Where did all (active) managers go?

I'm sure most people would and hopefully we'll get there soon :)

Guess we'll see.

Updates don't always make a game better I stopped playing runescape cause of all the updates I stopped playing this game when they updated the skill cap not everyone likes updates...just saying although I wish there was more ways to find out your hiddens lol

Also thanks Mike for responding so quickly this imcool dude is anything but I'm pretty sure he's the one who bought out all the supps recently too what a tool

Shows how much you know, fool. Keep your shitty opinions to yourself, if you haven't got a clue what you're talking about/the situation of the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Mike bro, I know that sometimes real life takes the most of us, but it is normal for people to get frustrated/worried and eventually leave, when that's what we are getting for the past 2 years at least:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Now I am sure that you can become a great politician :D

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Mike bro, I know that sometimes real life takes the most of us, but it is normal for people to get frustrated/worried and eventually leave, when that's what we are getting for the past 2 years at least:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Now I am sure that you can become a great politician :D

Have you never seen Grand Designs? :P

People are always over optimistic - that's why they do self builds in the first place :P

• Upvote 2

Seeing as imcool is the only voice in the thread, I'll say that I understand why people are pissed off at the lack of updates. I've moved house last October and I've been doing up the house pretty much single handedly since then, which obviously is taking a while.

He's right that I was doing up the bathroom last time I posted about it. That's done. We've converted a garage into a new kitchen since then and I'm in the middle of ripping out the old kitchen and utility room. Once it's all done, I'll be back doing updates. Also, my programmer went MIA for about 9 months. He's back now, hopefully.

I'm here every day maintaining the site and answering mails etc.

At the end of the day, I would feel the same as imcool about things if it was the other way around but we moved to get my little boy into a good school (the one at our old house was terrible), and to do that we had to move into a shit hole house. I had to do it up, I'm doing it up. I'm nearly done. Once I'm done, I'll be back. I know that has / will continue to piss people off but my little guy's more important to me than anything else, so that's just how it has to be.

How dare you experience real life instead of dedicating all of your existence to a game.

Sarcasm aside real life should always be your priority over the game and if it's unacceptable to the player base they will find something else to do with their time. Such is the nature of these things. It's a testament to what you've created thus far that it's being discussed instead of altogether ignored.

• Upvote 2

We've spoken about this via PMs in the past, and I'm sure you understand I come off more offensive than it's intended, but the general frustration is there. If there was no such thing as paid VIP here, no one would have a right to say anything to you. But people do pay money to play, and have certain expectations.

You wouldn't pay monthly fees for Netflix if they told you they're too busy w/ their personal life to upload any new content right?

This is the most reasonable thing I've read in response to Mike on this thread. There is every reason to be frustrated with a lack of content but at the end of the day your two choices are to accept what he is able to give us or move on. Hopefully he is able to sort out the things that he is working on and give some love to the game (or find someone to work on it in his absence) to keep the game alive.

This is the most reasonable thing I've read in response to Mike on this thread. There is every reason to be frustrated with a lack of content but at the end of the day your two choices are to accept what he is able to give us or move on. Hopefully he is able to sort out the things that he is working on and give some love to the game (or find someone to work on it in his absence) to keep the game alive.

Mike basically made a choice to put his personal life in front of this game(which I understand, and which all of us would do in his situation I'm sure). And that's fine. No one is forcing me(or anyone else) to play the game. If I was a veteran player w/ no ingame cash to change for VIP, would I pay money for it? No. But I have the luxury to play for free, so I play.

That said, giving false promises and timelines to the user base is also wrong. I would appreciate more a statement of "I'm busy with my family, I don't know when I'll be able to update/fix anything, if you want to keep playing, do; if you want to stop, I understand."

• Upvote 2

Mike basically made a choice to put his personal life in front of this game(which I understand, and which all of us would do in his situation I'm sure). And that's fine. No one is forcing me(or anyone else) to play the game. If I was a veteran player w/ no ingame cash to change for VIP, would I pay money for it? No. But I have the luxury to play for free, so I play.

That said, giving false promises and timelines to the user base is also wrong. I would appreciate more a statement of "I'm busy with my family, I don't know when I'll be able to update/fix anything, if you want to keep playing, do; if you want to stop, I understand."

It's real easy to tell yourself that you should have the time to sit down and update the game in 6 months or 3 months but it's even easier to get swept up in life and realize 6 months later that you don't have the time then either. Unless he was making enough from this game to consider it a part time job I don't see how any adult could have enough free time to do any meaningful code work on here and still have free time to spend with family. I have time to do extensive event previews because my life is shitty but even I don't always have the time.

