Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

SPPS-Header-Fist.png

Welcome to the Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained)!

Please note that everything that comes after this was based upon how this org started out...as a 355k+ Restricted ID org!  However, as of November 13, 2021, we are now transitioning to Unrestricted ID status.  While many of the logos in the posts that follow, and even the information in this initial post, reflect an ID restriction the posts going forward will all be based upon our new Unrestricted ID status.

We've seen that there is still an unserved segment of the 355k+ crowd out there that could use a great home. A place where they can feel comfortable knowing that they can give their sparring partner a quick cockshot without having to worry about anything other than the eventual dick kick they've got coming back to them later! A place where the 358k and 359k types can blow a kiss at their opponent and then snap em in the balls without having their head torn off by some early 350k guy with no sense of humor. A place where sneaky is expected and reflexes need to remain on point. That's your new home...Sucker Punch Pro Series!

Initially, 4-fight contracts will be offered as we open up each division (in the order below) with the intent to have those contracts cover a 16 man single elimination tournament. This tourney will simply help crown an initial champ and belt holder, as well as start sorting the division a bit. Gotta determine who's the fastest and sneakiest somehow and who still needs to work up that ladder and work on the snap of the wrist! The contracts aren't intended to be "I fight, I lose, I'm out!" type scenarios...they are meant to be fought out and simply a way of making the start to the divisions have a bit of fun to it! Those who lose in the tourney will continue to fight with the org and work on those nasty cheap shot skills of theirs.

If less than 16 there will be some byes done by initial weight class seeding and if more than 16, the first 16 fighters to sign on with contracts will be in the tourney.

The winner and runner up will both be offered 10k/10k/10k extended contracts after it's over, with the winner getting the belt and an additional 50k bonus check! All others will also be offered slightly enhanced contract extensions as well unless they have gone inactive, plan to move on afterwards or generally just don't seem up to the challenge yet at that point.

We'll be opening divisions in the following order, with 265+ remaining openweight for test fights, unrestricted openweight and other uses:
  • 185# Middleweights
  • 265# Heavyweights
  • 155# Lightweights
  • 170# Welterweights
  • 205# Light Heavyweights
  • 145# Featherweights

One last note: Flights are off in the game...so there is no need to worry about travel to the location of the venues for fights. Don't worry about where your fighter is based versus where the org or the fights are located, as it won't have any impact. All you have to focus on is staying alert and making sure you don't take a stinger to the nutsack that tingles in the wrong way for days!

Welcome home! Welcome to Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+! Contact Hare Rumpler for contracts, questions or to generally fuss about having taken (or not) a shot to the family jewels!

• Upvote 8

SP-Poster-CSS-GENERIC.png

Standings and Updates: Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ Division Sorter Series Tournaments

Here are the brackets as they stand now. Seeding was done by Hype+Pop originally for the 185 & 265 weight classes, but for the others it has been switched to Skill Estimate (in the org tools), W/L Differential and then Total Fights. This should reflect skill and experience in the seeding positions. Yes, there will be some gaps in skill in the first rounds, as the seeding obviously favors the higher seeds in most cases.

Anybody who decides not to take their fight can do so, but it will be an assumed forfeit with the opponent getting a bye. Instead, they (both parties) will then get normally arranged fights that do not count towards this particular Sorting Series. The opponent with the bye will then resume this series during the next normally scheduled bracket fight round. No hard feelings at all, just have to have some organized way of doing this initially for the Series.

If we have standby fighters and we have declined fights or fighters go inactive before the first round, the standby's will be subbed in in order of first signed regardless of seeding. If none are available or willing to stand in, the fighter left without an opponent will get a bye for the round as mentioned.

Good luck boys! Stay dirty!

