1,001 things you may not know

Don't bother with too much counter-striking if your agility (and less importantly, speed) sucks.

If you're curious about experimenting with "see how it goes": don't do it more than ~ 20-30%, and only if your fighter is intelligent and/or experienced, and only if there is no real of edge of advantage at your guy or the opponent.

According to popular belief, "Enjoys gardening", "Plays chess" etc. are traits that means you have a fighter with very average hidden values.

Wonderful striking defense won't be very effective for someone with bad standup skills and agility/speed. They are all taken into account of how well you avoid strikes. Same goes for defensive grappling, 110 points there won't guarantee sub-immunity if your groundwork and flexibility/strength etc. are weak.

If you need to increase a primary skill badly before a fight, never train it more than 6 times a week, either PM or AM-sessions only. Remember that for instance the secondary skill "punch technique" benefits not only your offensive boxing, but also gives a slight increase to the primary skill, helping you with the defensive work also that way. So it might be benefitful in that case to combine the two.

Never, ever send massmails about sponsorships. Those go down the drain immediately. The best results are achieved by having a genuine interest with cooperating with the company.

And don't forget..EVERYBODY underestimates the kick in the groin. BOOM, that's the first thing to do. I follow up, BANG-BANG-BANG, right after that- denga-dedenga-dedang.

hahahhahahahah thanks for making me laugh for like a minute! this was hilarious! hahah bas is the man.

i just wanted to thank you guys for helping out new people.

this thread helps me a lot to understand the game. :)

There are only two things that can cut diamonds: other diamonds and Chuck Norris, for sure.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keep ur fighters morale up, this effects their training and fighting. so buy them some clothes.

we got a $5 white SMELL MY FINGER shirt here perfect to stock up on and wear while training then throw away without breaking the bank. then wear something nice for ur fights like GORILLA SKIN or a TOILET ROLL.

Chuck Norris pan fries bacon without a shirt.

• 3 weeks later...
Your training will be better at higher energy levels. The general concensus is that you should not train at lower than 80% energy. The lone exceptions to this are weight training and cardio while using the proper supplements. They are effective down to about 10% energy.

so its ok to have cardio training for the first week 2x a day as long as it is a Q150 supp?

just verifying :) thanks

ive just read a guide saying one should not let the energy go down 90% to have optimum training :)

thanks again

so its ok to have cardio training for the first week 2x a day as long as it is a Q150 supp?

just verifying :) thanks

ive just read a guide saying one should not let the energy go down 90% to have optimum training :)

thanks again

with new fighters i'll train them down to 80-85% while doing cardio, and then rest. i never ever ever train below that. once their cardio is up i won't train them below 88-90%.

you can start them out with two cardio sessions and then a rest, then alternate cardio and rest for a couple days, and then throw in a few back-to-back cardio sessions by the end of the first week.

with new fighters i'll train them down to 80-85% while doing cardio, and then rest. i never ever ever train below that. once their cardio is up i won't train them below 88-90%.

I train my guys straight thru with Cardio, energy level be damned. There's no difference IMO in doing cardio at 100% and doing cardio at 10%. Everything else energy matters, although, some people are saying that energy doesn't matter with weights either.

I train my guys straight thru with Cardio, energy level be damned. There's no difference IMO in doing cardio at 100% and doing cardio at 10%. Everything else energy matters, although, some people are saying that energy doesn't matter with weights either.

there's a difference. it just isn't as noticable as other things because the cardio/weight supps have the biggest effect. and you do realize that you'll have to rest back up anyway right? so instead of training down to 10% and then resting for 14 sessions, why not spread those 14 rest sessions out so that you get better training?

NEVER, NEVER EVER, I mean EVER, Play "bet high low", its a waste of money that would be better spent on something else.

Tycoon Lottery is up to you but more people have lost money than won... If you wanna throw money away send it to me.

If, by some incredible space-time paradox, Chuck Norris would ever fight himself, he'd win. Period.

I've been putting my new fighters on Part Time Training for the first week and doing back to back Cardio on the 3 Days that I get. It'll net you $200 and keep your Energy up.

It is most effective to create your fighters on Thursdays, after Gym Fees have been paid (10:55pm GMT), but before Friday AM Training Sessions go off (9am GMT).

I made up a guide that focuses on Training and some General Info if it helps anyone:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AUB588xM...mJkbQ&hl=en

It has already been mentioned, but the FIRST thing that any Fighter should do is get out of Cozad!

Good luck!

Mike

Always prepare your training so that you are around 90- 92% energy by the time Sunday AM comes around

The opening scenes of Saving Private Ryan were loosely based on games of dodgeball Chuck Norris played in the 3rd Grade.

Chuck Norris pan fries bacon without a shirt.

I have done this several times lol

Never fight with a white belt.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=121275

White belts are frowned upon, but are not completely defenseless if you know your sliders and your wrestling is high enough to give minimal defense.. But I agree no one should fight with white belts unless they are experienced and their fighters are well trained in keeping it standing.

My number one advice... get to know your org owners...they got the $ :)

Chuck Norris's motto is "a$$-kickin' good." KFC tried to sue him, but he broke their copyright in half with one kung-fu grip. To this day, all KFC's will cross the street when they see Chuck Norris.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=121275

White belts are frowned upon, but are not completely defenseless if you know your sliders and your wrestling is high enough to give minimal defense.. But I agree no one should fight with white belts unless they are experienced and their fighters are well trained in keeping it standing.

My number one advice... get to know your org owners...they got the $ :)

Chuck Norris's motto is "a$$-kickin' good." KFC tried to sue him, but he broke their copyright in half with one kung-fu grip. To this day, all KFC's will cross the street when they see Chuck Norris.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

It also has the added negative of showing that you built BJJ from the ground up for the rest of your fighters history, while Blue hides both weaknesses and strengths.

Always have a base standing up, to at least not get punched in the face. Every fight starts on the feet

Or at least some good strike defenseif ur a ground guy. Even if you have Exceptional Takedowns, you can with a good chin, you can still get knocked in 5 seconds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...