Checkmate Championship

Neondragon

- Checkmate Championship 6 Main Card Preview -

Logopit_1596796799940.jpg?width=320&heig

(205) - To get the main card started we will see #6 Clinch King "Razor" Smash Machine (4-2)(4-2 in CC) vs #10 Hurricane Defoe (2-0)(2-0 in CC)
Machine has always been a staple in the Light-Heavyweight division and will now look to get back on the winning track against an undefeated prospect in Defoe who will look to capitalize on this big opportunity and climb the rankings!
(145) Lonnie Donegan (3-0)(0-0 in CC) vs #2 "Krazy Horse" Chase Buchanan (4-1)(2-0 in CC)
Undefeated Lonnie Donegan will look to make good on his Checkmate debut in a big way by taking out a highly ranked opponent and send a message to the whole division.
Chase Buchanan has gone a perfect 2 for 2 inside the Checkmate cage and now will look to add yet another impressive name on his resume and prove why he is ranked #2.
Two very talented fighters that will look to put on a fight that everyone will enjoy! The winner of this bout can expect an offer to take on the winner of the 145 title fight!
Now for our highly anticipated Featherweight Title Fight! We will see the Champion Magnificent Chulalongkorn (4-1)(2-0 in CC) take on a division newcomer in #1-LW Carlos Villarreal (6-2)(5-2 in CC)
Chulalongkorn made a statement with his Checkmate debut when he took out now #5 ranked Charles Manson by way of submission in the very first round, after that performance he was given his deserved title shot against now-former champ Rikuto Ryuunosuke who was a perfect 5-0 at the time, before meeting Chulalongkorn. Chulalongkorn dismantled the former champ and stole his belt in the first round by TKO, now he will be looking to defend his belt for the first time.
and to try to do that he will face the #1 ranked Lightweight fighter that is making his move to Featherweight in a big way!
Carlos Villarreal has been a force to be reckoned with in the 155-pound division, he has faced some of the very best to do it and has walked away with 5 wins and only 2 losses inside the Checkmate cage, and his 2 losses are to the one of the greatest, 155 champion Chief Aztec, so you can't really hold those against him. He is coming off a huge win back at Lightweight where he took out now ranked #7-LW Edgar Bravo when he defeated him by a split decision, and now with that, he will look to make his mark on his new division and claim the top of the Featherweight mountain!
In our Heavyweight Co-Main event of the night, we will see Former Champion now #1 ranked contender Jon Nolan (9-1)(7-1 in CC) take on rising star #4 ranked Jax Chambers (5-1)(2-0 in CC)
Nolan is one of the most experienced and talented fighters inside Checkmate, he is known for his crushing knockout power and his champion mindset, He was the inaugural champion for Checkmate and defended his title once before losing that title in a back and forth fight of the night bout with current champion Anton Gardner who we will see later tonight in the Main Event. Nolan is also the winner of "The Crowning" tournament for the 265 bracket where he faced some top-level talent and finished them all. Nolan has been a staple for Checkmate's Heavyweight division from the beginning and now he will be coming off his first pro loss and he will look for vengeance and to prove that he deserves the next title shot.
The man that will look to make sure that doesn't happen will be none other than rising star Jax Chambers who has looked incredible inside the Checkmate cage. He is a perfect 2-0 inside Checkmate, taking out two ranked contenders in #9 ranked Jingky Bacolod and #8 ranked Augustin Cauchy, finishing both of them by way of first-round KO. On paper it looks like Chambers will have the edge in all skill sets, however, he does not have the champion experience that Nolan has. Chambers will look to bring his youth as well as his skill set in the cage in order to try to do what only one other man has done, and that is to take out the dominant force that is the former champ Nolan!
This is truly a championship-caliber fight and is one that will keep the fans on the edge of their seat!

