Getting back your signing bonuses from FAs

MMATycoon

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Due to this VTT 315K+ fiasco I had to retire 2 of my undefeated fighters.

I made sure to send the money back to my sponsors via the tip jar in their company or by just buying all their products. I hope this is the right way to at least try to do the right thing.

Otherwise my fighters were stuck another 20 days without fights :( I had to sack.

I will email the respective company owners with the details just to make sure I did the right thing, if not I will transfer the $ directly from my manager even if it breaks me or puts me (the manager) in debt to them. I am also open to signing much lower deals with them for my new 2 fighters, I just want to make things right these 2 companies (Sully's and Helsinki Xtreme) were very generous with my 0-0-0 fighters , I owe them every penny back.

Due to this VTT 315K+ fiasco I had to retire 2 of my undefeated fighters.

I made sure to send the money back to my sponsors via the tip jar in their company or by just buying all their products. I hope this is the right way to at least try to do the right thing.

Otherwise my fighters were stuck another 20 days without fights :( I had to sack.

I will email the respective company owners with the details just to make sure I did the right thing, if not I will transfer the $ directly from my manager even if it breaks me or puts me (the manager) in debt to them. I am also open to signing much lower deals with them for my new 2 fighters, I just want to make things right these 2 companies (Sully's and Helsinki Xtreme) were very generous with my 0-0-0 fighters , I owe them every penny back.

Very good intentions. But that's overkill in my eyes. These companies have multimillions whereas you as a noob have a few cents. Don't worry about them. More new players is the most important thing in this game.

I don't know what fiasco you're talking about, but unfortunately *some* new orgs with inexperienced managers go under, quite often.

Lastly, your fighters not fighting for 20 days isn't the end of the world, it's actually pretty normal in this game. If they're half decent you'll be keeping them for years of your life! They can just train up in the off time.

• Upvote 1

Very good intentions. But that's overkill in my eyes. These companies have multimillions whereas you as a noob have a few cents. Don't worry about them. More new players is the most important thing in this game.

I don't know what fiasco you're talking about, but unfortunately *some* new orgs with inexperienced managers go under, quite often.

Lastly, your fighters not fighting for 20 days isn't the end of the world, it's actually pretty normal in this game. If they're half decent you'll be keeping them for years of your life! They can just train up in the off time.

Good intentions reap positive rewards and we at pit bull development are ready to offer assistance in any way?

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

I'm years late to this discussion & maybe stuff was already patched in to fix the problem but I would just add that as even a new manager I can see how Orgs are negatively impacted by Managers sacking fighters who still have ongoing contracts & several or all of their fights left - or just going fully inactive or deleting their accounts.

If the Fighter is released by the manager the Org should get the option to fight him after 30 days if he hasn't been picked up or to cut him from their roster after 45.

Manager having the ability to take signing bonuses, fight just 1 fight then sack a fighter and keeping the signing bonus reeks of an exploit the game needs to repair perhaps even penalize in some way, for example an Org should be able to "sue for breach of contract" for at least a portion of the signing fee back, some limitations might be applicable such as time period after which you cannot sue a fighter/manager for your signing fee.