145# Featherweight Cockshot Sorter Series: (Finalized-Complete)

c20d754d05c3abc69dcab51e10f0d464.png

155# Lightweight Cockshot Sorter Series: (Finalized-Complete)

e33e541c12ca66fe1628c1ef722451d9.png

170# Welterweight Cockshot Sorter Series: (Finalized-Complete)

86c113c57762ec056673fce3824ef61d.png

185# Middleweight Cockshot Sorter Series: (Finalized-Complete)

ace95356003c6ad637997a487011538f.png

205# Light Heavyweight Cockshot Sorter Series: (Finalized-Complete)

56ea02e7a1af9fb1ac1a9c40af1ba0b8.png

265# Heavyweight Cockshot Sorter Series: (Finalized-Complete)

b0526c5237b9fe6c15ac983bb87eb309.png

• Upvote 4

Excellent great to see. I will have at least a couple of guys for you when the weight divs open up

Can't wait till we get to the weight classes that will bring you on board bud! Thanks for the support! While you wait, have that boy work on his reflexes and ability to mask pain! haha.

• Upvote 3

Sucker-Punch-Fist-Forum.png

Sucker Punch Pro Series is PROUD to announce that we have partnered with Shadow Warrior Nutrition for your supplement needs!

Right now, you can get the best Energy Loss Reduction sups on the market from them from the logo below...this way your boys will have enough energy to throat punch their best friend when he isn't looking and immediately move on to giving his next door neighbor a little dinga-linga-badaboom oucharooni without missing a beat! When you need the energy to stealthily get in there and sucker punch your sparring partner with ninja like reflexes, this is the way to do it!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1584375781SWN.jpg

• Upvote 6

A big day today for Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+!!!

I'm thrilled that later today down in Sydney, our first test fight card, Proving Grounds 1, will kick off the newly branded org! The kids on this card are all fairly new to the game and are on one night only contracts...and you can still just feel the excitement as they started arriving at the hotel and venue earlier today. Clearly, they are eager to see if they can put some of those dingle-dinger and cheap shot skills they've been working on with their camps to the test! We wish them all the best...keep yer eyes open and yer nuts outa danger boys!

Bonus to that, we also got our first full set of 16 fighters signed into the 185# Middleweight division today...and are all set to kick off the Middleweight Cockshot Sorter Series in a few weeks that will help us determine the hierarchy of the division and belt a champion after 4 fights! Keep an eye on these boys, I've seen some of them working out in their camps as we've checked in on our contract signees...and quite a few have an absolute wicked streak! I won't give away any of their techniques...but yeah, keep on yer toes boys!

Remember folks, the last thing you want to do is walk into fight night with low morale or energy...ya gotta be up for getting down and dirty and have the energy to put it all together! So change those clothes to get that morale back up, and be sure to rest appropriately before your fights! Don't book any flights...flights are turned off in the game and are a complete waste, so just rest, change your clothes, and sit tight, you'll magically fight when the time comes, no travel required!

Let's get it boys...keep it clean out there...or, well, nah, screw that! Just git er done!

• Upvote 5

Awesome stuff man! That distance between 355 and 360 was a crawl, hopefully that means that youll have some decently trained fighters from the getgo. Good luck!

I really think that will be the case! There has to be winners and losers obviously, but I think a lot of these kids have had a chance to get ready, and at least have some sorta game plan in mind to help rise to the top! Thanks for the well wishes.

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1586356511SP_Poster_185CSS.png

Our 185# Middleweight Cockshot Sorter Series is set and ready to get started up on April 25!

Tracking for all Sorter Series brackets has been moved to the third post in this thread, here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65096&p=910174

• Upvote 4

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1586182995SP_Poster_PG.png

Post Event Cheap Shots: Sucker Punch Pro Series - Proving Grounds 1

Well Sucker Punch fans...for much of the fighting world it's either sometime between the morning hours or late afternoon...but down in Sydney they've wrapped out our inaugural event for Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ with Proving Grounds 1 in the books! It was a small, intimate affair of 400+ (yeah, we crammed a few extra in, why wouldn't we slip a few in there and skirt the rules a bit?!?) screaming fans...and the guest fighters we brought in for this Test Card event definitely gave them what they came for! The Main Event lived up to the hype with a real battle, but we'll get to that later as we start out our look back with the undercards!

