Do any Christians play MMaTycoon

I know this topic may/will spark a lot of debate, but that is not what I am trying to do. I was just curious if any Christians, that is believers in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior play this game.

I am a Christian and I wanted to create an Alliance with other believers, However anyone would be welcome to join the alliance, I just wanted to let you know what I am all about. I have no issues or problems with anyone else, I just thought it would be cool to create this alliance if anyone is interested. You can respond to this thread or message me if your interested.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I know this topic may/will spark a lot of debate, but that is not what I am trying to do. I was just curious if any Christians, that is believers in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior play this game.

I am a Christian and I wanted to create an Alliance with other believers, However anyone would be welcome to join the alliance, I just wanted to let you know what I am all about. I have no issues or problems with anyone else, I just thought it would be cool to create this alliance if anyone is interested. You can respond to this thread or message me if your interested.

So fanatical Christians (reborn) don't regard "normal" Christians as Christians at all?

("Normal" Christians that actually believe in God (primary) AND his son Jesus (secondary)

("Fanatical" Christians that actually exchange God out for his son Jesus, believing every word in the Bible that suits their purpose)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

So fanatical Christians (reborn) don't regard "normal" Christians as Christians at all?

("Normal" Christians that actually believe in God (primary) AND his son Jesus (secondary)

("Fanatical" Christians that actually exchange God out for his son Jesus, believing every word in the Bible that suits their purpose)

False. You've obviously misunderstood the entire point of the Trinity. :) Jesus Christ being both an aspect of the Godhead and a human being (both divine and profane) was canonized in 325. The only Christians separating them like you just did would be considered gnostics..

EDIT: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/trinity/trinity-history.html

Have fun.

• Upvote 2

hahaha this would start a holy war in tycoon, before you know it we will have the christians, the atheists, the muslims etc all starting alliances. I'm game for that.

Atheists Assssseeeeemmmble!

(BTW I'm not mocking your idea OP, just in case that crossed your mind).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

This is where all the debates and confusion starts.... a lot of people arent sure of what they believe and to their defense,whatever pastor said verse A means,(title501c3) is what it is,even if verse B was talking about something different and most importantly, the Old Testament is usually omitted aside from a few stories to fill childrens books. Most have never read Isaiah 45:14-20 and rebut it without any understanding of verses in other books further explaining it. I wont debate on this subject because it gets gritty, but Malachi 4:4 states "in short" Remember the law of Moses... So why is it taught otherwise? Something was forgotten...

-All praises to the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob

• Upvote 1

I believe in the whole Bible. The term born again has been misrepresented. "Born again" simply means that you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and He came to save us from our sins. If you (meaning anyone) asks Jesus into their heart to save them from their sins, they become a new man or woman in Christ, essentially become a new creation.

I didn't want to post Bible verses, but this is in response to Grasman's post.

This is taken from:

John Chapter 3 Verses 1-10 and 16-20.

John 3

New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus

3 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit.7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[d]

9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.[e] 14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,[f] 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”[g]

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Sorry like I said, I do not want to get into a debate just trying to find other Christians within the game.

Anyone would be welcome in the alliance once it would be created, I was curious and wanted potential managers who might be interested to know what I stood for. That's all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

False. You've obviously misunderstood the entire point of the Trinity. :) Jesus Christ being both an aspect of the Godhead and a human being (both divine and profane) was canonized in 325. The only Christians separating them like you just did would be considered gnostics..

EDIT: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/trinity/trinity-history.html

Have fun.

Thanks for the link bud.

But I've previously spent too many minutes of my life researching the ridiculousness of religion already. :)

In my opinion, most fanatically religious people are seriously mentally ill, regardless of the type of religion.... Those who are not mentally ill and vulnerable, are using religion as a means to their ends.

The Christian religion is actually a very selfish religion, the primary and most basic reason for believing is to save your very own soul.

Fuck the rest, especially if they don't believe in the same stuff the same way as the fanatics do!

They can all burn in hell.... ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I am christian. :) but I don't want an alliance atm. :P

• Upvote 1

I believe in the whole Bible. The term born again has been misrepresented. "Born again" simply means that you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and He came to save us from our sins. If you (meaning anyone) asks Jesus into their heart to save them from their sins, they become a new man or woman in Christ, essentially become a new creation.

I didn't want to post Bible verses, but this is in response to Grasman's post.

Sorry like I said, I do not want to get into a debate just trying to find other Christians within the game.

Sorry dude, I just find religion and especially the fanatically religious, both so funny and sad at the same time. Posting verses from historical fiction only makes it even more sad.

Believing "every word" of the book, includes believing in the woman being property of the man, not eating pig, several annointed messiases, Contents of Gods oil, child abuse etc.. etc.. etc...

I doubt you believe in that, as most born again fanatics renounce it, by selecting out wha tthey believe in and what they don't.

But anyways, you go and collect like minded people and form an alliance, I'll stay out of your thread. :)

Thanks for the link bud.

But I've previously spent too many minutes of my life researching the ridiculousness of religion already. :)

In my opinion, most fanatically religious people are seriously mentally ill, regardless of the type of religion.... Those who are not mentally ill and vulnerable, are using religion as a means to their ends.

The Christian religion is actually a very selfish religion, the primary and most basic reason for believing is to save your very own soul.

Fuck the rest, especially if they don't believe in the same stuff the same way as the fanatics do!

