How much notice do you need for the fight engine changes to go live?

MMATycoon

So many reversals that this sreally sucks...Ratings 22-26% sucks. I was having almost all the time 100% or close with my fighters. Even more not understanding this game and loosing my first three fights after changes sucks even more. It's really made me thinking of quiting this. Game should be fun and when You give so much time for it and get a result like that...it's not. With so much not understanding "how this could be possible"...

Tough to left the game with 20 slots, priv gym and jet, 1,5mln on account and almost one year of VIP but what can I do. Still game in my opinion should be fun and more rely on someone's efforts and time spending :-) Sorry for my language. Thanks.

Translation: Mike, if you don't make me better at the game, I'm quitting. Losing fights isn't fun. Actually, both fighters should win the fight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So it's only been a couple fights but it definitely seems like the ground game is harder to keep fights down. It seemed like previously advancing position & sub attempts helped buy you a significant amount of time on the ground & doesn't really seem the case as much anymore. With the lack of activity on the ground overall (as in averaging like 4-5 moves a min) I'm kinda glad 1 adv position doesn't buy you 20% of the round on the ground.

It would be nice to see GNP land from guard a bit more though to help counteract that. Seems like almost nothing lands from guard, especially early in fights when guys have energy still. It's a bit different once you're way up in the fight, then you see a bit more land. I'd still like to see GNP from guard land at a higher rate but not do a ton of damage.

Really probably need several more fights to gauge it properly though, that's just 1st impression

• Upvote 1

So it's only been a couple fights but it definitely seems like the ground game is harder to keep fights down. It seemed like previously advancing position & sub attempts helped buy you a significant amount of time on the ground & doesn't really seem the case as much anymore. With the lack of activity on the ground overall (as in averaging like 4-5 moves a min) I'm kinda glad 1 adv position doesn't buy you 20% of the round on the ground.

It would be nice to see GNP land from guard a bit more though to help counteract that. Seems like almost nothing lands from guard, especially early in fights when guys have energy still. It's a bit different once you're way up in the fight, then you see a bit more land. I'd still like to see GNP from guard land at a higher rate but not do a ton of damage.

Really probably need several more fights to gauge it properly though, that's just 1st impression

I've only had 1 fight so far that made the ground but - considering my tactics think the same thing with keeping it on the ground.. Either counter control is working much better or you're going to need to go ridicules agg and finish to keep it down.. 2 of the stand ups were from side control which surprised me even more.. Again very early in the piece. So maybe it was just one of those unlucky RNG..

@Mike - green for neutral would be great

give it a few more fights and then let me know the links to any dodgy standups. it's a very tricky thing to get 100% right with all the possible options so i was alway expecting to have to tweak it a bit more once we'd had a load more tactic combos run.

I wasn't implying that the stand-ups were dodgy. When nothing really happens for a 60 sec period, i think the fight should be stood up. I was just saying that some of the things that you were able to spam/abuse before to buy yourself time on the ground doesn't seem to work quite as well as before. But those things that worked before to buy you time probably shouldn't have been as effective as they were, so in that sense I think it's a good thing.

For example 1 of the things is....it's clearly harder to get a stand-up from the bottom the more dominant the position your opponent is in. Previously if a guy got to your half-guard and was at least attempting to land strikes, he could chill in half guard for about 90 sec & not really have any success before the referee would step in. That successful transition and the more dominant position used to buy you about an extra 90 seconds as I said on the ground. Now it seems like if you get to half-guard and don't land anything, that stand-up could happen in 30-45 seconds.

I think it's good that it demands more from you to keep the fight on the bottom, hopefully it works that way w/ the energy as well....as in you actually have to score damage to take energy, not just LNP on guys. I haven't read enough fights to really tell (though I did read about 25 fights on pbp since last monday).

Obviously it's way too early to read too much into things, but I think I love it & hate it at the same time. Love it cause it's probably better to even things out striker vs. grappler wise a little bit, & hate it cause i have a buncha pillow fisted grapplers & was really liking being able to keep shit on the ground lol