Before we proceed, I need to give a HUGE shout out to our nutrition partner, Shadow Warrior Nutrition, who have the absolute best energy loss reduction sups on the market! Get some so you can go full tilt without missing a beat folks.

So let's get to it!

Karmax Razkan Defeats Ronan Darongo via Unanimous Decision

Our first fight of the evening was a light, 1 round 3 minute sparring match between two fighters from Bwang Jong Sr's camp. It just seems like somebody (Bwang!) forgot to tell these guys that it was supposed to be that!

Razkan spent the better part of the three minutes trying out different angles and approaches with his feet, checking to see if Darongo enjoyed tenderized thighs or lumps on his head more. Heck I think he even thought about going for his best impression of our main logo here at Sucker Punch, but saw Bwang staring him down and decided he'd better not get in the doghouse so early in his career!

For his part, spent the majority of the match trying to mask any pain, which he did a good job at...and essentially putting shots out there that didn't really have much of a chance to land. He mixed it up well, but it just didn't seem like his striking was up to the challenge to get past Razkan's defense. Ultimately he ended up only landing a single head shot. Personally, I felt that this short match should have gone to Razkan who was more effective over the three minutes.

Takeaways: Darongo showed a Good Chin and a minimal 18% morale drop after the loss. Razkan showed Determined. Bwang's camp can be fairly particular about the fighters they allow to stick around long-term, so I would say that perhaps Darongo stands a chance, despite the loss. Razkan's days however, might be numbered given the Determined showing. We'll have to keep an eye on this one as it develops.

Post fight, we saw that Bwang's camp had put out a statement in their newsletter online. It read: "Bwang Jong Sr ran his eye over a couple of young hopefuls last night. A Russian wild man named Karmax Razkan and a lanky shaman from Zaire called Ronan Darongo. The determination of the young Russian was evident, but apparently BJS is looking for more than that from his next generation of talent. Darongo exhibited a good chin and some confidence despite losing, and is rumoured to have earnt a second chance to impress."

Sebastion Lynar Defeats Jack Liu via Unanimous Decision

Our second match of the evening featured two up and comers from Jack King's crew. This was a another sparring session between the two, scheduled as a 1 and 3. I have to admit when I saw chins pop up in the tale of the tape, I half expected this to stay on the feet...I coulda been more right...

This thing opened with Lynar first stuffing a Liu takedown attempted, and then deciding, "Ah, F* it!" and deciding to do the honors! Once they were down, this turned into three minutes of Liu showcasing his transitions and sub defense, looking pretty comfortable doing so...and Lynar making a few moves to try to showcase the different sub techniques he and his camp have been working on.

All in all, it was a quick, easy workout for both with no real damage inflicted, which is probably just what Jack had in mind. Lynar took the decision primarily due to the takedown and staying busy with the sub attempts, but I think a true full 3 round match would really show what they're about later on! Something to look forward to as they move on to other opponents!

Takeaways: Lynar showed a Granite Chin and Jack has to be thrilled with that! Liu showed up with a Good Chin, but...dropped a massive 50% of his morale after that easy, 3 minutes decision loss. That kinda confidence...or lack thereof...oomph! I have a feeling that his neck may be squarely on the chopping block.

We managed to catch up with Jack King after the match to see what he thought of his camp's performance out there. He had this to say: "Lynar's the first great chin we've ever had walk into our camp, so I'm over the moon that I finally get to groom a guy that others (I'm looking at you ACTION!) seem to get every time! ;) Liu's chin might be good but that's only because he keeps it tucked from constantly looking down at the floor. He's out the door!"

Rough but honest and straightforward words out of the King Kamp!

Yusuf Mammadov Fights Osayaba Osabi to a Majority Draw

Moving on we watched two evenly matched contestants from Hare of the Dog's training camp go at it to a Draw! Doesn't that sound exciting?!? No you say? Hmm..yeah, you'd probably be right on this one.