In our MAIIIINNN EVVEENNTTTT of the night, we will see a rematch between the newly crowned champ Anton Gardner (6-2)(1-0 in CC) as he will look to try to make good on his first title defense by redeeming a loss and taking out the undefeated powerhouse and #2 ranked Bubba Wallace (9-0)(1-0 in CC)

Gardner is coming off the biggest win of his career and one of the biggest upsets that Checkmate has ever seen, He dethroned one of the most dominant and feared fighters we have seen in Jon Nolan, and how long did it take him to do so? Just 2:59 in the second round, but the win did not come easily, he had to overcome a nasty cut and a knockdown in the first round, but he got back up and returned the favor and more by cutting and knocking down Nolan twice in the first round! Then he kept that momentum and knocked Nolan down two more times before getting the TKO finish, oh, and did I forget to mention that it was his Checkmate debut!? He won the title in his very first fight with Checkmate! Gardner has faced Wallace once before back in his second pro fight, he lost to Wallace that night but now he is on the highest of highs and will look to increase his winning streak to 5!
Standing across from him will be AWC winner with a perfect 9-0 undefeated record and #2 ranked contender Bubba Wallace who broke out on to the Checkmate Heavyweight scene by taking out one of the best to do it in the first round back in his Checkmate debut against Test Run back at Checkmate Championship 3 where he got his hand raised by way of TKO in just 2:36. High-level fighting is nothing new to Wallace and that is all he has known from the very start of his career. He started his career by being apart of the AWC tournament and not only did he take part, but he dominated, a perfect 8-0 inside the tournament and all were finishes, and 6 out of 7 were in the first round. After the AWC tournament was over Checkmate offered him a contract and after he signed the dotted line he found himself in a high-level fight against a fighter that was highly ranked and respected in Checkmate for a while, and he did more than impress, he walked into that cage made it look like it had his name written on it, but now he will look to put that aside from him as he will need to put his full attention of the current challenge which is the Champion Anton Gardner.
This fight is gonna be crazy! The biggest fight Checkmate has seen to date! Who will take this rematch?!?!?!?!?!?
Who takes this one?!?!?!
Aside from our main card we will also get to see
(170) - Ivan Jomoney (2-1)(0-0 in CC) vs Alex "Never Quit" Steel Ii (2-2)(2-0 in CC)
(185) - Daniel "Dominator" Pawlik (4-8)(0-0 in CC) vs Tony Dentist (2-4)(1-2 in CC)
(145) - Leon "Cranium" Johnson (2-1)(0-1 in CC) vs Killua Zoldyck (0-0)(7-1 in TWGC)
(265) - Deontay DJ (1-3)(0-1) vs Bloodsport Unknown (3-3)(1-0 in CC)
(145) - Bronson "Wolf" Komaroff (1-4)(0-2 in CC) vs Nou Hematopoye (1-0)(1-0 in CC)

20200605_012938.jpg

• Upvote 2

- Checkmate Fight Night 10 Main/Co-Main Preview -

Logopit_1597178822763.jpg?width=320&heig

We have got 20 fired up human chess players for Checkmate Fight Night 10 that are ready to throw some hands, cash some checks and make their name known! With that being said, let's take a close look at the men in the Co-Main & Main Event spots!

In our Co-Main event of the evening, we will see two ranked heavyweights clash when #6 ranked Mike "Hammer" Kownacki (7-0)(1-0 in CC) takes on a man with championship experience in #9 Jingky Bacolod (5-1)(1-1 in CC)

#6 ranked Heavyweight contender Mike "Hammer" Kownacki is looking to add another impressive name to his resume on his way up the heavyweight ladder. The 25-year-old Poland native made good on his debut back at "Checkmate Contenders 3" where he took out Dalton Swas by way of KO in the first round and gave Swas his first and only loss in pro-MMA. Kownacki is currently riding the second-longest active win streak in the division with 7 wins and will now be looking to add the biggest name to date on his already impressive win streak!

