DIS IS 2019 AWARDZ THREAD - BRAINSTORM

Monsieur.Camara

That is your opinion. How many awards did you win the past 2 years? Zero? So even if you consider my 4 awards being worth just 2, it is still 2 more than you have over the same period.

Personally i do not like the idea of reducing all these awards, if it was down to me, i would keep most, if not all of the previous awards. I mean why remove the "best submission", "biggest upset" etc. All these awards are polls anyway, there is no real criteria other than someone nominated you.

God damn, you are so great and shit.. Think there should be an award - Mentor of the year, where you would be the only one eligible

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

God damn, you are so great and shit.. Think there should be an award - Mentor of the year, where you would be the only one eligible

There is such an award and yes i won that won as well (i was not the only one eligible).

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managertrophies.php?MgrID=3503

:shades:

• 1 month later...

And there you have it folks

All categories have been posted, this year we have 23 categories (with 2 Unanimous winners ap no other contenders):

1)170
2)185
3)155
4)135
5)145
6)alliance
7)company
8)designer
9)avatar
10)fight upset: Vilson vs Aalzheimer
11)character
12)event poster (graphic)
13)265:
14)205
15)265+
16)kt:
17)grappler: "Tap Or Snap" Helio Kimura (217937): http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=217937
18)non ID org:
19)ID restricted org:
20)new manager: Hei Long King (129483): https://www.mmatycoon.com/mma_management.php?MgrID=129483
21)breakthrough manager:
22)writer:
23)manager of the year:
I`m gonna ask the community to please help me make sure the rules are enforced:
We have 3 rules at Fight Club:
1) No more than 5 alliance votes per category
2- You are not allowed to nominate or vote yourself, your fighters, your business, or your work(designs, writings, ect). Any self-nominations will be ignored.
3) I would encourage discussion (facts) on each thread but please no bashing. We can all be civil while making our points accross.
A huge thanks to everyone that collaborated on the brainstorming and for managers to keep trolling to a minimum during these procedures.
DEADLINE FOR VOTING: Polls will run until January 31st, 2020 at Midnight Eastern Time
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So just an update, this is probably the most succesful Awards season EVER (ratio) considering the number of managers active!

So many managers participating, so many close races !

Just wanted to give a huge thanks to all managers that have so far participated and remind everyone to please not bad mouth any nominees/nominations.

• Downvote 5

Awards were a complete joke in 2017 and 2018 and if you make a deep investigation, you can come to a conclusion that this was highly possible to be the reason for it: Annotation_2020-01-21_103622.jpg

But this year, the circus is at its peak, good job to the guy running(or maybe ruining) them. Totally no value in the awards anymore.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Awards were a complete joke in 2017 and 2018 and if you make a deep investigation, you can come to a conclusion that this was highly possible to be the reason for it: Annotation_2020-01-21_103622.jpg

But this year, the circus is at its peak, good job to the guy running(or maybe ruining) them. Totally no value in the awards anymore.

I disagree. You might not like me but you cannot deny that the awards this year have increased manager participation.

You are being extremely negative as always but the difference between this year and past years is that everyone is part of the process. I’m not Brophy who would just bend over backwards for his buddies or impressionable Jungle that just wanted to be liked.

This is what happens when things are done properly = participation increases

Nothing is ruined just like the hiddens option implemented by Mike ended up being a great option.

You are just overreacting like always.

Go get some air.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Honestly I thought Camara was trolling when he started up the awards thread initially. Even thought it was a smart & funny one, but then everyone kept going along with it.

No you didn’t .

We brainstormed for close to 2 months and have been it if for a few weeks.

Everyone was invited to participate and we went with the most popular ideas. Even Chuck’s and Mentor’s ideas/requests did not receive backing and thus were discarded.

Could we have done things better? Absolutely.

But the bottom line is participation has increased. Do you know, in any given election, what is a nation’s measure of success?

It is not who wins but simply participation.

The way your old buddies were running things in the past had so discouraged the managers that they barely voted.

If after 3 months you were still confused you could have reached out to me for clarification. My door is always open.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

By increased participation you mean humors' multis and him spamming newbies to vote for you? You are a joke Camara and everyone is seeing your pathetic schemes to get some fake recognition for your cherry picking and can crushing, but as you can see no one from the good players is taking you seriously.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I have no connection to the guys who ran it before. I just think picking the one guy who has lately been at odds with more or less everyone on the forums and is best buddy with Humors would have been a clever piece of trolling, even showing a bit of self-irony there. But looking back that last part was a giveaway of course.

• Upvote 1

I have no connection to the guys who ran it before. I just think picking the one guy who has lately been at odds with more or less everyone on the forums and is best buddy with Humors would have been a clever piece of trolling, even showing a bit of self-irony there. But looking back that last part was a giveaway of course.

You’d be surprise how many guys that supposedly I’m “at odds” with bankroll my projects , discuss strategy, but my VIP and exchange pleasantries before and after our fights.

It’s a game and we each play it however we choose to. I like to build my projects from scratch while some managers crawl Inch by inch to top 20 ranking in order to pick up someone else’s built fighters and perform.

The old guard seems to support the old ways while the new blood knows me, competes against me and respects me.

All the best.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1