This fight went a bit like this...Mammadov and Osabi stare at each other a bit...they clinch. They break clinch. They clinch. Takedown! Squirm around a bit...standup! Clinch...takedown! Standup. Takedown! Squirm around...standup! Rinse, repeat. And it wasn't one sided, they pretty much took turns making a mockery of this for a total of 15 minutes over 3 rounds. I'll be having words with their manager later...oh...wait...

Takeaways: The fight was a draw, so no opportunity to examine morale loss. That kinda stinks. But, Mammadov showed up with a Granite Chin, so huge bonus there. Unfortunately, when looked at by the doc, Osabi had clear indications that he was about as thin skinned as they get, and while he didn't bleed out due to the pillow fight he and Mammadov just put on, it's clear that his future as a fighter...is best spent working on saying, "Would you like fries with that?".

Leonel Da Costa Defeats Riyu Mendes via Submission (Guillotine)

Our fourth match of the evening saw another duo from Hare of the Dog face off with one another. Scheduled for a trio of 5 minute rounds, these two clearly saw the absolute reaming that Mammadov and Osabi got from Hare and wanted NO part of that shit!

Mendes came out and let the fists fly baby...which frankly I loved seeing! His effort and desire to start this fight out like...well...a fight was well received by both manager and crowd! Especially being that his initial barrage left Da Costa with a bloody nose within the first few seconds of the fight! Mendes musta been feelin' himself a bit at that point, and...

...maybe that wasn't such a good idea on his part! He decided to abandon what just worked so well, and drove through Da Costa into side control. Da Costa wanted him on the mat, just not on top, so after tossing him aside (and being very awake after that tag on the nose early) decided he'd like to return the favor with a takedown of his own...after which it wasn't but a few seconds before Mendes was frantically tapping out from a beautiful...and clearly tight, if his purple face was any indicator...guillotine! Yep, this whole thing lasted 38 seconds from start to finish. Efficiency at it's finest!

Takeaways: Both of these competitors showed good to solid chins, which is nice, but nothing special. Hey, it's better than liking pizza right? Or being good in bed? Hmm...that's to be debated! After taking the loss, Mendes showed only a 17% drop in morale, so at least he's got a fair bit of confidence! We'll probably be seeing what these guys have going forward and go from there. At least they won't be the target of Hare's ranting and raving the entire way home...unlike a couple others we won't mention again!

Robert Munson Defeats Harry Winston via Unanimous Decision

Arriving at the middle of the card brought us to the first of two Louie DePalma pairings, both matches intended to be casual 1 and 3's. These two fairly big boys got into it, and got into it in a serious way, seeing just how much pain can be offered in 3 minutes!

The match started with a couple strikes and kicks from distance, but Munson quickly decided it was time for the big bodies to clash and rushed into the clinch. From there, these two just unloaded bombs from up close on each other from every angle! Or at least, I should say Munson did...Winston did his best to try to give back a few times, but really was busy trying to avoid the downpour of punches, knees...and more knees...and elbows that Munson was raining down upon him. At one point I feared for poor Winston's life when Munson got him into the Thai Clinch...

Anyway, Winston never landed a shot, being too concerned with trying to live through the three minutes! He did manage to prevent any major damage though or being taken out and finished, so there is something to be said for this man's heart.

Takeaways: Unfortunately, even though the fight was a great 3 minutes of action and the fans loved it, these two showed Inexperienced and Prefers Standup...something that I can't imagine thrilled their manager.

After the fight, we thought about getting a word with Louie...but he seemed a bit agitated and was preparing to watch the next match which also featured two of his fighters, so we figured we'd hold off and discuss both at once.

Eric Draven Defeats Kuroda Atsushi via TKO (Strikes)

Having backed away from Louie for now, we settled in for the next match between two more Louie DePalma pupils, Draven and Atsushi. It's a good thing we had our head on a swivel...because if we had blinked too long we'd have missed this one! It was scheduled for 3 minutes, but these boys didn't need it for sure!

