Rogue FC

Official Rogue FC thread. Smack talk here, call out other fighters, do whatever really. I will also have event previews and such on this thread.

Thanks for being part of RFC and may the odds be ever in your favor! Aha.

MAIN EVENT: Urijah Saber (5-3) vs Mubaracus Duo (3-1), for the 145 lbs title.

In the main event we have an interesting matchup. Saber has a huge advantage on the feet, and Duo has a large wrestling edge. However, Saber holds a purple belt in BJJ, and has won twice via submission. Duo also holds a purple belt, but he was submitted for his only loss, and has never won via submission. Duo will have to try to take Saber down and use his dangerous G&P to finish him before Saber's grappling and striking finish the fight. Either way I don't see this fight going three rounds, and if I was pressed to make a pick I would go with Saber.

CO MAIN EVENT: Wang Hongwen (3-0) vs Braun Silva (3-1), for the 265 lbs title.

Wang Hongwen is an excellent wrester who backs it up with very solid striking. Braun Silva is a submission fighter who comes in with 2 of his 3 fights ending with his opponent tapping. However, this one won't end that way. Braun Silva will struggle to score a takedown, as his opponent has a large wrestling advantage, and if he can't get the fight to the ground he can't use his brown belt. His granite chin might allow him to survive the first, but there's no way he gets past the second unless he can score a takedown.

UNDERCARD BOUTS:

Russell Ives (3-2) vs Angelo Izzo (2-1)

Russell Ives is a good striker and wrestler who will use his wrestling advantage to prevent Izzo from scoring a takedown. Angelo Izzo will have a shot if it goes to the ground, but if Ives has any sense at all it won't Ives will slap him silly on the feet and should collect an easy win.

Maciek Barak (2-1) vs Jesse Carver (2-1)

Barak is as bad as you can possibly be in the feet, but he is a great wrestler. Carver has solid MT and a higher BJJ belt. If this fight ends in a stoppage Jesse Carver will be the one who ends it, but if it goes 3 I see Barak Lay and Praying his way to a decision victory.

Takeo Takeshi (1-1) vs Roc Martin (1-0)

Takeshi is good on the feet, but he has horrible wrestling and BJJ. Roc Martin should take him down at will and submit him.

Stephen Tatoy (0-2) vs Israel Cuzack (0-1)

Cuzack is outclassed in this fight, plain and simple. Tatoy can score a takedown whenever he pleases, and isn't at any disadvantage anywhere. Tatoy probably won't finish him, but Tatoy should score an easy victory here.

Dustin Johnson (2-0) vs Lebron James (1-6-2)

Dustin Johnson is a pure wrestler, and we’ll see if he can ground and pound his way into another victory. After winning just one of his first nine fights, James is desperate. His desperation will help him in the cage, but likely not enough to get the win.

Nathan Lee (0-1) vs Professor Nude (0-1)

If Lee can score a takedown, Nude will tap. But I don't think he can. Nude has the advantage is wrestling and standup and will slap Lee around if he has a decent gameplan.

Dan Ayers (0-3) v. Kamil Kotkiewicz (1-4)

Neither fighter holds a large advantage in any category in this fight, and it will come down to which manager has the better gameplan.

Jacoby Jones (0-0) vs Carlos Hernandez (0-3)

Neither guy has any large advantage in this bout, and once again it will come down to the gameplans the managers set up.

• 2 weeks later...

RFC FIGHT NIGHT ONE

MAIN EVENT: Charles Denton (0-0) vs Ricardo Gonzales (0-1)

This fight should be a great way to finish the night, as you will see two fantastic standup fighters go at it. Even though Denton't forte is clearly MT, it might behoove him to take this fight to the ground and try to submit Gonzales, who is poor on the ground. If he can do that, he has a shot, but in this battle of standup warriors I like Gonzales.

CO MAIN EVENT: Mike Bansa (1-0) vs Hulk Smash (1-0)

Hulk Smash was impressive in his RFC debut, catching Peter Shukoff in an armbar midway through the second. Bansa is no slouch himself, having an impressive arsenal of standup moves, but his self confidence could be his undoing in this fight. Hulk Smash will catch him moving forward, take him down and submit him.

UNDERCARD BOUTS:

Fred Cohen (0-0) vs Peter Shukoff (0-1)

This bout is a classic matchup of grappler vs standup fighter. Unfortunately for Shukoff, I see it going in favor of the grappler. Fred Cohen has a large wrestling edge and a huge BJJ advantage. Fans of Shuckoff had better hope he has trained up his takedown defense and defensive grappling, because if he hasn't he'll be in for a long night figuratively, and a short one literally.

Samuel Sloan (2-0) vs Larry Vickers (0-0)

This is the fight in the event I am the most excited about. If it stays on the feet, Sloan will end up facedown on the canvas wondering what his name is. But if it goes to the ground, which it most likely will, it's anybody's game. We should be in for a good one here folks.

Nedo Novcovic (0-0) vs Chester Haven (0-0)

This is a tough matchup for Novcovic. He has great MT, but he most likely won't get to use it, because if Haven has any sense he will take Novcovic down then use his purple belt to sub him. It's a tough call, because Novcovic is in my opinion the more talented fighter, but I see the young Croatian taking a loss in his first fight.

Jefferson Oliveira (1-0) vs Chris Johnson (0-0)

Oliveira is outclassed in this fight. Chris Johnson should collect an easy win here.

Sam Supranovich (0-3) vs Ashton Ellis (1-2)

Don't let the records fool you, these guys are both pretty good fighters. I think Ashton Ellis will pull this one out due to his large grappling advantage, but don't count Supranovich and his MT out. All it takes is one head kick to change a fight and a career.

Jason Frank (0-1) vs Oliver Miller (2-2)

It's a boxing vs MT battle in this one. Unfortunately for Frank, boxing rules this game. I think Miller takes this one, and gets his career back on the fast track Pat Boogie knocked it off of.

