Rapid Fighting Championship 340K+

Just saw these, incredible work dude!

Thanks JK. Willing to do more going forward, but I'd prefer it to be in conjunction with a dedicated person doing write-ups. More than willing to do them if they'd be put to use along with some of those rather than just on the event poster. :) Anybody reading through this forum have that writing itch and feel like having some fun with that, that'd be cool!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks, I did up this poster for one of this weekend's coming events...in the off chance that perhaps we can entice somebody to do write-ups for the events to use it with? If somebody will do them, I'll do a poster for the Tokyo event as well. Any takers that feel halfway creative or interesting???

8n71kJC.png

• Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...

Rapid Fighting Championship 340K is looking for an event writer !

https://www.mmatycoo...ic.php?oid=5564

We are a well established 340K org ,based in Sydney and ran by mentally mature and friendly staff.

Contact me if interested ! https://www.mmatycoo...hp?MgrID=126717

Thanks in advance !

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Rapid Fighting Championship 340K is looking for an event writer !

https://www.mmatycoo...ic.php?oid=5564

We are a well established 340K org ,based in Sydney and ran by mentally mature and friendly staff.

Contact me if interested ! https://www.mmatycoo...hp?MgrID=126717

Thanks in advance !

I'm hearing a rumor there is some cool shit coming... *gettin' excited!*

RAPID FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP SHOWDOWN IN TOKYO 21 PREVIEW – AUGUST 24, 2019

Xavier: Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to another edition of the Rapid Fighting Championship Preview! I’m your host, Esiah Xavier, and as always, my fellow commentator and partner in crime, Furious Styles, is here as well!

Styles: That’s right, Styles is in the house and I’m ready for tonight’s fights! We’re out here at Hard Knocks Arena in Tokyo where 3,000 MMA crazies are fired up for tonight’s battles!

Xavier: Yes, the Tokyo Takeover, as I like to call it, is in full swing so let’s take a look at what to expect tonight! We have one Featherweight fight, one Lightweight fight, five Middleweight, one Heavyweight, and two Super Heavyweight fights to behold!

Styles: Since half of the card is in the middleweight class, a lot of rank positioning is on the line tonight, with the ultimate goal, of course, to better their opportunity at a title shot!

Xavier: Absolutely! I expect the featherweight battle to be lighting quick, just as I expect the lightweight fight to be based more on speed than power! Once we get to the heavyweight and super heavyweight fights, I don’t expect the same speed, but lord knows I expect some very heavy thuds to echo throughout the arena!

Styles: No doubt about it! There’s going to be a lot of beef in that cage at the end of the night, and I hope the fence is able to hold up if they press up against it, because if it can’t, we’ll definitely have some issues with people in close proximity to the cage! Hey X, I wonder how much sushi those super heavyweights can eat!

Xavier: I bet they could give some of the sumo’s in training a run for their money! Let me tell you, Styles, that one of the best parts about being in Tokyo is the sushi! Oh man, the blue fin, king salmon, unagi, and hamachi are so damned good!

Styles: What are you, a sushi chef!? I just stick to spicy tuna rolls and California rolls. Some of that sushi trips me out, especially the live shrimp heads! People actually eat that!?

Xavier: I have no doubt there are some foods we eat in the States that make Tokyo citizens cringe! Experiment and you never know what you might like, Styles!

Styles: I’ll leave that up to you man! I like my food cooked and without eyes!

Xavier: To each their own. Moving on to the card, the first battle of the night will be a lightweight showdown between Martin Eugen and Thing Thing!

Styles: Thing Thing!? That’s dude’s name!?

Xavier: Yes. His name is Thing “Thing” Thing.

Styles: I’d expect that on a Family Guy episode where Quagmire is dressed up as a thing, but to actually have that name is, well…unique!

Xavier: Indeed it is. Nonetheless, Eugen steps into this fight with an overall record of 17-4, which is very good, and he’s representing The Stepdads. He’s had some very impressive wins and has held gold before, so that championship experience, as I always speak on, will definitely work to his advantage in this fight! At one point in time, he won eight fights in a row, so he’s proven that his fists and aggression are definitely dangerous! He also has quite a height advantage in this fight and weighs a bit more, so if he can keep this fight standing, then Thing tripled will be in trouble!

Styles: Eugen is seven years older and I personally think that’s going to work against him! Also, add in the fact that the green-bearded crazy man is shorter and faster, so Thing to the third power will be able to more easily drag Eugen to the mat and go to work with his BJJ and wrestling skills! Eugen has shown solid skills on the mat, but I don’t think he has the defense or speed to prevent Thing from positioning himself to control the action on the ground then steadily work to latch on any number of submissions that he knows!

Xavier: To Thing’s credit, he hasn’t been knocked out so far in his career, so his camp has done an excellent job with keeping his defense sharp! He’s had a four-fight win steak previously so he knows how to carry momentum into fights, and his last fight ended with a victory over Chief Navajo in the first round, so he’s definitely looking to use that win to propel himself to victory over Eugen!

Styles: Plus, let’s be honest, X! Thing’s crazy Incredible Hulk-colored beard throws his opponent’s off a bit, and he’s with the Underground Fights Enterprise, and it’s no secret that each fighter in that alliance is aggressive and a bit off. Then again, anyone who willingly steps into a cage to fight against someone trying to cause them bodily harm is a bit off mentally, so hey, it’s all good! Speaking of all good, my pick for tonight is Thing! I’ve got to roll with a dude that sports a green beard! That’s just a special dude right there!

Xavier: I have to pick Eugen because I think his sharp boxing ability, coupled with his experience advantage, is going to be very beneficial for him in this fight. He’s not known for throwing kicks, but his height advantage is too pronounced for him to not do so, and he can fire off jabs and crosses at a safe distance and keep Thing at bay!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Eugen by KO; Styles – Thing by Submission

Xavier: The first of our five light heavyweight fights features Alzona Appalusu vs. Sam Samuelson!

Styles: Alzona Appalusu!? That’s quite a name! His last name almost sounds like apple sauce to me!

Xavier: Styles, we’re very fortunate to be exposed to numerous cultures in this industry, and a part of that is hearing and reading names that are very unique to our culture. Knowledge never hurts.

Styles: I hear you, X, I really do, but some of these names are just difficult to keep up with, man! I’m always impressed by people who can spell their own complicated names, because I have a hard time spelling some words in my own language!

Xavier: Be that as it may, Alzonz has proven himself to be a formidable opponent! Nicknamed “Boa”, he has proven himself as a strong student of the ground game, and his 7-3 record is a testament to that!

Styles: His record is impressive, but I have some insight for you, X! Word from his camp is that this dude has shown disinterest in fighting! Apparently he’s been moping around the gym when he’s supposed to be in there busting his butt and getting ready to fight Samuelson! Maybe the weight advantage he has is weighing on him negatively because he feels that he’s too fat!? I don’t know man, I just can’t figure it out! Maybe he was binge watching The Game of Thrones and is upset that it’s over now!?

Xavier: People tend to forget that fighters have feelings, too, Styles! Maybe he had a bad fight with his significant other or something like that! All I know is if he doesn’t get his act together, this is going to be a brutal night for him because Samuelson will surely be locked in and ready to fight! Stepping into the cage with an 11-7 record, like “Boa”, Samuelson is far more comfortable on the mat, but he may opt to try to win some points using his boxing skills! Maybe he’ll see if he can clinch the heavier man and use his wrestling skills to position himself to land some punches to soften Appalusu up before he tries the takedown to control the action on the ground then lock in a submission!

Styles: I give Samuelson credit because he once had a 7-fight win streak, and that’s definitely no small achievement! Unfortunately for him, he’s struggled quite a bit his last 4 fights, only winning one of them, and one of them cost him a chance to wear gold around his waist. I have no doubt that’ll haunt him but he can use that as motivation against “Boa”!

Xavier: An excellent point, Styles! Samuelson submitted Abraham Alcantar at RFC 39, which earned him an “Of The Night” award! Since he finally broke that losing streak, I have no doubt he’ll be extra hungry to earn another win to keep things going in the right direction! Since you say his own camp trainers told you that he’s been moping around the gym, X, I’m going to have to pick Samuelson to win this fight!

Styles: Undoubtedly! You can’t step into the cage with anything else on your mind except winning, and if “Boa” is butt hurt over a woman, or whatever his issue is, then he’s definitely behind the 8-ball before the bell even rings! Like you, I’m rolling with Samuelson tonight!

Xavier: Wow, that’s a rare occurrence! We actually agree on the same fighter winning? Something is amiss!

Styles: Yeah, maybe it’s that sushi you had coming back to haunt you!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Samuelson by KO; Styles – Samuelson by KO

Styles: Continuing the light heavyweight battles will be Michelangelo Di Lodovico vs. Edison Atunes! Michelangelo, obviously named after the sculptor, painter, architect and poet, is looking to paint a painful picture on Edison Atunes! Stepping into the cage with a 10-2 record and representing the UnderGround Fights Enterprise, I have no doubt this 21-year-old Italian will be very aggressive in his desire to twist Atunes into a pretzel, or better yet, into a cannoli!

Xavier: Very clever, Styles, I have to give you that!

Styles: Thank you! I thought that was quite clever, myself!

Xavier: Entering the cage with an 8-fight win streak, “il Divino” is feeling very good about himself and his mat skills! He’s currently wearing gold around his waist, and he’s made some excellent combatants tap out to his arsenal of submissions!

Styles: That he has! However, I don’t think he’s ready for the sheer brutal punching power that Atunes brings into that cage! This man’s hands are weapons, and add to that his punishing kicks, and you have one hell of a standup fighter that makes Convicted Inc. very proud!

Xavier: Hey, Styles, you ran with Convicted Inc. back in the day, right?

Styles: I sure the hell did! Great group of guys who know how to handle business! I left because I had to take care of various points of business, but they’ve always been very cool with me, and I always wish them the best of luck!

Xavier: That’s very gentlemanly of you, and professional!

Styles: I have my moments, X! I’m not always some bloodthirsty fool who yells and screams al the time, just most of the time!

Xavier: Right. These two warriors present us with the classic standup vs. ground fight! Atunes hasn’t tasted defeat yet and his fights have never gone past the first round so far, so you know what that means!

Styles: Oh yeah, I know! Aggression, blood, and pain! Lodovico is going to have to figure out a way to stay away from those fists or this fight isn’t going to last long at all!

Xavier: That’s absolutely correct! However, if “il Divino” is able to perhaps counter-attack Atunes and take this fight to the ground, I don’t know if Atunes has the defensive ability to keep Lodovico’s submissions at bay! The confidence that Atunes has is very high, and rightfully so!

Styles: You’re damn right his confidence is high! Five fights, five knockouts! Jesse Kotkaniemi was the last person to have a taste of the Atunes knuckle sandwich, and it was delivered using a Superman Punch! Who knocks someone out with a Superman Punch, besides Roman Reigns!? Atunes does!