Atsushi came out with aggression for sure, intending to take the fight to Draven...but clearly Draven was well prepared for the striking game and was having none of it! Anything Atsushi had to offer, Draven was prepared to slip and counter! It repeated several times for the first half minute of this fight..Atsushi attempts...Draven makes him pay for it. Draven waits...Atsushi offers and misses...and Draven lands one that thuds sickeningly. An overhand right from Draven which drew blood and rocked Atsushi, then a monster uppercut that sent him off the cage...setting up a straight right down main street as he bounced back, already with a faraway look in the eyes!

I have a feeling Atsushi needed to be told where he was, who he was, and what happened in the past 48 hours after he woke up from this one!

Takeaways: This was a beauty and will probably walk away with KO of the night. However, we have a feeling it won't be a satisfying result for Louie, as Atsushi showed Cuts Easily, which he also gave an example of in the fight thanks to that overhand right from Draven. Draven, while looking fantastic, showed Determined. Probably a less than desirable outcome from the tale of the tape for their manager.

After this second match, we approached Louie DePalma to get his thoughts on the prior two matches and see if our suspicions were correct. As we got closer, we could see the death glare in his eyes...and decided that we preferred our own nuts right where they currently resided...and slinked back to our seats! I feel for these four fighters this evening...I do!

Cedric De Boise Defeats Raimundo Forza via Unanimous Decision

Next up as we approach the top of the card we had two gentlemen (to use the term very loosely) from Laz Staz's camp. Scheduled for one, three minute round...we were excited to see what would go down in this match as De Boise had previously shown a huge right hand in his prior fight!

This one went to the ground in a hurry, first with a failed attempt by Forza which was then quickly followed up by a successful takedown into half guard by De Boise. This thing then quickly became a hot and heavy lovefest of sub attempts and trying to avoid being tapped out. More of the former by De Boise and the latter by Forza! That failed attempt early on clearly was going to haunt Forza, as he attempted one sub from the bottom and then realized his time was better spent avoiding tapping out.

Over the course of 3 minutes, De Boise attempted 13 subs! Haha...here a choke, there a kimura, everywhere a sub-sub! This one clearly went to De Boise as Forza was just trying to stay alive with all his joints still working in the proper directions in this one.

Takeaways: De Boise showed Insanely Flexible in this one, but as we mentioned he'd previously shown himself to have a big right hand. I don't think he hurt his value any. Forza on the other hand showed Determined, and despite losing only about 18% of his morale after the loss, I suspect he might be on thin ice with Laz at this moment.

We are unable to get a chance to speak with Laz Staz before he slipped out of the arena after this fight. However, his colleague with Yabai, Theksit Ruengruong, was standing nearby so we asked him for his thoughts given how well he knows Laz. He had this to say: "Forza is weak. Laz is ruthless with his projects. Forza is gone." Those are words that may haunt Forza on the flight home folks! That is...if he's offered a flight home...ouch.

Alfred Drouin Defeats Ruiz Ruiz via Unanimous Decision

We now reach our final undercard bout before the main events! Roman Benson managed Alfred Drouin and Ruiz Ruiz, (formerly) out of Martin O's camp agreed to go at it in a full three round match! Ruiz came into this fight with a record of 2-0 from being managed previously by Uche Uche. Drouin was making his debut with an 0-0 record.

Unfortunately for Ruiz, from early on in this fight it seemed to become apparent that he was destined to spend this fight on his back, frustrated. Drouin would get the takedown with fair ease...and in the first round Ruiz seemed to be able to get a reversal or standup as needed. Once he started getting tired though, Drouin gained full control of the situation, and kept him on his back for three rounds, with a sprinkling of sub attempts thrown in throughout.