Lonnie Pickard (1-1) vs Victor Chapman (0-0)

I think that Chapman will start his MMA career off with a bang in this one. The only way Pickard has a chance in my eyes is if he Lay&Prays his way to a victory or gets lucky with a submission.

• 2 weeks later...

Interview with Oliver Miller:

Oliver, you were impressive in your last outing against Jason Frank, winning via TKO in the second. How did you prepare both mentally and physically for the fight?

"I really switched up my gameplan for this fight, instead of just trying to knock Jasons head off like I usually do in my fights, I really worked on my technique and tried to pick my shots."

Well clearly that strategy paid off. Coming off this huge win, what are your plans? Is there anybody you specifically want to fight?

"Nobody specific but my main goal is to get that belt around my waist so thats what I plan on doing"

That is a goal many share. What do you think you did wrong in your first title shot, and what will you do next time to make sure it doesn't happen again?

"in my first title shot I wasn't as aggressive with my striking as I hoped I would be and with some improved takedown defense and my new gameplan I should be able to get that belt for sure"

Well best of luck to you as you move forward in your career.

Apologies for the late preview boys.

RFC 11: BONEYARD PREVIEW

MAIN EVENT: BanEdsel Yongco (3-0) vs. Michael Fitch (3-1), for the middleweight title.

We will see two excellent grapplers go head to head in this main event. Although Michael Fitch should try to use his superior wrestling to keep this fight on the feet, I think he will try to take Yongco down and increase his submission streak to four. However, if he does take Yongco down, it will be a mistake. Yongco has deadly BJJ, and will submit him. If the challenger keeps it on the feet, I think the belt changes hands tonight. If not, Fitch could be in a world of trouble.

CO MAIN EVENT: Andy Graves (3-1) vs Konstantin Reichwein (2-1)

This matchup poses a lot of problems for Reichwein. His best attributes are his wrestling and his BJJ, but Graves is almost as good a wrestler, and a much better BJJ practitioner, plus he has the advantage on the feet. Reichwein's only hope is to L&P his way to victory, which I don't see happening. Graves will take this one either by submission or TKO by the end of the second.

UNDERCARD BOUTS:

Mark Ryan Devolder (2-0) vs Brody Tanaka (1-0)

Devolder was impressive in his RFC debut, defeating Mandrick Steele with a vicious triangle just 32 seconds into the fight. He should defeat Takana, who is making his RFC debut, almost the same way. Unless Tanaka has incredible takedown defense I see Devolder taking this fight to the ground and claiming his second RFC win via submission.

Blake Wallace (3-1) vs Marcin Kita (5-1)

This fight has the potential to be the fight of the night. We have an extremely evenly matched fight between a grappling QFC tournament champion and a title contending sprawl and brawl boxer. However, I talked with Blake yesterday and he didn't seem confident at all. In fact he all but wrote himself off. For this reason I like Kita in this one.

Pat Boogie (2-0-1) vs. Jason Patton (2-0-1), for the light heavyweight title

These fighters fought to an extremely exciting majority draw the first time around. Patton was furious afterwards saying "Those judges are a f***ing joke. I should have that belt around my waist right now." Regardless, he gets a second shot at the title, and let's see if it will be his grappling or Boogie's boxing that swings this fight.

Eddy Twinker (1-1) vs Ramon Bernardo (1-0)

In my early fight of the night candidate, two sprawl and brawl fighters will slug it out. I like Twinker in this one, and I wouldn't be surprised if he called for a title fight if he is able to pull out the victory.

Denny Chase (1-2) vs Christian Kahn (2-1)

This is something that you rarely see in MMAtycoon. A MT fighter against a wrestler. I think that Chase will get Kahn into the clinch and beat him up, unless Kahn can find a way to get him to the ground.

Adam Alvarez (1-3) vs. Pølsen Svans (1-2)

In a pure boxing/MT matchup I will almost always pick the boxer. The fact that he has a suspect chin only makes it worse for Alvarez. Svans should take this one via TKO and even up his record.

Mandrick Steele (1-1) vs Jin Sang Jung (0-3)

Jung is a great standup fighter, but has zero ground game, Steele is a great wrestler with zero striking. In matchups like this the wrestler almost always wins. Steele by decision.

RFC 12: Shockwave

Main Event: #1 HW/#2 P4P Wang Hongwen (4-0) vs #4 HW Russell Ives (4-2), for the heavyweight title.

Russell Ives earned his title shot after two impressive victories in his first two RFC fights, but unfortunately for him I don't see that streak continuing. Hongwen is a much better wrestler and boxer, and should collect his 4th RFC win, 2nd title defense and 3rd knockout.

Co-Main Event: #2 FW/#5 P4P Tim Hansen (4-2) vs #6 FW Ricardo Gonzales (1-1)

In my early candidate for fight of the night, the #5 P4P fighter in the organization will take on a dangerous boxer in Ricardo Gonzales. Gonzalez is a terrific standup fighter, but so is Hansen. If this fight heads to the ground Hansen will tap Gonzales but I don't see it going there. These fighters will most likely stand and bang with one another in what should be a great fight. I give Gonzales the slight edge in this one.

Undercard Bouts:

#5 HW Braun Silva (3-2) vs #8 HW Blake Luther (3-4)

Blake Luther has a huge standup edge, and good enough wrestling to make sure the fight never gets to the ground. Although hie has struggled lately I think that Luther will snap his 3 fight losing streak in this one.

#4 FW Takeo Takeshi (2-1) vs #8 FW Dan Ayers (1-3)

This should be a tremendous standup battle between Takashi's boxing and Ayers' MT. If I were a betting man I would take Takeshi, but this fight could go either way.

(NR) LHW Israel Cuzack (1-1) vs #7 LHW Jacoby Jones (1-0)

Two well rounded fighters will go at it in this one, and I can see it going either way. However, I think Jones holds a slight edge in this fight, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the kid from Baltimore Maryland improve to 2-0.