Xavier: Lodovico will have extra motivation here tonight because, as I understand it, this is his first fight in Rapid Fire Championship. He knows full well that many eyes will be on him tonight, and he’ll definitely want to put on a show to send a message that he’s someone to be taken very seriously as a threat to tap out any opponent!

Styles: Of course he wants to send that message, but Atunes wants to send a very loud, thumping message himself, and that message is his hands of stone will turn out anyone’s lights quick, fast, and in a hurry! I’m rollin’ with Atunes tonight because I like his style, his aggression, his power, plus he’s Convicted Inc., and those are my boys!

Xavier: Well, I’m on the other side of the cage with my pick tonight because I think Lodovico has learned how to better defend against excellent punching, plus he may choose to try to weather the storm, or see if he can counter-attack the aggressiveness of Atunes and take him down to the mat with quickness and balance! Lodovico will be able to control the fight on the ground and wear down Atunes.

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Lodovico by Submission; Styles – Atunes by KO

Xavier: Our next bought features two up-and-coming featherweights, one of which is obviously a massive Star Wars fan!

Styles: I dig Star Wars and Star Trek, no question, but to name yourself after a Star Wars character is…different! Why name yourself Obi Wan Kenobi, when you know full well he gets dropped by Vader’s lightsaber?

Xavier: Maybe he’s the Obi Wan who is the voice of intellect and reason.

Styles: Sure, he’s the voice of reason, but he’s also a ghost at that point!

Xavier: I can’t argue that! “The Master Jedi” is 5-1-2 as he steps into the cage against Robert Grandis!

Styles: 5-1-2? He has two fights that were draws!? Hmm, maybe he should have used a Jedi mind trick on those judges to influence the scoring his way!?

Xavier: I don’t think that’s likely, Styles!

Styles: Hey, X, ya’ never know!

Xavier: Either way, Kenobi has a three fight win streak, though his last fight was a draw against Killer Kidd! He’ll be looking to get back in the win column and he’ll rely on his educated fists and feet to help him get that job done!

Styles: Standing across from him from Whambam! is Robert Grandis, who sports a very respectable 6-1 record! In his seven fights, he’s demonstrated some solid punching power which brought an end to five of his fights in the first round! His only loss, a split decision to Martin Eugen, is one of two fights that went to the third round. He obviously likes to get in, take care of business, and get out. Sounds like one of my dates in Las Vegas!

Xavier: Did you really just say that on live TV!?

Styles: I sure as hell did! Hey, man, ain’t no shame in my game!

Xavier: Apparently not! Grandis is very slightly shorter and heavier, but that may prove to be just enough in his favor if he can get this fight to the ground. From what we’ve seen, his boxing skills are definitely solid and he’s able to rely on them to punish opponents, but against Kenobi, he may opt to try and slow the pace and control the fight to frustrate Kenobi and cause him to potentially make a mistake that costs him the fight!

Styles: I think this battle will actually be one of pure aggression! Kenobi realizes that the faster he finishes this fight, the better off he’ll be, because Grandis might look to just lock him up into clinches and take him to the mat and try to control the action there! It’s too bad that Kenobi can’t use telekinesis to toss a chair or a lightsaber at Grandis to distract him so he can land a vicious uppercut or head kick to knock him out quick!

Xavier: Sometimes, Styles, I really don’t know what to say about you! Kenobi may very well look to lock Grandis into a clinch and use his muay thai ability to score points and soften Grandis up for his obvious power! I also think that Kenobi’s trainers have focused on improving his grappling defense so if the fight goes to the mat, he’ll be far more comfortable defending against submission attempts if any are made by Grandis!

Styles: Submission attempts!? There’s no time for that! Grandis has heavy hands and he’ll look to ground and pound Kenobi into submission, or into that ghost realm where he walks around and only Luke and Leia can see him!

Xavier: Enough, Styles! I predict that “The Master Jedi” will keep this fight on its feet where he’ll be able to take advantage of the abilities that he’s shown since he first fought in the Quick Fight Championship!

Styles: What!? I’m going with Grandis because I think he’ll toss Kenobi around a bit then take him to the ground, work his way into the mount, then rain down fist after fist as he bludgeons him with ground and pound!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Kenobi by Knockout; Styles – Grandis by Knockout

Styles: We move back to the light heavyweight division as James Jones and Tyrone Waters step into the cage of judgment! Tyrone, huh? I wonder if he’s ever heard that song by Erykah Badu called, “Tyrone”?

Xavier: Somehow I don’t think he has, though that is a rather amusing song. Well, amusing for everyone except Tyrone, and basically any man for that matter.

Styles: I do like her voice and style of singing, but I definitely wouldn’t want to be named Tyrone after hearing that song! Anyway, James Jones has fought his way to a 5-2 record, which is solid, but apparently, he’s in his feelings about his last loss to Don Pelayo, and as a result, his camp is worried that he may not be focused against Waters!

Xavier: Where do you get this information? I swear, Styles, you’re like the Dr. Phil of MMA!

Styles: Hey, I have my sources and they’re quite reliable!

Xavier: What sources, Twitter and Instagram?

Styles: Don’t knock social media, X! There’s a lot to be learned about a person from what they post, how often they post, and so on!

Xavier: Is that right?

Styles: That’s right!

Xavier: All right, I’ll leave the emotional analyses to you then, Dr. Styles!

Styles: Dr. Styles…I like that! Maybe Jones is upset about the Celtics losing Horford and Irving! Maybe he’s upset about the Red Sox! Maybe he’s upset about Chung from the Patriots! Maybe he’s upset about the sharks in Cape Cod!

Xavier: Give it a rest! Jones had a three-fight win streak at one point in time, so he’s proven that he’s capable! However, if he is emotionally damaged after losing to Pelayo then this is his opportunity to lift his spirits!

Styles: I’m very surprised that he’s having emotional issues because he’s 28 years old. I figure by that point in time, a man should know how to deal with loss!

Xavier: Everyone hurts, no matter their age! Speaking of hurts, “T-Money” lost to Edison Atunes by knockout, but there’s no shame in that because Atunes has proven to be a knockout artist! Still, his performance at RFC Showdown in Tokyo 15 may be in the back of his mind!

Styles: Are you kidding me!? Look at Waters! That dude lives in the gym! He’s a frickin’ sculpture with a pulse! Plus, don’t forget, he’s from Oaktown, or Oakland, for those of you who aren’t cool enough to know what Oaktown means, plus he’s with The Stepdads, and we all know that stepdad’s are able to get over emotional crap quickly because they have to deal with stepchildren all the time!

Xavier: That’s your reasoning!? What if the stepchildren and the stepdad get along very well?

Styles: That’s rare, in my opinion!

Xavier: Wow! Never mind. Waters has shown an ability to drop an opponent with his fists, and my understanding is that his trainers are very proud of the work he’s done to improve his kicking as well! That kicking could serve him very well since he’s a little shorter but heavier, plus he’s seven years younger, and that speed and youth could overwhelm Jones if he’s not careful!

Styles: Could overwhelm him!? No, he will overwhelm him! Waters is going to launch at Jones like a heat-seeking missile and will be all over him, looking for the quick KO so he can go back to the gym and get ready to compete in the next bodybuilding competition he has!

Xavier: Well, I don’t know if he’ll be competing in any bodybuilding competitions, but he will be my pick for this fight! Again, if a fighter isn’t fully mentally and physically committed to a fight, that never ends up well, and Waters has enough ability and skill to take full advantage of any lack of focus from Jones!

Styles: Wow, what’s going on!? We’re agreeing again!? Is there a full moon tonight!? I absolutely concur that “T-Money” is going to wrap up this fight with the quickness! He has other business to tend to and doesn’t want to waste any time or energy on Jones!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Waters by KO; Styles – Waters by KO

Styles: The next light heavyweight quarrel brings Athos Knox and Jake Bird into the cage to battle! Bird? You don’t think he’s related to Larry Bird, do you?

Xavier: Not everyone with a same last name is related! Come on, Styles, we’ve spoken about that already!

Styles: I’m a journalist and it’s my responsibility to ask the questions that the people want to know!

Xavier: People want to know if he’s related to Larry Bird?

Styles: Yes!

Xavier: How do you know that!?

Styles: I have my sources, like I said!

Xavier: Oh, brother!

Styles: Don’t hate, just appreciate! Now, Knox has had a rough start to his young MMA career, entering tonight’s fray with a 1-2 record. There have been plenty of successful fighters who’ve struggled early in their careers but figured out whatever it was that was causing them to struggle, worked to overcome it, then became very skilled and accomplished fighters!

Xavier: Indeed that has happened! Knox has shown that his fights are aggressive because they’ve all ended in the first round! Unfortunately for him, he’s lost two in a row and, of course, Bird is looking to extend that losing streak!

Styles: That’s right, X! Either this dude knocks someone out, or he gets knocked out! The last two fights, he should have had Chris Tucker run into the ring and yell right to his face, “You got knocked the eff out!”

Xavier: Yes, the last two fights have been painful losses, but this 20-year-old warrior has a lot of heart and courage, and that’s all one needs to overcome the odds! “The Tacoma Ax-Killer” is a perfect 2-0 stepping into this fight, and he’s just as aggressive as Knox as both of his fights have ended in the first round via submission! The FinnFighters have collectively said they’re quite proud of this 19-year-old and his ground game, especially his knowledge and ability with various submission holds!

Styles: Yes, it is damn impressive for being that young that he’s that skilled in BJJ! We’ve got the good old-fashioned standup vs. ground fighter battle here, and though Bird is much shorter, I think that works in his favor because he’ll be able to latch onto one of Knox’s long limbs and manipulate it in ways that makes Knox yell in pain and tap out!

Xavier: That’s definitely a distinct possibility, but I think the heart and determination that Knox has, plus the height and reach advantage, will serve him very well against Bird! Knox may look to lock Bird in the clinch cage, so to speak, and keep him pressed up against the cage where he can land punches, elbows and knees! If he can’t clinch Bird, then he can tee off from a distance, especially with his long legs, and keep Bird at bay to prevent him from dragging Knox to the mat!

Styles: Did you really just say lock Bird in the clinch cage!?

Xavier: Yeah! So!?

Styles: Leave the clever comments to me, X! You’re just going to hurt yourself!

Xavier: I can be clever too!

Styles: Naw, man, just leave it alone!

Xavier: Whatever! I’m picking Knox to win this fight because he vehemently wants to break his losing streak, and having this height and standup fighting ability fits that formula very well!

Styles: Vehemently? Someboyd’s been looking at the Word of the Day app! “The Tacoma Ax-Killer” is going to drag Knox to the mat and twist him up like a horror movie scene! This fight is going to be aggressive, brutal and over before the butter on the popcorn settles!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Knox by KO; Styles – Bird by Submission

Styles: Our last light heavyweight fit pits Jesse Kotkaniemi vs. Gaga Gogo! Gaga Gogo!? That sounds like an animation character on one of those weird Adult Swim cartoon that come on after midnight on Friday or Saturday night!

