Body Shots

SnapDragon

We already have the body gassing, winding of opponents, which when you read it feels like they're on the edge of being finished. Perhaps after three more heavy body shots there's a 5% chance of a fighter going down and submitting (strikes).

I don't think it'd be hard to implement. All it needs is the will!

There's definitely a thread discussing this somewhere. (It's not that ^ link though)

Well what determines the strength of the chin is a hidden right? So would it not be as simple as adding another hidden in addition to heart and energy and the other things that affect chin? I say simply loosely mind you, because i have no idea how easy or difficult it would be to implement, but it seems like everyone agrees with the concept. This is a sim after all.

Well what determines the strength of the chin is a hidden right? So would it not be as simple as adding another hidden in addition to heart and energy and the other things that affect chin? I say simply loosely mind you, because i have no idea how easy or difficult it would be to implement, but it seems like everyone agrees with the concept. This is a sim after all.

I'm pretty sure Heart is the hidden associated with energy recovery (cardio as well but it's not a hidden) as well as chin recovery after getting rocked plus between rounds.

• 3 weeks later...

But it would make the game engine broken. Simply because i myself would go striking just to the body. It gets your opponent winded, and you also have a chance for ko. So, you basically immobilize your opponent,and, in time, you'll get the KO anyways, as long as you have more energy, which means you execute more moves than your opponent does. If you don't get the KO - oh well, it's most probably a UD win for you since the opponent is winded. There would be no point in going for head strikes, as they have a larger percentage of a KO, but they don't really impact the fight in any other way if the fighter doesn't get the KO here.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a bad tactic coz you might get countered and KO in the head. No that wouldnt make the game engine broken as in real life that happens but i havent seen anyone go only for bodyshots and be successful. There are always ways to take advantage of the engine. Right now elbows at the clinch are an easy way to win by TKO(cuts) for example. So I think this could be a nice addition to the game but not necessary whatsoever

• Downvote 1