UFC 236 Holloway vs Poirier 2 Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

I'm not sure if Holloway vs Poirier can compete with that last fight.

Really? Adesanya looked amazing - even showed some slick BJJ and TDD

Might be FOTY

Going into R5 I was sure Adesanya was done, why did Gastelum go for a takedown when Adesanya was rocked?

Compare that fight with either of the Whitaker/Romero fights. Big difference between the championship caliber mma and adensaya/gastelum. I can't remember a male fighter getting an easier path to a belt then adensaya in modern mma.

dbd188de99a4170b1022687c8ebf73ad.png

89fc3cfd4a5406f5ec3da0c8f34a7c27.png

I picked the odd Favorites and did better than I usually do though if I hadn't done that, I might have picked Poirier and Rountree.

Big Ish thought Holloway was robbed :’)

The only thing he was robbed of was the blood coming from that cut.

Compare that fight with either of the Whitaker/Romero fights. Big difference between the championship caliber mma and adensaya/gastelum. I can't remember a male fighter getting an easier path to a belt then adensaya in modern mma.

I dunno theres been a few - Hardy/Bisping/Till/Lesnar/Smith/Diaz/ to name a few

dbd188de99a4170b1022687c8ebf73ad.png

89fc3cfd4a5406f5ec3da0c8f34a7c27.png

I picked the odd Favorites and did better than I usually do though if I hadn't done that, I might have picked Poirier and Rountree.

:toot:

Alright! Top marks for me although 8-5 is not really very good.

The big surprise for me was Roundtree! I knew he had moved to Thailand to train MT and clinch, but I didn't see his leg kicks being that devastating... Looks like a good move for him.

Only way Gastelum was gonna win was with a monster shot and I was betting it wouldn't happen. Great fight though.

I'll agree on Lesnar. Till maybe. But the rest had way better wins on their records then tavares and brunson.

Is 2009 mike swick a better win than brunson and tavares? Is 2011 bj? 2007 dean lister? Fucking drew mcfedries coming off of a loss? Maia fought anderson on an one fight winning streak consisting of dan miller.

People have gotten bs roads to the title a bunch of times in ufc history. I dont think izzy is a particularly egregious case (especially considering that interim titles are make believe)

Are you guys serious? A pro kickboxer being stunned by sloppy strikes by a guy with fast hands and garbage striking is foty?

Exactly .... Joe Rogan hyped him pre-fight saying that most of the guys in the UFC has at most a Bachelor's in striking and that Adesanya is having a PhD ;)

Good mic skills ..all you need nowadays to get what you need. Before this fight he was picking at Jones as well it seems ... his ego is way too high. I hope he doesn't turn into another mcnuggets or a rousey.

damn that Marvin Vittori guy almost beat him too

and Anderson looked more impressive than Adesanya in that fight..40+ years, fighting after years taking on this 'hungry top prospect lion'. If Anderson had more output/volume, he could have won that. Instead he was rotating and turning his hands in mid air doing shit. May be he just came to the fight in order to just 'pass the torch' only. Who knows with the shady shit that is happening in the UFC nowadays ..

Kelving was definitely the toughest fight he had ...and he didn't look that marvelous for being that much hyped being an elite striker. May be excuses will come later for him not being able to throw as many punches and kicks because of this and that .....

BUT he does have some good takedown defense for sure. And he did come back strong in the 5th round and make a good statement and win the fight. Have to give him that.

Let's see how he fares against the other challenges.

But if he keeps up with this ego of his, it's going to be his downfall

I do agree hes overrated, Jones would kill him but a fight with Whittaker would be competitive

definitely ... fight with Whittaker would be a close one. Especially Robert coming off of recovery and all and Adesanya being active inside the octagon.

Jones would dominate Adesanya for 5 rounds. may be some 10-8 rounds as well.