Pick'em League (PFL8) July-December 2018

This is going to be the eighth pick'em league thread. I'm going to take the picks from the individual pick'em events for all UFC PPV's and Fight Nights that happen on Fox/FS1/FS2 and Main Cards (Depending who is on the rest of the card unless you guys tell me we should do the full card ) from FXX/Fight Pass Events/TUF finales (if I remember) starting with TUF Finale Tavers vs Adesanya and will end with the last event of December The list below is the events UFC.com has on their schedule, it will be updated as they add more or change things.This is a pay to play league with all money to be distributed to three prizes in the end. Winners will be determined by amount of fights picked right, losses will determine tie breakers. I usually post the next pick'em as soon as I tally the results of the previous one but the card can change (possibly numerous times) between then and the the day of the fight. So, if you make your picks right away, you might what to check back closer to the day of the fight. Any pick not made (they added a fight, they changed a fighter and you didn't change or make your pick) will be recorded as a NP (No Pick). Draws get thrown out. Also with PTP, people who make picks in the pick'em threads that haven't paid will not be included in the league. The fee is 20k and go ahead and send it to me when you like prior to the fight night listed above. So, if you're interested please reply to this post.

In the case that somebody wants to join the league after the season begins (and that person has been known to be questionable), I will put it to a vote. The members of the league (and only the members of the league) will vote (either by replying to the vote post, by pm or in chat.) In case of a tie, I will cast the tie breaking vote.

Kenlow-Paid

Gonzasco-Paid

Fallen Angel-Paid

Rei-Paid

MasterLeader

Big Larry-Paid

Jeff Ramrod-Paid

Butch Harris-Paid

Jacman-Paid

Timqwe-Paid

Rory-Paid

JLP-Paid

PJ Jones-Paid

Fujitsu-Paid

Total:

Prize Pool:

300k from HXF
323197 from Rory
37100 from Rei
151599 from JLP
20k from PJ Jones

Overall Rankings:

c8518f686eb88d1ec29b335ad9d46104.png

TUF Finale Tavares vs Adesanya
(Friday, July 16, 2018)

TUF Finale Tavares vs Adesanya Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC 226 Miocic vs Cormier
(Saturday July 7, 2018)

UFC 226 Miocic vs Cormier Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Dos Santos vs Ivanov
(Saturday, July 14, 2018)

UFC Fight Night Dos Santos vs Ivanov Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Smith vs Shogun
(Sunday, July 22, 2018)

UFC Fight Night Smith vs Shogun Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Alvarez vs Poirier
(Saturday July 28, 2018)

UFC Fight Night Alvarez vs Poirier Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC 227 Dillashaw vs Garbrandt 2
(Saturday August 4, 2018)

UFC 227 Dillashaw vs Garbrandt 2 Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Gaethje vs Vick
(Saturday August 25, 2018)

UFC Fight Night Gaethje vs Vick Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC 228 Wodley vs Till
(Saturday September 9, 2018)

UFC 228 Woodley vs Till Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Hunt vs Olenik
(Saturday September 15, 2018)

UFC Fight Night Hunt vs Olenik Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Manuwa vs Santos
(Saturday September 22, 2018)

UFC Fight Night Manuwa vs Santos Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC 229 Khabib vs McGregor
(Saturday October 6, 2018)

UFC 229 Khabib vs McGregor Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Volkan vs Smith
(Saturday October 27, 2018)

UFC Fight Night Volkan vs Smith Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC 230
(Saturday November 3, 2018)

UFC 230 Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Edgar vs Korean Zombie
(Saturday November 10, 2018)

UFC Fight Night Edgar vs Korean Zombie Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Magny vs Ponzinibbio
(Saturday November 17, 2018)

UFC Fight Night Magny vs Ponzinibbio Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night Blaydes vs Ngannou 2
(Saturday November 24, 2018)

UFC Fight Night Blaydes vs Ngannou 2 Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

TUF Heavy Hitters Finale
(Friday November 30, 2018)

TUF Heavy Hitters Finale Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night
(Saturday December 1, 2018)

UFC Fight Night Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC 231
(Saturday December 8, 2018)

UFC 231 Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC Fight Night
(Saturday December 15, 2018)

UFC Fight Night Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

UFC 232
(Saturday December 29, 2018)

UFC 232 Pick'em Thread

Event Rankings

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in

This would be the place to discuss any changes or issues you had with the prior season, like your problem with how I do the overall rankings.

This would be the place to discuss any changes or issues you had with the prior season, like your problem with how I do the overall rankings.

Well youre the boss but id like to see if two guys had joint wins and one had more losses for the guy with more losses to be ranked below the other guy.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

The only change on the floor is how I do rankings. Currently if two people are tied but one has more losses I rank the person with the more losses higher because they picked more fights than the other person. MasterLeader feels that the person with less losses should be ranked higher. Should this be changed?

I agree with Ken. Reward the try-hards

Thats illogical though - the try hards are already rewarded in the fact that they get more chances for wins.

For example this season if I only made 141 picks and got 141-0 I wouldve come 3rd despite the fact that I did so well whereas someone else was like 141-71 and would be above me. I wouldve had 71 chances to get more wins and fair enough wouldve finished 2nd behind the 142-70 person but I dont deserve to be 3rd.

Im not asking to change it to % wins Im saying the guy with fewer losses should be ranked higher.

I agree with the theory, buy there is also another issue on the other side of things. Let's say said player misses one of the toughest cards like a Fight night event from Singapore for instance. Because they missed that event and everyone else got there picks in and did poorly. That one guy shouldn't have been rewarded because they didn't participate.

I say the current system stays, if you miss a event that's your fault. Unfortunately if you get thrown in jail and forget to make your picks or you have a hangover moment and end up on Bangkok I feel bad for you but still you missed out. It's not the end of the world though.

I agree with the theory, buy there is also another issue on the other side of things. Let's say said player misses one of the toughest cards like a Fight night event from Singapore for instance. Because they missed that event and everyone else got there picks in and did poorly. That one guy shouldn't have been rewarded because they didn't participate.

I say the current system stays, if you miss a event that's your fault. Unfortunately if you get thrown in jail and forget to make your picks or you have a hangover moment and end up on Bangkok I feel bad for you but still you missed out. It's not the end of the world though.

But it's pretty much impossible that you're going to get every fight on that card wrong. So someone missing that card will still be at an disadvantage