Some questions from a new player.

IconManagement

Hi,

Recently I found myself to be in position of needing to kill some time, largely due to this global pandemic and associated lockdown and quarantine. I googled for some manager type of games and found this one. I took a look, read forums, site called mmatycoon info and in general tried to figure things out and what to do. I bought VIP, used some of that to get money and to get myself going.

Mistakes I have done so far:

1. New fighter creation:

• I made bunch of fighters. Apparently you are supposed to spike a single primary skill when creating fighters. I started with even spread on every single one. I suppose this is a case of live and learn. On positive side I can now make anything out of these fighters be it kickboxers, dirty boxers, gnp guys or arte suave wanna be bjj stars.
  • I made bunch of 18 years old fighters. Apparently you don't make 18 years old fighter to fight but only train those for a while prior to actually competing. Maybe this one is not that bad as there seems to be a new fresh thing called 360+ ID and joining some ID restricted org seems to be an option. As a side note joining now seems to be a case of good timing due to this 360+ ID thing.
  • Not picking the fast learner hidden. If I am not gravely mistaken, most of my fighters seem to be very slow learners (more about that later). Fast learning seems to be important and also seems to be difficult stat to get without picking the fast learner hidden.

Now to actual questions:

1. What actually makes a fighter a fast learner? I did the test learning test as instructed on another thread and most of mine were around 4 after first training session. I suppose that is low. Couple are slightly over 5 and the best one is 7.25. So if 4 is low is 7 supposed to be high? after doing the learning speed test I got these numbers and data but I just don't know what any of it stands for.
  2. Which of the two is more important for a ground fighter: agility or flexibility? I read bunch of old threads and found some information. Unfortunately some of it was rather conflicting information and all of it quite old. From what I have read spd and str are rather important.
  3. On average how long does it take for 18 years old fighter to catch up to a fighter created at age of 25? I checked few of those so called 360+ ID orgs and noticed quite a few freshly created 25 year old fighters. Since there will be opponents like that, which started with total skill points advantage, how long should one train his 18 years olds newbies to have a fair chance when facing such opponents?
  4. How do you actually update your gym fees and upkeep budget? When I increase both upkeep budget and gym fees or just one of the two and fill the latest news fields (both topic and message body) and press submit- nothing happens. Both my upkeep budget and gym fees just refuse to update. Am I doing something wrong? Can I not do any of the two in middle of week and should it be done on specific weekday like start of the week for example?
  5. How big of a difference does training 1 to 1 training do in reality opposed to 2 to 1 and 3 to 1 ratio? I have some of my fighters training private sessions with my coaches with 1 coach per 1 fighter ratio. Again from what I have read that seems to be the thing to do. This being said I have to ask if it is a silly thing to do? I could easily do sessions of 2 or 3 fighters per one coach and class. I do wonder if there an actual meaningful difference between having private classes and 2-3 person group classes in the long run?
  6. Is there some kind of skill cap and if so what is it? Can you make/train perfect fighters with everything maxed out or is there some kind of skill cap in form of maximum possible total skills points one can achieve to keep things bit more "realistic"? If there is such a skill cap, then exactly how many total points is it?

This is all I have to ask for now. I am still getting lost in the user interface and have yet to even try all of the features of this game so I'll be back :yes:

Thanks in advance,

PDE-King

What actually makes a fighter a fast learner?

Afaik <5 really bad, <5.5 bad, <6.5 okay, 6.5< really good. 7.5 is the absolute maximum, so 7.2 is very fast.

Which of the two is more important for a ground fighter: agility or flexibility?

Afaik flexibility, but you will need all physicals at a high level at some point, so there's not much need to stress about which one is more important.

On average how long does it take for 18 years old fighter to catch up to a fighter created at age of 25?

Depending on learning speed, but if I remember correctly, they equalize after about two months of training and after three months (real life time), the 25 y/olds don't stand a chance against a privately trained fast learning 18 y/o.

How do you actually update your gym fees and upkeep budget?

Above the news headline box, there's an Update button. Click on that.

How big of a difference does training 1 to 1 training do in reality opposed to 2 to 1 and 3 to 1 ratio?

Yes, there is a difference, but its size depends on the skill level of the other fighters training - ie elite punching coach + sensational punches fighter + useless punches fighter will generate a higher increase for the useless punches fighter than if the second fighter involved was also useless at punches. I don't know the detailed numbers though, others might.

Is there some kind of skill cap and if so what is it?

Yes. There are 23 skills, so the maximum is 23 x 150 = 3450 points. The cap is rolled randomly for each fighter, and it's 77%-80% out of that 3450.