#10 MW Professor Nude (1-1) vs (NR) MW Lebron James (1-7-2)

If Lebron James can get tho fight to the clinch, he should batter Nude. But if Nude stays out of the clinch and on his feet he should pick up a nice TKO win.

(NR) HW Jay Voorhees (1-2) vs (NR) HW Jim Allen (0-2)

Jim Allen is outclassed in every way in this fight. However, Voorhees and his longtime manager recently went different ways, so let's see if that has any effect on this fight.

#9 FW Jesse Carver (2-2) vs (NR) FW Lonnie Pickard (1-2)

This should be an exciting bout. Pickard's only hope is to score takedowns early and often, and L&P his way to a decision victory. Carver is the better fighter, but I see Pickard taking this one.

#10 FW Mark Knight (0-0) vs (NR) FW Kamil Kotkiewitz (1-5)

This should be a fun fight to watch. Both these guys are definitely willing to stand and bang, but I think that Knight will take the TKO to begin his career with a win.

(NR) LW Jay Clemons (0-1) vs (NR) LW Anthony Roberts (0-1)

This figures to be an incredibly close fight, but I think Roberts should take the win and even up his record.

Post event P4P top 20 (*denotes champion):

1. #1 MW BanEdsel Yongco*

2. #1 HW Russell Ives*

3. #1 FW Tim Hansen

4. #2 FW Urijah Saber*

5. #1 LW Chan Sung Jung

6. #2 HW David Taylor

7. #2 LW Crash Holly*

8. #3 HW Wang Hongwen

9. #1 LHW Jason Patton*

10. #1 BW Kevin Riley*

11. #2 MW Andy Graves

12. #1 WW Samuel Sloan

13. #2 WW Mike Colorado*

14. #3 WW Bobby John

15. #4 HW Mary Ryan Devolder

16. #5 HW Braun Silva

17. #4 WW Omicron Periseven

18. #3 FW Takeo Takeshi

19. #2 BW Romeo Henanes

20. #3 MW Marcin Kita

Division Power Rankings:

1. Heavyweight

2. Featherweight

3. Middleweight

4. Lightweight

5. Welterweight

6. Bantamweight

7. Light Heavyweight

RFC 13: Throwdown

Main Event: #1 BW/#11 P4P Kevin Riley (3-0) vs. #3 BW Matt Preston (4-1), for the bantamweight title.

These fighters take a combined 6 finishes in 7 combined wins into this bout. The only safe bet in this bout is that it won't go to the judges' scorecards. These guys are both grapplers who prefer the top position, but Riley likes to work for submissions from the top while Preston looks to ground and pound his opponents into the canvas. This fight should be incredibly close, but I think Riley takes this one by submission to claim his second title defense.

Co-Main Event: #2 WW/#14 P4P Mike Colorado (3-0) vs. #4 BW/#18 P4P Omicron PerseiSeven (4-3), for the welterweight title.

Mike Colorado had a great comeback to claim the belt, but I don't think he'll keep it for long. PerseiSeven is a superior wrestler and BJJ practitioner, and I fully expect him to take Colorado down and submit his in the first or second round.

Undercard Bouts:

#3 WW/#15 P4P Bobby John (3-0) vs #6 WW Tyron Woodley (2-1)

This is a horrible matchup for John. Woodley has better standup and BJJ. Wrestling gives you the the ability to choose whether the fight is fought on the ground or the feet, but if you don't have an advantage in either place it doesn't help too much. Woodley by submission in the second.

#4 BW Jatukamramthep Vajiralongkorn (2-1) vs #2 BW Romeo Hernanes (4-1)

Unfortunately for him, Hernanes couldn't have drawn a worse matchup in his first RFC fight as he is no match for Vajiralongkorn on the feet. Hernanes does have way better BJJ, but he doesn't have the wrestling to be able to use that advantage. Vajiralongkorn by 1st round TKO in this battle of top contenders.

#7 HW Kevin Tatoy (2-1) vs #10 HW Angelo Izzo (2-2)

I hate to be a dick, but Izzo has zero chance in this fight. Unless he gets lucky and catches Tatoy he will lose a UD.

#10 BW Casey Jones (2-2) vs #5 BW Rubiao Macareno (3-2)

This should be a fun bout, as we will see a former title contender in Rubiao Macareno as a relative unknown in Casey Jones. Jones has KO power, but also a very suspect chin. I think Jones gets to Macareno's chin before Macareno gets to his, but either way this doesn't get past the first half of the first round.

#8 WW Wayne Kerr (2-1) vs (NR) WW Justin Ortiz (2-1)

This fight should be a battle. Kerr is a slightly better wrestler, and Ortiz has slightly better standup. We'll see if Kerr can get it to the ground or if Ortiz can use his takedown defense to keep the fight standing.

(NR) WW Sal Watson (1-2) vs (NR) WW Jermaine Lee (1-2)

These fighters will likely look to stand and bang, which should make for an exciting fight. Let's hope it plays out that way.

(NR) BW Mickey Otoole (1-1) vs (NR) BW Mohamed Samir (1-2)

This fight could go either way, but I think Mohamed Samir uses his boxing to scrape out a win.

#2 LW/#4 P4P Tarik Johnson (5-2) vs #8 LW Thiago De La Barbosa (1-0)

This fight will likely be all sweeps and submission attempts, and I think whoever takes this fight wins the title in their next fight.

RFC 14: Test of Wills

Main Event: #2 LW/#9 P4P Crash Holly (3-1) vs. #1 LW/#7 P4P Chan Sung Jung (6-0)

Striking: Neither guy incorporates very much striking into their gameplan, as they each attempted only one punch in their last outings. However, Holly has been knocked out before, which makes me question his chin. I'm giving the standup edge to Chan Sung Jung.

Grappling: Holly is a good wrestler and a better submission artist, holding a purple belt and 2 submission victories. However, it's hard to argue with the 6 submission victories under Chan Sung Jung's belt, so he gets the slight edge in grappling.