Across from him will be former Conquest champion #9 ranked Jingky Bacolod. Bacolod had a big task in his Checkmate debut against now #1 ranked contender Jax Chambers back at Checkmate "To The Throne RD#1" in the Main Event spot, Bacolod came up short in that bout but bounced back in a big way with a unanimous decision win over fellow former Conquest champ Drax Bautista, which is no easy task, to say the least. Now back to his winning ways, Bacolod will look to carry this newfound confidence into his bout against Kownacki and look to pick up another big win!

In our MAIN EVENT of the evening!!!!!!!!! We will see AWC winner and #5 ranked contender Zane "The Bedtime Story" Alexander (7-2)(1-1 in CC) take on #8 ranked Bobby Bryant (6-1 MMA) (1-1 in CC) (2-1 in KB) in the Light-Heavyweight Division!

"The Bedtime Story" Alexander has known bright lights his whole career, but now coming off his first loss in a long time he wants to make sure they shine extra bright on him as he will be looking to redeem his last performance with a big finish over a game contender. Zane is the winner of the 205 division of the AWC tournament where he was given an "A" for performance and MVP for his team. He met the expectations and more in that tournament as he was predicted to win the tourney from the very start, but he didn't just win the tournament, he dominated it. He lost the first round fight and then went on to win 5 in a row, all by TKO, and 3 were in the very first round. Alexander is known for his high-level wrestling and brutal ground and pound, if he gets you on the mats, good luck getting back up. But even if you do get back up, he will take you down again, and again, and again. Just look at his Checkmate debut fight back at "Checkmate Contenders 4" against Choctaw Bloode. He was able to score 8 takedowns on his way to a 30:27x3 unanimous decision. However, Alexander has been known to be a party animal before his fights, but with high stakes, we hope he comes in fully prepared... and sober.

Now let's take a close look at the career of the man that he will be facing, and that man is none other than #8 ranked Bobby Bryant who is coming off a great win over current #10 ranked Omir Stalingrad back at "Checkmate Fight Night 9" where he displayed his knockout power by getting a first-round KO in just 1:15. The Detroit native is known for his standup game as well as his quick stoppage victories. He has finished all 6 of his pro-MMA wins by TKO/KO in the very first round. Bobby has also competed in the Pro Kickboxing Circut where he went 2-1 before making his move back to MMA. Bobby has shown some excellent striking in his fights so far, but now he will be facing a dominate wrestler who will shoot in for the takedown as soon as the round starts. Knowing this I assume he has been working on his takedown defense every day since this fight got announced! Now he will be looking to once again showcase his skills and take out another ranked opponent in his way.

I can't wait to see how this card plays out!

(Here's a link for the AWC thread which I got some facts about Zane from, you should go check it out, the write ups there are fantastic!)

20200605_012938.jpg

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15837804747956.png

Bjorn Akerfeldt: Really great to get back out there after my last FC went bust and it was awesome to put my opponent away so early too since it let me watch and enjoy the rest of the fights but I don't think the audience cheered as loud for anyone else as they did for me. Who's next in LHW for me? On my way to Top 10

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15837804747956.png

Bjorn Akerfeldt: Really great to get back out there after my last FC went bust and it was awesome to put my opponent away so early too since it let me watch and enjoy the rest of the fights but I don't think the audience cheered as loud for anyone else as they did for me. Who's next in LHW for me? On my way to Top 10

That was a sick kimura! Can't wait to see him back in there!

Checkmate Knight Battle RD#1 Preview!

ezgif.com-gif-maker_2.gif

Tournament Bouts!

#3 ranked Ispa Perkele (6-1)(2-1 in CC) vs #8 ranked Exeudo "The Frightmare" Oni (7-4)(5-2 in CC)

20200814_213516.jpg?width=621&height=453

Ispa is coming into the bracket as one of the favorites to win it all, with his single loss being to the former champ Ispa has seen what some of the very best in the division have to offer. Now he will be looking to prove himself once again in this bout!

Oni is currently on a 3 fight win streak and wants to make a big statement in the first round of the tournament by taking out the highest-ranked fighter in the bracket!

