Auto Flights

soyster89

I know I've said it before, but the fact this game still has flights and is the most ridiculous thing we've dealt with. Some of us simply cannot log in all the time, so having auto-flights nerf fighters of their energy and basically hand managers losses as a result is simply pushing managers like me who don't have as much time out the door. Maybe that's what Mike wants? I don't know. But until flights are gone, I've given this game my last dollar.

The flights are fine, imo. If you take them out, the world map will be nothing more than a display for what time it is elsewhere. Something, that rings depressingly true already. The fact that auto-flights drain energy is what needs to go. Why a fully trained MMA fighter is getting more drained by a flight (even accounting for first class) than by two sparring essions in a row, is beyond me. It is an overly penalizing BS feature that adds nothing but frustration.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The flights are fine, imo. If you take them out, the world map will be nothing more than a display for what time it is elsewhere. Something, that rings depressingly true already. The fact that auto-flights drain energy is what needs to go. Why a fully trained MMA fighter is getting more drained by a flight (even accounting for first class) than by two sparring essions in a row, is beyond me. It is an overly penalizing BS feature that adds nothing but frustration.

If it's a cosmetic thing, sure - we can keep flights and the illusion of the world map. What I feel needs to go is the impact the flights have on fighter's energy. I would even be ok with a longer lead time for when flights are auto booked versus when they actually fly out. Currently, I get emails telling me if I dont book a fight soon, one will be auto booked for me. It's a complete waste of an email as it does nothing for us. I already know an auto flight is coming. What good does that email do? Have THAT email alert of the auto booked flight so we have a few days to cancel it..

I agree with the energy/morale loss with the auto-flight (or flights in general) is a complete useless feature. My last fight I forgot to cancel the auto-flight and lost 15% energy cause my fighter went from Sydney to Hilo. I was lucky enough though, my opponent did the same thing so we started the fight both at around 85%.

If the auto-flights are to remain within the game, at least remove the energy and morale loss.

I do agree that the flights energy loss is really dumb. I don't know what the cure for this problem is. Especially since private jets are a thing. A thing that has been made all but useless in the game since locations were turned off. With auto flights on all it does is confuse people and cause people to come into the fight way under power... the whole thing is just fucked. Probably the best solution is to kill the flights thing altogether and rethink private jets.

Perhaps if something in-game was designed so that fighters and managers had things to spend money on then keeping private jets around would be cool. So would fancy sports cars and other things like that. Basically, I agree that the whole flights part of the game needs either killed or reworked so that it makes sense, doesn't completely shit on a guy for fucking up or not knowing how to fix it, and isn't a colossal pain in the dick hole.

• Upvote 1

I know I’m in the minority but I would like to have flights fixed so we could properly have to use it. After all it’s a tycoon game.

It use to be a feature that you needed cash to take advantage of, cause you needed a jet to get the best out of the flights. Also, we use to have a max of 20 fighters, and most managers would have around 12-15 active fighters. Now you can have up to 25+ fighters, meaning you spend more time micro-managing flights than you spend time enjoying the game, especially when you only have a few hours to spend on the game per week.

2-3 years ago I stopped playing the game because of the flight system. After a while, I felt like I had to login everyday because if I didn't, I'd get a fighter on an auto-flight that would start a fight on 85% energy.

It's not everyone that can login on the game for a few hours per day and take time to set flights. The game needs to be accessible to everyone, not just the ones who can spend most of their days around a computer to stay up to date with flights.

• Upvote 1

It use to be a feature that you needed cash to take advantage of, cause you needed a jet to get the best out of the flights. Also, we use to have a max of 20 fighters, and most managers would have around 12-15 active fighters. Now you can have up to 25+ fighters, meaning you spend more time micro-managing flights than you spend time enjoying the game, especially when you only have a few hours to spend on the game per week.

2-3 years ago I stopped playing the game because of the flight system. After a while, I felt like I had to login everyday because if I didn't, I'd get a fighter on an auto-flight that would start a fight on 85% energy.

It's not everyone that can login on the game for a few hours per day and take time to set flights. The game needs to be accessible to everyone, not just the ones who can spend most of their days around a computer to stay up to date with flights.

It literally takes 12 seconds to cancel any auto flight. Logging in once a day for 12 seconds is really an issue?

