Tycoon World Grappling Championships (Discussion Thread)

MMATycoon

So then, I've started programming the grappling only modifications for the fight engine and we need to nail down some bits and pieces.

The idea is to have a game-run (i.e. not in any orgs), grappling only submission championships run once every 3 months, with city based regionals then a global final. We would have different weight class and different belt divisions, with obviously trophies for the winner.

1. What are we calling this? TWGC sounds pretty good. Any other suggestions?

2. I have it set so that we're standing up as we start and I've auto-altered the sliders so that we do 100% grappling. It still leaves counter vs aggressor, clinch vs fight outside, counter clinch vs counter takedown, takedown vs standing up, all as they are, so you have tactics in terms of how to get it to the ground. Likewise in the clinch I have left all grappling based sliders as is.

3. Points scoring: I have put it as 20 min round, whole fight scoring. I know there are set point scoring in ADCC (at least I think there are) e.g. x points for a guard pass etc. We could do that, or we could leave as whole fight, under the current scoring engine.

4. I need a new tale of the tape and a new fight imperial stats background, if anyone wants to do that. I'll give you 3 months VIP for a really good one. Also, what should we be displaying in the TOTT?

5. How many people do we reckon we're gunna have involved in this? Let's say we do one every 3 months. There are 8 weight divisions, 12 cities, 6 belt colours. That in itself is 576 different starting points. Maybe we need to do a couple of weight classes and a couple of belt colours each go around?

Any other general points welcome.

• Upvote 9

First off, cool initiative, Mike!

Under general points, I'd like to request (unless it is in place already) that allowing yourself to be taken down increases the chances of ending up in guard. By not fighting the take down, you gain more control over your landing. This should, (again, unless it's already in place) also work for MMA.

• Upvote 1

1 - Name sounds fine

2 - Sounds fine

3 - Sounds fine

4 - Uhm wrestling/ground related stuff like you do for regular fights, but probably in more detail for trans/subs etc.

5 - For the first one I imagine a shitload of ppl and even more if this catches on. Splitting the weight classes up throughout the year sounds like a good way to go.

Maybe this:

Q1 SHW-LHW

Q2 MW-LW

Q3 BW-FW

Q4 Open weight

============

Could something such as this be added? You tick a box if you wanna wear a Gi, Kimono or Wrestling Shoes. and it gives a slight percentage boost to related stats of that style. For example wrestling shoes give wrestlin stats a 2% boost or something.

Would we gain hype/lose energy for this or would it be ran like a QFC Tourney(never did qfc tourney but under impression they are no energy loss i think)? (Stupid question probably :/ )

Side Note: I know nothing about adcc lol just saw that thing about gee/kimono/shoes from a quick search.

• Downvote 1

Assuming fighters under contract will be allowed to participate and there is no energy/morale loss I'm thinking there will be a huge turn out for every tournament/weight class/belt level (except for maybe red belts and the 265+ division) I can't see participation being an issue. Especially if the tournaments only run once every three months, thats plenty of time to sign up.

Very cool idea by the way, I'm super pumped for this! Gives me something to think about @ work now, ill post more feedback later when I get home :)

I googled the ADCC scoring system, figured I'd post it here for reference. Maybe something like this could be implemented.

-Each position must be established for 3 seconds or more being out of any danger of submission in order for points to be awarded.

• Passing the guard = 3 points

• Knee on stomach = 2 points

• Mount position = 2 points

• Back mount with hooks = 3 points

• Takedown (ends Guard or Half Guard) = 2 points

• Clean Takedown (ends passed the guard) = 4 points

• Sweeps (ends Guard or Half Guard) = 2 points

• Clean Sweep (ends passed the guard) = 4 points

We don't have judo so no that's not incorporated.

Thanks for the ADCC scoring system. I think that'd be too complex to code so we'll just leave with the current scoring.

Anyone will be able to take part, regardless of contract but we should probably block people from taking proper fights whilst they are in the tournament.

We'll just keep it as no-gi because that would be way too complicated for the commentary.... at least I think it would. In the future maybe we can add different things like that but not initially.

We don't have judo so no that's not incorporated.

Thanks for the ADCC scoring system. I think that'd be too complex to code so we'll just leave with the current scoring.

Anyone will be able to take part, regardless of contract but we should probably block people from taking proper fights whilst they are in the tournament.

We'll just keep it as no-gi because that would be way too complicated for the commentary.... at least I think it would. In the future maybe we can add different things like that but not initially.

Q: would the full fight scoring system not make whoever is top control most of the fight win? which is not always true in BJJ competitions

One other question for you actually....

- We can do categories by belt but that doesn't stop someone having beast secondaries and physicals and entering the blue belt category. How would you guys deal with that? A cap on secondaries and physicals to enter that category too?

I think it should be similar to the gym spar ratings. E.g.

Group 1: 0.5 star - 1 star

Group 2: 1.5star - 2 star

Group 3: 2.5 star - 3 star

Group 4: 3.5 star - 4 star

Group 5: 4.5 star - 5 star

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It wouldn't count on your record, no. I will add a new bit at the bottom of your fighter's profile page.

Would it also not count toward manager hype/record? That would be my personal preference, to keep all that sort of business entirely linked together and these added extras being separate events, but trophies to be won, etc.

I don't really like the idea of skill caps because the whole purpose of the tournament (in my opinion anyways) is to see who is the best of the best of each belt level but if there is a cap then the best guys are fighting handicapped. I guess it's not really "fair" to the new managers but they should see it as another fun goal to strive for.