Imo you should contact Mike Tycoon(the owner of the game), explain him that you are a newcomer and considering all the money you have invested in the game so far, kindly ask him to release all your fighters for free so you could make proper builds. I bet he wouldn't mind. Then you should get a good mentor and create new projects.

• Upvote 1

Thank you everyone for your advice and help.

I got the gym upkeep budget fixed now. Turns out I was paying too much attention something else and kept hitting the submit button instead of update.

Now here is the something else I kept staring at:

https://imgur.com/bI7fUou

Would have posted a screenshot here but this forums seems to refuse most of the image extensions.

Question is:

Why does my gym newsfeed have messages/news, which have not been made by me? Are these some leftover data from game database or something? Some of the earliest messages are even older than my gym and my account in general such as (quick copy paste):

02 Apr 20 - Training session

02 Apr 20 - Conditioning Coaches now available!!

02 Apr 20 -

01 Apr 20 - Sparring partners

01 Apr 20 - TBA

01 Apr 20 - Prosper Training Now Open

01 Apr 20 - Chill out train win

01 Apr 20 - Chill out train win

30 Mar 20 - Grand opening!

29 Mar 20 - Sitsongrit camp has two fighters among top ten BW in the world.

29 Mar 20 - NO INVITATIONS

29 Mar 20 - Private Gym - Not Accepting Newbies

23 Mar 20 - Gym Fee
Hey everybody. Thanks for joining our new gym.

For our first week of business, gym fees will be $500/week. On April 01, 2020, we're going to raise our price to $1,000/week as our permanent operating price.

Train hard

-------------------------

That same picture of my gym also has the following:

Fighters per coach : no coaches

While my gym management page has this:

Number of coaches: 9

Just few things I noticed while tweaking my gym.

Regards,

PDE-King

I don't see any of those things from the screenshot on your gyms public page. Might be some cache glitch, either on your end or the server end. Those usually clear up after a page refresh.

Forum name is your user name (login name). Manager name is just a manager name. You can change both for a fee (as you've already done with your manager name).

It's dumb, and actually super dumb to show the login name to everyone, but that's how it is.

I really recommend starting again with your fighters. They will be worse at something crucial than all opponents they face!

As for ground physicals - speed is for taking people down, balance is for maintaining top position, flexibility is for subs and sub defence. Strength is obv handy as well.

How do you have 5 million dollars in your account already! Impressive.

Thanks you but not really. Since I decided to play this game, I also decided to support it and found the best way to do that to be this https://www.mmatycoon.com/vipexchange.php I took a little time to look at the list and searched for something well over average rate of $333,333 per month. I found two deals worth over $400,000 and took those. One of the deals was well over 400,000. Not that I even know if 5 mill is a lot here or not and top of that I'll just end up wasting some of it since I have absolutely no clue about anything related to this game yet.

That is weird! Did you purchase your gym from the companies for sale page?

There’s a link on the gym manager page that’s called Edit previous news. You can delete posts there.

It really is weird and I can not figure it out since I did not buy it and instead of that started a fresh new company: 01 Apr, 2020 Wednesday - Started a new Premium Gym - Icon Sport Laboratories

I suppose I'll just clean those post manually after a day or two..

Thanks you but not really. Since I decided to play this game, I also decided to support it and found the best way to do that to be this https://www.mmatycoon.com/vipexchange.php I took a little time to look at the list and searched for something well over average rate of $333,333 per month. I found two deals worth over $400,000 and took those. One of the deals was well over 400,000. Not that I even know if 5 mill is a lot here or not and top of that I'll just end up wasting some of it since I have absolutely no clue about anything related to this game yet.

Well done. I’m sure people are glad to have some VIP bought for them. 5 million will keep you going for sure! You could open an org with that kind of money (don’t, not yet, read more first!)

Ask away with any questions, people are glad to help out a new player.

• Upvote 1

Regarding the coaches in your gym you need to prioritise them 1-9 if you have 9 coaches, your most skilled well paid coaches should be set higher, and the lowest paid ones lower.

Also do you know about the skills you're coaches need to teach certain techniques?

For example, for ground techniques. Submissions, grappling defence, escapes and transitions. You need your coach to be skilled in wrestling and bjj, to maximise your fighters skills.

If you were to choose for example just bjj for an elite coach he will still teach your fighters to a pretty high standard, but to get them to become elite you should really have the coach being multi skilled, obviously this costs more money to hire a double elite coach...

me too. No one has ever explained to me what the coaching priority means

It is just the display order of coaches. I find it a pretty convenient tool cause for example i have set the tripple elites to be shown first, then striking double elites, then grappling double elites and CT trainers last. Not a big deal but saves some time when setting training.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1