It literally takes 12 seconds to cancel any auto flight. Logging in once a day for 12 seconds is really an issue?

For many people, yes. Believe it or not, some people go on vacations sometimes. I for one like to disconnect from most things when I take time off from work, especially when you have a family.

I'm not saying I'm against the flight system, but in its current state, it's a real piece of shit. If auto-flights are a good part of the game, and people really want it, then it should be changed. Fighters should get to the correct city 3-4 training sessions before the fight, instead of getting there just in time to put on their gear and fight for their lives.

• Upvote 2

For many people, yes. Believe it or not, some people go on vacations sometimes. I for one like to disconnect from most things when I take time off from work, especially when you have a family.

I'm not saying I'm against the flight system, but in its current state, it's a real piece of shit. If auto-flights are a good part of the game, and people really want it, then it should be changed. Fighters should get to the correct city 3-4 training sessions before the fight, instead of getting there just in time to put on their gear and fight for their lives.

Ye the current status of it is "limbo". I guess it's easier for some to log in often than for others, but I do agree that this part of the game needs to be swayed one way or the other. And it seems to be a fairly simple thing to do, code-wise. All you have to do is disable the auto flights if you don't feel like fixing anything else. Silly really.

When I joined this game locations were already off so I never experienced having them on. While I think it would be nice to have different locations for various reasons I don't see much point in the flight micromanagement. The only gameplay choice I see in it is how much you spend on the flight and that could easily be made a configuration setting (perhaps per fighter) so you don't have to micromanage it every time.

Flights bring nothing positive to the gameplay. Some might say realism, but then, fights aren't happening at the airport, let's start booking a cab, or a limo. The advantage of this game is the fight engine and the skill system, so the gameplay should be focused around those, fuck flying, fuck changing clothes and fuck setting training schedules.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Flights bring nothing positive to the gameplay. Some might say realism, but then, fights aren't happening at the airport, let's start booking a cab, or a limo. The advantage of this game is the fight engine and the skill system, so the gameplay should be focused around those, fuck flying, fuck changing clothes and fuck setting training schedules.

That would be a bridge or two too far.

With the possibility to install a personal assistant, clothes are not that big of an issue anymore. Also, axing the need to buy new clothes from time to time would really hurt the according companies. And when you take away training schedules (which is really a far cry from the flights), you will get rid of gyms and supplement companies in the process. There go the major incentives for getting VIP. Not good. :sad01_anim:

The way, how flights are currently handled, is just bad. That is universally agreed upon. But various people enjoy various aspects of the game. Getting rid of the entire Tycoon aspect of it would just alienate a bunch of players. Everybody would end up playing for himself. Because setting sliders requires no collaboration or deal making.

• Upvote 1

It makes it possible to have some "soft" separation of orgs and companies. So instead of everyone competing globally you would have an advantage in your local markets and because of that some variation in the different cities. Travel should have a cost for this to work, but micromanaging flights doesn't have to be part of it for the economy aspect to work.

• Upvote 2

Good conversation here. I know it seems silly that some of us can't log in for 1-2 minutes to cancel flights, but when you're running from the time you get up until the time you go to sleep, it really is that hard. Getting kids up and off to school, getting to work, then getting the kids home from school, cooking dinner, doing your everyday housework, etc. Life as a full-time working parent of kids who play sports is insane. :)

I hope Mike reads this.

Did something happen in regards to the flight system as of recent? I got a mail one of my fighters declined a private jet flight that I set up for later in November. Never seen an actual decline of that before. He has the money and the flight is scheduled weeks in advance. So I look at all the other private jet flights I already have set up and they too are empty/vacated strangely enough.

• 1 month later...

I was on board until this line? No training schedules? that's like half the game ....

Still, it is not the funny half of the game. I really believe that adding more arcade elements and removing some of the managerial ones wont harm the game. More fun and less commitment/responsibilities is what I am looking for in a game.

• Upvote 1

Still, it is not the funny half of the game. I really believe that adding more arcade elements and removing some of the managerial ones wont harm the game. More fun and less commitment/responsibilities is what I am looking for in a game.

100% agreed. That said, the changes Mike made about flights was a nice one. I think it's a good example of meeting folks half way.