Sliders

Shortstacker

Good morning everyone,

Yes, another slider post!

This will sound incredibly dumb Im sure, and yes Ive read the help guides several times.

Now then, when it comes to say, kicks or punches. If I have it set dead middle, does that mean my fighter isnt going to throw kicks or punches?

Same question for aggro or counter. If I set it dead middle, what would my fighter be doing?

If it’s in the middle of the punch kick slider he will throw, on average, 50% punches and 50% kicks.

Same for the agg counter slider, he will be equally poised between the two. It depends on the opponents agg counter slider too - your fighter could end up being the more aggressive, so leading with shots, or he could be the more countering one.

• Upvote 1

If it’s in the middle of the punch kick slider he will throw, on average, 50% punches and 50% kicks.

Same for the agg counter slider, he will be equally poised between the two. It depends on the opponents agg counter slider too - your fighter could end up being the more aggressive, so leading with shots, or he could be the more countering one.

Copy that.

The sliders that say “read the instructions”, those are the absolute sliders, correct?

Incorrect. Almost all sliders are absolute. The non-absolute ones are that way mostly to prevent dumb stuff from happening. It's better to treat all sliders as absolutes when setting tactics.

Interesting, okay.

So the ones that say “read the instructions” are NOT absolute and the other 90% of sliders ARE absolute.

Thanks for the info!

Interesting, okay.

So the ones that say “read the instructions” are NOT absolute and the other 90% of sliders ARE absolute.

Thanks for the info!

No, not like that either. Those “read the instructions” are there to tell people to do exactly that, read the instructions. These instructions http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Fight_tactics . Especially pay attention to the Tactics hierarchy section, and how the sliders higher in the hierarchy have an effect on the sliders below them.

Like the hierarchy shows, on top is aggressor vs counter ( non-absolute slider, the engine does one or the other based on your sliders and some common sense factors ). You "choose" aggressor, the next choice is stay standing vs try takedown ( absolute slider, the game always does one or the other based on your sliders ). Next is yet another absolute choice between clinch vs stay outside, followed by a string of possible absolute choices until you "choose" an action to perform.

• Upvote 1

No, not like that either. Those “read the instructions” are there to tell people to do exactly that, read the instructions. These instructions http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Fight_tactics . Especially pay attention to the Tactics hierarchy section, and how the sliders higher in the hierarchy have an effect on the sliders below them.

Like the hierarchy shows, on top is aggressor vs counter ( non-absolute slider, the engine does one or the other based on your sliders and some common sense factors ). You "choose" aggressor, the next choice is stay standing vs try takedown ( absolute slider, the game always does one or the other based on your sliders ). Next is yet another absolute choice between clinch vs stay outside, followed by a string of possible absolute choices until you "choose" an action to perform.

I’ve read the instructions on more than a few occasions but can’t quite seem to grasp it.

Maybe I’m just a fucking idiot.

• Upvote 1

I’ve read the instructions on more than a few occasions but can’t quite seem to grasp it.

Maybe I’m just a fucking idiot.

Do you have a mentor that is actually helping answer your questions? If you need help, hmu in-game.

Only a year? You learn fast. But that's the truth, you learn by trying. Every failure is a step closer to success.

Well, looking back at my old fight results, it's actually more like 18 months before I started to really hit my groove. But it still at times feels like every failure is just one step closer to the next failure.

• Upvote 1

On the noob help forum you will find a thread call "everything you need to know about fighter creation". Choose one style of fighter and get good at sliders with that style. Then after every analyze what you did wrong with your soldiers and adjust after every fight. Then repeat with the next type of style of fighter. I have been doing this since I started this game.

On the noob help forum you will find a thread call "everything you need to know about fighter creation". Choose one style of fighter and get good at sliders with that style. Then after every analyze what you did wrong with your soldiers and adjust after every fight. Then repeat with the next type of style of fighter. I have been doing this since I started this game.

I'm still doing that to be honest.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...