Xavier: Adult Swim? You mean to tell me, you watch some of the more unique anime cartoons on the weekends!?

Styles: You better believe it! Sometimes I’m up late on the weekends and I’m doing research about upcoming fights, or recovering from a night of fun! I turn the TV on and sometimes I’ll just eat a snack while I watch those cartoons, or I’ll start writing articles or whatever!

Xavier: I’m surprised by that because I thought you’d be too busy partying it with whoever you party with!

Styles: I get my party on, believe that! Sometimes I like to chill or, depending on how things went earlier in the night, I need to relax and recover! You know what I’m sayin’?

Xavier: I’m sure I do. Changing topic, Kotkaniemi is currently 4-3 and he recently had a three-fight win streak snapped by Edison Atunes at RFC 39!

Styles: More like Superman Punched! Atunes rocked Kotkaniemi’s world just a couple of weeks ago, so we’ll see if Kotkaniemi is able to shake off that loss and get back into the win column against Gogo! One thing I like about Kotkaniemi is he’s aggressive and looks to end fights early! All but two of his fights have ended in the first round, but unfortunately for him, he’s been tapped out and flattened out!

Xavier: Yes, Kotkaniemi has definitely been through the gamut in his fights, but he has that warrior spirit and keeps on fighting, so I give him a world of credit for that! “Grinder” has a decisive age advantage, and that overall experience edge should serve him well. He’s 2-1 overall and has won two in a row, so he’s looking to try and carry some of that momentum over into this fight!

Styles: Just a moment, X! My sources tell me that we have yet another fighter who’s feeling a certain kind of way!

Xavier: Are you serious!? He won two fights in a row and he’s having emotional issues!?

Styles: Apparently so! One of his trainers told me that dude has been chillin’ on the couch, eating ice cream and binge watching Breaking Bad! Now, that’s a damn good show and I watched every episode myself, but not while shoveling ice cream into my mouth!

Xavier: If that’s what he’s been doing then that’s definitely a problem! I don’t understand why anyone would feel down about winning two fights in a row, but everyone has a different psyche, obviously. If that’s the case then that’s too bad, because this is not the time to be wrapped up in ice cream and Breaking Bad! That’s the type of thing you do after a fight, but not preparing for one!

Styles: Unless you plan to fight your scale or nutritionist, then I could see that being beneficial.

Xavier: Only you.

Styles: Bingo! All I know is Heritage better call their boy and get his head on straight, because he’s too old for that kind of crap, plus, come on, he’s from New York! New Yorker’s are known for not givin’ much of a damn about anything! Get it together, man!

Xavier: That’s true that New Yorker’s have a reputation for being hardened and direct! Still, Gogo may just be a different kind of fighter and needs unique motivation. Either way, since Styles and his sources have said Gogo isn’t mentally up to par for this fight, I have no choice but to go with Kotkaniemi by knockout!

Styles: Once again we’re on the same page! I know that’s freaky for a lot of people, myself included, but hey, every so often we’re on the same page, so just roll with it people!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Kotkaniemi by KO; Styles – Kotkaniemi by KO

Styles: Now, onto the big boys, the bulls, the heavy hitters, the heavyweights! I’ll be looking forward to this fight because there are going to be some destructive bombs dropped, and someone is going to get leveled! Brad Faraimo vs. Xavier Blackblood. What a cool last name, Blackblood! Maybe I should legally change my last name to that!

Xavier: Please don’t! Besides, you have a pretty unique last name as it is!

Styles: True talk! You’re right, I’ll leave it as it is!

Xavier: Brad “The Bohemoth” Faraimo is 2-1 and a member of The Stepdads! I wonder if any of the stepdads told Faraimo that he’s spelling bohemoth wrong?

Styles: Aw, who the hell cares!? Bohemoth, behemoth! Whatever! He’s a bad ass from Samoa who likes to drop bombs and go home! Two of his three fights have ended in the first round, and his two-fight win streak is due to his thunderous punches! That’s definitely one of the reasons I can’t wait for this fight because Faraimo is aggressive, powerful, and had an attitude to boot!

Xavier: Fairaimo made fairly short work of Mary Read at RFC Showdown in Tokyo 17 and he’ll obviously want to carry that win streak to three in a row against Blackblood! Blackblood is also 2-1 with a two fight win streak, so this will prove to be about bragging rights as well because he, too, is a member of The Stepdads!

Styles: Wow, two members of the same alliance fighting each other!? Is that healthy!?

Xavier: I don’t know, Dr. Phil! What’s your prognosis!?

Styles: Don’t get smart!

Xavier: Blackblood, like Faraimo, brings very strong hands and an attitude into the cage! In his last fight, he made pretty short work of Dimitri Emelianenko, and that momentum will go far in this fight! I don’t expect much of a technical battle if this fight goes to the ground! I expect this to be a straight ahead, head-to-head, who can take who’s punches better type of fight!

Styles: Absolutely, and that’s my favorite kind of fight! Forget trying to look pretty while taking an opponent to the mat! This is sheer brutality at its finest and both of these massive men will have their chin tested! I expect them to stand in front of each other and just throw bombs until one of them can’t stand anymore!

Xavier: That could very well happen, of course, but I think it may prove more effective if they pick and choose their home run swings! I’m not sure what their conditioning is, so being precise with their punches and not wasting any energy will be key in this battle! I’m going with Faraimo, despite him not spelling his nickname the way I would, because I think he has more to prove and will be able to bob, weave and move enough to avoid the heavy shots from Blackblood!

Styles: I beg to differ! Just on his name alone, I’m rollin’ with Blackblood, let alone the face tattoo, but he also should be able to lock up Faraimo in the clinch and sap his energy with repeated body shots that will make Faraimo’s hands drop and open him up to one of those cannon blasts of a right hand!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Faraimo by KO; Styles – Blackblood by KO

Styles: And now to the really, really large combatants in the super heavyweight division! The first sample of sheer punishment we’ll see features Balthazar Theron vs. Ray Vision! Ray Vision sounds like some sort of X-Men character!

Xavier: We’re starting to see in the MMA that there are all kinds of names, be they cultural or very creative. It adds to the diversity and flavor of the industry.

Styles: True, there are some very cool, cultural names, but some of these fighters’ idea of creativity leaves much to be desired!

Xavier: That’s a matter of opinion, of course, and speaking of opinion, what’s your opinion about “The Titan”?

Styles: “The Titan” Theron, according to my sources, has been much more quiet and distant lately, and my guess is his two fight losing streak, plus his overall 5-9 record, has him down in the dumps!

Xavier: Are you kidding me!? Yet another fighter who isn’t fully ready for combat!? That makes absolutely no sense! The life of a professional mixed martial artist is tough, no question, but each and every warrior knows that they have to be completely focused physically and mentally to bring out their very best in that cage! If they don’t, their chances of winning, let alone making it out of the cage without permanent damage, is greatly hindered!

Styles: I’m with you, X! These guys bust their ass to train on a daily basis, especially mentally, and to not be completely in tune is unbelievable! This guy at one point in time won four fights in a row, but he’s also lost four fights in a row, then another three in a row, and now he’s stepping into this fight with a two-fight losing streak, as I said earlier!

Xavier: Those are tough odds to overcome, and his aggressiveness has worked for and against him at about the same rate. He’s exciting to watch because most of his fights end in the first round, but that has also been the case for his opponents getting the better of him! It seems Theron only has one gear, and if he continues that approach, Vision will have numerous options available to overcome that aggression!

Styles: Ray “Death” Vision is the shorter man but he weighs more, and he also has a winning record at 5-4! I know that’s not a major winning record, but it’s on the right side of the win/loss column, and that’s enough for this fight!

Xavier: Vision has both a three-fight win streak and a three-fight losing streak in his career. To his credit, he has worn gold around his waist before, though his title reign was short lived due to a tough third round loss to Carlton Banks at RFC Showdown in Tokyo 5!

Styles: That’s right! Banks’ fists won him the title and Vision is looking to keep things going in the right direction since his submission victory over Hakuho Chibasaki! For me, it’s surprising when a super heavyweight demonstrates any ground skills because, quite frankly, I thought men of that size would rather keep the fight standing up so they can throw meat hooks at one another until one man topples like a falling tree!

Xavier: I’m sure his fellow Heritage members have done what they can to get him ready for this fight, Styles! He does have the age advantage and that may prove to be an x factor that’s easily overlooked! Although he’s shown some mat skills, I think he’d prefer to stand toe-to-toe with Theron and test his chin!

Styles: That’s what I hope to see! Something tells me that Vision is going to try and counter-attack Theron so he can lock him into the clinch and unload with multiple body shots so he can sap his energy and set him up for the knockout blow! Either that or, boring as it may be, he may take Theron to the mat and control the action there to score points while keeping the damage to himself at a minimum!

Xavier: That may be boring, but that’s also quite smart, in my opinion! Theron has shown that he has solid boxing skills and he may have to rely on those abilities to make it out of this fight unscathed and victorious!

Styles: Just a minute! My sources have told me that Vision and his training team have apparently had a lot of tension recently, and because of that tension, he hasn’t been training as well as he could because he’s been far more emotional as of late!

Xavier: I simply can’t believe it! Do these fighters need a psychologist to speak with them in private to ensure they’re mentally prepared for a fight? It absolutely puzzles me, especially when a fighter earns a tough victory! If I won any fight in this industry, it would make me feel great, and I’d train even harder because I’d want to maintain that great feeling!

Styles: I’m with you, X! It’s very difficult to win in the fight game, so any victory should make a warrior feel fantastic! With this recent information, picking the fighter I think wins tonight just became a lot more difficult! I’ll take a shot in the dark and I’ll roll with Vision, because his nickname makes him stand out in my mind! I think he has enough pop in his fists to end this fight quickly, and that’s exactly what I think will happen!

Xavier: Something is definitely weird about tonight because I wholeheartedly agree with you, Styles! I think Vision and his slightly winning record will find a way to overcome the standup skills that Theron possesses, and when all is said and done, he’ll be the one standing victorious!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Vision by KO; Styles – Vision by KO

Xavier: For the last fight of the night between the super heavyweights, Marcus St. Stone and Harri Hurja finish our exciting card for tonight! A member of The Evil Empire, “Lifecoach”, which is an unusual nickname for a mixed martial arts fighter, plus being a member of an organization called The Evil Empire, looks to get the ship turned around because he’s currently 4-7, and that’s obviously something he wants to address now as opposed to later!

Styles: Without a shadow of a doubt, that’s what he wants to do! At one point in time he had a four-fight losing streak, and I know for a fact he doesn’t want to taste defeat like that anymore! His last battle ended in a submission victory over Abdul Wasak at Rapid Fighting Championship 37, so he’s looking to extend that streak to two victories. One aspect I like is his fights usually end in the first round, an indication that he’s full on aggressive and keeps up the pressure on his opponents!

