Hare's Avatars For Bid/Sale

HareRumpler

2 hours ago, BigTree said:

Hey Hare,

Are you able to do any custom work? Looking for a piece for my new fighter.

Hit me up is you're open.

Hey BT, unfortunately I don't really get into custom work.  Typically I find that a) it's uninspiring and just not fun for me, and really that's only why I do them in the first place b) it ends up taking about 3x's as long with back and forth for about half the price, haha and c) well, I don't really have a third reason, but it felt like I needed a 'c' after a & b!  

• 1 month later...

New Auction Item: Thunder God

Min Bid: 200k (please increment in 25k or more for raises)

Haven't done one in a while now!  Let's see how this goes!  Both images, static and animated included in the single sale.  Will likely leave up for about 24 hours or so after final bid before closing.

Enjoy and happy bidding!

Avatar-Thunder-God.png Avatar-Thunder-God.gif

16 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

New Auction Item: Thunder God

Min Bid: 200k (please increment in 25k or more for raises)

Haven't done one in a while now!  Let's see how this goes!  Both images, static and animated included in the single sale.  Will likely leave up for about 24 hours or so after final bid before closing.

Enjoy and happy bidding!

Avatar-Thunder-God.png Avatar-Thunder-God.gif

Gonna pull this one off the market and submit myself folks!  Will put another up in the near future (perhaps).  This one either just didn't generate interest or the avatar market is a bit dried up at the moment!

11 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

Gonna pull this one off the market and submit myself folks!  Will put another up in the near future (perhaps).  This one either just didn't generate interest or the avatar market is a bit dried up at the moment!

Maybe just keep in a collection with "buy it now" pricing.  If you build up an inventory of several items like this, you'll probably sell all of them with time. 200k is a little steep for non-custom work imo though.

9 hours ago, XxxtremeT13 said:

I think it looks great. But, 200k for me isn't worth it.. I mean, its A++++ work

8 hours ago, jkawell said:

Maybe just keep in a collection with "buy it now" pricing.  If you build up an inventory of several items like this, you'll probably sell all of them with time. 200k is a little steep for non-custom work imo though.

Appreciate both of your feedback.  I've been doing this a long time at this point though, so this isn't a situation where I'm new to it and am trying to figure out what works best.  Well done avatars are well worth their price and behind the scenes I could have sold this one for a mil if I'd reached out to the right buyers rather than auctioning.  Sometimes it's fun to do an a auction and see where it goes though.  

You have to put everything in perspective though.  VIP can be got for $30 for a year.  A month of VIP costs about $2.50 at that rate.  You can sell a month of VIP for about 300k in game $.  200k in game $ is then worth about $1.66 RL cash.  So you think the time somebody puts into doing one of these avatars is worth less than $1.66?  Hell, even doing it for fun as a hobby that's a flat out steal, hahah.

Just trying to put that in perspective for you guys who want to buy on the dirt cheap.  I'll stick one of these into my pocket and put it on my account every time if it doesn't sell for the min starting price, and even then I'd rather put it in my pocket for that price tbh.  I'll never be one of those that sets out work for 40k in big batches and just lets it sit there.

Again, no offense here, just the way it is and my perspective on it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HareRumpler said:

Appreciate both of your feedback.  I've been doing this a long time at this point though, so this isn't a situation where I'm new to it and am trying to figure out what works best.  Well done avatars are well worth their price and behind the scenes I could have sold this one for a mil if I'd reached out to the right buyers rather than auctioning.  Sometimes it's fun to do an a auction and see where it goes though.  

You have to put everything in perspective though.  VIP can be got for $30 for a year.  A month of VIP costs about $2.50 at that rate.  You can sell a month of VIP for about 300k in game $.  200k in game $ is then worth about $1.66 RL cash.  So you think the time somebody puts into doing one of these avatars is worth less than $1.66?  Hell, even doing it for fun as a hobby that's a flat out steal, hahah.

Just trying to put that in perspective for you guys who want to buy on the dirt cheap.  I'll stick one of these into my pocket and put it on my account every time if it doesn't sell for the min starting price, and even then I'd rather put it in my pocket for that price tbh.  I'll never be one of those that sets out work for 40k in big batches and just lets it sit there.

Again, no offense here, just the way it is and my perspective on it.

Really good thinking here and a great explanation, no offense taken at all.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Auction Item: Myers

Min Bid: 100k (please increment in 25k or more for raises)

Both images, static and animated included in the single sale.  Will likely leave up for about 24 hours or so after final bid before closing. We'll see if this one gets through Mike's process.

Enjoy and happy bidding!

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

New Auction Item: Garcia Stare-Down

Min Bid: 100k (please increment in 20k or more for raises)

Haven't done one in a while now!  Wasn't going to use this as I was making for others so figured let's put it up for sale!  Will likely leave up for about 24 hours or so after final bid before closing.

Enjoy and happy bidding!

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, HareRumpler said:

New Auction Item: Garcia Stare-Down

Min Bid: 100k (please increment in 20k or more for raises)

Haven't done one in a while now!  Wasn't going to use this as I was making for others so figured let's put it up for sale!  Will likely leave up for about 24 hours or so after final bid before closing.

Enjoy and happy bidding!

• Like 1