BetMMA.tips

• 2 weeks later...

BetMMA.tips - very good website. I especially like the How to be a Handicapper page. I just wish you made one for premier league football or cricket or something I knew more about!

To clarify about units - you say 11 is absolutely certain, 5 is massive for most people, and you can place as little as 0.1 units. Does that means it's not a confidence-to-units proportional relationship but some sort of exponential curve type relationship? ie not like the one on the left but the one on the right?

http://i61.tinypic.com/m0z5y.jpg

How many units would express 60% confidence, or 70%?

It's not as scientific as that, it's just a rough guide.

Some people will bet value (i.e. bet things they think probably won't happen but the odds are wrong), whereas others (like myself), will only handicap stuff they're pretty certain will come off, hence me having a really high ROI compared to a lot of people. But yeah, you find your own way of doing things - just don't put 11 units for everything and hope for the best cos that means you're not doing it properly :)

Mike. I think a lot of people don't bet WOC cause they don't understand and lets be honest, MMA isn't what it use to be. Who really knows who is going to win or lose anymore unless their name is Ronda Rousey lol. It's a coin flip. :)

I'm sure that's right to an extent but we've had events where well over a thousand take part in the past, so there are more people willing to take part than do for a lot of events.

MBennet, there's a guide to handicapping here; http://www.betmma.tips/mma_handicapper_intro.php

I'm sure that's right to an extent but we've had events where well over a thousand take part in the past, so there are more people willing to take part than do for a lot of events.

MBennet, there's a guide to handicapping here; http://www.betmma.tips/mma_handicapper_intro.php

Most peoples interest in it has evaporated, when it first came out people done it for fun to see how their picks came in then it became more and more serious and that is when my interest in it diminished. I'd much rather throw a few quid at bets on Bet365 and just watch the fights. The average for the past few months is 500 picks, and it appears to be dropping.

It hasn't got anything to do with you taking time away from working on the game that has stopped me doing it. I just lost interest in it and it doesn't affect how i play this game in any way, shape or form; so i just don't do it. I think a lot of people might fall into the same category as myself in the fact we have no interest in fight pick ems. We play this game because we enjoy the game, hell some people don't even watch MMA and enjoy the game.

For people who that applies to, I'd ask them to take part just to help me out. The better the predictions, the better the WOC does and the more publicity Bet MMA / MMA Tycoon will get from it, so ultimately it helps us all out when more people take part.

I've also just added an article to Bloody Elbow (adapted from something I'd already written on bet mma), if people can like it / comment on it that would be great :)

Guide to betting on MMA

• Upvote 2

Why is BetMMA open til the time of the fight but WOC closed long before the fight?

You mean the unit handicapping being open till the time of the first fight?

The WOC can shut whenever we like, so I chose 7 hours before to give people enough time to see the results and make a bet. The handicapper stuff I want to allow people to make last minute picks or get their picks in if they've forgotten. It's a logging service for other handicappers as much as a tip selling site, so I don't wanna lock anyone out who makes late picks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone else find Poirier as a massive underdog against Duffy to be absolute insanity?

A massive underdog would be strange but he's fighting against an Irish fighter in Dublin, I don't think the UFC would have given Duffy a fight in Ireland where he was more likely to lose than win.