Prediction: Although I think this fight will be incredibly close, I like Chan Sung Jung by submission in the second round.

Co-Main event: #6 BW Jorges Valencia (3-1) vs #5 BW Jimmy Brooks (2-1)

Striking: Standup is Valencia's bread and butter. He was magnificent in his last fight, connecting on 18 of 19 strikes, and 6/9 combos. However, Jimmy Brooks also displayed good standup skills in his last bout, scoring on all 9 of his strikes on his way to a first round TKO. Brooks has the edge in the clinch, but if he can't get it there he's in trouble so I'll give the standup edge to Valencia.

Grappling: Brooks is a much better grappler, and he would be well served to use that advantage early and often.

Prediction: Valencia is the better striker, but I don't think he has the power to end the fight or the wrestling to avoid being outpointed by Brooks. I think Brooks gets a hard fought decision victory here.

Main Card:

#7 HW Kevin Allen (2-1) vs #9 HW Lesane Crooks (1-2)

Striking: Allen and Crooks have one common opponent, David Taylor. They both lost, but Allen landed 8/14 standup strikes while Crooks went 0/5 so I have to give the standup edge to Allen.

Grappling: Allen is the better wrestler and BJJ practitioner, so he gets the grappling edge.

Prediction: Allen wins a close decision.

(NR) LW Brad Black (4-6) vs #9 LW Timmy Newman (3-2)

Striking: If Newman has his way this fight will be fought entirely on the feet. He has a fantastic chin which he displayed in his title winning fight against knockout artist Bart Blast. He was dominated through the first 4.5 rounds, absorbing 35 head punches before countering an errant bodyshot with a combo that ended the fight. Black has virtually no standup, and instead chooses to shoot obscene amounts of takedowns hoping to get lucky. Newman gets the clear standup edge in this bout.

Grappling: The grappling battle should be fairly even in this bout. If Black chooses to spam takedowns again then he could be in trouble.

Prediction: Newman is the far more talented fighter, but he is really struggling to deal with the life of a professional MMA fighter. However, I think he will overcome his unhappiness and claim a 1st round TKO.

#3 LHW Oliver Miller (3-2) vs #9 LHW Alain Coyette (1-1)

Striking: Oliver Miller was impressive in his last fight, scoring on 34 of his 45 standup strikes. But he is no match for Coyette on the feet. Coyette is easily the best striker in the division, and may be the best standup fighter in the organization.

Grappling: Although formidable on the feet, Coyette might be the worst ground fighter I have ever seen. Miller should take him down early and often.

Prediction: Oliver Miller scores and easy takedown, passes guard easily and ground and pounds Coyette until the ref has to come and save him.

Undercard bouts:

#10 WW Barndon ODonnelly (1-1) vs (NR) WW Larry Vickers

Prediction: Vickers by 1st round TKO.

#10 MW Jefferson Oliviera (1-1) vs (NR) MW Lazar Christi (1-3)

Prediction: Lazar Christi by second round TKO.

(NR) LW Peter Shukoff (0-3) vs (NR) LW Harvey Grant (1-1)

Prediction: Grant by 1st round TKO.

(NR) BW David Pony (2-2) vs (NR) BW Wes Sloggett (1-3)

Prediction: Pony by 1st round TKO.

(NR) LW Mike Bansa (1-1) vs (NR) LW Derrick Williams (2-2)

Prediction: Derrick Williams by UD.

• 2 weeks later...

RFC 16: A New Breed

Main Event: #1 HW/#4 P4P Russell Ives (5-2) vs #4 HW Mark Ryan Devolder (3-0), for the Heavyweight title.

Striking: It is amazing that Devolder has been able to rise so far up the ranks with striking so poor, but I think that this is the fight that will expose him as the horrific striker he is. Ives has a huge edge in this area of the fight.

Grappling: Ives and Devolder are both solid wrestlers, but Devolder's brown belt makes him the best grappler not only in his division but in the entire organization.

Prediction: Devolder shouldn't even survive the first minute, let alone the first round. Ives retains his belt by KO in the first.

Co-Main Event: #1 FW/#5 P4P Tim Hansen (5-2) vs #4 FW Takeo Takeshi (3-1), for the Featherweight title.

Striking: If this fight stays on the feet it should be incredibly exciting. Hansen only attempted 3 standup strikes in his first RFC bout, but that doesn't mean he doesn't possess serious striking skills. Takeshi is an accurate striker, connecting on 47% of his strikes in his last fight, but he has zero power so I have to give the standup edge to Hansen.

Grappling: If this fight hits the mat Takeshi is in serious trouble. Hansen has a purple belt and three submission wins to his name.

Prediction: Hansen wins by submission in the second and claims the first belt of his career.

Main Card:

#3 HW/#14 P4P Wang Hongwen (4-1) vs #7 HW Angelo Izzo (3-2)

Striking: Hongwen controlled the battle on the feet in his title loss to Russell Ives. He hit on 72% of his standup strikes and avoided 72% of Ives' strikes. In fact, if Ives hadn't gotten lucky with a submission he would still be wearing the belt today. Izzo is purely a ground fighter, and is completely outclassed on the feet in this matchup.

Grappling: Izzo is a decent grappler, holding one submission victory. But he is totally outclassed in this area of the game as well. It appears the only way to beat Hongwen is to submit him, but if Honwen is smart this fight will never hit the mat. He holds a large enough wrestling advantage that his white belt shouldn't put him in too much jeopardy.

Prediction: Izzo really doesn't belong in the cage with Hongwen, and Hongwen should pick up a first round TKO.

#6 HW Braun Silva (4-2) vs (NR) HW Mandrick Steele (2-1)

Striking: Steele is a great ground striker, but he doesn't have a large arsenal of standup strikes. Silva isn't exactly intimidating on the feet either, but he is good enough to beat Steele up pretty bad.