#5 Trey Wittman (5-2)(2-1 in CC) vs #6 Jorge Adesanya (4-2)(4-1 in CC)

20200814_213528.jpg?width=670&height=453

Winner in two of his last three, Trey has all the talents to make it far in this tournament but he has a tough test in front of him in Jorge Adesanya!

Andesanya is 4-1 inside the Checkmate cage and has redeemed that one loss and now will look to continue his 4 fight win streak!

#7 Logan Barrengarry (3-1)(2-0 in CC) vs Patrick "Fighting Irish" O'Malley (2-1)(0-1 in CC)

20200814_213734.jpg?width=664&height=453

Although his ranking might not be in the top 5 Logan is also a big favorite for this tournament, having already faced the current champion and having a top 50 ranked manager there is no denying his bright future!

Patrick O'Malley is coming off the first loss in his pro career, so there is something about him that makes me feel like he is gonna come into this bout with a vengeance after losing his 0!

#10 Potemkin Izmaylov (2-0)(2-0 in CC) vs Pedro Vela (4-3)(2-2 in CC)

20200814_214018.jpg?width=640&height=453

Izmaylov has looked like a rising star in his two pro fights, he has yet to find an equal to dance with him inside the cage, he is the only undefeated fighter in the bracket and wants to keep it that way.

Vela is a world-class black belt with some serious wrestling skills, he is by far the best grappler in the bracket, and he will need all that knowledge in this belt to take out Izmaylov

Other Ranked Bouts

(155) #5 Bastian "The Basmanian Devil" Berzerker (5-2)(3-2 in CC) vs #6 Edgar Bravo (6-3)(0-1 in CC)

(145) - #9 Sammie Conner (2-0)(2-0 in CC) vs Crotch Chewer (0-1)(0-0 in CC)

(265) #10 Augustin Cauchy (8-3)(0-1 in CC) vs Yuhsuck Mi (6-2)(0-1 in CC)

Unranked Bouts

(205) Choctaw Bloode (3-2)(0-2 in CC) vs Zhang Wu (3-3)(0-2 in CC)

(205) - Ian "Kookoo" Justino (3-1)(1-1 in CC) vs "The King of Clobbering" Nemesis Steed (2-0)(0-0 in CC)

(145) - Ieuan "Chunky" Thomas (3-3)(1-1 in CC) vs Walter Sobchak (1-5)(0-1 in CC)

This card has got some seriously talented fighters I can't wait to see how the first round of the tournament goes as well as all the fights not in the tourney!

20200605_012938.jpg'
  • Upvote 2

Ieuan Thomas: Get me ranked! That fight showed that as soon as the fight hits the mat it is game over for anyone I face! That sad sack should have never been in the cage for me. Send me some real fighters, none of these amateurs! Is that number 10 ranked I hear? Make it happen!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/25/25w1.jpg

Jax Chambers (355121)

6-1-0

"I've been training for a superfight that just got cancelled and the titlefight is spoken for, that means Anton Gardner, Mike Kownacki, or Brian Snow are in line to receive them hands. Whatever of these fools is willing to fight the soonest, I'll put any of them down in the first tomorrow.

That or I'll just sit here twiddling my thumbs while I wait for the title, I have just about had enough time letting people play pretend and will be along shortly for my property."

• Upvote 1

Ieuan Thomas: Get me ranked! That fight showed that as soon as the fight hits the mat it is game over for anyone I face! That sad sack should have never been in the cage for me. Send me some real fighters, none of these amateurs! Is that number 10 ranked I hear? Make it happen!

That was a great finish! I will try to him a ranked opponent in his next bout to break into that top 10!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/25/25w1.jpg

Jax Chambers (355121)

6-1-0

"I've been training for a superfight that just got cancelled and the titlefight is spoken for, that means Anton Gardner, Mike Kownacki, or Brian Snow are in line to receive them hands. Whatever of these fools is willing to fight the soonest, I'll put any of them down in the first tomorrow.

That or I'll just sit here twiddling my thumbs while I wait for the title, I have just about had enough time letting people play pretend and will be along shortly for my property."