Xavier: He definitely tests the endurance and conditioning of his opponents with his full speed approach to all his fights! He’s demonstrated an ability to finish fights both standing up and on the ground, so Stone will have to be on his toes in this fight! “Double H” is a very large man representing UnderGround Fights Enterprise, and he’s earned a 3-2 record so far in his young career!

Styles: Hurja has a nasty disposition and I like that! He’s quite educated with his hands and feet, and when he lands a punch or a kick, trust me, it lands with a thud and it hurts like hell! Every opponent who he’s nailed with a clean shot has grimaced, in the very least! If he gets an opponent into a clinch, his damaging knees can sap the wind right out of an opponent because his height allows his knees to crush the ribs and stomach at the same time, and that pain can only be tolerated for so long!

Xavier: That’s an excellent point, Styles! Hurja doesn’t need as much flexibility as other fighters merely due to the fact that he’s as tall as he is, and being that heavy, everything has power! He began his career very well with two first-round knockouts, and then he’s been back and forth in the win and loss columns. When we last saw him at Rapid Fire Championship 38, Lurch Addams opened up a very nasty cut above his right eye that caused the fight to be stopped!

Styles: The crimson mask was on full display in that fight! I give credit to Hurja for hanging in there as best as he could until the second round, but Addams kept tagging that cut and it proved to be too much for the referee and ringside doctor to allow to continue!

Xavier: If you bleed in the cage, any opponent is like a shark in the water that smells blood, and they’ll go right after that cut to try and end the fight via TKO if at all possible! I’m sure “Double H” has that last fight in the back of his mind, and hopefully he’s able to shake off that loss, especially because that happened a while ago.

Styles: Hold on a second, X! Once again, my sources are hitting me up with some information, and apparently, Hurja has been watching film on that loss to Addams repeatedly, and his trainers are concerned that’s having a negative effect on him! That’s definitely a problem because Stone could very well take advantage of that situation with his aggression and take Hurja right out of this fight!

Xavier: Maybe I should look into getting a sports psychologist for these fighters, because that’s far too many combatants who are not mentally prepared, potentially, for a vicious fight in the cage! I just don’t understand how that can be the situation, but again, they are human beings, and humans can be quite complex!

Styles: I know I’m complex because I’m smart and crazy!

Xavier: I definitely can’t deny that! I’ve hung out with you a few times, and some of the situations you get yourself into, I just don’t know anyone else that would!

Styles: I live my life the way I see fit! I’m still alive and in one piece, so it’s all good!

Xavier: It’s all good as long as no lawsuits or crazy people knock on your front door at four o’clock in the morning, wanting to have a conversation with you while armed with a weapon!

Styles: That’s my business, thank you!

Xavier: All right! I’m just saying. In light of that information from your sources, I’m going to have to choose Stone to win this fight! I don’t think people fully understand the impact a fighter’s mental state has on their entire performance and ability to carry out their game plan in a fight!

Styles: I have to agree with you there! For a fighter to be successful, they have to have unity within themselves and with their coaches, because not being on the same page or not being confident in oneself, is definitely an equation for failure, or worse! This has been an odd night, so I may as well finish it on an odd note! Like you, I’m rollin’ with “Lifecoach” to win this fight! I think he’ll have enough wherewithal to take Hurja to the mat and lock him in a submission to finish the fight!

Xavier: I know it’s not expected, really, for a super heavyweight to be versed in the ground game, but to be successful in the cage, you have to be able to be comfortable and effective in any and all situations!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Stone by Submission; Styles – Stone by Submission

Xavier: There you have it, ladies and gentlemen, the conclusion of the preview for Rapid Fire Championship Showdown in Tokyo 21!

Styles: We hope you’re as pumped up about these fights as we are, and I definitely expect a lot of people to be bleeding and kissing canvas tonight! I can’t wait!

Xavier: Getting a bit bloodthirtsty, Styles!?

Styles: Hey, X, if people don’t like to see brutality then they don’t need to be here!

Xavier: I’m sure all 3,000 fans that will be in attendance want to see knockouts, but as for blood, I think you’re on your own level with the desire to see that!

Styles: If you say so, X! Come one, let’s be honest! Mixed martial arts and wrestling are very popular here in Japan, and trust me, there’s plenty of blood and brutality in those sports!

Xavier: Excellent points. All right, I’ll give you that. Hey, do you want to go to a popular sushi bar after these fights finish tonight?

Styles: Sure, I’ll kick it with you, but I’m not going to eat any octopus that’s alive, or any live shrimp, or anything like that! I told you, I like my fish cooked and with no eyes to stare back at me!

Xavier: I hear you. Thank you for joining us, ladies and gentlemen, and stay tuned for the review show that Styles and I will host after Rapid Fire Championship Showdown in Tokyo 21 concludes! I’m Esiah Xavier.

Styles: And I’m Furious Styles!

Xavier: Signing off.

• Upvote 9

RAPID FIRE CHAMPIONSHIP 41: HARD KNOCKS ARENA – SYDNEY
AUGUST 24, 2019

Carr: Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Sydney, Australia, where tonight we’re going to have mixed martial arts action in a cage where 3,000 rowdy fans will bear witness to incredible battles! I’m Eric Carr, and my fellow analyst and commentator, Chris Bal, has looked over the card and he and I believe there are going to be some hard hits and twisted limbs!

Ball: Absolutely, Carr! We have two middleweight fights, one lightweight, three light heavyweights, three welterweights, and one heavyweight fight on tap tonight, and each one features a very good fighter looking to make more of a name for themselves. The main event tonight features Carter Donovan versus Gok Won Khun for the Light Heavyweight Title!

Carr: Everyone that will pack the arena is absolutely looking forward to that fight! Starting off the action will be Michael Swango and Blake Westcutt in the middleweight division. Swango steps into the cage with an impressive 10-2 record and is an excellent representative of the FinnFighters alliance. The 21-year-old has displayed very good muay thai skills, plus he’s skilled with his hands and is comfortable on the ground. Known for knockout power, he’s won four of his last five fights, the most recent fight a split decision loss to Jormungand Bolverk, which relieved him of a title he recently won. Now he has a chance to regain his form and further propel his stock as a young up-and-coming fighter in the fight game.

Ball: Across the cage from Swango will be “The Cowboy”, and the immediate difference is his age. Westcutt, representing The Stepdads alliance, is six years older than Swango, and that experience advantage may serve him very well. However, to take advantage of that experience, he’s going to have to take this fight to the mat as fast as possible, because the longer this fight is in the standup, the speed and skill of Swango is going to cause Cowboy a lot of problems! Don’t get me wrong, I know Westcutt can handle himself, as his 9-1 record boasts. He had a six-fight win streak going until he came across Michelangelo Di Lodovico. That unanimous decision loss was his first shot at a title, so needless to say, he’s hungry for a shot at redemption and a future title!

Carr: Agreed! If Cowboy can get this fight to the ground, his well-versed arsenal of submissions will definitely put Swango in a bad spot! I think Swango’s height advantage will serve him very well because he’ll be able to stay outside and use his punches and kicks to keep Westcutt at bay, and if Cowboy is able to close the gap, Swango may be able to keep Westcutt in the clinch and really take advantage of his muay thai skills! My prediction for this fight is Swango will win by knockout because his height, speed and youth will serve him well.

Ball: I have to go with the more-experienced, older man who knows numerous ways of twisting and contorting the human body in ways that causes a great deal of pain! He’s tapped out some solid fighters, and I don’t see that stopping tonight!

PREDICTIONS: Carr – Swango by KO; Ball – Westcutt by Submission

Ball: That leads us to our next fight, Thiago Neves vs. Jack Xavier! Hey Carr, is Jack a relative of yours!?

Carr: What makes you ask that!?

Ball: You two sort of look the same!

Carr: We do not!

Ball: Hey man, just checking! You never know these days. Anyway, these two warriors are our only lightweights of the night, but that won’t take away from their hard-hitting styles and definitely won’t slow either man down! “Boah” Neves steps into the cage with a 12-2 record, but his last four fights have been a bit of struggle, and as a result, he’s two-and-two. Neves has deservedly won gold and held that title over the span of five title defenses. His loss to Harvey Stallion cost him the title, but that doesn’t mean he’s any less of a warrior that The Stepdads are proud to have in their alliance.

Carr: The last time we saw “Boah”, he battled Scar Ambe in a tough unanimous decision loss, so he’ll be looking to get on the right side of the win column. He’s the shorter fighter in this battle but he’s just as experienced as Xavier, and just as versed on the ground. Somebody is going to get tapped out in this battle, I have no doubt about it!

Ball: Snap or tap is the theme of this matchup! Jack steps into the cage with an impressive 10-3 record that UnderGround Fights Enterprise is no doubt quite proud of, and similar to Neves, he’s had a bit of a struggle as of late, though he’s 3-2 over his past five fights. He also has championship experience, though unfortunately for him, it was short lived when he stepped into the ring against Harvey Stallion, and his last chance at a title fell when he lost to Billy Brown by Triangle submission. He’s looking to stretch his win streak to two and carry that momentum towards another title shot in the near future.

Carr: Neves may try an unexpected tactic to start the fight and try to use his boxing and kicking ability. Granted, it’s obvious that he’s not as versed as other fighters in the standup game, but he’s skilled enough to possibly throw Xavier off his game just enough to force him into a position he doesn’t want to be in. Xavier looks rather uncomfortable in the standup game, and I’m sure Neves has taken note of this fact.

Ball: Sure, Neves may have just enough standup ability to keep this fight off the mat for a while, but we all know this is going to end up on the mat and will look like a sick game of Twister, but with dire consequences! My pick tonight is Neves because he’s got a great nickname, plus his loss to Scar is surely weighing heavily on his mind, and he doesn’t want to taste defeat again!

Carr: I have no choice but to go with my gut on this one! I think Xavier will counter-attack Neves’ standup striking to get him to the ground, control the action on the ground, then look for the submission. Will power is going to win this fight, and I think Xavier has exactly that!

PREDICTIONS: Ball – Neves by Submission; Carr – Xavier by Submission

Carr: Moving on to the third fight of the night, this is the main event of the evening for the Light Heavyweight Title! The champion, Carter Donovan, brings his 7-2 record and 21-year-old swagger from The Corporation into the cage against Gok Won Khun! Donovan has had a pattern of winning two fights in a row, then losing one, and he’ll be looking to push his recent win streak to three and break that pattern!

Ball: Donovan beat Alojz Sanel in the first round by unleashing a flurry of punches that simply overwhelmed Sanel! What’s scary about Donovan is he’s shown knockout power in his hands, plus the ability to tap people out with his nasty submissions! On the other side of the cage, “Black Wolf” has shown world class muay thai ability. What I respect about him is his career started off rough with a fifty-four second loss to Taylor Plumson. He could have easily called it quits right then and there, but he persevered, overcome that loss, and has gone on a four-fight win streak! He’s 4-1 for a good reason, ladies and gentlemen!

