Recommended Physical Attributes

The answer to this question is rather subjective. Different managers with different goals are going to give you very different answers.

One constant that would be recommended by all would be to bring cardio and strength up to remarkable or higher. The effect of these elements are very easy to see in fights at any level of the game and are relatively easy to train.

What should be said is that physicals are used in every aspect of the game. These attributes allow your fighter to get the most out of his skill set so are key to a fighters success.

Think of the best fighters

If wrestling based think GSP: well rounded but primarily speed and agility

It kinda depends on the fighter but conditioning is the most beneficial in the long run and strength is easy to train too

All fighters should have 12 cardio b4 they have their first fight. Anything less than that and you're liable to get gassed and become a punching bag or get subbed/knocked out. Which is not to say that having 12 cardio is going to make you auto win. If you have a bad fighter sometimes getting gassed or turning into a punching bag are inevitable. As far as every other physical goes: you would do well to get everything else to about 11 but when strength reaches 12 it will cover your fighters hiddens if there is anything there to see on the tale of the tape. when strength gets to 12 "ko power"(not to be confused with "big right hand" or "heavy handed" will show up on the tott. If he gets agility to 12 and has nothing else as high it will show "very agile" (i think). If your flexibility gets to 14 and nothing is as high in physicals then "extremely flexible" will show on the tott. It takes 14 cardio to get "cardio machine" or "good gas tank" on tott. once speed reaches 12 and there are no other physicals as high then "very quick" shows on tott.

the only exceptions to this are if ur fighter has a granite chin in which case he will always show "granite chin" unless flexibility is 15++(or somewhere around max) and will only show half the time.

• Upvote 2

Wow Lefeye, you broke that information down to molecules lol Thanks for the great insight. In general, trying to balance the fighter over the long haul seems to be the goal, depending on how anxious the manager is of course.

if you want to know what to level first: it depends on your fighters style. a primarily striker will need high agility, strength, cardio and a lesser amount of speed. a lot of ppl just dont care and max out all the physicals but i dont think this is a good tactic anymore since there is a total points limit. easiest to start leveling is strength and cardio. remember not to train either 2 times in a day. its best to work yoga and cardio or weight and yoga together as yoga takes little energy and weights and cardio are heavy on energy consumption. yoga will work your flexibility and slightly ur agility and balance. best way to train physicals tho is on a circuit trainer but i tend to favour specific circuit training to max out my fighters most important physical first.

so for strikers the most important physical is agility. (this is hand/striking speed)

for wrestlers the most important physical is speed(which is foot speed ie movement speed) and then maybe balance(which is ... balance. helps to establish a good top game and to stay on top of a guy as well as stuff takedowns) after that.

a bjj expert will need high flexibility to execute submissions off his back . (idk if flexibility is used for top submissions)

strength and cardio are both just as important to all fighter so best to max them imo then max the next physical based on ur style.

always happy to help

:toot: god i hope thats not a dildo this fella's holding. actually who am i kidding? that would be awesome if that was a dildo!

seriously though... what is that strange object he's holding?

• Upvote 2

The general guide to what physical is important is very good.

However I've been looking into this, and it is my opinion that certain physical attributes are over emphasized.

It is my suspicion that strategy—whether you go aggressive or counter and damage vs accuracy for instance—has a far greater effect over what physicals become important.

all fighters should have 12 cardio b4 they have their first fight. anything less than that and ur liable to get gassed and become a punching bag or get subbed out. which is not to say that having 12 cardio is going to make u auto win. if u have a bad fighter sometimes getting gassed or turning into a punching bag are inevidible. as far as every other physical goes: u would do well to get everything else to about 11 but when strength reaches 12 it will cover your fighters hiddens if there is anything there to see on the tale of the tape. when strength gets to 12 "ko power"(not to be confused with "big right hand" or " will show up on the tott. if he gets agility to 12 and has nothing else as high it will show "very agile" (i think). if ur flexibility gets to 14 and nothing is as high in physicals then "extremely flexible" will show on the tott. it takes 14 cardio to get "cardio machine" or "good gas tank" on tott. once speed reaches 12 and there are no other physicals as high then "very quick" shows on tott.

the only exceptions to this are if ur fighter has a granite chin in which case he will always show "granite chin" unless flexibility is 15++(or somewhere around max) and will only show half the time.

Wait big right hand doesn't mean KO power? What does it mean then?

ko power is just regular ko power that comes from 12+ srength its not anything special just means ur guy has some big muscles but hes not guaranteed to be koing granite chins and big hearts etc. if ur fighter has 11 or less strength and shows big right hand on the tott this is a more powerful ko power that can more often than not ko a granite chin and other forms of resilient fighters and will be even greater once u bring the fighters strength higher.

• Downvote 1

ko power is just regular ko power that comes from 12+ srength its not anything special just means ur guy has some big muscles but hes not guaranteed to be koing granite chins and big hearts etc. if ur fighter has 11 or less strength and shows big right hand on the tott this is a more powerful ko power that will be even greater once u bring the fighters strength higher.

Thanks a bunch man I had no idea.

who on earth downvoted my post... its a friggin fact what i wrote!

sorry if im "giving away" the secrets of the game but what many old managers dont realise is that if u dont help noobs, then this game will NEVER grow. NEVER. you want to be the best and be on top with 999 active managers and dropping? well good luck with that but i want a game thats competitive and has a lot of people playing it so i choose to help noobs and tell them the "secrets" of the game that more than half the active managers already know about. the old tycoon is gone so stop trying to "preserve" the "secrets" because they're not secrets they should be facts in a new users guide.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thanks again Lefteye, the information you presented is very helpful. I hadn't considered flexibility to assist with BJJ as I was under the impression it was mainly for delivering head kicks. The point you bring to light does make sense for BJJ ground submissions. In terms of Striker, I assume that both Boxing and Muay Thai are in that realm, though obviously Muay Thai has strikes with elbows and knees that need to be considered in the skill distribution points as well, though a Boxer would probably want some Kick value for low kicks to help keep the opponent at a distance so the punching can be more effective.

