Uriah Hall had so much hype and it looks like he could be released by the UFC. Maybe they'll give him one last chance to prove himself.

the guy just isn't a fighter. he doesn't have that mentality. he'd probably be a great point-fighter in karate tournaments or something, but he just doesn't have the mental game to be an mma fighter at the top level.

the guy just isn't a fighter. he doesn't have that mentality. he'd probably be a great point-fighter in karate tournaments or something, but he just doesn't have the mental game to be an mma fighter at the top level.

It is sad becuase he has so much skill from what it looks like. I just think that he doesn't have it in him to want to punch someone in the face and want to "hurt" someone to win. Working in mental health myself I can say that it is such a huge part. People just sometimes can't have it on their Conscious that they hurt someone for money. Sad to see he seemed to have big things coming.

sadly I wanted Hall to do well but I just don't think he will get another chance. He already had two performances where he couldn't pull the trigger. I think if he can get the mental aspect down he will be able to be a true contender. sad part is we may never know.

He will get cut and just need to fight in smaller orgs and get more comfortable fighting. Ufc is no joke. You can lose one fight and be out of a job and that cal take a toll on a guy and his performance. So.e guys shine under pressure some guys don't and he is one of those guys. If you guy him space to do as he please he can do all type of stuff but one you get in his face he does cough.

It is sad becuase he has so much skill from what it looks like. I just think that he doesn't have it in him to want to punch someone in the face and want to "hurt" someone to win. Working in mental health myself I can say that it is such a huge part. People just sometimes can't have it on their Conscious that they hurt someone for money. Sad to see he seemed to have big things coming.

yeah, i think that became pretty evident in his interviews/"confessions" during TUF. the guy has phenomenal talent and work ethic, but his mind just isn't made for it. a sports psychologist might help, but who knows how much.

yeah, i think that became pretty evident in his interviews/"confessions" during TUF. the guy has phenomenal talent and work ethic, but his mind just isn't made for it. a sports psychologist might help, but who knows how much.

I mean some fighters say that it helps them out like Cerronne but I don't know if it can help block out someones conscious.

Hector Lombard has great success before he went to UFC and now he is 1 - 2 in the octagon.

That is true I didn't even think about him. It was what 25 fights in a row or something like that. Looks like it could just be the pressure of fighting in front of millions.

Yeah, the guy who used to be the HW champion of the world with KO wins over Velasquez, Werdum and Mir, the guy who came in on a losing streak and lost to Sean fucking McCorkle in his debut before going on a tear, and the guy who was a massive underdog in two of his most recent fights and still won by knockout are overhyped.

They have earned the hype

Hunt has got a huge heart, came into the UFC with 5 fight losing streak, refused to give up and won 4 of his 5 first fights in the octagon, respect

yea hunt in my mind has one of the biggest hearts I have seen becuase many would have quit after losing 5 straight and he passed on being paid for the rest of his contract and he came back and teared it up. He's cool in my book lol

Hunt is definitely not overhyped. maybe at some point in his career. ( I never believed the hype that he would be JDS ) however I did think he earned the title contender shot.

Also Overeem,Conor,Hector and Palhares where/are overhyped.

All these guys so over hyped. I just love watching overroids get knocked out. I would pay for ufc events if over is fighting = getting knocked out. Roids finally taking a toll on him. I love it.

• Downvote 1

All these guys so over hyped. I just love watching overroids get knocked out. I would pay for ufc events if over is fighting = getting knocked out. Roids finally taking a toll on him. I love it.

Theyre definitely taking their toll. You can tell he is smaller than he was and now just fights like shit.

Theyre definitely taking their toll. You can tell he is smaller than he was and now just fights like shit.

That's why I don't use that crap. It doesn't help you in a fight so what's the point

• 2 weeks later...

Kimbo slice - He was hyped to the moon, but to be honest nobody expected him to do well. It was a marketing move.

Brock Lesnar - Frankly speaking he was booked in a way to make him look good. He got a UFC Heavyweight title fight within 5 or 6 fights! I mean when was the last time that happened? Sure he is a star and he is big, but as far as fighting goes he lacks and real skills. Even his wrestling is not that good.

BJ Penn - He was always hyped as being this ninja figure. He rarely won any major fight and usually crumbled when it mattered.

Tito Ortiz - Without much doubt. He had this really long streak, but that was against useless fighters (besides Horn and even he was on the downhill). He should of retired about 5-6 years earlier. He had heart, but that was about it.

Alistair Overeem - I do not think he was over hyped, however he has dissapointed in the UFC. I am not sure what happened. I think the extra weight has created problem because he seems to gas out early and lacks the movement. I think it is more to do with his training than his hype.

The way Brock shut down Mir's bottom game in the second fight was very impressive.

BJ won the first Hughes and (arguably) the first GSP fight. Sherk, Florian and Sanchez are als'o very solid wins.

Overeem has always been a gassy turd though

Kimbo slice - He was hyped to the moon, but to be honest nobody expected him to do well. It was a marketing move.

Brock Lesnar - Frankly speaking he was booked in a way to make him look good. He got a UFC Heavyweight title fight within 5 or 6 fights! I mean when was the last time that happened? Sure he is a star and he is big, but as far as fighting goes he lacks and real skills. Even his wrestling is not that good.

(...)

Alistair Overeem - I do not think he was over hyped, however he has dissapointed in the UFC. I am not sure what happened. I think the extra weight has created problem because he seems to gas out early and lacks the movement. I think it is more to do with his training than his hype.

Kimbo - EliteXC was built with Kimbo's hype.

Brock - I never liked that guy, but he was giving good fights. His fight against Carwin was great, I really had hopes that Carwin would win. Also he brought lots of fans to UFC.

Overeem's problem is that he was juicing. Without his testosteron he isn't so agressive, dominant fighter. His fight against Lesnar was great, I couldn't wait for fight against Junior, but then Overroid was catched. And now he is on lossing streak.

When it comes to most hyped fighters in Poland (and overyhyped):

Mamed Khalidov - a few brands are using his face. KSW is using him, he is fighting only against "cucumbers" (ex-fighters) from UFC.

Pudzianowski - in Poland there were lots of commercials. Even some experienced fans were curious what the strongest man in the world can do in MMA. And then, fight against Tim Sylvia, nothing to add. But in Poland he attracted lots of peoples to MMA. I would even say that his face was more effective in marketing than Mamed's.