why?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do people have a problem with using capital letters in this forum and the game i'd really like to know ?

I ASSUME YOU ARE REFERRING TO THIS STYLE OF POSTING?

If so, it is because people tend to subvocalize when they read (we learn to read aloud first and then are simply told to stop later, so we subvocalize to cope) so when they read things in ALL CAPS most of us tend to interpret that as shouting which is unpleasant.

If you are referring to people asking you to begin each sentence with a capital letter and end with punctuation, well that is generally just considered to aid in reading comprehension. Additionally, it shows that you at least took some time to compose a post ergo, it might be worth expending our energy to read it.

One line posts are not a big deal but just breeze through the forums a bit and see how much more difficult it is to slog through a long passage without any capitalization. Add in a lack of punctuation and rampant misspelling and you end up with a recipe for unread or misunderstood posts.

All that said, we usually are pretty good at cutting ESL (English as a Second Language) posters a break on that sort of stuff.

If you are referring to something else regarding caps then I missed it entirely.

If so, it is because people tend to subvocalize when they read (we learn to read aloud first and then are simply told to stop later, so we subvocalize to cope) so when they read things in ALL CAPS most of us tend to interpret that as shouting which is unpleasant.

If you are referring to people asking you to begin each sentence with a capital letter and end with punctuation, well that is generally just considered to aid in reading comprehension. Additionally, it shows that you at least took some time to compose a post ergo, it might be worth expending our energy to read it.

One line posts are not a big deal but just breeze through the forums a bit and see how much more difficult it is to slog through a long passage without any capitalization. Add in a lack of punctuation and rampant misspelling and you end up with a recipe for unread or misunderstood posts.

All that said, we usually are pretty good at cutting ESL (English as a Second Language) posters a break on that sort of stuff.

If you are referring to something else regarding caps then I missed it entirely.

basically i understand where you are coming from, but this dude tempest had a problem with me using caps when i named my fighters thats what irritated me, i payed for my v.i.p so if i wanna use caps to name my fighters i have every right to without having knuckle heads trying to put me down in the forum, especially when i posted a question about the game that a couple of good guys answered for me, anyways im done with this....................THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS WHO ANSWERED MY QUESTION AND MUCH LOVE AND ALOHA PEACE AND IM OUT

basically i understand where you are coming from, but this dude tempest had a problem with me using caps when i named my fighters thats what irritated me, i payed for my v.i.p so if i wanna use caps to name my fighters i have every right to without having knuckle heads trying to put me down in the forum, especially when i posted a question about the game that a couple of good guys answered for me, anyways im done with this....................THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS WHO ANSWERED MY QUESTION AND MUCH LOVE AND ALOHA PEACE AND IM OUT

I don't think he meant to irritate you or personally offend you. On the internet it's typically considering annoying to type in all capital letters. It shows a cry for attention, and unnecessary mess, and typically is seen as "shouting" as referred to above. I personally dislike all lower case names just as much as all capital names, just write a name how it's supposed to be written :P Anyway chill, no one's trying to personally attack you.

Anyway chill, no one's trying to personally attack you.

Indeed, as far as the intensity of forums attacks go tempest basically gave you a hug and a hearty handshake.

well he probably told you this because when youre creating a fighter mike T plainly says DO NOT USE ALL CAPS. he says to cap 1st letter of 1st and last name only and even gives you an example . so he was just letting you know that the creator of this game has asked for names to be spelled this way . just because you pay for vip doesnt mean you can do as you want to the are still rules that need to be followed.

Holy Shit!! That is the smartest thing I've ever seen someone write in any of the forums. Somebody is/was/wants to be an English Major

I suppose ill chime in, but Greywar wins the epic post of the week award without a shadow of a doubt.

I dont think i even said what you did was wrong, i simply pointed out you had made fighters with the caps lock on, when someone asked me what i ment i simply posted the names of your fighters and said "caps lock"... i never actualy said anything directly to you about it... or about you on the subject... i just noted in the thread that you had used caps lock and posted the names... nothing more nothing less.

You then decided to log onto the chat room and start calling me a "fag" in both the channel and private PM (with caps lock btw) asking me why i was been a douche for telling you what you could and couldnt do... when infact i never did... i simply stated you had used caps lock and posted your fighter names... i never told you what to do ... i never even offered up an opinion on it , i just stated a fact.

You are shortly after kicked from the chat room and ran to the forum to continue the issue ... hence this thread.

If i had wanted to persecute you then frankly you would currently be in no doubt that i had infact wanted to do so... as it happens i mentioned in passing you had caps lock on... and you filled in all the rest of the story all by yourself... Aloha...

types-in-all-lowercase crew, signing in. i don't waste keystrokes on capital letters unless it's for something that's actually important.

heh! i loves this guy...can i join your crew?

well he probably told you this because when youre creating a fighter mike T plainly says DO NOT USE ALL CAPS. he says to cap 1st letter of 1st and last name only and even gives you an example . so he was just letting you know that the creator of this game has asked for names to be spelled this way . just because you pay for vip doesnt mean you can do as you want to the are still rules that need to be followed.

