UFC 221 Romero vs Rockhold Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

Blaydes has an insane chin. Ngannou couldn't knock him out either. I'd take Blaydes over Ngannou in a five round rematch

Me too. I've been on his bandwagon since I saw him in a regional show years ago. He's getting better striking, but still struggles to transition between the two. Tonight he showed that he is making progress in that regards. Best TD's in the HW division by a wide margin, his top game is improving too. Future champ material, but he still needs to make some progress before he is ready.

• Upvote 1

You forgot to pick winners.

yeah, I'm not even going to bother recording his stuff.

too bad Romero couldn't make the weight.

578058c12577ff206c31028df6074d7c.png

• Upvote 1

Volkanovski is a monster. There's maybe two or three fighters at 145 I would favor over him.

that pressure against the cage ..wow ...

he played rugby they say right? no wonder ...

a killer

So, I guess what I read about Romero not getting a title shot if he won because of not making weight was false as he's going to face Wittaker next.

So, I guess what I read about Romero not getting a title shot if he won because of not making weight was false as he's going to face Wittaker next.

coming off of a loss he got an interim title shot ... sooo, weight issues are nothing mate :)

Josh Emmet got ranked top 5 after beating Lamas, coming to the fight over-weight ( Lamas took the risk and paid the price..props for him for taking the fight and it was him that had everything to loose ....

John Dodson recently rejected the fight with Munhoz coming over-weight .. it was understandable ...

What do you guys think of Rockholds reaction to Romero showing some sportsmanship and humility?

I felt like if I got KTFO by someone, anyone really I'd shake their hand and look them in the eye you know? I'd at least say something. Sore loser IMO. I mean Romero is a neanderthal sure but he's really a man of god. He was genuine in what he said after the fight so Rockhold being all sour just shows his true character.

Now I'm not Luke Rockhold, but if I had just gotten knocked the fuck out and wasn't sure what exactly was going on, the last thing I'd want is for the man who almost murdered me to slobber all over my face while I was trying to remember my own name.

The thing is Rockhold is a tough guy and if he got up too soon and was still ringing in the ears or like needed to recover he should have stayed the fuck down and let the medical team give him advice/tend to him. But he got up and so the neadnerthal thought he was ok and I guess some people feel bad when they hurt another human being which it seemed like Romero did and wanted to tell him that even though they were competing and one of them could have died and that is the nature of that job, he still loved his opponent as a human being and that he has a lot of respect for him as a martial artist and human. Now it came out as "'Ey! I lo' you! Go' lo' you! 'Ey! Tang you!" but I could still understand the sentiment and the general gist of it. Coming from a 40 year old neanderthal with limited brain cells, I actually found it quite touching and you can see that he really has faith in his religion and it is something that brings a guy like that, at that age through and inspires him to be a better person and keep competing.

Maybe I'm crazy.

And I have only been ktfo once in my life. I'm a lighweight and my older brother is a heavyweight. We had a verbal fight one day and I was yelling at him to hit me so.. he did. My head went danga-de-danga to each side when he hit me with 2 hooks to the side of the head and naturally I went down. I was not out cold and my eyes were open the whole time a lot like Rockhold in this fight. And there was like 10 seconds of me not being able to move. It's actually a very relaxing experience being ktfo. When I was able to gather my senses and get up off the floor my brother brought me to the kitchen and put some ice on my head and I guess I was not speaking too much. But that was because I was contemplating on the finer things in life. Like how I had gotten there, how anger and confrontations can be avoided and especially how you should never let a heavyweight hit you in the skull.

So I can see what you mean. But it's not like I couldn't face my brother after he just destroyed me. And he could have killed me for sure.

I see where you are coming from but I find that if he got up he could have idk acknowledged what Romero had just said because the body language was there even if the words could not be heard.