NFL 2017 Discussion

JLP

yeah 16 straight games

That's a big blow to both teams but the Bucs have a legitimate shot at winning the division and this won't help. But hey at the end of the day this is just a game, that hurricane on the other hand will do some serious damage and lots are going to have their lives turned upside down.

I haven't paid much attention to the rest of the league so I can't make educated predictions on them but for the Cardinals I think they will win the division with a 10-6 record. Our defense wasn't as impressive as it had been in previous years but I think they filled some holes in the draft. I don't see them contending for the Super Bowl but it's a weak division so it's very possible they take it this year. Seahawks are the favorites but I don't believe the gap between the 2 teams is very much. Ultimately if Palmer and Mathieu can stay healthy and David Johnson doesn't regress a ton I think we can take it but I agree with Deuce, this team has to figure out who their QB will be after this season. The team has a core of talented players in their prime and not having a decent QB will just be wasting their talent the same way they wasted Larry Fitzgerald's best years.

I haven't paid much attention to the rest of the league so I can't make educated predictions on them but for the Cardinals I think they will win the division with a 10-6 record. Our defense wasn't as impressive as it had been in previous years but I think they filled some holes in the draft. I don't see them contending for the Super Bowl but it's a weak division so it's very possible they take it this year. Seahawks are the favorites but I don't believe the gap between the 2 teams is very much. Ultimately if Palmer and Mathieu can stay healthy and David Johnson doesn't regress a ton I think we can take it but I agree with Deuce, this team has to figure out who their QB will be after this season. The team has a core of talented players in their prime and not having a decent QB will just be wasting their talent the same way they wasted Larry Fitzgerald's best years.

I like the Cardinals, but Palmer's age and the lack of a true #2 receiver is scary. If John Brown can manage to figure out how to replicate his 2015 season, then there is some hope. I'll throw this little stat out at you, Larry Fitzgerald had more receptions in his rookie year then every other WR on their roster (except John Brown) has caught in their career.

Fitzgerald had 58 catches his rookie year

JJ Nelson - 45 career catches

Jaron Brown - 55 career catches

Brittan Golden - 13 career catches

Chad Williams - 0 career catches (he's a rookie, so....maybe?)

I can personally say that Larry is a machine. He goes to this gym/fitness center in AZ and they specialize in all kinds of shock therapy and revolutionary training exercises. Top class facility. Any time he gets nicked up or doesn't feel like he's performing well enough (or if his teammates are doing good enough) he goes in there and works like an animal.

I'm not a fan of baseball at all, but a buddy of mine Seth Blair was pretty good player and he rehabs at the same place Larry goes, so I get to hear about his legendary routines and how motivated and determined he is. He's truly dedicated to AZ Cardinals and winning a superbowl there. He's had many opportunities to leave but he's loyal. AZ fans should LOVE him for his loyalty and the work he puts in. Incredible.

• Upvote 2

Well, didn't expect that kind of start for Kareem Hunt

Chiefs and Andy Reid have an effective system.

There's a reason why players produce over there. Everybody in the league has talent. It's about utilizing it and getting players to push for success and stay hungry after becoming millionaires.

Spencer Ware, West, Hunt... now throw somebody like LeVeon Bell in his offense and see the production.

After one game the beaaaarrrsssse send 2 to the IR. White is no big loss, as he's never actually contributed in the NFL. Freeman is a huge loss. He's a solid ILB and was the playcaller for the d.

Chicago has just been totally snakebit by injuries the last 5-7 years. A modern NFL team would look into this, the bears will do nothing.

After one game the beaaaarrrsssse send 2 to the IR. White is no big loss, as he's never actually contributed in the NFL. Freeman is a huge loss. He's a solid ILB and was the playcaller for the d.

Chicago has just been totally snakebit by injuries the last 5-7 years. A modern NFL would look into this, the bears will do nothing.

I was really hoping White would finally be able to show some of that 1st round pick ability, but after getting hurt again..........he needs a change of scenery or a new profession.

On the bright side they played a good game against the NFC champs, and Tarik Cohen looked promissing. But Freeman definitely was a tough loss.

The backup, Kwiatkowski, is a promising player. I think they planned on him taking over for Freeman next year, he'll just have to step up a year early. He is better in coverage, but nowhere near the tackler Freeman is. Freeman follows the trend of getting popped for PED's and then getting hurt all the time the following year when they are off of them.

I watched Watson's first start last night and I wasnt very impressed. He is far from NFL starting QB arm talent. Passes lack velocity and he is inaccurate. Texans had very little YAC, often the receivers needed to slide or leave their feet to get to the passes they caught. It looked to me that he had one look for Hopkins and then he either dumped to the back or tucked and looked to scramble. The scramble for the TD was nice, but if that's your QB's main way to pick up yards you need to look for another one right now to take over when they get hurt.

I watched Watson's first start last night and I wasnt very impressed. He is far from NFL starting QB arm talent. Passes lack velocity and he is inaccurate. Texans had very little YAC, often the receivers needed to slide or leave their feet to get to the passes they caught. It looked to me that he had one look for Hopkins and then he either dumped to the back or tucked and looked to scramble. The scramble for the TD was nice, but if that's your QB's main way to pick up yards you need to look for another one right now to take over when they get hurt.

Bengals have a really good pass rush. I think he did ok. About what I expected. He is a better version of Geno Smith with a higher ceiling imo.

Glennon and injuries are ruining my sunday. Bring in Trubisky for the second half.

Yeah, thanks for all the turnovers.

Always happy with a win.

But... Bucs left way too many points and opportunities on the field. The way the Bears played we should of put up 50. Bit disappointing we didn't capitalize more. Bucs will emphasize improving OLine and DB's after this season. DB's, including Hargreaves, are gonna bet toasted frequently. OLine, especially our tackles, are gonna give up their share of sacks too.

tbh the Bears churned up one of the most pathetic displays of offensive pro football I've seen in a long time. Drops, drops, drops. O-line played okay but that's it.

Half my Facebook friends are refusing to watch the NFL anymore until Goodell is fired and replaced with somebody who fines players for refusing to stand during the national anthem but the majority of them our on their couch if the song is played on the TV before the game.

• Upvote 2

Half my Facebook friends are refusing to watch the NFL anymore until Goodell is fired and replaced with somebody who fines players for refusing to stand during the national anthem but the majority of them our on their couch if the song is played on the TV before the game.

I'm firmly on the side of the players not being forced to do anything during the anthem, but the "do you stand at home?" argument is childish. Being present at an event entails a different set of standards of behavior compared to sitting at home, to bring that up at this point is just further obscuring the issues at hand. When you are sitting on the couch you are not the public face of a billion dollar organization.

I do enjoy how this is spiraling out of control for the NFL. There has never been an organization that panders to the military, firemen, LEO, and corny nationalism in general like the post 911 NFL. Now that they did a 180 and disrespected all the values they once went so far over the top to promote, things are going to get very sticky for them. I was kind of shocked they didnt see this coming back when Kapernick started it and were dumb enough to let all of the protesting get so far out of control and had the media actually go so far as to promote it nonstop.

It's a massive misread of their fan base. I don't think it will hurt them too much financially, if they were to back down a bit and try to deescalate the situation before next weekend. It looked today like that is not the plan though, NFL today on ESPN had two former players rail against trump for the first twenty minutes I watched before I turned it off. One of the two implied if you thought the protest was disrespectful to the nation or veterans then you are a racist.