u know what buddy its not like i cheated in this game or sumtin, so fricken what i used all caps when i named my fighters, it aint no RULE that says i couldnt use caps, did i ruin mmatycoon because i did what i did, get a grip 'PUREEVIL'..................i used caps cause i wanted to just like how u use caps to make your name 'PUREEVIL' , I DO WHATEVER I WANT IN THIS WORLD AS LONG AS I KNOW I AINT HURTIN NOBODY AND I WILL CONTINUE TO DO WHAT I WANNA DO SAY WHAT I WANNA SAY AND IF U DONT LIKE IT THATS ON YOU 'PUREEVIL' U AINT EVIL HOMIE YOU JUST A PUPPET IN THIS WORLD ...............

u know what buddy its not like i cheated in this game or sumtin, so fricken what i used all caps when i named my fighters, it aint no RULE that says i couldnt use caps, did i ruin mmatycoon because i did what i did, get a grip 'PUREEVIL'..................i used caps cause i wanted to just like how u use caps to make your name 'PUREEVIL' , I DO WHATEVER I WANT IN THIS WORLD AS LONG AS I KNOW I AINT HURTIN NOBODY AND I WILL CONTINUE TO DO WHAT I WANNA DO SAY WHAT I WANNA SAY AND IF U DONT LIKE IT THATS ON YOU 'PUREEVIL' U AINT EVIL HOMIE YOU JUST A PUPPET IN THIS WORLD ...............

stupid white belts

stupid white belt lmao u probably never ever stood toe to toe with another man, and if you are a fighter thats even better cause if u ever in hawaii on the island of oahu my name is DONOVAN BAGCAL my email address is dondasuffrah@gmail.com let me know wassup may be i can show you around or sumtin we can have a few beers together u know what im trying say tough guy ......................

dondasuffrah, your gonna have to find a different approach because i can tell you right now things will get much more personal that your capital letters, and people will get much more competitive( mean angry bitter resentful jealous ) So, you have not seen anything yet. I think your making a big issue out of the way someone approached you and their lack of tact, because if your purely reacting on the correction they gave you about your naming style then your making a HUGE overreaction.

stupid white belt lmao u probably never ever stood toe to toe with another man, and if you are a fighter thats even better cause if u ever in hawaii on the island of oahu my name is DONOVAN BAGCAL my email address is dondasuffrah@gmail.com let me know wassup may be i can show you around or sumtin we can have a few beers together u know what im trying say tough guy ......................

OMG he meant that your new here. it was a play on words. mmatycoon white belt. not bjj white belt or cage fighter noob or talentless, just new to the game of mmatycoon.

settle your ass down.

I suppose ill chime in, but Greywar wins the epic post of the week award without a shadow of a doubt.

I dont think i even said what you did was wrong, i simply pointed out you had made fighters with the caps lock on, when someone asked me what i ment i simply posted the names of your fighters and said "caps lock"... i never actualy said anything directly to you about it... or about you on the subject... i just noted in the thread that you had used caps lock and posted the names... nothing more nothing less.

You then decided to log onto the chat room and start calling me a "fag" in both the channel and private PM (with caps lock btw) asking me why i was been a douche for telling you what you could and couldnt do... when infact i never did... i simply stated you had used caps lock and posted your fighter names... i never told you what to do ... i never even offered up an opinion on it , i just stated a fact.

You are shortly after kicked from the chat room and ran to the forum to continue the issue ... hence this thread.

If i had wanted to persecute you then frankly you would currently be in no doubt that i had infact wanted to do so... as it happens i mentioned in passing you had caps lock on... and you filled in all the rest of the story all by yourself... Aloha...

as for you mr tempest' i had beef with you just for the simple fact that u even posted your thing about me using caps for my fighters, because i swear the topic i started involved a question i had about the game itself which im happy to say got answered by some cool people who were actually trying to help me enjoy and get a better understanding to mmatycoon , and then for you only GOD knows why had to come in and post sumtin like you did which had nothing to do with the original topic in the first place, by posting what you did how is that in anyway gonna help me get a better understanding of this game. yah you say u just stated a fact. LMAO homie keep those kinda things to yourself or better yet u wanna state facts to me private message me or sumtin.

dondasuffrah, your gonna have to find a different approach because i can tell you right now things will get much more personal that your capital letters, and people will get much more competitive( mean angry bitter resentful jealous ) So, you have not seen anything yet. I think your making a big issue out of the way someone approached you and their lack of tact, because if your purely reacting on the correction they gave you about your naming style then your making a HUGE overreaction.

YAH WHATEVERS BUDDY DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO. SAY WHAT YOU GOTTA SAY. IF PEOPLE GONNA HATE ON ME THEN THATS THERE BAD. YAH I MAY HAVE OVERREACTED BUT SO WHAT I REACTED THE WAY I DID BECAUSE OF THE WAY I WAS APPROACHED. I WAS ASKING A QUESTION ABOUT THE GAME NOW REMEMBER THAT AND ONCE AGAIN I THANK THE PEOPLE WHO GAVE ME THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION, AND TO ALL THE OTHERS THAT FELT LIKE THEY HAD TO STATE FACTS OR TELL ME IM BREAKING RULES OR CALLING ME STUPID WHITE BELT LMAO . MR ANDREARLOVSKI THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN BUT IM GOOD AND TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH THERES NOTHING UNDER GODS SUN,MOON AND STARS THAT I HAVENT SEEN OR AINT PREPARED FOR............ALOHA