• Upvote 1

It's real easy to tell yourself that you should have the time to sit down and update the game in 6 months or 3 months but it's even easier to get swept up in life and realize 6 months later that you don't have the time then either. Unless he was making enough from this game to consider it a part time job I don't see how any adult could have enough free time to do any meaningful code work on here and still have free time to spend with family. I have time to do extensive event previews because my life is shitty but even I don't always have the time.

Now I could be wrong, and don't quote me on this, but if I remember correctly, Mike mentioned somewhere that he's making about 30k a year from this game? One would think that that income warrants investing a few hours a week into the community.

• Downvote 1

Stil fairly active. I'm not going anywheres regardless.

That was a sick fight last night. Going into the fight I kept looking at your profile , we were both on green for a few days there just running sliders and looking at stats over and over.

Too bad it wasn`t 5 rounds. Steve was just getting warmed up :P I think we got FOTN , it was a very good fight.

• Upvote 1

It depends. There is still a working game and nobody is being forced to pay... They only pay if they feel like there's enough value for them to do so. Some people are gunna leave cos of a lack of updates and I have to live with that.

And Netflix are constantly putting their prices up to cover new content. The price here is still the same as it was 10 years ago for that reason. In real terms, I'm reducing the price by ~3% every year.

Mike buy my VIP offers and I will kick Imcool`s arse from here until you are done fixing your house on a monthly basis.

oa1pH54.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Now I could be wrong, and don't quote me on this, but if I remember correctly, Mike mentioned somewhere that he's making about 30k a year from this game? One would think that that income warrants investing a few hours a week into the community.

The most it's ever made (profit) was about £33k, but that was a long time ago and probably the year when we released additional fighter slots. I honestly have no idea what it makes now but it's low teens, I'd guess.

• Upvote 3

The most it's ever made (profit) was about £33k, but that was a long time ago and probably the year when we released additional fighter slots. I honestly have no idea what it makes now but it's low teens, I'd guess.

I'll take your word for it, as I can't honestly remember where I got this information from. But even 1k/month deserves a bit of attention(again, IMO).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

What brings you guys to this game....for the first time...The second time. Months...Years later? Is it because you LOVE MMA so much you want to do it? Is it because you LOVE to read the play by play of your fights? Maybe you LOVE the time it takes to train a fighter? Or maybe you LOVE just running a business...Now, what we love about the game is probably different for everyone. Some hate the time it takes to train, others love it. Some think the work it takes to run an org is daunting and others think of it like a real business. Some think that a clothing store is the best thing every and others think its boring as hell. However, I'm willing to wager a guess that we ALL come here because of the interaction with other people, from all around the world that share these same love and hates. This in its own is why I am here. VIP is just an added bonus to provide me with other things I enjoy. I hate how long it takes to train up, but I love seeing those skills pop. I hate reading about my fights, as I see my guys get destroyed, but I love to login in so I can click that button to watch the play by play of a fight, in hopes I win. I love running an org, even though it can be a pain in my ass.

Its true, not all updates are a good thing. Sometimes updates can ruin a game, why update/fix something if it really isn't that broken. Are there some things that could be tweaked, sure there is...is it such a big deal that it hinders the quality of the game or prevents the game from being able to progress..No, not really...New managers don't need updates, they haven't been around to experience anything yet, so the game to them is prefect, start changing it right when they start getting used to the way it is now, you risk losing them. What updates do veteran managers REALLY need to keep them here or to get them back to wanting to spend money for VIP?

I wouldn't say Mike has failed us with him saying there will be updates coming, I mean they can still come....Maybe he should take a small update that doesn't take tons of time and implement it just to show he does care about the state of the game. Maybe he should put his foot in his mouth when he starts talking about time frames revolving around anything, as anyone old enough to have dealt with anything related to a house or repairs knows, nothing ever goes as planned and always takes longer than intended.

Lets try to keep the positive things coming so that newer managers stick around longer and become more interactive and active.

Mike hurry up and get some updates; I'm waiting to be able to have 2 companies :) haha

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

What brings you guys to this game....for the first time...The second time. Months...Years later? Is it because you LOVE MMA so much you want to do it? Is it because you LOVE to read the play by play of your fights? Maybe you LOVE the time it takes to train a fighter? Or maybe you LOVE just running a business...Now, what we love about the game is probably different for everyone. Some hate the time it takes to train, others love it. Some think the work it takes to run an org is daunting and others think of it like a real business. Some think that a clothing store is the best thing every and others think its boring as hell. However, I'm willing to wager a guess that we ALL come here because of the interaction with other people, from all around the world that share these same love and hates. This in its own is why I am here. VIP is just an added bonus to provide me with other things I enjoy. I hate how long it takes to train up, but I love seeing those skills pop. I hate reading about my fights, as I see my guys get destroyed, but I love to login in so I can click that button to watch the play by play of a fight, in hopes I win. I love running an org, even though it can be a pain in my ass.

