TUF 17: Jones vs Sonnen

Kevin just doesn't have that "killer instinct".

I love how after the next fight was announced Jones said Kelvin has good wrestling, but Bubba has the better ground game and that wrestling doesn't win fights..................so correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kevin have the better ground game compared to Colin, but Colin dictated the pace of the fight with his wrestling????

Was really disappointed with Kevin, didn't really do anything the whole fight apart from landing a few punches at one stage and going for a submission towards the end of the fight. Colin Hart deserved this win. Team Jones gets their first win of the season.

Team Jones

Clint Hester

Josh Samman

Bubba McDaniel

Gilbert Smith

Colin Hart (W)

Adam Cella

Dylan Andrews

Team Sonnen

Luke Barnatt (W)

Uriah Hall (W)

Zak Cummings

Tor Troeng

Jimmy Quinlan

Kevin Casey

Kelvin Gastelum

Fight 4 (Jones Pick)

Bubba McDaniel vs Kelvin Gastelum

Don't really like the way Bubba goes on, so it'd be nice to see Kevin win. Bubba is probably the most experienced fighter in this seasons TUF and he currently has 26 fights - 20 wins and 6 losses. Perhaps being the more experienced fighter, this will give Bubba an advantage. Kelvin has won all 4 of his MMA fights and is undefeated. All of Kelvin's wins has been finishes, so we could see a finish in this fight.

*** WARNING SPOILER IN NEXT POST ***

Kelvin was impressive, very good fight, Bubba did well and imo will have to be one of the contenders for the wildcard pick.

Team Jones

Clint Hester

Josh Samman

Bubba McDaniel

Gilbert Smith

Colin Hart (W)

Adam Cella

Dylan Andrews

Team Sonnen

Luke Barnatt (W)

Uriah Hall (W)

Zak Cummings

Tor Troeng

Jimmy Quinlan

Kevin Casey

Kelvin Gastelum (W)

Fight 5 (Sonnen Pick)

Josh Samman vs Tor Troeng

Finally Josh gets to fight. He wanted to be the first fighter to fight and was complaining in the last episode of TUF saying that he was injured and prefered not to fight next, maybe this will affect his performance? Tor seems to be quite an experienced fighter and has had 19 pro MMA fights already winning 15 and losing 4, he hasn't been KO'd before. Josh Samman has had 11 pro MMA fights, 9 wins and 2 losses and has also not been KO'd before. He has beat former UFC fighter Chris Cope.

Personally, I hope Josh loses, he's annoyed me throughout this series.

I was happy to see Bubba lose. I thought he was annoying and I didn't like how they came at Gilbert in the first fight. Only person who annoys me more than Bubba so far is Josh.

Fight 5 (Sonnen Pick)

Josh Samman vs Tor Troeng

Finally Josh gets to fight. He wanted to be the first fighter to fight and was complaining in the last episode of TUF saying that he was injured and prefered not to fight next, maybe this will affect his performance? Tor seems to be quite an experienced fighter and has had 19 pro MMA fights already winning 15 and losing 4, he hasn't been KO'd before. Josh Samman has had 11 pro MMA fights, 9 wins and 2 losses and has also not been KO'd before. He has beat former UFC fighter Chris Cope.

Personally, I hope Josh loses, he's annoyed me throughout this series.

I hope Tor hammers his face in. Putting my dislike for Josh aside, I still think Tor wins this fight, just probably not as dominant and brutal as I'd like it to be.

Since when have you seen a 6ft 6 (iirc) Middleweight fighter? Think Luke's a good fighter but Chael should have probably picked Clint Hester and Uriah Hall first

Kendall Grove I think, and Corey Hill was pretty tall but I don't think he was a MW and I don't think he was 6 ft 6. I think Luke gets wrecked by Hester or Hall, but he is a good fighter, I just wouldn't of picked him first. The more I I think about it I think Chael just wanted to train with somebody that was really tall to prepare for Jon Jones.

Kendall Grove I think, and Corey Hill was pretty tall but I don't think he was a MW and I don't think he was 6 ft 6. I think Luke gets wrecked by Hester or Hall, but he is a good fighter, I just wouldn't of picked him first. The more I I think about it I think Chael just wanted to train with somebody that was really tall to prepare for Jon Jones.

I doubt Sonnen would find it hard to find a 6 foot 6 guy to spar with.