Advice on going to UFC event...

So I am going to be in vegas for a few days whilst road trippin through the US of A in May so i thought i may as well check out if there is UFC on... and what do ya know....UFC 187 (potentially best event of the fuckin year) is on!!! But to crush my excitement the cheapest ticket i could find on the website was like $230, fucking piss take. But when in Vegas right?!

Anyway, It is taking place in the MGM grand arena and the seats i would be looking to get are basically in the back 5-10 rows.. I was wondering if anyone has been to a UFC event with similar seats (or even at the MGM)? Could you tell me if it is worth the cash or not from your experience? I am sure the atmosphere will be sick but is the view shit etc? And I take it you can drink booze in the arena and shit? Maybe stupid questions but i wanna be sure..

incase anyone is wondering what ufc 187 card looks like: http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC187 Unbelievable..

• Upvote 3

I went to see 105 since it was in my city, it cost me about £200 i think which in dollars is around $375 i suppose..

It was well worth it for the event, there were people drinking, however i was young haha (12 to be exact)

But it was fucking awesome

Have Fun. I would pay 230$ for that card for sure! I'll be going to Vegas Jun 5-8 but no UFC events during that time :(

Yeah i think i'll go tbh. Can't miss out on an opportunity like that... Unlucky for you mate, I was so happy when i saw that event!

So I am going to be in vegas for a few days whilst road trippin through the US of A in May so i thought i may as well check out if there is UFC on... and what do ya know....UFC 187 (potentially best event of the fuckin year) is on!!! But to crush my excitement the cheapest ticket i could find on the website was like $230, fucking piss take. But when in Vegas right?!

Anyway, It is taking place in the MGM grand arena and the seats i would be looking to get are basically in the back 5-10 rows.. I was wondering if anyone has been to a UFC event with similar seats (or even at the MGM)? Could you tell me if it is worth the cash or not from your experience? I am sure the atmosphere will be sick but is the view shit etc? And I take it you can drink booze in the arena and shit? Maybe stupid questions but i wanna be sure..

incase anyone is wondering what ufc 187 card looks like: http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC187 Unbelievable..

Damn, all fights from main card could headline UFC Fight Night, also, we have Dodson, Hall, Namajunas, Don Hyun Kim.... WOW :) It is almost as good as Aldo/McGregor event :DD

Damn, all fights from main card could headline UFC Fight Night, also, we have Dodson, Hall, Namajunas, Don Hyun Kim.... WOW :) It is almost as good as Aldo/McGregor event :DD

UFC 187 shits all over UFC 189

For the record, the price should be well worth it, can imagine the entire arena would be electric the whole way through

The fight of The King of Favela and The King called McGregor is shitting on UFC 187 :D

UFC 187> UFC 189.

189 is just one big circus. 187 is fights, real fights.

UFC 187> UFC 189.

189 is just one big circus. 187 is fights, real fights.

Jones fight postponed because Jones was caught snorting coke 2 days before weigh-ins, Weidman - Belfort postponed because Weidman accidentally hurt his pinky in the sauna. Well, Nurmagomedov - Cerrone is a WAR.

The fight of The King of Favela and The King called McGregor is shitting on UFC 187 :D

More a battle between the deserving champ vs an overhyped Irish guy who talked his way to a fight. I like McGregor, but I hope he gets KTFO just so his fanboys shut up

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

More a battle between the deserving champ vs an overhyped Irish guy who talked his way to a fight. I like McGregor, but I hope he gets KTFO just so his fanboys shut up

Damn it man, McGregor will mop the floor with Aldo

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/BwsTIH5H8OE/hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I'm still impressed how he managed to get a title shot after beating a non top 10 guy. I will love to see the reaction of McGinger when he wakes up in the octagon and hears the words "And still...."

And that picture is super photoshop. The octagon is like a wall.

Damn it man, McGregor will mop the floor with Aldo

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/BwsTIH5H8OE/hqdefault.jpg

Who has McGregor beaten? Poirier, Siver, Brandao and Holloway..How many of them would you even consider to be top of the weight division?

McGregor MIGHT win, but to say he will mop the floor is the most delusional opinion I have seen. Aldo is a World Class MMA fighter, if he takes it to the ground, where is McGregor gonna pull his fancy strikes off?

Aldo will win this fight in the championship rounds.

Who has McGregor beaten? Poirier, Siver, Brandao and Holloway..How many of them would you even consider to be top of the weight division?

McGregor MIGHT win, but to say he will mop the floor is the most delusional opinion I have seen. Aldo is a World Class MMA fighter, if he takes it to the ground, where is McGregor gonna pull his fancy strikes off?

Aldo will win this fight in the championship rounds.

Poirier was either top 5 or ranked 6th at the time and has been at the top of the division for years. Dennis Siver was a top 10 mainstay. Holloway is clearly top 10. Brandao beat top 10 fighter Dennis Bermudez and is incredibly dangerous in the first round. None of the fights were even close. McGregor is obviously a top level featherweight.

Also, claiming McGregor is nothing but the sum of his "fancy strikes" is doing him a massive disservice. He throws a bunch of fancy kicks from far away, sure. The reason for this is that the most common way to deal with those kinds of kicks are to 1) step away (which means you can't do anything to him) or 2) step in and counter (which means you're stuck in the pocket with the best puncher at featherweight). The core of McGregor's game is his excellent hands and the kicks are just a way to force people into them.

I find it amusing that you think noted cardio monster Jose Aldo will win anything in the championship rounds. Sure, he looked good vs Mendes there. Other than that I distinctly remember both Hominick and Lamas beating the bejeezus out of him in the fifth.

• 2 weeks later...