I would love to see any of those fights! I am gonna be doing some matchmaking and I will see what makes the most sense!

- Checkmate Championship 7 Full Preview -

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1598048262Poster%20Gif.gif

*Please excuse the typo in the last slide on the poster

Aside from that we have a STACKED card ahead of us, so let's take a closer look into the bouts to come!

Kicking off this heavily stacked card will be a welterweight belt between Blackout Mane (2-2)(0-1 in CC) and Jeff Roberts (4-2)(0-1 in CC)
Blackout Mane is currently coming off a loss to now #10 ranked Contender Alex Steel Ii. Before that, he was on a two-fight win streak with our former co-organization Medieval Combat. Both wins coming by way of armbar submission, and both within the first two rounds.
The main stand across from him will be Jeff Roberts who also came from Medieval Combat. Roberts is currently on a two fights skid, but before that, he won the QFC tournament 969, finishing all of his opponents by way of the first-round TKO. The England native now will look to get back in the winning circle and prove that he can climb the rankings.
Next up we will have two undefeated ranked middleweight contenders clash when #9 Obama "The Chinese" Filth (2-0)(1-0 in CC) take on #6 Mitch Malone (2-0)(2-0 in CC) in a battle of the 0s!
The 20-year-old Afghanistan born Obama Is currently coming off two first-round TKO stoppages and now will look to add yet another impressive finish to his resume.
Across from him will be fellow undefeated fighter, 21-year-old United States native Mitch Malone, who is currently coming off a knockout finish in the third round against Roku Takenaka and wants to make it a perfect 3-0 inside Checkmate.
Two heavy-handed Strikers that want to finish each other on the feet, but who will walk out with the victory and climb the rankings!?
Now we get to see two ranked featherweight battle when we see number four ranked #4 Emiliano Blackburn (5-2)(2-1 in CC) vs #5 Anderson "Senna" Beach Boy (4-2)(2-0 in CC)
#4 ranked Emiliano Blackburn is currently coming off a win against Dechlan Tomsett back at Checkmate Championship 4 where he defeated him by way of TKO in the second round. Blackburn has won five out of his last seven bouts. Three of those coming by way of unanimous decision and two of them by way of TKO. Now he will be looking to put his skills to the test again against a fellow ranked contender.
Across the cage from him will be Anderson beach boy, who is currently (4-2) in his Pro MMA career and is currently riding a two-fight win streak. His most recent win coming against Siete DiMaio by unanimous decision. Anderson has fought some of the best in the division and has proved that he can hang with them, now, he will be looking to add yet another impressive name to his resume by taking out a fighter that is above him in the rankings!
Up next we will see two ranked light heavyweight contenders clash in a bout that is guaranteed to be fireworks when we see #3 Mason "Mushaboom" Edwards (8-1)(2-1 in CC) vs #10 "Molotov" Omir Stalingrad (4-2)(1-1 in CC)
#3 ranked Mason Edwards Is coming off a big first-round submission victory against Ben Warren back at Checkmate Fight Night 9. Mason was a part of the Checkmate "Hunting Gold" tournament where he made it to the finale and faced now-former Champion Lukasz Wieczorek where he came up short in the first round. All eight of Mason's Pro MMA wins have come by way of submission, and all being in the first round except for one. Now he will look to put his grappling skills on display as he takes on #10 ranked Omir Stalingrad.
Omir is coming off a loss to Bobby Bryant back at Checkmate Fight Night 9. Before that set back he was on a two-fight win streak, one being a unanimous decision win and the other being a knockout. The 28-year-old Russian native has remarkable Muay Thai and strong Boxing, as well as proficient Wrestling. He can truly take the fight anywhere and he might need to do just that against the number #3 ranked contender.
Now we will former featherweight champion and now #3 ranked Rikuto "The Dragon" Ryuunosuke (5-1)(2-1 in CC) returning to battle when he takes on hungry up-and-comer #7 ranked Dechlan "Slick" Tomsett (4-4)(1-1 in CC)