Carr: Every fight that Khun has had has ended in the first round! That’s very bad news for Donovan because his head is going to have to be on a swivel, and if he bobs and weaves at the wrong time, Khun could very well drop him with a flying knee to the temple, or a vicious uppercut that will knock him out before he hits the mat! Needless to say, aggression will be the name of the game in this matchup!

Ball: That’s how a championship match should be! Aggressive, mean, and bloody! It’s rare that both fighters are the same height and weight, so there won’t be any major physical differences in this battle that I can see. Both men are in excellent condition and have much to prove! Donovan make look to come out ultra-aggressive and try to get Khun to the ground as soon as humanly possible so he can avoid the nasty knees and kicks that Khun possesses!

Carr: If he’s the smart fighter he’s proven to be, then yes, he’ll shoot in immediately in an effort to drag Khun down to the ground where he’s very effective. Khun is very well aware of this fact and will no doubt look to keep this fight standing by any means necessary. He may choose to very aggressively lock Donovan in a clinch where he can unleash his elbows and knees while keeping the fight where he’s most effective.

Ball: Donovan’s two losses were both to strong strikers, and Khun is the definition of a strong striker! In order for Donovan to maintain his hold of the title, he’s going to have to control this fight from the moment the bell rings. Otherwise, Khun may very well break down Donovan’s defense and test his chin with his heavy hands! Personally, I’m going with Khun in this one to become the new light heavyweight champion! I think he has too much power and ferocity for Donovan to withstand!

Carr: I think Donovan is crafty enough to bait Khun into being overly aggressive, and when Black Wolf rushes in to end the fight quickly, Donovan will launch a counter-attack that will catch Khun off guard, and that will give Donovan just enough space to latch onto Khun’s legs, take him down, and methodically take control of this fight on the ground, positioning himself into submission opportunities that Khun won’t be able to thwart.

PREDICTIONS: Carr – Donovan by Submission; Ball – Khun by KO

Carr: The first of three welterweight fights pits Konstantinos Nevrakis vs. Samuel Westcliff!

Ball: Konstantinos!? That sounds like a verbal question on the SAT’s! I wonder how long it took him to learn how to spell his own name!? Good lord!

Carr: Nonetheless, this member of The Stepdads has shown he has strong faithful beliefs, and he has used his faith to help propel him to a very respectable 10-2 record. He began his career on absolute fire right out of the gate as he rattled off eight straight wins by submission! There’s a whole lot of tap or snap ability in this warrior!

Ball: No doubt! That nasty submission skill, plus his championship experience, makes for one very formidable combination! Recently, he has struggled a bit, going two-for-two in his last four fights, but he did win his last outing and he’s looking to stretch that win into even more momentum on the winning side of things. The man he faces in the cage has a definitive height and weight advantage, and he brings in a 6-0 record! His punishing punches have ended every single fight in the first round, so expect nothing less than him to go at Nevrakis with a full head of steam and fists ablaze!

Carr: I absolutely concur! This will be the classic standup specialist versus the ground specialist battle, and the height and weight advantage you alluded to will come in very handy for Westcliff. He’s very confident that his boxing ability is much better than Nevrakis’, and he can absolutely stay on the outside and pump his cross and jab into Nevrakis’ face all night if Nevrakis can’t get the fight to the ground!

Ball: I’m sure Nevrakis’ team has him primed and ready for that very scenario. Word from their camp is Nevrakis has been working very diligently on his standup defense in an effort to better avoid the pummeling that Westcliff is capable of unleashing! Nevrakis, if he can weather the first-round storm, he can slow the fight down, wear Westcliff methodically, and eventually render him defenseless as he locks in any number of submissions!

Carr: Westcliff’s trainers have assuredly trained him very hard on his takedown defense and his defensive grappling! Even if Nevrakis manages to get Westcliff to the mat, His long limbs and defensive skills will make it much more difficult for Nevrakis to get a hold of him than people think, plus Westcliff may surprise Nevrakis with his own ground skills!

Ball: Maybe Westcliff will be able to get into mount position and unleash ground-and-pound since his fists are proven! That would definitely catch Nevrakis off-guard and could very well show his future opponents that they have to both watch his fists standing up and on the ground! For the fact that Westcliff has the power, height and weight advantage, I’m choosing him to win this fight, and quickly!

Carr: And I’ll take Nevrakis because he knows how to take advantage of Westcliff’s lengthy frame, and he’ll twist it in a way that Westcliff simply won’t be able to defend, and he’ll have to tap out!

PREDICTIONS: Carr – Nevrakis by Submission; Ball – Westcliff by KO

Carr: Moving onto the only heavyweight fight of the night, Tobb Le Tobb and Scott Barrera square off in the cage!

Ball: Tobb Le Tobb? I guess his parents wanted to keep things simple with his name?

Carr: I really can’t say, Ball, but either way, he steps into this battle with a very good 10-3 record! He proudly represents The Cold North and I know he’ll be very motivated by the loss he suffered at the hands of Conor The Barbarian! That battle was for the chance to wear gold, and it slipped through Tobb’s grasp! Prior to that loss, he had a four-fight win streak where he continued to show that he has some serious power in those fists!

Ball: One aspect I like about this 21-year-old is his aggressiveness! All but two of his fights have ended in the first round, and the crowd loves that! He started off his career with six straight wins, and that in itself is very impressive! The fact he finished so many opponents in the first round shot him onto the MMA map, and many fans have embraced his full steam ahead approach to his fights!

Carr: Standing across from “The Hungarian Giant” tonight will be Scott Barrera, a man who is basically the same size as Tobb, which Tobb may not be accustomed to! Although Barrera’s record is 3-2, he has shown a propensity for nastiness, as evidenced by his fights lasting basically one round with the exception of one! In a nutshell, Barrera either knocks out his opponent, or he gets knocked out! He throws caution to the wind, and the fans love that style as well, so this fight will definitely be exciting, explosive and painful!

Ball: That’s what we expect with the heavyweights step into that cage! There’s no time to try and be pretty with agility and fancy moves! Just get in there, lock horns, run into each other like two semi trucks, and see who walks out in one piece! Barrera’s won two of his last three fights, and his knockout victory over Cucu Maco at Rapid Fire Championship Showdown in Tokyo 17 was downright mean! There was a bit of trash talk between them prior to that fight, and I think that caught the attention of Convicted Inc., because they stepped up to sponsor Barrera!

Carr: I’m sure The Corporation has made sure that Barrera is ready for this battle, and it’s going to be a tough one! Tobb is more experienced and has shown an excellent ability to maneuver his opponents into advantageous positions for him to pummel them with hard-hitting strikes! If this fight goes to the mat, I think Tobb has the ability to control the action there, and he maybe even able to tap out Barrera!

Ball: I don’t think there’s going to be enough time for that, Carr! These two men clearly want to win by KO, and that’s absolutely what I want to see as well! If Barrera is smart, and I’m sure he is, he’ll keep this fight in the standup as long as possible and will look to land vicious kicks to the legs and body of Tobb to wear the big man down and set him up for the knockout shot! He’s my pick for this battle of beef tonight!

Carr: Battle of beef?

Ball: Carr, look at the size of these two! They’re like big sides of cows!

Carr: I suppose so!

PREDICTIONS: Carr – Tobb by Submission; Ball – Barrera by KO

Carr: Moving onto the concluding light heavyweight scrum of the evening, we have Manfred Schmidt vs. Eddie Alpha!

Ball: Eddie Alpha sounds like a cool wrestler’s name, or the name of a comic book character!

Carr: Yes, it does have a certain ring to it, doesn’t it? “Baka Gaijin”, from what I understand means dumb foreigner, has had a tough go as of late! He’s 4-5 right now, which isn’t too good, and what’s worse is he’s lost his last four fights in a row! I don’t care who you are, that’s damaging to the psyche! Against Vitaliy Nekrasov, he was dominated from start to finish, and the frustration was very evident on his face as he punched some trash cans and yelled loudly on the way back to his locker room after that loss!

Ball: Listen, we all know that losing sucks, but you can’t let it seep into your emotions, because that’s a ticking time-bomb of failure in this sport! You’ve got to have your mind right in that cage, because if you have any self-doubt, you can forget about winning! Any opponent with decent observational ability will see the self-defeat attitude in an opponent’s eyes, and their internal fire to fight will burn even brighter!

Carr: I agree 100%! Any mental doubt that creeps in will absolutely destroy a fighter from the inside out! I think the only saving grace for Schmidt will be his age because he should be mature enough to snap out of any funk he’s in from losing, but again, that’s an assumption. Alpha, on the other hand, is also on a losing streak! The last three fights have not gone in his favor, and he was forced to tap out to Orla Wanker at Rapid Fire Championship Showdown in Tokyo 18! He’ll definitely want to get things turned around as fast as possible here because he runs the risk of dropping in the standings, plus, as we discussed about Schmidt, it’s damaging to the emotional state of a fighter to lose battle after battle!

Ball: I would think that both of these warriors would be extra motivated for this fight to break their respective losing streaks! That, alone, would give me enough fuel for my fire to burn very brightly because I absolutely hate losing, and anyone in this industry should feel the very same way! Although Alpha’s a bit shorter and lighter, that may actually be favorable for him because I think he’ll stick-and-move Schmidt the entire time! My pick for this fight is definitely Alpha!

Carr: You and I are on the same page on this one, my friend! Though they both have the losing streak, Alpha’s is shorter, so choosing the lesser of two evils, so to speak, makes sense to me! My pick for this fight is also Alpha!

PREDICTIONS: Ball – Alpha by KO; Carr – Alpha by KO

Carr: Focusing on the middleweight class again, we move our attention to Phil Domphy vs. Danny Corleone.

Ball: Corleone? You don’t think he’s related to that Corleone, do you?
Carr: Somehow I doubt it because that’s a movie, be it a very classic and excellent movie, mind you, but I don’t think that Corleone has anything to do with this one.

Ball: All right, just making sure. I don’t want any questionable characters mad at me for my comments and analyses.

Carr: I think you’ll be just fine, Ball. People understand you’re offering your insight and opinion, nothing more. You have nothing personal against any of these fighters and you receive no bonuses or anything of that nature for speaking about a particular fighter in a particular way.

Ball: Good point, but I just want to cover all my bases. You know how it is.

Carr: Oh, believe me, I understand. Domphy, another member of The Corporation, steps into this battle with a 2-1 record. The 19-year-old from Sacramento, California, has definitely shown some promise and intelligence with his approach to fights. He’s not a heavy-hitter, but he’s very methodical and can easily frustrate an opponent if they’re not careful! His most recent loss to Meldrick Taylor at Rapid Fight Championship 38 left a bad taste in his mouth, and I have no doubt he’s looking to overwhelm Corleone with his striking ability!