They can all burn in hell.... ;)

Clearly you haven't spent very much time researching their actual beliefs based on that enormous blunder, though. ;)

Fanatics of any brand will always be fucking nutjobs, religious or not. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with most religious people. Judging a large group based on the perceived misdeeds of a marginal sub-group is really shitty.

From a Lutheran POV, all you can do for your own salvation is believe in God. No good deeds will give you any kind of brownie points with God and will therefore never be any more selfish than my very non-religious decision to donate money to a homeless shelter, for example. A Lutheran protestant would think there's a link between faith and a strong morality, sure, but not because the believer fears eternal damnation if he or she doesn't act like a saint.

• Upvote 4

Clearly you haven't spent very much time researching their actual beliefs based on that enormous blunder, though. ;)

Fanatics of any brand will always be fucking nutjobs, religious or not. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with most religious people. Judging a large group based on the perceived misdeeds of a marginal sub-group is really shitty.

From a Lutheran POV, all you can do for your own salvation is believe in God. No good deeds will give you any kind of brownie points with God and will therefore never be any more selfish than my very non-religious decision to donate money to a homeless shelter, for example. A Lutheran protestant would think there's a link between faith and a strong morality, sure, but not because the believer fears eternal damnation if he or she doesn't act like a saint.

I specifically stated fanatics...

I don't regard people that are born into a religion, but see God about as "real" as Santa Claus, (but don't want to denounce it, just in case), as nutters.

But anyone claiming to be in "contact" with their God in any way, shape or form, mentally ill.

Not necessarily in a dangerous way though.

They would be regarded by society as mentally ill, if ancient religion wasn't a part of our history.

Religion is usually strongest where the education level is the lowest, with the possible exception of the systematically religiously brainwashed USA.

I specifically stated fanatics...

I don't regard people that are born into a religion, but see God about as "real" as Santa Claus, (but don't want to denounce it, just in case), as nutters.

But anyone claiming to be in "contact" with their God in any way, shape or form, mentally ill.

Not necessarily in a dangerous way though.

They would be regarded by society as mentally ill, if ancient religion wasn't a part of our history.

Religion is usually strongest where the education level is the lowest, with the possible exception of the systematically religiously brainwashed USA.

You sure did. How did you define fanatics, though?

fanatical Christians (reborn)

Are all born again Christians fanatics? Because that seems to be what you're saying here.

"Fanatical" Christians that actually exchange God out for his son Jesus, believing every word in the Bible that suits their purpose)

Based on your definition of "normal Christians" (your words) as people with some kind of hierarchic understanding of the Trinity, pretty much every single Christian on the planet would fall under what you call "Fanatical" Christians, seeing as that's not an established dogma in any major church.

And as for "exchanging" God with Jesus, this isn't a part of any established dogma either. Being Scandinavian you might be familiar with the Apostles' Creed, a very common part of the liturgy in most churches around the world.

the ridiculousness of religion

Nice.

Those who are not mentally ill and vulnerable, are using religion as a means to their ends.

Seeing as most religious people wouldn't be considered "mentally ill" by medical professionals, does this mean that most religious people are exploiting each other?

The Christian religion is actually a very selfish religion

Nice.

So, again, what exactly separates a "fanatic" from a "normal" religious person?

Guys, I never pushed my views beliefs opinions on any one, simple asked a question. Not trying to segregate, separate, etc. Just looking for people I may have things in common with. I have friends and relatives that aren't christian and I have no problems with them. I really like playing this game and feel I have been respectful to everyone I have chatted with and interacted with. It was just a question to see if anyone with a similar interest or belief was interested in an Alliance.

I m also open to starting an Alliance with anyone who likes the Denver Broncos, or Ohio State Buckeyes. (I hope I didn't offend any Michigan Fans:))

• Downvote 1

1. You sure did. How did you define fanatics, though?

2. Are all born again Christians fanatics? Because that seems to be what you're saying here.

3. So, again, what exactly separates a "fanatic" from a "normal" religious person?

Anyone who believes something by the word is a fanatic to me.

Therefore, if someone is a "true" born again, he believes without any question, hence a fanatic.

Truly and utterly believing in an invisible being, because its written in an old book, gathered and collected by Sct. Jerome a couple of hundred years after the most recent events.....

Truly fearing damnation as a result of ones lack of faith....

Homophobe in the name of Lord...... because of the words of Paul (AD 200+/-) lol

The list is quite long actually.

Following something blindly, without a critical thought, is the act of a fanatic!

As the subject of this whole "argument" is imaginary, it's not really worth the time writing these words..... so i feel no need to continue it really. These fingers have typed enough about this waste of time in the past anyway.

• Upvote 1

Guys, I never pushed my views beliefs opinions on any one, simple asked a question. Not trying to segregate, separate, etc. Just looking for people I may have things in common with. I have friends and relatives that aren't christian and I have no problems with them. I really like playing this game and feel I have been respectful to everyone I have chatted with and interacted with. It was just a question to see if anyone with a similar interest or belief was interested in an Alliance.

I m also open to starting an Alliance with anyone who likes the Denver Broncos, or Ohio State Buckeyes. (I hope I didn't offend any Michigan Fans:))

Fair play man, don't let my ramblings get to you, as there is no malice involved. ;)

I just don't want anyone getting offended, by my ques. That's why I left the ques. general. I am here to play a game, but was looking for people with common interests or beliefs and there wasn't any other way of finding out. I didn't want to spark a debate, but when ever you bring up religion it is a hot topic. My intentions weren't to offend, just to find out if anyone wanted to join in an alliance.