Drouin showed a really nice ability to control the fight and take it where he wanted to, but just seemed to lack the skills yet at this point to put it away and finish. To his credit Ruiz seemed to be able to fend off the sub attempts and take this the distance, despite being unable to escape back to the feet. Clearly the crowd shared the frustration of both fighters as "booos" could be heard trickling down through the match which seemed to crawl along for many in attendance. Clearly these two will become much more electrifying though when their skills get more refined!

Takeaways: Solid performances by both fighters also brought to light good and solid chins. Not bad! Not Granite, but certainly not "likes pizza" or something along the lines of preferring to Netflix and chill! Haha. In the loss, Ruiz showed some decent confidence with only dropping 14% of his morale with the loss. So that's another positive. Both may be a judgement call for their respective managers I would think.

I caught up with both managers after the match.

Roman Benson simply responded: "Good event. Any new fights propositions? Let's go! ;)"

Referring to Ruiz, Martin O said: "I'll keep him around for a bit and see where he goes. Early losses don't bother me as long as you can see some light." I don't know whether this was just lip service for the media, or if the flight home and the talk with his boy didn't go the way he liked...but at the time of this writing Ruiz Ruiz had been found wandering around town looking for a new home. His sign read, "Will fight for pizza!", which is strange, I don't remember him mentioning he liked pizza!

Co-Main Event

Adils Hallbjornsson Defeats Abram Dunlap via Unanimous Decision

Our next to last event of the evening highlighted two young Action Jackson prospects. They were slated to go at it in a short, fast and furious 1 and 3! All eyes would clearly be on this matchup, as most people know about Action's history of nurturing young granite chinned prospects!

Hallbjornsson previously showed a Granite Chin in another fight, so I somewhat thought he might be the heavy aggressor going into this one. It more or less went that way, but with Dunlap doing his best to give as good as he got. This fight started looking like one scene out of "Bloodsport" where the two contestants went at it taking turns kicking each other over and over! The difference being that Hall would land the kick, and then cheat and make Dunlap miss! Hall's kicks were landing with scary efficiency and clearly there wasn't much Dunlap could do about it!

And then about halfway into our 3 minutes...the unthinkable...the amazing...the...well, this wouldn't be Sucker Punch Pro Series if we didn't get at least one of these a card...and we weren't let down!!!!

"Oooooooooooh, not good. A low kick from Hallbjornsson lands where it shouldn't have, right in the... well, you know what he did? He kicked him in the penis. He's injured, injured bad. The referee sends both fighters to their corners and Dunlap has 5 minutes to recover. He's OK now though..."

You dirty bastard Hallbjornsson!!! You're already beating the guy, and you have to go for a low-down, sneaky, mean cockshot?!? Yes, you did, and yes..."WE LOVE YOU MAN!!!" I wish along with KO of the Night, Sub of the Night and Fight of the Night, we could also award a "Cheap Shot of the Night"! You be da winner mah man! Anyways, after that Hall just continued to kick the crap outa Dunlap...I think possibly literally...on his way to a decision victory.

Takeaways: Hallbjornsson showed a Granite Chin in the test fight! Woot. But it looks like he knew that before. Unfortunately his other new guy, Dunlap, showed Self Confident. Although he only lost 8% morale for the loss, which means he has really good confidence!

I asked Action Jackson about his thoughts on the fight: "Not going to risk it with the self confident plus I have too many new fighters currently at HW. Really hoping Hall's confidence is fine and I'll be good!"

Sure enough, we found Dunlap unemployed...but hey, still self confident...after the venue closed it's doors!

Main Event

Emiliano Blackburn Defeats Petsuwan Sitsongrit via Unanimous Decision

And FINALLY...the MAIN EVENT!!! And this one lived up to its billing early on. A fight matching Cue Dini's Blackburn with Theksit Ruengruong's Petsuwan Sitsongrit...I'd been waiting all week for this one!

This one was scheduled for 3 rounds, 5 minutes each. And these two had no intention of making us wait for the action to start...no feeling each other out...no measuring each other up...nope...just...let's go baby! I love it!