Grappling: This fight most likely will be fought entirely on the ground, and although Steele is a great wrestler with tremendous G&P Silva's brown belt is tough to bet against.

Prediction: Silva by first round submission.

#6 LHW Jacoby Jones (2-0) vs #8 LHW Ryan White (1-0)

Striking: Jones may be the most powerful striker in the division, which allows him to get away with rather poor technique. But if you're looking for poor striking technique look no further than Ryan White. He's such a horrible striker that the edge will go to the other guy no matter who he is.

Grappling: Despite his horrible striking skills, White is an excellent grappler. He should take the fight to the ground early and often.

Prediction: White by second round submission.

Undercard Bouts:

#8 FW Mark Knight (1-0) vs #7 FW Victor Chapman (2-0)-Knight by 2nd round TKO

(NR) HW Blake Luther (3-5) vs (NR) HW Mark Feasel (1-1)-Luther by 2nd round TKO

(NR) FW Dan Ayers (1-4) vs #9 FW Ricardo Gonzalez (1-2)-Gonzalez by UD

(NR) MW Kofi Kingston (2-8) vs (NR) HW Professor Nude (1-2)-Nude by UD

(NR) FW Kamil Kotkiewitz (1-6) vs (NR) FW Lonnie Pickard (1-2-1)-Pickard by UD

• 4 weeks later...

RFC 19: Bad Intentions

The Underground, Los Angeles

*Preview*

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/weaponxvideos/BADINTNEW.png

*MAIN EVENT*

[C] Eddy "Twinked" Twinker (3-1 MMA, 3-0 RFC) vs. Frankie "The Real Deal" Ostrowski (6-1 MMA, 0-0 RFC)

Our Main Event of the night is a Light Heavyweight title bout between Eddy Twinker and Frankie Ostrowski. Champ Eddy Twinker enters this bout with an undefeated three fight RFC streak. He made his RFC debut in fashion back at RFC 7 where he KO'd Denny Chase in just 37 seconds of the first round - with a slam, his only takedown attempt since joining RFC. None of his three fights withing the organization have gone past 1:50 in the first round. All of them have been brutal knockouts. His fights don't last long to discern whether or not he's got much of a ground game, but his boxing and KO Power are evident. After securing the title in his last fight where he defeated champion at that time Jason Patton, he now looks to defend his newly acquired belt against RFC new blood Frankie "The Real Deal" Ostrowski. Ostrowski comes to RFC with a 6-1 record. 4 (T)KO's, 1 Submission, and 1 Decision. "The Real Deal" is almost as deadly a boxer as Twinker with 3 out of 4 of his Knockout wins coming in the first round. However what he lacks in comparison to Eddy in Boxing is made up in his ground game. Frankie is a good wrestler and with one of his wins coming via submission and the only loss of Eddy being by submission, Ostrowski might just look to bring this fight to the ground and avoid the risk of trading blows on the feet with Twinker. This fight should be an explosive one for sure!

PREDICTION: This fight doesn't make it all 5 rounds, let alone 3. Twinker via KO in the 2nd Round.

*CO-MAIN EVENT*

[C] Andy "Gravedigger" Graves (5-1 MMA, 4-1 RFC) vs. Dustin Johnson (4-0 MMA, 3-0 RFC)

The Co-Main Event is a Middleweight title fight between Graves, and challenger Johnson. Gravedigger was RFC's first ever Middleweight champion, submitting Blake Wallace in the first round back at RFC 3. He fell short in the following title defense however against fellow submission specialist BanEdsel Yongco, taking Yongco down but getting caught in a Triangle before he could lock in a sub of his own. Graves fought his way back to a rematch with BanEdsel in a long and gruling ground war of positions and submission attempts before finally catching Yongco late in the 4th with an RNC. Tonight he'll try to finally successfully defend his title against the young Dustin Johnson. Johnson is a Ground and Pound kind of guy, normally taking his opponents down to the canvas and beating them up for 15 minutes to secure a decision victory. We've seen he's not all wrestling however, having defended 6 takedown attempts in his last fight against a submission fighter not unlike Graves himself. Between stuffing all those takedowns, Dustin used his hands and eventually put his opponent to sleep early in the 1st round. I predict he will try to implement the same type of gameplan for this fight. The question is - will he be able to defend the takedowns from Graves as well as he did his last opponent? And if he does, can he finish Grave on the feet?

PREDICTION: I think Graves will manage a takedown somewhere and the 26 year old submits the 19 year old. Graves via Sub in the 2nd Round.

*MAIN CARD*

Wang Hongwen (4-2 MMA, 3-2 RFC) vs. Brody "Short Fuse" Tanaka (2-1 MMA, 1-1 RFC)

The last fight going into the main events is a Heavyweight bout between Wang Hongwen and Brody Tanaka. Hongwen is RFC's former HW Champion and it's first ever HW Champion. Wang was 3-0 in RFC with two KO's in the first round and one decision victory in his first title defense. His second title defense was back at RFC 12, against Russell Ives. Hongwen is a powerful wrestler with great boxing to back it up. In each round of his fight with Ives he'd look for the takedown and proceed to lay down GnP until the round was over. He was winning three rounds to zero. In the 4th Hongwen took Ives down again, and pounded on his face some more. A momentary loss of focus late in the 4th however gave Ives the one chance he needed and Hongwen got caught in Ives' 10th and final submission of the night, submitting Hongwen with a triangle. In his next fight Wang again took his opponent down and again got caught in a triangle. His opponent for tonight is Brody Tanaka. Tanaka is a well rounded fighter looking to make a name for himself in RFC, coming off of a first round submission victory. This could be bad news for Hongwen, whose only losses have been coming via subs.

PREDICTION: I'm thinking Hongwen has learned from his mistakes and keeps this standing. Hongwen via KO in the 1st Round.