Ball: Corleone has the age, experience and height advantage over Domphy in this fight! As a representative of the LEGION OF DOOM, one of my favorite all-time tag teams from the WWF/WWE, by the way, he’s shown that he’s very comfortable fighting on the ground, so we have yet another classic matchup of standup vs. ground fighter! Corleone is very aggressive as he’s only had one of his fights not end in the first round! Domphy may very well find himself in a world of hurt very quickly because his youth and lack of experience may not be able to handle that aggression in time to keep him from being taken to the mat where Corleone can very well lock in a painful submission that will make Domphy tap!

Carr: I think Domphy and his training team understand what’s at stake here, Ball, and I have no doubt in my mind that Domphy will do his best to avoid Corleone’s punches, while landing leg and body kicks in the meantime! If these two end up in the clinch game, I think Domphy will be able to better position Corleone for some knees and elbows while maintaining a hold of Corleone in the clinch!

Ball: I think Corleone is much stronger than Domphy, and if they do end up in the clinch battle, Corleone’s strength and experience will serve him very well as he’ll quickly figure out a way to take Domphy down and maintain control of him there, both frustrating and tiring him out until he makes that one mistake that Corleone can capitalize on in the snap of a finger!

Carr: That could very well be the case, but I believe Domphy will use Corleone’s aggression against him successfully! He has the speed and kicking ability to land some powerful kicks to the legs and ribs of Corleone while avoiding the takedown, and after a while of absorbing those kicks, plus the effort of chasing Domphy around the cage and trying takedowns, Corleone’s going to burn up his energy quickly and will be a much easier target for Domphy!

Ball: Corleone won’t get tired because this fight won’t make it out of the first round! Corleone is going to be a storm of aggression that simply overwhelms the younger man and in the midst of that storm, Corleone will bait Domphy into standing still or trying to overpower him, and that’s when Corleone will strike! My pick for this fight is Corleone by submission!

Carr: Very well, my pick for this fight is the young up-and-comer, Domphy! I think he wins this fight with surprising speed and power in his punches, and especially his kicks!

PREDICTIONS: Carr – Domphy by KO; Ball – Corleone by Submission

Carr: The middleweight action continues with Coiote Magrin vs. Sydney Thift! “Boia”, hailing from Brazil, is 2-1 and like many very proud Brazilians, he’s very skilled and well-versed in the ground game! For being a 25-year-old fighter, he hasn’t been in many actual fights in MMA, but that doesn’t mean he’s not capable of being very dangerous on the mat! A brown belt tells me that he definitely knows how to put a hurt on somebody in a multitude of ways,

Ball: That’s very accurate, Carr! The Brazilians take a great amount of pride in their BJJ training, and many storied and highly-decorated MMA fighters from Brazil are very well known for their ground-fighting abilities! I assume Thift is very well aware of Magrin’s ground skills, and his entire focus will be to keep the fight standing at all costs! Thift is a bit older and he has the height advantage, so keeping this fight standing will, on paper at least, be an easier task for him, and that may very well lead him to victory!

Carr: Over his last four fights, he’s an even 2-2, and he’s been on the slide for the last two fights, so he wants to right the ship before he continues down this losing path! Thift’s last appearance at Rapid Fire Championship Showdown in Tokyo 16 ended as a tapout to the man we were just speaking about, Danny Corleone, and that loss may very well be in the back of his mind as he steps into the cage against yet another opponent who seeks to submit his opponents!

Ball: Thift’s ability to shake off that last loss will be a key aspect in this match, because if his mind wanders to that previous match while Magrin has him on the ground, he may end up in a very bad situation that he won’t be able to escape from! The only way I see Thift winning this fight is if he’s very aggressive and tries to knock Magrin out fast, because the longer this match goes on, the better Magrin’s chances of taking a tired Thift to the mat increase! My pick for this match is definitely Magrin! I think he’s going to turn Thift into a twisty-tie and make him tap out before he even knows what hit him!

Carr: On the other side of the coin, I’ll have to take Thift! I think he’ll be aggressive, yes, but he’ll look to keep this fight in the clinch game and trust his defensive training, along with his muay thai ability, to punish and wear down Magrin methodically before kicking his aggressiveness into another gear and going for the finish!

PREDICTIONS: Ball – Magrin by Submission; Carr – Thift by KO

Carr: The final two fights on tonight’s card are heavyweights, and they both have the potential to be explosive, harsh and messy! Hot Sauce vs. John McSulley has the makings of a physical contest! Hot Sauce hasn’t been so hot after having his three-fight win streak brought to an abrupt end by Vladimir Krashenko! Sauce has had an interesting career because he initially began his career as a super heavyweight, and after having a rough 1-2 start at that weight, under advisement from his trainers, he worked very diligently to lose substantial weight so he could fight in the heavyweight and light heavyweight divisions.

Ball: That’s very impressive because losing that amount of weight takes dedication, discipline and desire, so kudos to him for that accomplishment! He’s had some flashes of potential and the ability to cause some damage with his hands, but he hasn’t been able to carry those skills to any titles yet. Being 27 years old, I would think there would be more of a sense of urgency from Sauce and his team to have him fight much more often, but I’m also sure his fellow UnderGround Fights Enterprise members have tried to motivate him to push himself more! I actually saw Sauce earlier tonight and I looked him right in his eyes, and I’m telling you, Carr, the man doesn’t have that hunger to fight!

Carr: That’s too bad for him because McSulley will have no trepidation about taking full advantage of an unfocused opponent! McSulley has the height advantage, and I believe him being seven years younger works to his advantage! He’s shown a propensity to put together good, accurate strikes and combinations using both hands and feet, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s able to string together some brutal kicks to Sauce’s legs and ribs in this fight! Sauce has the obvious in-ring experience advantage, but McSulley looks very hungry, and having lost his only fight of his young career has no doubt lit a big fire in his belly!

Ball: This is a very prime position for McSulley to be in! His youthful exuberance will serve him well here against an older opponent who looks very disinterested, quite frankly! I fully expect McSulley to leap right into this fight with guns blazing and be ultra-aggressive in looking to finish this fight as soon as possible to avoid any potential upset, and I absolutely see this as an upset if McSulley loses!

Carr: We’re again on the same page, Ball! I think there’s no way Sauce can slow down the young, hungry warrior who wants so desperately to avoid two losses in a row, plus like everyone else in the fight game, he wants to make a name for himself! My pick for this fight is the taller and younger McSulley!

Ball: I second that motion, your honor! McSulley all the way!

PREDICTIONS: Ball – McSulley by KO; Carr – McSulley by KO

Ball: Rounding out the evening are Jimmy Jackson and Vaai Finau! Jimmy Jackson is the name of an excellent college basketball player at Ohio State who had a very respectable NBA career, so I wonder if there’s any relation there. Nonetheless, Jackson has a bit of an overall struggle with his career as he’s managed a 3-5 record. That’s not great but it’s not all that bad. However, he’ll definitely want to snap his current three-fight losing streak! When we last saw Jackson at Rapid Fire Championship 33, he was dominated by Dom Severini, and I’m sure his training team reminds him of that domination if and when they see that he’s lacking in desire and focus!

Carr: Standing across from Jackson is Finau, and here’s a young Tongan fighter who hasn’t been able to get into the win column as of yet! His two fights have ended harshly, and that’s not good news, but maybe the young man will be able to dig deep and find the right formula to get his first win! He has the skills, especially on the mat, and if can take this fight to the mat, I don’t think Jackson will be able to keep Finau from locking him up into a submission and making him tap out!

Ball: Technically, I agree with you, but having two fights and not winning either one is very mentally draining on any fighter, but especially on a young fighter! It takes a great deal of mental toughness as a young man to shake off a rough start, especially when the losses are painful, so this fight will show the mettle, or the lack thereof, that Finau has! I think Jackson is fully aware that Finau has had a rough start, plus he’s well versed on the ground, so it’s obvious to me that he’ll want to keep this fight in the standup and maybe even clinch Finau and wear down that young energy until he’s able to pick Finau apart and end this fight! I don’t expect this to be a long fight because Jackson has shown he’s not adverse to being aggressive, and that aggression will prove to be the difference in this fight!

Carr: I concur with you that Jackson’s experience and aggression will prove to be too much for Finau to deal with! Part of this entire fight experience is dealing with loss and the emotions tied in with them, and part of becoming one of the best to have ever stepped into the cage involves learning to deal with the emotional and psychological aspects outside of the cage. It’s not easy at all, especially when you know the man standing across the cage from you has a very strong desire to cause you as much physical harm as he can, but there’s a reason why every fighter involved in mixed martial arts is willing to subject themselves to such punishment. It’s the love of challenging oneself, and it’s the love of martial arts! If you don’t have the love and desire to get better through sacrifice, pain and growth, then you’re not going to do well at all in this industry! With all that said, I’m choosing Jackson to win this fight by knockout!

Ball: Very well said, Carr! I, again, double-up on your pick and will also choose Jackson to win this fight by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Ball – Jackson by KO; Carr – Jackson by KO

Ball: And that’s all she wrote, folks! Later on tonight we’ll be live in the Hard Knocks Arena and Sydney will be rocking as the action unfolds in the cage!

Carr: We definitely look forward to seeing these fights so we see who emerges as the warrior who wants it more, plus we’ll see who can distance themselves from the pack and earn a coveted title shot! For Chris Ball and myself, we thank you for joining us for this preview, and we hope you like the action that is set to happen a short time from now! Ball and Carr, signing off!

• Upvote 2

This is fantastic stuff Xavier!!! Automatically a must-read and something I'll be looking forward to week after week for RFC!!!

Here are the event posters for this coming week, in slightly higher rez than what Jay/Alex will use to upload for the events.

EYaAIIx.png KulnZtc.png

Thank you very much, Hare, I greatly appreciate it! Once I figure out how to attach your fantastic posters to my writeups when I post them here, that'll add that much more flavor to my writing, and I look forward to having that combination.

• Upvote 3

RAPID FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP SHOWDOWN IN TOKYO 21 REVIEW

HARD KNOCKS ARENA

Xavier: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the recap of Rapid Fighting Championship Showdown in Tokyo 21! I’m your host, Esiah Xavier, and as always, joining me in the booth is Furious Styles!
Styles: What’s goin’ on people!? Was that an intense night of fights or what!?

Xavier: No doubt about it! There were some surprises as well, or at least, some surprises to the both of us, because our predictions weren’t exactly the most accurate!

Styles: I definitely didn’t think some of these matches would end the way they did, but that’s the fight game, ladies and gents! When you put two warriors against each other in that cage, anything is possible, and that’s what we love about this industry!

Xavier: Well said, Styles! The unpredictability of fights keeps things interesting, and the men who manage to overcome their opponent deserves to win and climb that ladder towards a title shot! Without further ado, let’s take a look at what went down!

Styles: Four of the fights went the distance, which surprised me, quite frankly, because I thought there would be a lot more stoppages amongst these combatants! There was a draw, three tko’s, and two tapouts! Let’s get into the dirty details of exactly what went down!

Xavier: The first fight was Martin Eugen vs. Thing Thing.