CardiffWanderer (cool avatar by the way), tactics definitely are key because on paper, I have seen some of my fighters who would more than likely lose end up winning because of tactics, or at least i assume that, especially when my fighter was a few years younger. I understand there are variables in the game that can't truly be planned, as in real life, but it's possible that many noobs, myself included, set the tactics either a bit too aggressive or too held back, depending upon the fighter and abilities of course.

CardiffWanderer (cool avatar by the way), tactics definitely are key because on paper, I have seen some of my fighters who would more than likely lose end up winning because of tactics, or at least i assume that, especially when my fighter was a few years younger. I understand there are variables in the game that can't truly be planned, as in real life, but it's possible that many noobs, myself included, set the tactics either a bit too aggressive or too held back, depending upon the fighter and abilities of course.

You do realise this is fixed? Download Ultimate MMA Simulator. Your champios will have a record of like 20-11.

It's not like your Greg Jackson and you pull off these "tactics" and win fights, it's very minor. For example, if I do a lot of takedowns, it will go for lots of takedowns, that's the only one really.

The rest is very generic, like a fortune cookie, if the tactics do as you planned like twice out of 10 times, you believe it was all due to the tactics, false. Just like if 20 got a fotune cookie saying "you're going to have an awesome summer", somebody is going to have one, so to them it's true.

• Downvote 4

You do realise this is fixed? Download Ultimate MMA Simulator. Your champios will have a record of like 20-11.

It's not like your Greg Jackson and you pull off these "tactics" and win fights, it's very minor. For example, if I do a lot of takedowns, it will go for lots of takedowns, that's the only one really.

The rest is very generic, like a fortune cookie, if the tactics do as you planned like twice out of 10 times, you believe it was all due to the tactics, false. Just like if 20 got a fotune cookie saying "you're going to have an awesome summer", somebody is going to have one, so to them it's true.

The game is not fixed, and making such accusations is detrimental to all involved. It is especially poor form to post such things in the noob forum.

It is true that the game are full of nuances and everything you plan isn't going to happen. This is down to the fact that you are pitting your wits against another human player who is also trying to implement their gameplan. At some points, the two ideas are going to cancel one another out.

The skill is learning how to use this to your advantage.

• Upvote 1

the "automatic" part your talking about is the SHIG slider which is: see how it goes. this is based on the fighters intelligence and should not be set high if your fighter is not very intelligent. since many rarely get iq test results in the mail, they have opted to set all their fighters by default to 75%+ follow my orders in order to ensure their fighters dont make dumb mistakes. i dont do this with all of my fighters because even though i may not have iq results for all of them i still can gauge a ballpark of whats safe in SHIG based on their previous performances. but i dont reccommend this for all players as it is safest to make them follow orders until u know they are a smart finisher or have their iq results. see how it goes means your fighter is going to try different things not in his gameplan based on how effective his current gameplan is working. so if his gameplan of standup fighting is failing he'll either try to clinch up or take down his opponent and try to finish the fight where he has more success. maybe this is the unpredictable part you are talking about? also remember that every fighter will have all different levels of hiddens so you will not always be turning out champions just because they are young 18 year olds training for 6 months. thats the point of checking hiddens in the qfc and finding good starter orgs to test your fighters in (which is safer than the qfc). you can always release your fighter if they are bad. i know ppl still let tons of projects go every day for very small things. the pickiest managers are probably the best in this game.

NateDiaz209, I can see your point in terms of "random" occurrences in fights that have nothing to do with the Tactics set. Conditioning, Strength, or a lucky punch that has enough on it for a KO may very well overcome sensible Tactics.

Lefteye, I definitely haven't played long enough to know if any of my fighter's is considered intelligent enough to pull off more of the "See How It Goes" rather than "Follow The Gameplan". Thus far I've been making fighters on The Island but I should probably make one outside of The Island so i have an opportunity to join an ORG that welcomes new fighters and I can test said new fighter against other youngsters (assuming they're between 18-22 I guess). That may very well be an option I should pursue.

the "automatic" part your talking about is the SHIG slider which is: see how it goes. this is based on the fighters intelligence and should not be set high if your fighter is not very intelligent. since many rarely get iq test results in the mail, they have opted to set all their fighters by default to 75%+ follow my orders in order to ensure their fighters dont make dumb mistakes. i dont do this with all of my fighters because even though i may not have iq results for all of them i still can gauge a ballpark of whats safe in SHIG based on their previous performances. but i dont reccommend this for all players as it is safest to make them follow orders until u know they are a smart finisher or have their iq results. see how it goes means your fighter is going to try different things not in his gameplan based on how effective his current gameplan is working. so if his gameplan of standup fighting is failing he'll either try to clinch up or take down his opponent and try to finish the fight where he has more success. maybe this is the unpredictable part you are talking about? also remember that every fighter will have all different levels of hiddens so you will not always be turning out champions just because they are young 18 year olds training for 6 months. thats the point of checking hiddens in the qfc and finding good starter orgs to test your fighters in (which is safer than the qfc). you can always release your fighter if they are bad. i know ppl still let tons of projects go every day for very small things. the pickiest managers are probably the best in this game.

Of course tactics matter a bit, but as I said, luck is the main factor in this as its a text simulated game. You re not Greg Jackson, but if you think you are, get down to the gym and see how picky you are then.

• Downvote 3