Oliver "The Lion" Miller (3-3 MMA, 2-3 RFC) vs. Jason Patton (3-1-1 MMA, 2-1-1 RFC)

Our next match of the main card is a Light Heavyweight showdown featuring Oliver Miller and Jason Patton. Oliver Miller has had a back and forth career here in RFC. He's coming off of a loss where he just couldn't land the takedowns he wanted against a more talented striker, tiring himself out and getting knocked out. That being said, Miller is no slouch on the feet himself. He has a 5 second KO victory under his belt with an additional 2 more (T)KO victories. His main weakness seems to be on the ground. His opponent, Jason Patton, is the kryptonite to his superman. Patton is a Ground and Pound specialist and former RFC LHW Champion. He first fought for the belt against Pat Boogie back at RFC 7, resulting in a majority draw. In the rematch Patton came back determined not to let the judges decide the outcome, beating Boogie up on the ground in the first and (T)KO'ing him 17 seconds into the second. Coming off of his first career loss where he tried to defend his title for the first time, Patton will be looking to climb back to the top to get that belt back around his waist.

PREDICTION: Patton's takedown offense is 77% to Millers 33% takedown defense. Patton via TKO in the 2nd Round.

Konstantin "Morder" Reichwein (3-3 MMA, 2-3 RFC) vs. Chuck Robinson (3-1 MMA, 0-0 RFC)

Next up is yet another middleweight fight. We have Konstantin Reichwein who will take on RFC newcomer Chuck Robinson. Konstantin is coming off of a 1st round submission over Lazar Cristi. Konstantin is a wrestler and good BJJ practitioner, both of his RFC wins coming by sub. He also has two losses by sub however. The man that will be facing him tonight is Chuck Robinson, making his RFC debut. Robinson comes to the organization with 3 first round (T)KO's, none going further than 1:09. He's coming off of his first loss however, his only fight to go to a decision. Robinson is a great striker and he carries some serious power in those hands of his. But the only opponent of his that ever went for takedowns landed a few of them and rode out a decision win, which makes me question his ground game.

PREDICTION: Konstantin has sloppy takedowns but his wrestling is better than Chucks. Reichwein via Sub in the 1st Round.

Tommy "Rawr" Slammer (2-2 MMA, 2-1 RFC) vs. Drake "D-Rock" Ka Uhane (2-1 MMA, 1-1 RFC)

Kicking off our main card is a Middleweight match up between Tommy Slammer and Drake Ka Uhane. Slammer is a Muay Thai fighter and is riding a 2 fight win streak, 1 KO and 1 Decision. After both fights Slammer called for a title shot but Kris felt he wasn't high enough in the divisions rankings to get a match like that yet. A win against the man across the cage tonight however would be a big step up in Tommy's rank and could possibly earn himself a number one contender fight. That man across the cage though is Drake Ka Uhane, and "D-Rock" will not go down without a fight. Drake is also riding a 2 fight win streak, also 1 KO and 1 Decision. Where Tommy is a Muay Thai fighter, Drake is a Boxer. Both fighters like to keep the fight standing, so we should see an entertaining stand up face off tonight.

PREDICTION: Tommy has a really hard time landing strikes and is even worse at dodging them. Ka Uhane via KO in the 2nd Round.

*UNDERCARD BOUTS*

[155 lbs] - Masato "The Katana" Koga (1-0 MMA, 1-0 RFC) vs. Fred "The Freak" Cohen (2-1 MMA, 2-1 RFC)

PREDICTION: Cohen via Sub in the 1st Round.

[205lbs] - Alain "The Creep" Coyette (2-2 MMA, 2-1 RFC) vs. Kyle "Kickass" OToole (1-2 MMA, 1-1 RFC)

PREDICTION: Coyette via KO in the 1st Round.

[145 lbs] - Victor "The Pacifist" Chapman (2-1 MMA, 2-1 RFC) vs. Dan "Damage" Ayers (1-5 MMA, 1-4 RFC)

PREDICTION: Chapman via Unanimous Decision.

[185 lbs] - Alois "Woulda" Wutawanashe (2-2 MMA, 0-1 RFC) vs. Professor "<3" Nude (1-3 MMA, 1-3 RFC)

PREDICTION: Wutawanashe via Unanimous Decision.

RFC 20: Massacre

The Underground, Los Angeles

*Preview*

http://i42.tinypic.com/11ikfuf.jpg

*MAIN EVENT*

[C] Russell "The Bus" Ives (6-2 MMA, 4-0 RFC) vs. Kevin Allen (4-1 MMA, 3-1 RFC)

The Main Event of the evening puts the Heavyweight title on the line between Russell Ives and Kevin Allen. Russel Ives was the first man to dethrone what looked like an unstoppable Wang Hongwen back at RFC 12, giving Ives his first win by submission. Capable both on the feet and the ground, "The Bus" aims to defend his title for the second time in a row tonight and increase his undefeated RFC record to 5-0. To do that the man he must overcome is Kevin Allen. Allen is an excellent boxer and holds some of the best KO power in the division. After demolishing a dangerous BJJ specialist and RFC newcomer Jeremy Coleman at RFC 18, Allen took hold of the microphone and proclaimed that his only loss to David Taylor (who has since gone MIA) was a fluke. He also that he could beat anybody in the division and that he deserved a title shot. That was the second time in a row Allen called for a shot at the belt, and his impressive steamrolling of Coleman granted him that chance tonight.

PREDICTION: I like both fighters but I think we see the belt change hands here tonight. Kevin Allen via (T)KO in the 2nd Round.

*CO-MAIN EVENT*

[C] Tim "Bam Bam" Hansen (6-2 MMA, 2-0 RFC) vs. Austin "Hollywood" Worner (12-15 MMA, 0-0 RFC)

The Co-Main event is a Featherweight title fight between Tim Hansen and Austin Worner. A solid boxer with with a purple belt in Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu, Hansen uses his striking to create openings where he uses his quickness to shoot in for a takedown. Once he's dragged his opponents to the ground he uses his BJJ to look for the quick submission. He'll be looking to defend his RFC title for the first time again RFC newcomer Austin Worner, a veteran of 27 fights in the cage. Not unlike "Bam Bam", Worner also likes to take the fight to the floor and lock in the finishing submission. Though his win/loss ratio isn't anything to boast about, experience is a powerful weapon that "Hollywood" definitely possesses.

