/ .Never invest any money you cant afford to lose due .It works best for disposable income that you can leave for 6 months and dont care if you lose .

yeah this post has actually got me quite into the whole thing. ive been reading stuff about stock and cryptocurrencies. i still barely have a basic understanding of it. once i do some more research i might try to get into it. im only 18, so i dont have a lot of money anyways hahah. but im interested.

• 4 months later...

Have 5k to invest. Ether or Litecoin?

• 4 weeks later...

I sued to play a lot of online poker and online sports betting back in 2009-2013

On some sites it was much easier to transfer via bitcoin so I got me some, not a lot because I never really believed in it.

I stopped playing online poker about 4 years ago and last summer I discovered I had left some bitcoins in my account... imagine my surprise when I realized I had about 3K worth of this currency :)

The funniest part is, it took 30 days to withdraw it and in those 30 days my money again grew by like 25%

just crazy crazy shit.

I now wish I had left at least 60-75 bitcoins in my account :( which at the time was a very small amount.

• Upvote 1

be very very careful with these, especially bitcoin right now. One day it's up 50% the next it's down 10000% and worth nothing. The bubble of bitcoin will pop soon enough :)

• 1 month later...

be very very careful with these, especially bitcoin right now. One day it's up 50% the next it's down 10000% and worth nothing. The bubble of bitcoin will pop soon enough :)

On the day you wrote this Bitcoin was at about $7380. Today it's around $16,600.

1- that percentage drop has never even been close to occuring due to its impossibility.

2- predicting a bubble popping..........genius?

Do I want to take advice from all the brilliant financial advisors telling me to stay away from the biggest monetary bubble in the history of mankind OR do I want to take advice from guys who told me about the greatest investment in the history of mankind? It's all about perspective.

I went to Hawaii last week and when i got back it turned out my money had almost tripled. Hate it when that happens!!

BE CAREFUL FELLAS, YOU MIGHT MAKE AN ASSLOAD OF MONEY HERE. :hello: