Slider Tip Thread

popart

Without giving away the secrets as it were, opponent research is also key. How do they fight? what do their offensive stats look like? if you can't find anything on that fighter, its a good bet that their manager uses similar tactics or has a system/style of fighter you can also learn from.

And secondly, you don't want to be too predictable. Failed takedowns take a lot out of you, so if you have your takedowns or clinch attempts set to high, and your opponent predicts that correctly, prepare for a short, exhausting night. Mix them up with strikes. Combos hit harder, but are easier to counter if you don't connect, so use them sparingly. mix up kicks (once or if you have good kicking) with your strikes, and use common sense on how much each kind of strike is going to take out of your fighter to throw, and how much damage its going to do to your opponent.

• 2 months later...

The number one deterrent for new players in my opinion, is a lack of slider knowledge. To me, it seems as though the only other thread with slider tips is outdated. Even more experienced players, like myself, still struggle with sliders. Not asking for blueprints for sliders, but any important tips for setting sliders would be super helpful. Thanks yall!

For me it was DEFINITELY money. I been playing for a year in a half, almost quit after 2 weeks

I remember getting $200 from the org owner where I fought my very first guys. Made a huge difference being able to afford a supplement :)

I didn't really mind being short on cash in the beginning, I saw it as part of the game scraping some together for myself and was enjoying that too. But when a huge load of cash (150K) was dumped on me out of nowhere, no message, strings or anything attached, it did allow me to start up a clothes company and get me a better income. From there on money was never really an issue even if I never had a lot of it. My secret santa was Power Shark, so thanks for that, but won't be pulling any punches in the upcoming fight vs Piano because of it.