UFC 220

kenlow73

Mixed emotions amidst a division litered with drama.

Personally think DC has something to do with Jon Jones failed test. DC acted strange in the wake of it and it hasn't exactly changed while Jon Jones had no signs of any peds before or after that one test on the one day Jon Jones KNEW he had a test. All it takes is a small prick something so small Jones couldn't even notice to get sonething into his blood stream. Am I suggesting DC might have tampered Jones's blood system with a prick of his skin prior to weigh ins or something along those lines? Maybe, idk I wasn't there nor do I hace any concrete evidence to suggest it but man a lot of the whole situation just doesn't seem right and the fact that DC doesn't seem to deterred by the fact he got his ass whooped by someone who cheated with PEDS with the same words of "I don't know what to say" something about DC feels so disingenuine it's crazy. Jones on the other side had been getting drug tested pretty fucking heavily and was fully aware that the specific drug test he failed was going to occur on that day around that time. Jones was a true champ afterwords and it looked, seemed and felt like he had changed and was ready to go on a Conor like tear through combat sports.

USADA couldve also made Jones an example putting the fear of god in all of the fighters it tests. Suspending Jones would be the biggest statement the organization can make towards its stance against peds. And combined with Jones shady track recordthey found a perfect person to show their power on. Why would they do that? Why would DC do that? Because they know that public perception creates a reality regardless of the real truth of any situation. Now DC looks like UFC's golden boy in a division riddled with drama and now it doesn't matter if he can't beat Jones he's considered possibly the greatest Light Heavyweight of all time in the eyes of many based on record and era he fought in.

Do I really think any of this happened IDK (Cormier idk man seems like something a guy like him would do just to stay on top.)

As for this fight because of all that I said above plus Oezdamir being in legal issues I feel luke warm towards the whole thing and don't really feel like either man is fighting the best fighter on the planet within the division which I feel takes away from the title but hey last 2 years that belt hasn't been worn by the real champ idgaf what anyone says.

Peds no peds Cormier will, would, and did get his ass whooped by Jones and no amount of suspension can erase DC crying like a bitch after losing to Jon Jones a whole day later (and directly after)

• Downvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm going with the heavy hitters:

Ngannou by (T)KO - Ngannou is just a damn superhuman alien or some shit.

Oezdemir by (T)KO - Jones finally pushed DC's offswitch, so now it's easier for it to get pushed next time.

Haha complete opposites, you're going with the heavy hitters and i'm going with the craft smart vets.

I think DC and Stipe will get the wins based on experience. I have not seen enough of Oez to really rate him as a serious challenger and i think Stipe has a big enough brain to grapple with Ngannou, that said, if Stipe decides to strike with that dude, then i think eventually he will land that big left. Stipe has a good chin, but that shoe box hammer will probably be too much.

I would say DC has a 90% chance of winning and Stipe 70%.

I think DC and Stipe will get the wins based on experience. I have not seen enough of Oez to really rate him as a serious challenger and i think Stipe has a big enough brain to grapple with Ngannou, that said, if Stipe decides to strike with that dude, then i think eventually he will land that big left. Stipe has a good chin, but that shoe box hammer will probably be too much.

I would say DC has a 90% chance of winning and Stipe 70%.

90% is a good chance for DC. Volkan is good and has a ton of power but to me he has less power than Rumble and and his wrestling is far worse and DC destroyed Rumble in both fights. I haven't seen anything Volkan brings to the table that shows me he can beat DC.

If Stipe decides to strike with Francis I think he still wins. It would be smarter to take him down and wear him out but Stipe has better stand up and he has a lot of power himself. I feel like going into this fight people think that only Francis can knock people out but Stipe has just a good a chance of knocking him out.

90% is a good chance for DC. Volkan is good and has a ton of power but to me he has less power than Rumble and and his wrestling is far worse and DC destroyed Rumble in both fights. I haven't seen anything Volkan brings to the table that shows me he can beat DC.

If Stipe decides to strike with Francis I think he still wins. It would be smarter to take him down and wear him out but Stipe has better stand up and he has a lot of power himself. I feel like going into this fight people think that only Francis can knock people out but Stipe has just a good a chance of knocking him out.

But a lot of people i talked to somehow are buying into the Francis hype, i like the dude, reminds me a bit of Rumble, a guy with loads of power but has not been tested in the wrestling or ground. Stipe is one of those guys that can test him in those departments, so this should be the fight that exposes Francis.....................................or it could be one of those bombs against that end everything.

It ends up exactly as i predicted above in the 2 main fights. DC easily dominated that dude from Switzerland, it was pretty much a no contest as for Nganou, i was actually impressed with his chin. He had no takedown D after he got tired and the striking became irrelevant past the first 2-3 minutes. I think that he can still get better though, he is 31y old and has the tools, if he can get some proper cardio, work on the wrestling and learn to be a bit more technical with his strikes, i think that from a physical stand point he is one of the most impressive fighters we have seen for a while.

I was kind of disappointed that Miocic did not push for a stoppage, i think he was holding for a long time and burning time, it worked in the end but it was not what the fans wanted to see.