Heavyweight boxing division

JakeF

Sounds good that will give me a chance to decide who I am going to cut. So is this going to be like a turny with the winner getting the belt of just going to start matching us up and see what happens. Either way I am in, once my guy is created I will send you his ID. We allowed to test hiddens before we confirm or just create and go?

Id rather not make it as a tourney because whoever gets eliminated is probably going to sack his fighter. I think better to have regular fights and after some rounds, the two highest ranked fighters would go for the belt. Of course everyone is allowed to test hiddens, else if you would get bad hiddens you wont stick with the fighter for long. Id even say it is recommended to test hiddens and get a fighter with good ones for this. If people drop out of this it wouldnt be fun for the rest to fight the same opponents every time and this will probably die.

• Upvote 1

Long story short - Kings FC has a free 265+ division and I wanna check if there will be interest in boxing division with 18yo creations. Still haven't thought of the exact rules regarding clinch but if there is enough interest, I am open to suggestions. For sure there will be some minimum weight restriction(230-240 lbs for example) so there won't be exploits of the speed advantage. Could be running those as separate KT events to avoid takedowns and also to protect the org's MMA hype in the beginning. If we can get at least 20 fighters to participate, we will open the division.

I'll join

On second thought, it would definitely be with MMA rules setup. Only difference that might concern you is the knockdown scoring but I really doubt that with so big fighters and 10 rounds x 3 mins. there will be fights that end with judges decision. Main reason to go with MMA rules is to have the opportunity to book fights on the org's regular fight cards, because with people dropping out in future(which would definitely happen), people wanting different time to prepare for a fight and various other reasons, I believe that it will be very hard to build good KT cards and I don't want this initiative to harm the org. Also I don't see a point for your fighters in accumulating useless KT hype.

• Upvote 1

Let's leave it for Saturday, so everyone could be informed on time to create a fighter. My plans are first fights to be at least 4-5 weeks after creation date(Saturday, 6th of May) so everyone should have enough time to test, confirm a fighter and train, because fights will be 10 x 3mins. and your fighters would need some serious cardio. I have big plans for this division(maybe use it to headline PPV events after some time) and I am happy with the interest so far.

Just a little clarification considering SHIG(See How It Goes) slider because there were questions. You can read it on the info page, but even with 100% SHIG setting, your fighter needs at least 1% to some action so he would attempt it. Meaning, with 100% SHIG and 0 % takedowns, clinches, kicks etc. your fighter won't be attempting any of those.

• Upvote 1

I wouldnt mind beating some sense into my mentor inside a heavyweight boxing ring ;) After all, my fighters are known for their (T)KOs!

I'll see you there.

I'm in! But I thought you can only create a fight with a maximum of 5 rounds. Has this changed?

Oh shit, I was sleepy when I checked it last time, so I miss placed rounds and minutes.

Will be 5x3 then at start. After fighters get some cardio, might reconsider changing it to 5x5 but i think 5x3 is best. Any thoughts?

Id rather not make it as a tourney because whoever gets eliminated is probably going to sack his fighter.

Why not make it a league format then like the epl.Let say you have 16 fighters .Make the first round a double elimination (you have tpw win to fights to get through if you lose 2 you are out ). When your down to 8 make it a league format .AT this stage most all the fighters should have decent enough hiddens and nobody should be sacking.The bums should be weeded out in the first round.Top two when the league is over face each other fro the belt and winner of the tournament

Why not make it a league format then like the epl.Let say you have 16 fighters .Make the first round a double elimination (you have tpw win to fights to get through if you lose 2 you are out ). When your down to 8 make it a league format .AT this stage most all the fighters should have decent enough hiddens and nobody should be sacking.The bums should be weeded out in the first round.Top two when the league is over face each other fro the belt and winner of the tournament

I have long-term plans for this division. Not a fan of kicking people out because they lost a fight or two. It wouldn't have a tournament format, just a place to punch fight for some fun. I think it is something that the game lacks atm.

• Upvote 1

Could be a tournament that becomes a division too?

Like if 16 people start - those guys fight as a tournament.

When someone gets eliminated from the division - they can go to being a regular fighter etc.

Basically all that's happening is that the first 4 fights or so would be winners fighting winners. Probably end with a champ?

Could be a tournament that becomes a division too?

Like if 16 people start - those guys fight as a tournament.

When someone gets eliminated from the division - they can go to being a regular fighter etc.

Basically all that's happening is that the first 4 fights or so would be winners fighting winners. Probably end with a champ?

Actually, I like this idea and might do it that way, depending on the number of fighters signed.

Yeah, it's how you would end up booking the fights in the first place - except there's a belt / pride / some cash on the line.

Do KT rules man. I get that you think you won't hae enough fighters but I think you will.

Your gonna get ground and pound flavour text and you know someone is gonna fuck the sliders up and get a kick or take down in.

Put an advert in the tycoon times you'll get a lot of people interested. Especially newer managers as this is a good way of learning about the boxing in the game without having to add clinch and kicks to their arsenal. He'll that's why I'm doing it.

If someone is about to violate the boxing rules, he can violate them both under MMA and KT rules. Bigger problem is, what's the point for the org to gain both mma and kt hype? I am doing this to provide some fun and variety in the game but also looking to get some benefits for the org aswell.

Only thing that would differ is just the flavour text and i dont think it is really that important.

• Upvote 1

You can go into the clinch with KT too.

Anyone who breaks the rules can simply be kept inactive by the org - and blacklisted. Shouldn't be too tough right?