Tips for Running a Successful Org?

mrfuji21

I am pretty sure that if you book an event for 10 events then only end up with 8 or 9 or whatever then you will take a big hit. Whereas if you only book it for 8 and all of them go off there will be no hype hit. I am about 99.9% certain of this. The only part I am not sure of is whether booking a smaller show can earn you the same amount of hype as a full card. I would think that it will not and while it won't hurt you per se, it will not be as good as a full 10 fights that all go off.

I haven't really noticed any difference when I arrange a 10 fight event and only get 9 show, but I mean that in as much as I can't see any real deviation from my normal results. The reality could be that if I did have that extra fight I'd actually see significant gains instead. With 8 fights on a 10 fight card I definitely see less results but I put that down to less fights = lower aggregate fight and event rating.

I always mean like farmers do with the fields ;)

Unless we're talking about New Zealand or New Zealanders, then I am talking like farmers do with the sheep.

And it isn't shear them, cos it's their sheep and Kiwis won't shear their sheep with anyone.

I am pretty sure that if you book an event for 10 events then only end up with 8 or 9 or whatever then you will take a big hit. Whereas if you only book it for 8 and all of them go off there will be no hype hit. I am about 99.9% certain of this. The only part I am not sure of is whether booking a smaller show can earn you the same amount of hype as a full card. I would think that it will not and while it won't hurt you per se, it will not be as good as a full 10 fights that all go off.

I have noticed that booking 10 and running 9 doesn't make much of a difference. Having two or more empty slots is much more of a punishment.

I don't know the reality of the situation, but the logical thing would be this: booking 8 and running 8 would hurt your attendance. Less people would buy tickets. However, you would get an accurate hype result. Booking 10 and running 8 would give you full attendance (the fans bought thinking they would see 10 fights), but your event rating and hype would suffer because the fans who showed up would feel ripped off.

I don't know if this is the way it really works, but it is how I have always assumed it to work. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Where are you located? It's really tough to recruit fighters in any city really. I am still looking at less than fifty fighters in my org and I got two people doing the recruiting. Some people just never log on again some refuse for no apparent reason, some simply never reply t your offer at all. Of those that do accept then you have to deal with the guys that go inactive all the time or refuse every single fight you send to them unless the fight favors them so heavily that it's just stupid. Running an org is tough. Without a doubt it is the toughest business to run in Tycoon. But stick with it and hammer away at it until you get it where you need it to be. Then with any luck you will have established yourself enough to get a better crop of fighters because they have heard of you and can see that you have been around for awhile.

Something else I have discovered is that the orgs that have event previews and reviews and good smack talk reads tend to attract attention. People love that stuff. So start a smack talk thread and police it well, to prevent the thing from spiraling into the toilet and you might find people willing to join just for the smack talk.

Hilo got about 24 fighters got that many offers out sending contracts to everyone in the weightclasses i have who has been active in last 3 days.

on the travel plan to primarily have the champs travel. everyone else will primarily fight locally.

Hilo got about 24 fighters got that many offers out sending contracts to everyone in the weightclasses i have who has been active in last 3 days.

on the travel plan to primarily have the champs travel. everyone else will primarily fight locally.

I don't think making champs travel is a good strategy. If something goes wrong you miss the biggest hyped fight on your card, also it will irritate the managers and if you lose/cut a champ your org takes a 10% hype hit.

Just keep at it and for now focus on perhaps 3 weight classes. 135-145-155, 170-185-205, 265-265+, or some variation. I'd use a blanket search looking for fightings: want contract, 18-30, in Hilo, inactivity 3, hype 0 to 1000

I would have to agree with KRad for the most part, here. Paying for travel doesn't mean that the managers will remember to book in time and could cause them to show up down on energy. When I suggested booking shows in other cities I meant more for special events or for like if you have a bunch of fighters in that other city then you could have a card that is in their hometown.

Once you are established you can start branching out to other cities. I recruit from all over the world now but when your first starting out you pretty much have to keep it simple and stick to your own city. Offer lower contracts to non-vips because they are the ones most likely to go inactive. As for VIPs check their record history and if they have a lot of fights under their belt they deserve the best contracts because you can be sure they will be a lot more active and hopefully loyal for the long run.

Recruiting isn't always easy, you have to be very active and persistent!

Like any business, a key metric is customer retention so make your org a good place for the managers you have to want to fight and they'll stay, keeping you stable and will offer you their new fighters as they create them also.

Jay I think there is another org that recently started in Hilo that means both are competing for the same guys. The other org maybe paying more. When I started recruiting for Valhalla Hilo I was paying 1500/1500/1500 for debut fighters, 2500 across the board if they were VIP. I'm not sure if u can afford that much but its hard to say no to 2500 for a debut fighter.

• Downvote 1