UFC Fight Night Lawler vs Dos Anjos Pick'em Thread

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 kenlow73

kenlow73

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 7,762 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Video Editing, Music, Pro Wrestling, MMA, Bucs, Bulls, Boltz, Rays, Magic, Noles, Storm, and The UNLV Running Rebs.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:19 AM

I had it 50-45 RDA.  I think Lawler has really faded since his early WW title run.  His power isnt really there anymore.  Getting dominated by a former LW(even one that is very good) is pretty good indication that your best days are far behind you. 

I'd give RDA a title shot off of that performance.  Usman should fight Covington for the next shot after that.

df92ef245d927a5ee7a6ee206d95ebde.png

23844f55e258c7d5f0a812c3eb54b9ec.gif1490140446hxf_logo.png55c16b1bd76c7b2b605aa607029bf545.png

#22 LeonStolz

LeonStolz

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:31 AM

Really tough card. Looking back I don't regret picking Bofondo or Silva because those fights were pretty much pick 'ems, and Bofondo nearly KO'd Laprise.

I completely regret picking Trujillo and Canonier, though. I got too caught up in the fact the Makdessi is small for a LW but completely forgot that if you just stick and move on Trujillo he has no idea what to do. Trujillo is best in a brawl in Makdessi was definitely not going to give him one. I should have realized that.

Canonier looked absolutely horrible in his fight against Jan and seemed to be way too cautious. I think he was afraid of the takedown and that just seemed to completely stumped his usualy killer aggression. I should have assumed that the takedowns would ruin Canonier's gameplan because that has already happened to him in the past.

The Lamas and Cirkunov losses are what they are. I thought Emmet could KO Lamas but I was afraid to pick him after he missed weight, thinking that if he couldn't get the ko shot he would gas out and lose but that obviously didn't happen. Glover is always dangerous so I thought he could win, I just didn't pick him because at some point he's going to hit a decline and hit it hard but it wasn't today, so oh well.

Team_Lion_Pride.png

#23 bjornmma1

bjornmma1

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 8,940 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:27 PM

RDA looked like a beast. I have always been a fan of the guy; diverse skillset with very nice technique and great fight IQ.

144688237210gd6xc.jpg 2psljrc.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users