Its true, not all updates are a good thing. Sometimes updates can ruin a game, why update/fix something if it really isn't that broken. Are there some things that could be tweaked, sure there is...is it such a big deal that it hinders the quality of the game or prevents the game from being able to progress..No, not really...New managers don't need updates, they haven't been around to experience anything yet, so the game to them is prefect, start changing it right when they start getting used to the way it is now, you risk losing them. What updates do veteran managers REALLY need to keep them here or to get them back to wanting to spend money for VIP?

I wouldn't say Mike has failed us with him saying there will be updates coming, I mean they can still come....Maybe he should take a small update that doesn't take tons of time and implement it just to show he does care about the state of the game. Maybe he should put his foot in his mouth when he starts talking about time frames revolving around anything, as anyone old enough to have dealt with anything related to a house or repairs knows, nothing ever goes as planned and always takes longer than intended.

Lets try to keep the positive things coming so that newer managers stick around longer and become more interactive and active.

Mike hurry up and get some updates; I'm waiting to be able to have 2 companies :) haha

Couldn't agree more +1

• Upvote 3

I needed to read that xxxtreme thanks m8 oh and btw good win against manuel noir in Jag I couldn't beat that guy and he was on a tear but you should face my boy Dalton next we happens to bes in the same division

Thanks man...Yeah when I got that offer, I was like oh shit, gonna get whooped on...I even asked if he was sure about that fight offer, just based on the fact of where that fighter was with his hype and ranking vs mine. I said screw it, I'm gonna go get a win somehow, so I changed up some training plans leading up to the fight and took my shot.. it was a boring decision win, but it was a win!

• Upvote 2

I lost motivation to keep playing the game whenever a lot of the other well known active managers started to become less active and there was less and less good write ups for events and great tournaments like ITFL. I also got tired of no serious improvements to the game.

I wouldn't pay more of my own money into the game and didn't want to use in game money to buy more VIP as my interest had waned, felt the VIP purchase would be a waste and would rather keep the funds in case I fancied coming back if there was a lot of new improvements to the game.

A lack of updates / improvements to the game is what has lead to a lot of managers leaving the game. I don't know what has happened with Mike and his developer but it's not my problem, I've been hearing about these problems for years and it seems like it is still on going. Mike always seems to have renovations going on as well and whilst it's nothing to do with me or anyone else what he does in his personal life, I do feel that prioritising them over working on the game has hindered the game.

Who knows, perhaps some serious improvements to the game a couple of years ago would have easily paid for the renovations so he wouldn't have to worry about it himself, although I must say Mike you've done a great job with the renovations!

Perhaps the best thing which could happen to MMA Tycoon would be for a new owner to take over the game and pump serious money into it and give it a modern look. I used to always dream of MMA Tycoon investing into a 3D game engine back when I first joined.

Pretty much all of my alliance has left as well so that's another big reason why I have no interest to play again. I'm grateful to have a couple of them on Facebook and we still message every now and then to see what everyone is up to.

• Upvote 7

I lost motivation to keep playing the game whenever a lot of the other well known active managers started to become less active and there was less and less good write ups for events and great tournaments like ITFL. I also got tired of no serious improvements to the game.

I wouldn't pay more of my own money into the game and didn't want to use in game money to buy more VIP as my interest had waned, felt the VIP purchase would be a waste and would rather keep the funds in case I fancied coming back if there was a lot of new improvements to the game.

A lack of updates / improvements to the game is what has lead to a lot of managers leaving the game. I don't know what has happened with Mike and his developer but it's not my problem, I've been hearing about these problems for years and it seems like it is still on going. Mike always seems to have renovations going on as well and whilst it's nothing to do with me or anyone else what he does in his personal life, I do feel that prioritising them over working on the game has hindered the game.

Who knows, perhaps some serious improvements to the game a couple of years ago would have easily paid for the renovations so he wouldn't have to worry about it himself, although I must say Mike you've done a great job with the renovations!

Perhaps the best thing which could happen to MMA Tycoon would be for a new owner to take over the game and pump serious money into it and give it a modern look. I used to always dream of MMA Tycoon investing into a 3D game engine back when I first joined.

Pretty much all of my alliance has left as well so that's another big reason why I have no interest to play again. I'm grateful to have a couple of them on Facebook and we still message every now and then to see what everyone is up to.

I think at this point, Mike is basically saying if we don't like it, we can stop playing, or wait however long it takes for him to finish the renovations. I guess it is what it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1