The Doctor Returns (Sort of)

Dr._Octagon.gif

Dr. Octagon

Some of you may know me better as Northern Ninjas, but I'd like to announce my return to my original moniker. Even though I was proud of what little I accomplished as NN, it was kind of a novelty account with the purpose of giving Canada some presence in the game.

If any of you fought in KotB a few years ago, that was me.

I'm not 100% back, but I'd like to start preparing for my competitive return in 2019. I'll probably be non-VIP for a couple weeks, but I'd like to either work as a writer or with an org for a couple months to build some funds for some new prospects. Then I'd like to run an org or private gym while my prospects come up.

I have real life and in-game experience as an editor and a writer, and I also have every Adobe program one would need to make avatars or do writeups. I don't have a ton of photoshop experience, but I have made about 20-30 avatars in the past.

Hit me up with any ideas or openings you may have.

• Upvote 7

Welcome back brother! KotB came about right when I started playing the game & it's still one of the funnest orgs I was ever a part of! You may already be aware of this org, Sydney Fights, but to me it captures a similar spirit KotB had. In my humble opinion, I believe the org could use some help with the write ups (who knows they may not want it). They were going strong for a long time but I guess they lost writers or got burned out from doing them. Either way excellent to see you back!

• Upvote 1

Welcome back brother! KotB came about right when I started playing the game & it's still one of the funnest orgs I was ever a part of! You may already be aware of this org, Sydney Fights, but to me it captures a similar spirit KotB had. In my humble opinion, I believe the org could use some help with the write ups (who knows they may not want it). They were going strong for a long time but I guess they lost writers or got burned out from doing them. Either way excellent to see you back!

I love SFC but life is catching up with the owner. That is the problem with signing almost 350 fighters, it just becomes a full time gig with events every other day and nobody maintain that. I really hope Boble trims down his roster to about 200 and keeps the org going strong but I seriously doubt that will happen.

He has some helpers, the LOD guy I am not too familiar with but I know Valenzio is very busy at the moment (he signed 2 spots for my tourneys and dropped one almost at the deadline, I was lucky to find a replacement). No hard feelings, my job can be super busy and with competitions I know how busy it gets.

Yes, I do apoligize again. As I've said, Tycoon has taken a major back seat for this moment in my life.

It all began about a month ago, I had booked time off of work to travel to Nova Scotia, my home, for a very special weekend where two of my best friends were getting married.

The ceremony was in the middle of the forest, at a hundred-year old sanctuary. It was absolutely breath taking. Log cabins, splitting wood for the fire, no cell reception. No need to abide by the usual laws of time, only to abide by the body's requirements (as life should be,) and all of my favorite people in this majestic place.

I found myself again. And throughout the weekend it hit me like a wave. I have been living in Alberta for two years, and it made me realize that I hate it here. The people are different, the air is different. The weather is just fucked. I don't belong here, and so I made a concious decision to move home.

Since then, I have returned to Alberta to finish my work term honorably, I've been working my ass off, and trying to manage my move (which takes place at the end of this month.) The cross-Canada drive is a tedious one to say the least, I've done it a few times before, I know that to keep one's sanity in tact it must be a sprint - very draining to do as fast as possible. Preperations must be put in place.

I've been finding it hard enough to make it on to manage my own roster, and to be honest, I'm not expecting to do great in your tournament. My build is cookie cutter and I did it very quickly with little to no thought, but I felt bad dropping out of both weight classes last minute. But as I do not have wifi currently (or for the near future) I only make it onto the site at best once a day, and it is simply for a quick maintenance check on my roster and not much else.

Sorry for the huge post, just thought this was a good spot to spread clarity on my situation.

• Upvote 3

Like I said bro absolutely 0 hard feelings. To give you an idea of my weekends now that competition starts I have been to Markham , Vegas and tonight drive to Toronto (all in the last 2 weeks) for more fighting on top of holding a very busy (but flexible) job like everyone else. It’s a fun life but man it can take a toll on other fun stuff :)

Yes, I do apoligize again. As I've said, Tycoon has taken a major back seat for this moment in my life.

It all began about a month ago, I had booked time off of work to travel to Nova Scotia, my home, for a very special weekend where two of my best friends were getting married.

The ceremony was in the middle of the forest, at a hundred-year old sanctuary. It was absolutely breath taking. Log cabins, splitting wood for the fire, no cell reception. No need to abide by the usual laws of time, only to abide by the body's requirements (as life should be,) and all of my favorite people in this majestic place.

I found myself again. And throughout the weekend it hit me like a wave. I have been living in Alberta for two years, and it made me realize that I hate it here. The people are different, the air is different. The weather is just fucked. I don't belong here, and so I made a concious decision to move home.

Since then, I have returned to Alberta to finish my work term honorably, I've been working my ass off, and trying to manage my move (which takes place at the end of this month.) The cross-Canada drive is a tedious one to say the least, I've done it a few times before, I know that to keep one's sanity in tact it must be a sprint - very draining to do as fast as possible. Preperations must be put in place.

I've been finding it hard enough to make it on to manage my own roster, and to be honest, I'm not expecting to do great in your tournament. My build is cookie cutter and I did it very quickly with little to no thought, but I felt bad dropping out of both weight classes last minute. But as I do not have wifi currently (or for the near future) I only make it onto the site at best once a day, and it is simply for a quick maintenance check on my roster and not much else.

Sorry for the huge post, just thought this was a good spot to spread clarity on my situation.

I have a few different relatives making the NB to AB drive and yeah, it's a tough one.

I grew up in BC and moved to AB about 10 years ago. I find the people here pretty similar, just a little more conservative. It's actually the big city crowds I hate the most, especially when in traffic. It's enough to drive a person crazy.

Good luck with the transition and I don't blame you for moving back. Halifax is still one of my fave cities in Canada

I'll look into this, thanks man

NN...You want Gagnon and Tower back? I can talk to Mike about transferring them back over to you.

All good man. I still follow a bunch of my old fighter's careers and it's cool to see them develop from afar

Excited to build some new guys soon here

Dr._Octagon.gif

Dr. Octagon

Some of you may know me better as Northern Ninjas, but I'd like to announce my return to my original moniker. Even though I was proud of what little I accomplished as NN, it was kind of a novelty account with the purpose of giving Canada some presence in the game.

If any of you fought in KotB a few years ago, that was me.

I'm not 100% back, but I'd like to start preparing for my competitive return in 2019. I'll probably be non-VIP for a couple weeks, but I'd like to either work as a writer or with an org for a couple months to build some funds for some new prospects. Then I'd like to run an org or private gym while my prospects come up.

I have real life and in-game experience as an editor and a writer, and I also have every Adobe program one would need to make avatars or do writeups. I don't have a ton of photoshop experience, but I have made about 20-30 avatars in the past.

Hit me up with any ideas or openings you may have.

i got a spot or 2 in my gym for a couple fighters for you to help get you going again

I hope things are going well and you’re enjoying coming back home. Waiting for your return- miss seeing you in the chat room.

I hope things are going well and you’re enjoying coming back home. Waiting for your return- miss seeing you in the chat room.

lol that NN isnt me. I noticed that the one time I ever signed in to chat