Styles: Dude! Thing Thing let me down! I hyped him up with his unique name and that crazy green beard, but dude got dominated by Eugen! I definitely didn’t see that coming and I’m sure Thing Thing’s trainers aren’t too happy with the result either!

Xavier: I have no doubt his trainers, like him, wanted a much different outcome, but he has a chance to redeem himself if he can get himself together! Also, let’s give credit where it’s due. Martin Eugen was primed and ready for this fight, and it showed from start to finish! In my opinion, his fighting experience and age paid off dividends against Thing in this fight! Having thirteen more fights can’t be underestimated, plus Eugen’s trainers did an excellent job of scouting Thing and adjusting Eugen’s training accordingly!

Styles: In the opening round, this began as a clinch contest of sorts, but Thing got tired of that and took the fight to the ground! On the mat, no one really had any major advantage as there was a struggle for position, and any submission attempts were avoided. The second round saw most of the action on the mat again, and the struggle continued for positioning and effective submission attempts!

Xavier: There was as a brief time when both men were in the standup, and Eugen tagged Thing on the chin with a solid right hand that opened up a small cut! There wasn’t much damage done but the ever-important points were scored, especially when neither man was able to finish the fight early! In the final round, Eugen was able to keep the fight on its feet for basically half the time, and he was much sharper with his movement and punches, and that obviously paid off because again, when the fight went to the ground, neither man was able to make the other submit before the final bell. This victory makes Eugen’s record a very respectable 18-4, while Thing’s record now stands at 6-3. Not bad, quite frankly, because it’s still a winning record, but I’m sure he’d prefer to be 7-2 and possibly considered for a title shot. Now, he’ll have to battle that much more to climb back into the title picture!

Styles: I give credit to Eugen because he dd what he needed to do in terms of scoring points as well as ensuring he made no costly errors on the ground which Thing could take advantage of! A smart fight but not a very brutal one, as no serious blood was spilled nor were there any major shots absorbed by either man. Props to Eugen for the win, but I think the crowd was hoping for a bit more from Thing! Technically, neither one of us guessed the result correctly, so that goes to show you how much we know.

RESULT: MARTIN EUGEN DEFEATS THING THING BY UNANIMOUS DECISION

Styles: The next battle featured Sam Samuelson against Alzonz Appalusu! Many of us expected this fight to be decided on the ground, and we got exactly what we thought! Both of these men are far more comfortable battling on the mat as opposed to standing up on it, so this was a position battle, as well as a battle of wits, and both men have shown enough wit in their fights!

Xavier: Agreed! Both of these warriors have the age and fight experience to match wits with any opponent, so this fight was a bit of a cat-and-mouse game with both men hoping that the other would make the one mistake that would allow the other to take full advantage of the mistake! In the first round, Appalusu was very aggressive with his multiple attempts at making Samuelson tap, and perhaps he was a bit too aggressive, because he spent a good amount of energy from the getgo, and Samuelson looked very calm and relaxed the entire time!

Styles: I think Samuelson got caught up with trying to match Appalusu’s energy because he definitely increased his submission attempts as the first round progressed! The second round went straight to the ground so that removed any hope of a punch or kick being thrown! Both fighters slowed the pace and were far more methodical with their positioning and angling in attempts to lock one another in a submission, but it was Samuelson’s positioning and patience that won out in the end! Samuelson is now 12-7 and has an opportunity to strap gold around his waist when he battles Jormungand Bolverk!

Xavier: Samuelson was patient while being in Appalusu’s defensive grasp, and when he saw his chance while in the half guard, he went for it! Appalusu wasn’t able to maintain the hold he had on Samuelson’s right foot, and once that foot came free, the rest was inevitable! Samuelson was able to maneuver himself into a kimura attempt and Thing wasn’t able to defend against it, and he was forced to tap out! “Boa” now stands 7-4, which is still a winning record, obviously, but we wonder how this loss will affect his psyche. Styles and I predicated a knockout by Samuelson, so we missed this prediction too. Not looking too good so far for either one of us!

RESULT: SAM SAMUELSON DEFEATS ALZONZ APPALUSU BY KIMURA SUBMISSION

Xavier: Edison Atunes vs. Michelangelo Di Lodovico surprised me a bit, I have to admit! As you all know, Styles predicted a knockout victory for Atunes, and for very good reason! He was, and still is, undefeated in his young career, but his previous fights were all first-round knockout victories! His opponent has proven himself to be a tough battle against anyone, and the 8-fight win streak definitely gave just cause for him to be picked as the winner of this fight! I definitely thought Di Lodovico was going to be able to take Atunes to the ground and make him tap, but Atunes had other plans!

Styles: He definitely wasn’t trying to go along with Lodovico’s plan! I thought for sure that Atunes was going to tune up Lodovico’s jaw, so I have to give credit where it’s due! Lodovico didn’t get knocked out, and that’s saying something when you’re in the cage against a knockout artist! Atunes showed that he’s capable of adapting to his opponent and for those who had questions about his conditioning, as we all saw, the first-round wins didn’t change his training ethic, and he was able to finish this fight and finish it strong!

Xavier: Atunes and Lodovico are definitely in tremendous shape, and the war they had was the Fight of the Night, and rightfully so! Di Lodovico was in trouble near the end of the first round when Atunes ran at him with a sudden burst of speed and landed a clean jab! Most people will wonder why absorbing a jab would cause a fighter to wobble! Well, when you have educated and heavy hands like Atunes, a so-called simple jab can prove to be quite an effective and damaging weapon!

Styles: That’s absolutely right! How many fights did George Foreman win by landing a 1-2 combination repeatedly!? He would jab people and their knees would buckle because he hit so hard and with such precision! That’s what Atunes potentially has and that makes him dangerous in that cage! Lodovico was able to sustain himself and in the second round, he did his best to take the fight to the mat and keep it there. Once he got Atunes down, he definitely did what he could to make him tap, but Atunes was well-prepared for that onslaught and showed excellent composure and defense!

Xavier: He absolutely did, and that’s an acknowledgment to his excellent trainers as well! In the third and final round, Lodovico definitely poured on the pressure of trying to tap out Atunes, but again, his preparation and calm kept him out of danger, and he managed to stall the attack enough to force the fight back to its feet! Once that happened, Atunes locked in the clinch and did what he needed to do for the victory! This win over Lodovico will definitely propel Atunes into the title conversation, plus it shows that he’s steadily improving in all aspects of the fight game!

Styles: A win is a win, no doubt, but I wonder how many people bet on Atunes winning by knockout? Obviously I picked him to win by knockout, and I felt absolutely confident in that decision! Oh well, that’s the way it goes sometimes. Nonetheless, a great showing by both men and I have no doubt both of them will be in the title hunt, especially Atunes! Still undefeated at 6-0, Atunes is definitely climbing the ladder to a title fight very quickly, and I have no doubt his Convicted Inc. members are very proud of his performance! “Il Divino” is now a very good 10-3, and though this loss is a setback, I fully expect him to return to form and be back in the thick of the title hunt very soon!

RESULT: ATUNES DEFEATS LODOVICO BY UNANIMOUS DECISION

Styles: An intriguing fight was next when Obi Wan Kenobi, who’s obviously a major Star Wars fanatic, squared off against Robert Grandis! X and I both thought one of these fighters would get knocked the hell out, but as it turns out, not only was there not a knockout, there wasn’t a winner!

Xavier: Like you, Styles, I was definitely very surprised by this fight! I wouldn’t be surprised if numerous people put money down that one of these fighters would kiss canvas before the night was over! Both of these warriors definitely did the best they could to end this fight early, but neither man could truly gain the upper hand, or at least, not in the eyes of the judges! This match was heavily debated in the MMA world because it absolutely could have gone either way, depending upon who watched the fight!

Styles: It should be heavily debated, because a draw is rare, and I’ve not witnessed a draw that was agreed upon on all sides, really! In the opening round, the action was purely standup, fast and furious, and that’s what we like to see around these parts! Kenobi was solid from start to finish of the first round, displaying some excellent footwork, speed and precision! Grandis did what he could to lock Kenobi up in the clinch, and he was able to get the clinch, but only for short moments in time, and I think that surprised Grandis and may have thrown off a portion of his fight plan!

Xavier: Perhaps, but Grandis adapted well in the second round and had a far better showing for himself, which, to me, swayed the opinion of the ringside judges! No doubt there were many people who thought Kenobi did enough to win the second round as well, but as we found out, that wasn’t the case! The third round was a test of endurance as well as the ability to dodge haymakers! Both men wanted to take the results out of the judges hands’ and just finish the fight, and they threw some heavy shots as the last round came to a close!

Styles: It was definitely bombs away from both of them, and due to fatigue and great skills, both of them looked sloppy at times when they threw caution to the wind and tried for that home run hitter punch, but neither man was able to capitalize, and as the round came to a close, everyone in attendance gave them a well-deserved standing ovation! They left it all in the ring and that can only be respected!

Xavier: Well said! Indeed these two combatants battled toe-to-toe the entire night and the pace never faltered! Both men gave one another a nod and fist bump of respect, and that’s very much appreciated by everyone as well! Obi Wan Kenobi moves to 5-1-3, and perhaps these two will lock horns in a rebound match in the near future!

Styles: That would be awesome! I’d definitely want to see that because they both know each other far better now after a battle like that, and it would be interesting to see what they would change against the other man! Grandis is now 6-1-1 and will hopefully look to fight Kenobi again to settle unfinished business!

RESULT: OBI WAN KENOBI AND ROBERT GRANDIS FIGHT TO A DRAW

Styles: The next fight demonstrated that my inside information is valuable! I told everyone that Jones’ camp was worried about how hard he took the loss to Don Pelayo, and we each saw how distant he looked when he walked out from the locker room area to the cage! I’m telling you, X, if any man steps into that cage without the fire burning in his eyes, he’s in for one potentially painful and short night!

Xavier: You’re absolutely right, Styles! Every ounce of your being has to be laser focused and ready for your opponent each and every time you step into battle! Anything short of that and there’s serious potential for dangerous results! We were on the same page with our predictions for this fight, and we were both right, technically. We both predicated a knockout, and the fight was stopped, so it was a TKO!

Styles: A TKO is the same as a KO, to me! The bottom line is James Jones was on the mat while Tyrone Waters wasn’t, and that’s the bottom line!

Xavier: ‘cause Stone Cold said so?

Styles: Really, dude!? No, because I said so! What the hell? Anyway, Tyrone did what he had to do and he did it quickly! Rumor has it that I was right about him wanting to finish this fight fast so he could go to a bodybuilding competition! I wouldn’t be surprised if he won that, too! “T-Money” is now 5-3 with this victory and will definitely look to fight again soon so he can use the momentum from this win!

Xavier: Well, if he did go to a bodybuilding competition after his fight, more power to him! He definitely didn’t need much time to finish Jones, because it was all said and done before the first round was over! As a result, he had plenty of time to shower and do whatever he intended to do! As for James Jones, he’s now a decent 5-3 overall, but losing two in a row definitely can’t be good for his morale, so hopefully he’s able to get himself together so he can have a better showing the next time we see him in the cage!

