Interest in a highlight making contest?

MMATycoon

Do you reckon we'd get much interest in an MMA highlight competition for VIP prizes?

From my point of view, I'd like to get the site's logo up on youtube etc. I also have some songs that I have always wanted to see an MMA highlight set to, so maybe you can have a bonus point for using any of those :)

Anyway... general interest from anyone?

Just wondering - if we use copyrighted videos (and most highlights do - I'm sure it'd be hard to make a really good one without doing so due to a majority of fight videos being copyrighted) in order to advertise for the game, couldn't you get into some trouble? I'd definitely be interested, and I don't want to be a downer, but I don't want the game/you to be getting into any shit.

Yes and no. As in yes it's illegal but no, I don't think they'd do anything about it. The thing with highlights, they're basically a free advert so I don't think they actually care that much. I think legally they have to ask for stuff to be taken down if they want to protect their copyright but I don't think they've ever taken action against anyone. I've made one highlight ever - a preview for Chuck vs Rampage 2. They left it up for months, until the fight happened, then they took it down. Basically free advertising for them. SO if it's done well, I don't think they'd ever care and would probably feel the opposite.

But wouldn't they feel differently if it was advertising something else, which is basically what it would be doing if we slapped a MMA Tycoon image in there?

You do bring up a good point, though - they'll probably just have it taken down as opposed to any actual legal action against the game.

I'm up for that, but have limited footage and am too scared to download since the digital economy bill was passed here in the UK lol.

To all the UK people here, maybe I'm being a tard, but is there a workaround to download using torrents... I know a lot of people lately whose ISP have shut down their net, and even record companies fining up to £200 for illegally downloading 1 album.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've got most of DREAM events on my PC, I bet I could put together a nice highlight video. I'm thinking of putting The Beatles - Across The Universe in the background.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...