PREDICTION: This is a close fight to call, but I'll go out on a limb here. Hansen via Unanimous Decision.

*MAIN CARD*

Mark Ryan "Big Kid" Devolder (3-1 MMA, 2-1 RFC) vs. Braun "Anaconda" Silva (5-2 MMA, 2-1 RFC)

Our final fight on the Main Card is a heavyweight bout between Mark Ryan Devolder and Braun Silva. Two former title contenders. Two submission specialists. "Big Kid" Devolder is looking to get back on track, coming into this fight off of his first career loss where he fought for the belt against current HW Champ Ives. While both men tonight are brown belts in BJJ, the edge Mark holds is in his wrestling. His grappling skills seem to be a small step ahead against his opponent. Braun Silva's slight advantage over Devolder however is his striking. While he hardly uses it very much in his fights, Silva has some skill in boxing. Coming into the RFC with with a resume that got him a title shot right away, "Anaconda" fell short in a decision loss to Hongwen. Since then he's racked up two straight submission wins and if he defeats Devolder tonight he'll get another shot at gold.

PREDICTION: A close fight to call. Silva via Submission in the 3rd Round.

Michael "Funky" Fitch (4-2 MMA, 2-1 RFC) vs. Kofi Kingston (3-8 MMA, 1-3 RFC)

Next up is a Middleweight fight between Michael Fitch and Kofi Kingston. Fitch is an absolutely strong wrestler, possessing possibly the best wrestling in the division. He's got an average takedown success rate of 80% and once he gets you on the floor he puts his purple belt in BJJ to work, having finished all his victories via submission. The man across the cage is Kofi Kingston. Although he has a rather poor record in his career and in RFC, he's coming off of his first win in ages and when an opponent couldn't be found for Fitch, Kingston manned up and signed the fight contract. A well rounded fighter, Kofi is hoping to show everybody tonight that he deserves to be in the upper echelon of the division and that records don't mean jack.

PREDICTION: There's really no doubt in my mind about this one. Fitch via Submission in the 1st Round.

Mark "The Dark" Knight (2-0 MMA, 2-0 RFC) vs. Charles "The Dentist" Denton (2-2 MMA, 2-2 RFC)

In the Featherweight Division Mark Knight is up against Charles Denton. "The Dark" Knight is a heavy handed boxer who is always looking for that KO finish. In his only two MMA fight's he's manage to throw an astounding average of 75 strikes per fight. His accuracy is the only flaw in his striking game, landing only 25% of strikes thrown. A victory tonight could mean a shot at the winner of Hansen verses Worner for Knight. First he'll need to get past Charles Denton. A solid Muay Thai fighter, "The Dentist" is on a two fight win streak just like Knight, and also not unlike Knight, Denton prefers to stand up and trade with his opponents. However where Mark throws mostly only punches, Denton mixes it up with both punches and kicks.

PREDICTION: This doesn't go all three rounds. Knight via (T)KO in the 1st Round.

Jacoby "The Choppa City Juke" Jones (3-0 MMA, 4-0 RFC) vs. Christian "The Crusher" Khan (4-1 MMA, 4-0 RFC)

Our first main card fight is a light heavyweight one where we have Jacoby Jones squaring off against Christian Khan. Jones is strong sprawl and brawl fighter and currently undefeated in his career. He's been tearing up the LHW division, notching up three straight (T)KO victories. His striking is deadly accurate and his takedown defense is amazing. A win here tonight could very likely earn him a shot at the belt. But before he can even think about that, he has to go through Christian Khan. Like Jones, Khan has been clearing a path through the division coming into this fight with four straight victories, all by TKO. He's a strong wrestler with arguably the most dangerous GnP in the organization, averaging 13.4 out of 16.6 ground strikes per fight (81%). Also a title contender, a win tonight means a lot to both men.

PREDICTION: While Khan is a great wrestler, I don't see him getting past Jacoby's takedown defense. Jones via KO in the 1st Round.

*UNDERCARD BOUTS*

[145 lbs] - Ricardo "Speedy" Gonzales (2-2 MMA, 2-1 RFC) vs. Lonnie "Prometheus" Pickard (2-2-1 MMA, 1-1-1 RFC)

PREDICTION: Pickard via Sub in the 1st Round.

[135 lbs] - Rubiao "The Flash" Macarenco (3-4 MMA, 1-3 RFC) vs. "Magic" Mickey Otoole (2-2 MMA, 2-2 RFC)

PREDICTION: Otoole via Unanimous Decision.

[185 lbs] - Lebron James (2-8-2 MMA, 1-3 RFC) vs. "Polsen" Sebastian Svans (2-3 MMA, 1-1 RFC)

PREDICTION: Svans via Unanimous Decision.

[155 lbs] - Sandro "One Love" Rizzo (0-1 MMA, 0-1 RFC) vs. Chris "Evil" Everett (0-2 MMA, 0-2 RFC)

PREDICTION: Rizzo vis (T)KO in the 1st Round.

RFC 21: All Or Nothing

Hayashi's Lounge, Los Angeles

*Preview*

http://i42.tinypic.com/20fx2dz.png

*MAIN EVENT*

[C] Romeo Hernanes (6-1 MMA, 2-0 RFC) vs. Sam "Killer" Keller (7-1 MMA, 0-0 RFC)

Our Main event of the evening is a Featherweight Championship fight between Romeo Hernanes and Sam Keller. Hernanes is a grea striker that likes to mix it up with both punches and kicks, landing a good percentage of strikes thrown against his opponents. While lacking a bit on KO power with zero wins by (T)KO, he prefers taking a different route by beating his foes up with strikes on the feet in in the clinch to score a decision victory, of which he has 4. The Challenger, "Killer" Keller, comes into the RFC as a former champion of two different divisions and a record that earned him his shot at RFC gold tonight. Not unlike Hernanes, Sam is also a striker that like to overwhelm his opponents with punches on the feet. I give Keller the edge on the feet, packing more power. But Hernanes has the edge on the ground with two submission victories to Keller's zero.