The former champ Ryuunosuke was a perfect 5-0 before running into now current featherweight champion Magnificent Chulalongkorn where he was ultimately stopped in the very first round, which has now light a fire underneath him. Before that bout, he had taken out some very talented fighters in Checkmate's "To The Throne" featherweight tournament. Defeating the likes of Reece HC and Emiliano Blackburn. Now the 27-year old from Japan will look to get back on the winning track in a big way by making a statement against a fellow contender.
However, the man across from him is #7 ranked Dechlan "Slick" Tomsett. Who does not wanna be just another stepping stone for the former champ, as he is currently coming off a loss himself and wants to make a comeback! He has won two out of his last three. All four of his wins have come by way of decision. Dechlan got into amateur boxing at the age of 13 and fell in love with Combat Sports from there on, he excelled in boxing and also dabbled briefly in Judo and Brazilian jiu-jitsu before stumbling upon MMA. Where he has had some great success, but now he will look to add the biggest name on his resume by taking out the former champ and handing him just his second loss.
Next, we will have two ranked featherweight contenders that are looking to prove that they can climb the rankings when #6 ranked Charles Manson (5-2)(1-1 in CC) faces #8 ranked Donald "Flathead" Fisher (5-3)(1-2 in CC)
#6 ranked Charles Manson current has 5 wins against just 2 losses in his Pro MMA career, with three submissions of the night bonus underneath him and a huge win in his last bout where he had a first-round submission against the always tough Siete DiMaio. Manson's only losses are to the current champion Magnificent Chulalongkorn and to the current #4 ranked contender Emiliano Blackburn. Two very accomplished fighters, But enough about his losses, let's get onto his wins, all five of his victories have come by way of submission in the first two rounds, and now he will be looking to take his BJJ brown belt knowledge back into the cage and take on fellow ranked fighter Donald Fisher.
Fisher also has a loss against #4 Emelianenko Blackburn as well as top-ranked Contender Chase Buchanan, but Fisher is now coming off a big win against Siete DiMaio by way of first-round TKO and looks to be in the best shape of his career! Unlike his opponent, Fisher is a walking striking clinic, as all five of his victories have come by way of TKO in the very first round. This is a classic Striker versus Grappler matchup. The question is who walks out with the victory?
Next we will see two ranked Lightweights battle it out in what will surely be a fantastic bout when #2 ranked Greg "No Chance" Connor (3-0)(3-0 in CC) takes on #4 ranked Volodymyr "The Truth" Pravda.
Greg Connor is currently 3-0 In his Pro MMA career as well as his Checkmate career. He has finished every single one of his opponents in the very first round by knockout, with his most recent finish being a knockout of the night Superman punch finish back at Checkmate contenders 3. With the lightweight division running out of contenders that haven't already fought the champion Greg Connor will be looking to make a big statement to prove that he should be the next in line for a shot at that belt.
However, his opponent Pravda is fresh off of his title fight against the champion, so he has seen the very best the division has to offer. Before that, he was on a three-fight win streak off against some of the best to do it and finishing them all in the first round by way of TKO. The 21-year-old Ukraine natives currently trains and lives in Montreal Canada. He Is a well-rounded fighter, that is looking to put his skills to the test when he takes on the undefeated hopeful to prove that he is one of the best in the division.
Up next people see former champion and now current #1 contender "Lord" Lukasz Wieczorek (5-2)(4-1 in CC) take on an unranked undefeated prospect In Willy "Coco" Mataitai.
The former Champion Wieczorek is making his first appearance back in the cage since losing his belt to the current champion Blake Phoenix back at Checkmate Championship 4, but Let's take a look further back before that bout and see how he won the belt in the first place. Wieczorek was apart of Checkmate "Hunting Gold" tournament where he took on undefeated fighters such as Gabriel Creed And Mason Edwards and gave them both their first and only Pro loss. Now Wieczorek truly shocked the world when he finished Gabriel Creed in the very first round by way of TKO, but not only did he do that. He then went on to shock the world again by finishing Mason Edwards by first-round TKO to pick up the belt and became the winner of Checkmate's "Hunting Gold" 205 tournament Champion. Now with the belt behind him, but still in his view, he will take on an undefeated newcomer to try and prove that he is still one of the best in the division.
