Best Combination of Hiddens

My fighter has 147IQ test inteligence..and tale of the tape shows Graite chin...that means that he have 147+ granite chin!?

The IQ test does not appear to be on the 1 to 150 scale but a representation of real life IQ tests. Therefore you cannot equate an IQ score to any other hidden.

However you are blessed with a fighter with two great hiddens so try and make the most out of him.

• Upvote 1

Stand Up/Clinch/GnP fighter: Granite Chin, KO Power, Intelligence

Submission fighter: Granite Chin, Heart, Intelligence

That is basically how I do my fighters these days, I used to do them very differently but now when I create new guys those 2 are the basic guidelines I follow then cross my fighters on the other roll's of the dice.

Yup, this.

Fast learner is easy enough to check for in early training.

Personally, i like picking KO power, Granite and heart for whatever fighter i have. Makes sense for a stand up but also for ground guys since IF you can't get the fight to the floor and have no power you will lose the stand up but with KO power you have the chance to win with a few damaging strikes

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this so this may go dangerously wrong.

When looking at hiddens, I think you need to look at how you are most likely to lose. Limiting that is the best way for your fighter is going to survive.

The most obvious way to lose in MMA is by knock out. Every fight starts on the feet as does every round. If your chin is poor, you can have the best defence in the world but one lucky shot is going to end your day. Even if you roll the lowest possible score, the 1/5th boost in that area increases your chances of success exponentially. That makes granite chin the biggest must have for any fighter.

In real life, cuts would then be very high on the list. One bad cut can have the referee intervene. If you could suffer a huge one-off cut that ended a fight like a knock out then this would also be a must have. However the game does not work like this. Cuts appear to be built over time so this becomes far less important. If the game changed and those cuts became possible then this would become very important indeed.

The next must have is intelligence. It appears to be a main factor in both the submission game and how a fighter adapts to the other fighter outside the predetermined sliders. So a highly intelligent fighter is then both less likely to lose to submission and decision. Again, the bonus gives every fighter a huge boost in their potential. Far greater than any other excluding the granite chin.

Experience would also fall into this category if it wasn't apparently so easy to gain it. Even the future development notes admit that this is relatively speaking, easy to build therefore adding it at the beginning does not have the effect any other bonus does. It is arguably the most pointless.

At this point, things become more tricky.

Most people are obviously inclined to go straight for KO power. This is good reasoning to this. Once a fight is over, everything else stops mattering. However the boost itself is far less reliably effective than in other areas. Someone who roles very low is not actually going to feel the increase particularly strongly and will still have to alter their tactics to compensate. This is, perhaps, not the overwhelmingly determinate factor that it immediately appears to be.

At the same time, it can also be the factor that turns a fighter into a superstar. The bonus is felt most strongly when someone already gets a good role as they become a one shot threat that can hide major deficiencies.This hope will make it a must have for most but not necessarily the best choice.

Heart is certainly a factor that - going back to the initial idea - will help you lose less. A surprising number of fighters in equal matches in Tycoon come back from a severe beating to win. This suggests that great heart is a very powerful tool that is little understood (at least openly on the forum). It appears to add power and precision across the board. Surely this is a great asset when going up against better opponents as your fighter effectively becomes super powered in that situation. It might even make you look like a better manager than you are. (Clearly too big a gap is not going to be surmounted).

In fact, it may be the critical stat when you look at top 50 fighters. These are often very equal in outward appearances with most having granite chins and big power. What sets the very best apart is this ability to feed off adversity.

The one hidden I am having trouble clearly identifying is self confidence. Clearly this must have an effect in matches (opposed to defined ones afterwards) but what is still a bit of a mystery. Especially how this may combine with other factors.

This leaves Fast Learner. Clearly this was once the most important stat to have but it's actual importance seems a little over hyped. A slow learner may never climb to the heights but paired with other good hiddens, they can have a very successful career at a lower level. This combined with top training appears to allow most to climb into a position of respect if admittedly dominance is out of sight. Once a fighter is recognised to average and above in learning speed then the issue is nursing the fighters other flaws which can be so much worse.

When it comes down to it. It just isn't that important in winning fights.

So, I believe (with my limited experience) that Granite Chin and intelligence are must haves. KO Power and Heart are both legitimate third alternatives and then the rest are just not worth the bonus points.

The one hidden I am having trouble clearly identifying is self confidence. Clearly this must have an effect in matches (opposed to defined ones afterwards)

I think Self Confidence is a good hidden for some fighter builds.

The guys can correct me if Im wrong but I believe it gives you a more aggressive fighter one willing to take risk if you will.

If in a position on the ground where hes about to be subbed (just a thought) I think his confidence can help him pull off moves others might not try to get himself out of a bad position.

Like I said the guys can correct me if Im wrong but this is the way Ive been looking at this hidden.

Here my taught on hiddens from my experience

Hiddens you can work around (slider fu)

confidence

In my experience even if a fighter has crap confidence it can be over come with the correct sliders and if he other hidden or good such as having solid chin and knockout power .

intelligent

Also can be worked around especially with a stand up fighter ground fighter not so much

Experience

1. yep very easy to gain experience just fight your fighter so i don't worry to much about this one.

injury hidden boost

waste of time since you not going to fight injured

cut hidden boost

waste of time either your fighter is a cutter or not .A boost in this is a waste of time since your not bosting other abriubtes

essential hiddens

fast learner

Not super important just important not to get anybody super slow .i generally click it since i find i ever get any body retard slow if i do.If there other hiddens or good there a keeper

Chin

No manager in the game can win with a guy with a glass chin . always click this since any boost is great.

Important ones

heart

another essential attribute. without this even a guy with granite chin is useless.I remember one my worst fighters i had pop granite chin and without heart he was useless

ko power heavy handed etc

needed if your fighter is a stand up fighter .I feel more important for the heavier weights .I feel you can work around it and just fight for decisions if your in the lighter weights with a guy with feather punches

summary

To sum up i usually pick fast learner ,chin and a random other hidden depending on what build i going for and weight class.I find you need at least 3 good hiddens to be a beast fighter and get to the top

Instant sacks

bad cutter

glass jaw

retard slow

no heart

everything else can be work around if other hiddens or good

• Upvote 1

For my 18 year old projects

Intelligence (Too lazy to sack them because they're slow and plus, I want them developing really quick)

KO power (I make sure all my fighters are at least decent boxers for some reason)

Heart (Hope for the best with regards to granite chin, but heart is more important IMO)

25 year old fighters

KO power

Heart

Granite Chin