RESULT: TYRONE WATERS DEFEATS JAMES JONES BY TKO

Xavier: Next up we have Athos Knox versus Jake Bird!

Styles: No one answered my question as to whether or not he’s related to Larry Bird!

Xavier: Styles, just let it go, man! I’m sure if he was, you would’ve known by now!

Styles: Maybe, or maybe Larry paid people off to keep that information on the down low!

Xavier: I think you’re going a bit far with your conspiracy theory here!

Styles: Let me do what I do and you just worry about analyzing fights!

Xavier: Right. We expected Knox to be very aggressive in this fight because that’s his style!

Styles: What?

Xavier: What?

Styles: You called me!

Xavier: For crying out loud, I said style, not Styles!

Styles: Whatever, man! I heard what you said!

Xavier: Unbelievable! Anyway, as I was saying, Knox’s approach to his fights is very aggressive and straight forward! The fans really enjoy that style of fight because it puts tremendous pressure on both men in the cage, really, and they have to react and think very quickly on their feet!

Styles: I definitely appreciate the smash-mouth style he takes because it ends fights quickly and with a flurry of punishment! That aggression, in my opinion, won this fight for Knox, because Bird was equally aggressive in the opening round! Both of these warriors looked to establish themselves early, and Bird was able to take the fight to the ground and keep it there, which was the smart approach! Knox is definitely much more comfortable in the standup, and it showed greatly in the second round!

Xavier: That’s correct! Knox was able to keep the fight on its feet for about a minute in the second round, and that’s all he needed to help score the necessary points to take the round! Knox controlled the clinch, wore down Bird a bit by leaning on him, and scored a couple of nice shots before Bird managed to slip free and take the fight to the mat yet again! Bird tried to make Knox tap but Knox was a cool customer and kept Bird from taking advantage of his ground game skills!

Styles: Yes he did, and he managed to slow things down enough to where the referee stood them up and Knox was able to land some clean punches after that! In the final round, Knox was able to assert himself aggressively and keep the fight on its feet! He finally managed to lock Bird into the clinch and he took full advantage of that situation! He landed head and body shots that kept Bird off balance and unable to drag Knox to the mat! It was obvious that Knox had the advantage, especially in the clinch, and Bird’s face showed his frustration!

Xavier: He was definitely a mask of frustration as he wasn’t able to break free of the clinch to try and again take the fight to the ground! With this victory, Knox moves his record to an even 2-2, while “The Tacoma Ax-Killer” is now 2-1. I’m sure we’ll be seeing both of these fighters again in the near future as they continue to push for higher ground and ranking!

RESULT: ATHOS KNOX DEFEATS JAKE BIRD BY UNANIMOUS DECISION

Xavier: Moving right along to the next fight that featured Jesse Kotkaniemi vs. Gaga Gogo! Styles and I thought Kotkaniemi was going to win this fight by knockout because, according to Styles’ sources, Gogo wasn’t mentally ready for this fight, opting to eat ice cream and binge watch TV shows! Surprisingly, Kotkaniemi didn’t drop Gogo as we expected, so some credit has to be given to Gogo!

Styles: Credit!? I’m not so sure about that! Yeah, he survived the match without getting his clock cleaned, but he did lose! I’m telling you, people, you either have your head on straight in this business, or you’re going to end up on the wrong side of a beat down! For all three rounds, Kotkaniemi took the fight to the ground and simply dominated! Outside of one submission attempt in the third round, Gogo was basically lifeless and just did enough to hold on and not get finished! I don’t know what his trainers can say to him to get him on the right path, but they need to think of something soon or he’s really going to be in a world of hurt!

Xavier: No doubt about it! I’m sure Kotkaniemi was hoping for more of a showing, but against an opponent who has basically checked out, it’s very difficult to fully be engaged! He did a solid job of taking care of business, and as a reward, he now has a record of 5-3! Gogo drops to an even 2-2, and time will tell how this loss affects him. For his sake, I hope he’s able to get his act together!

Styles: I’m sure his boys at Heritage will be all over him to make sure he snaps out of it and represents himself, and them, much better! “The Grinder” needs to get it together or he’ll end up being grinded right out of the title picture!

RESULT: JESSE KOTKANIEMI DEFEATS GAGA GOGO BY UNANIMOUS DECISION

Styles: Now this fight between Xavier Blackblood and Brad Faraimo was more my speed! Not only is Blackblood one of the coolest last names in MMA, but he also likes to beat opponent’s down quickly and efficiently! I thought for sure you’d pick Blackblood to win, X, because you have the same name! Well, sort of! Maybe you should’ve listened to me because as it turns out, I was right!

Xavier: You were right in picking Blackblood to win by knockout, there’s no denying that! As you know, I picked “The Bohemoth” to win this fight, and quite frankly, I’m stunned by his performance! It seems Blackblood’s aggression was too much for Faraimo to handle, which is shocking, because Faraimo appeared to be ready for this fight! I wonder if he held back because he was fighting a fellow Stepdads alliance member?

Styles: Maybe he did, but right after this loss, he had a falling out with his trainers and management, and as it turns out, he’s a free agent! I’m sure someone will take a chance on the big man with plenty of pop in his hands!

Xavier: Agreed! It’s not every day you have a chance to manage a heavyweight with his kind of power!

Styles: This fight was brutal and bloody, and maybe the bleeding that Faraimo suffered was a factor in his performance! Blackblood’s hands and aim were on point, but it was a nasty right knee to Faraimo’s skull that opened up the cut to begin with! Faraimo didn’t seem too fazed by that, but as the round continued, Blackblood saw another opportunity to blast that cut with his right knee, and he jumped all over that chance!

Xavier: Faraimo wasn’t ready for the knees in the clinch that Xavier brought to the right, and it cost him dearly! Despite being cut pretty badly, he mustered the strength to push Blackblood back and slip out of the clinch, but he wound up eating a brutal right cross that floored him! Blackblood played it cautiously and waited for Faraimo to pick himself up off the mat, and that turned out to be the smart move!

Styles: Yeah it was! He got a chance to catch his breath quickly before launching another series of strikes, and once again, he was able to lock in the clinch, blast Fairamo’s skull with his right knee, and that made the blood pour down his face! Since he had so much luck with the knee strikes, he stuck with it and that was the beginning of the end!

Xavier: One final powerful knee to the head dropped Faraimo and Blackblood didn’t wait for him to stand up this time! He could sense the end was near and he pounced on him, raining down punch after punch until the referee had no choice but to stop the fight! Blackblood’s knee strikes moved him to 3-1 and increases his case for a rise in the rankings! His victory even earned him the KO Of The Night award! As for Brad, he’s 2-2 and waiting for perhaps a new manager who can help guide him to a more successful path! We’ll see what happens with him!

RESULT: XAVIER BLACKBLOOD DEFEATS BRAD FARAIMO BY TKO

Xavier: This next fight was a blur, and before anyone really settled in, it was over!

Styles: Yeah it was! We both picked Ray Vision to win by knockout, and he did win, but not by knockout! Hey, X! Do you think he did so well because I called him an X-Man!?

Xavier: I highly doubt that, Styles! Ray Vision did so well because he was well prepared! You calling him an X-Man is rather irrelevant!

Styles: How do you know!? Maybe I pumped him up and he walked into that cage thinking he was an unstoppable mutant!

Xavier: Styles, please! Get over yourself!

Styles: Sorry, can’t do that! I’m too cool!

Xavier: Lord help me.

Styles: I have to give him even more credit because you know my sources told me that he and his training team got into it just a couple of days before the fight! For him to get it together in time for this fight and have the showing he did, that’s major!

Xavier: He definitely deserves a world of credit for what he was able to achieve! We did both pick Vision to win this fight, but we didn’t see him winning by submission!

Styles: It’s not too often you see a super heavyweight lock in a submission because most of them are expected to stand up and throw major heat! When Vision ate that big right cross counter and it cut him, I thought he was definitely in trouble, but he obviously proved me wrong!

Xavier: Vision avoided further damage, locked in a clinch, and took Theron to the mat where he was helpless to defend against Vision’s skills and determination! Vision even apologized to Theron prior to locking him into a knee submission! Who does that!? Then he said he’s coming for his title! I respect that confidence! For his efforts, he was also rewarded with the Submission Of The Night!

Styles: I dig dude’s style! “Death” is now 6-4, and he and Heritage were partying after that victory! Theron loses his first battle with his new management and training team, but don’t count out the 20-year-old just yet!

RESULT: RAY VISION DEFEATS BALTHAZAR THERON BY KNEEBAR SUBMISSION

Styles: Our final battle of the evening was between Harri Hurja and Marcus St. Stone! I have to be honest ladies and gentlemen! I truly thought this was going to be a quick victory for Stone because of what my sources said about Hurja’s emotional state! Dude wasn’t looking like a fighter who’s getting ready for war, but I’ll just be damned! The dude brought it when the chips were down!

Xavier: I, too, absolutely thought Stone would be able to have his way with Hurja because any fighter not primed and ready is a much easier target, or at least, that’s the mainstream thinking! After seeing Hurja’s effort, maybe I need to change the way I think! Starting off the right with a stiff jab that opened a cut on Stone’s head set the tone for the entire fight, quite frankly!

Styles: No doubt! It’s bad news for a fighter to bleed from being hit with a jab, but some dudes just have hard, heavy hands, and it looks like Hurja’s one of those dudes! The way I saw it, Stone was far too aggressive in trying to cinch, and Hurja was able to see that coming a mile away! Even when Stone managed to clinch, Hurjas broke it quickly and wound up opening that cut even more with a very clean straight left!

Xavier: That shot seemed to slow Stone down quite a bit because he took punches and kicks unnecessarily while still trying to lock in a clinch! I’m not sure what he or his trainers were thinking, but he paid the price for his aggression! He ate yet another big left hand that rocked him backwards, and he tried to run and gather himself, but Hurja was all over him and it was a done deal! He rained punch after punch until the referee had no choice but to stop it!

Styles: Hurja smelled and saw blood, and he moved in the way a warrior should to finish someone off! “Double H” now stands with a 4-2 record and is no doubt feeling very good about himself! He and the other UnderGround Fights Enterprise were definitely in a partying mood after this fight! “Lifecoach” drops to 4-8, and he may need some life coaching himself after this loss! The Evil Empire will certainly have something to say about his fight and maybe they’ll be able to help him get back on track!

Xavier: There you have it, ladies and gentlemen! We hope you enjoyed this review of Rapid Fighting Championship in Tokyo 21, and please join us later this week when Styles and I preview Rapid Fighting Championship in Tokyo 22 on August 31st! Take care, be well, thanks for joining us, and make sure to grab some excellent products from Dark Knight Nutrition! They’re great quality plus the logo is cool! This is Esiah Xavier and Furious Styles, signing off!

• Upvote 7