Mataitai is currently a perfect 3-0 inside his Pro MMA career. But he has yet to face someone in the likes of Wieczorek, but that doesn't face Mataitai. Mataitai came over from another top 355k organization, So he is used to having a challenge and preforming under bright lights. Nonetheless, all three of his wins have come by way of a first-round KO/TKO. The 20-year old has a great manager with him and has some serious Muay Thai and Wrestling skills that will need to be taking seriously by his opponent. With the toughest opponent in front of him, it will be the perfect time for the young undefeated fighter to showcase his skills to the world!
In our Co-Main event of the evening, we will see undefeated Champion fighter Blake Phoenix "Version 2.0" (5-0)(1-0 in CC) take on the #2 ranked fighter Orvar Odd Lodinkinni (5-1)(5-1 in CC) in a bout for the ages!
The champion Phoenix has looked Unstoppable in his pro career, taking out the former 205 champion in his last bout and taking out our current featherweight champion Magnificent Chulalongkorn back when he was at Conquest before the merge. Although his last two fights have gone the distance that does not mean he does not have the ability to finish a fight, as the three fights before those were all dominate finishes in the very first round, and he doesn't have just one way he can finish you, as he has 2 wins by way of TKO/KO and 1 by way of submission, proving he can truly go anywhere and finish the fight wherever it goes. Now, this will be his first defense against a very talented Contender.
The Challenger Orvar Odd Lodinkinni has spent his whole pro career inside the Checkmate cage and has faced some of the most well-known fighters in the org. He shocked most in his last bout when he defeated the highly hyped Zane Alexander in the very first round with a performance of the night TKO. Before that bout, he took out another highly hyped ranked contender in Bobby Bryant. He is truly on a spectacular run and wants to increase his win streak to four by taking out the champ, and not only would he increase his win streak to four, but he will also pick up the belt in doing so. The 20-year-old from Norway Has Sensational boxing but don't count out his Muy Thai, Wrestling, or Grappling game! However, he does love to stand and trade as all five of his wins have come by way of KO/TKO. Which is exactly what he needs to do in order to accomplish his championship dreams.
In our MAIIIINNNN EEVVVEENTTT of the evening, we have defending Champion © Manco "The Good" Unknown (7-1)(3-0 in CC) Taking on an up-and-comer in #2 First Name (7-1)(3-0 in CC) in a rematch you don't wanna miss!
The defending Champion is currently on a three-fight win streak. All being finished within the first two rounds. His most recent win was in a title bout against former champ One Wonder, Where he got a submission of the night guillotine choke to claim the title. The Australian native has some wins over some of the best in the division, including the opponent that he will be facing once again in this bout, In their first meeting, Unknown defeated First Name in the very first round by triangle choke submission. Unknown is currently coming off some of the best fights in his career, and he does not want to disappoint in his first title defense.
The man that would be standing across the cage from him will be First Name, who is currently on a five-fight win streak over some of the very best in the division. His one and only loss in his pro career are against the current champion who is also the man that he will be facing tonight, since losing to Unknown, Name has gone on a tear, defeating and finishing some of the top names in the division. He made a huge impact inside Checkmate when he debuted against Ispa Murska (Who has a win over the current champ) and got a first-round knockout. He then turned around and got another first-round knockout against Marc Vos and then turned around and got yet another stoppage in the very first round against top-ranked contender Pierre Nikolas at Checkmate Fight Night 9, which earned him a rematch with Unknown! Now he will be given the chance to redeem his one and only setback and become the #AndNew Checkmate middleweight champion!
Who takes it?!?!?!?!?

20200605_012938.jpg

• Upvote 4