PREDICTION: This fight doesn't get to the ground and we see a stand up war. Keller via Unanimous Decision.

*CO-MAIN EVENT*

Omicron PerseiSeven (6-3 MMA, 4-1 RFC) vs. Sal "Smash" Watson (3-2 MMA, 3-2 RFC)

Our Co-Main Event of the night is a Welterweight Title fight between Omicron PerseiSeven and Sal Watson. Omicron has had a successful career here in RFC, with wins over some of the divisions toughest competition. He first secured his title back at RFC 13 where he completely dominated champion at the time Mike Colorado, dragging him to the ground and peppering him with strikes for four rounds before finally knocking him out with strikes. He has since then defended his title one time. Omicron favors the gameplan of taking down his opponents and picking them apart with ground and pound the whole fight unless they get knocked out. Across the cage from him tonight is the only man in RFC history to ever defeat Omicros, Sal "Smash" Watson. Watson both made their debut in RFC back in the organizations very first event. Omicron applied his usual gameplan, but Sal's sprawl n' brawl style prevailed as he defended all three takedown attempts and caught Omicron with a vicious uppercut in the first round.

PREDICTION: In this highly anticipated rematch of welterweights I see history repeating itself. Watson via (T)KO in the 1st Round.

*MAIN CARD*

Matt "The Rogue" Preston (5-2 MMA, 2-1 RFC) vs. Casey Jones (4-2 MMA, 3-2 RFC)

Our final fight in the main card is the first of two rematches tonight in the Batamweight divsion where Matt Preston and Casey Jones square off once again. Preston is ground and pound fighter, using the skills he learned as a state champion wrestler in high school in his transition to MMA. "The Rogue" has a pretty simple plan going into each of his fights. Take you down and pound your face into the canvas. He applied this to his title fight back in RFC 13 verses Kevin Riley but ended up digging his own grave, letting his back get taken and losing via RNC. The number one contender fight prior to that title match was against none other than Casey Jones. After having lost to Preston, Jones has been on an impressive streak notching up two wins in a row via UD. And once again he finds himself within reach of another shot at the belt, and once again his opponent is "The Rogue". He'll be looking to avenge his loss here tonight and finally get that title shot he's been salivating for.

PREDICTION: I don't think young Jones' game has improved enough. Preston via (T)KO in the 1st Round.

Dagonet "The Irishman" McLoughlin (6-3 MMA, 0-0 RFC) vs. "The Starship of Pain" Galaxy Nexus (6-0 MMA, 0-0 RFC)

We have two more Welterweights here making their RFC Debuts tonight with Dagonet McLoughlin and Galaxy Nexus. Dagonet is a heavy handed boxer who prefers his fights to stand on the feet where he tries to score a knockout victory. Galaxy Nexus is just about the opposite of that. An amazing wrestler, Nexus likes to shoot for takedowns and pepper his opponents with ground and pound. A win here could possibly earn the victor of tonights bout a shot at the winner of tonights Main Event.

PREDICTION: The streak increases. Nexus via (T)KO in the 2nd Round.

Tyron "The Chosen One" Woodley (3-2 MMA, 2-2 RFC) vs. Justin Ortiz (4-1 MMA, 4-0 RFC)

In the Welterweight division we see Tyron Woodley against Justin Ortiz. Woodley is a grappler that takes you down and controls you until he either secures the decision or sneaks in a submission. Ortiz is a young prospect currently undefeated in RFC. A sprawl and brawl fighter, Ortiz has been making his way slowly through the division taking out all those who have stood before him, 3 of his 4 wins coming via (T)KO.

PRECITION: Woodley's in a funk and Ortiz is on a win streak high. Ortiz via KO in the 1st Round.

Jimmy "Baby Face" Brooks (3-2 MMA, 2-2 RFC) vs. Ilias "Judoka" Illiadis (3-3 MMA, 0-0 RFC)

Our first fight of the main card is in the Bantamweight division where we see Jimmy Brooks taking on RFC newcomer Ilias Illiadis. Brooks is coming off of a title fight loss against Hernanes that went the distance and earned him a Fight of the Night award. Former Mob Enforcer Brooks is a brawler that overwhelms you with loads of wild strikes both on the feet and in the clinch. Illiadis is the opposite of brooks, a grappler who prefers taking you down and using his purple belt in BJJ to make you tap out.

PREDICTION: Books via Unanimous Decision.

*UNDERCARD BOUTS*

[155 lbs] - Brad "The Bulldozer" Black (5-7 MMA, 3-2 RFC) vs. Mike Bansa (2-2 MMA, 1-2 RFC)

PREDICTION: Black via Unanimous Decision.

[170 lbs] - Larry "Vicious" Vickers (1-2 MMA, 1-2 RFC) vs. Ashton "Ashbringer" Ellis (3-3 MMA, 2-3 RFC)

PREDICTION: Ellis via Unanimous Decision.

[185 lbs] - "The Titan" Rey Malapitan (3-6 MMA, 0-1 RFC) vs. Lazar "The Shark" Cristi (1-5 MMA, 1-3 RFC)

PREDICTION: Malapitan via Submission in the 1st Round.

[145 lbs] - "Kml" Kamil Kotkiewicz (1-7 MMA, 0-3 RFC) vs. "T-dog" Tim Mosby (0-2 MMA, 0-1 RFC)

PREDICTION: Kotkiewicz via Unanimous Decision.

I think the previews are great by the way! Adds an extra element that I think we all enjoy. Keep up the wonderful job!

Agreed. Plus they really help you get a sense of where your fighters stand in relation to the rest of the division.