Sitsongrit started putting a few out there on Blackburn...and Blackburn said nah, let's hug...so into the clinch they went! Sitsongrit appeared to have the standup advantage there as well though, as Blackburn immediately got the wind pumped out of him with a nasty dig to the ribs!

So what to do? Well, then to the ground we go said Blackburn! I wasn't sure what the plan was at that point as Blackburn appeared content to try to transition, but was mostly controlling, which Sitsongrit was happy with as well. The ref clearly agreed and a standup was in short order. Another minute or two of standup and both combatants seemed to have found a comfort level striking from range...and then...

BAM! Sitsongrit hangs a lazy one out there that connects solidly and rocks Blackburn...it looked like this one was about to be over real quick like! I have to give it up for Blackburn here though, not only did he manage to survive, but he got his senses together and really pressed on. This man must have some serious heart! Sitsongrit won the first round there, but Blackburn may have won the crowd's hearts by showing some serious chutzpah!

Round 2 saw Blackburn starting to establish himself and an ability to control the fight where he wanted it, first in the clinch again and then on the ground. Sitsongrit didn't seem to have the ability to force a standup or escape, which left him being controlled by Blackburn and giving him the round. Round 3 found Blackburn going to the well of what worked best so far, taking it to the ground immediately and controlling the rest of the way out. Not much in the way of any ground and pound or sub attempts though, so maybe that's something he'll show later with further development.

Takeaways: Blackburn may have won the fight on this one, but I think long term Sitsongrit may be the big winner perhaps having shown a Granite Chin vs. Blackburn's Cardio Machine. On top of that, with the loss Sitsongrit only lost 7% morale, which is a great showing of confidence!

I managed to snag a smiling Theksit Ruengruong afterward and asked him why he was smiling after a loss by his boy, and he said: "Yeah huge confidence for Petsuwan Hare. The boy is a keeper! Granite chin with confidence is more than good!"

And, to double up, I thought we'd miss Cue Dini, but right as I got out front, a limo pulled up and as the door opened, up stepped Cue! So I grabbed him real quick to ask him about his boy Blackburn! "What a comeback for Emiliano and myself, I confess to neglecting him for 3 months and letting him get fat on the sofa. Sitsongrit thought he would get an easy victory but my boy had other ideas. Glad I gave him a chance to prove he still has what it takes."

So there we have it Sucker Punch fans!

Our first event as a re-branded org is in the history books. Some good things found. Some not so great things found. But hey, knowing early is better than finding out the hard way later, right?

We had a really nice TKO...a beautiful guillotine submission...some all out brawls...and certainly not the least...a nice solid kick to the dingle dangle! You just have to love a fighter who takes our logo to heart! What more could a Sucker Punch fan ask for? Till next time, keep it cheap and dirty!

• Upvote 7

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1586356536SP_Poster_265CSS.png

Our 265# Heavyweight Cockshot Sorter Series is set and ready to get started up on May 2!

Tracking for all Sorter Series brackets has been moved to the third post in this thread, here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65096&p=910174

• Upvote 3

We are now actively recruiting for the following weight class divisions starting immediately:
  • 155# Lightweights
  • 170# Welterweights

We continue to recruit for these divisions although the sorter series has been scheduled to start. We will keep you active and get you into the mix if you come in mid-stream now though!

• 185# Middleweights
  • 265# Heavyweights

Soon to come, recruitment for:

• 205# Light Heavyweights
  • 145# Featherweights

Contact Hare Rumpler for contracts, questions or a review of your underhanded, dirty tactics!

• Upvote 2

Hey Sucker Punch Fans!
Today I wanted to touch base with you guys, especially anybody newer to the game and managing their fighters, about energy and morale. Two very, very important aspects of your fighter that if you don't manage well, you'll never get the best from your fighter!
First, ENERGY: This one is important for both training as well as on fight day. Training - If your fighter has dropped below 90% energy...he is NOT going to get the very best from his training, which means eventually if you continue training this way, your guy will fall behind others regardless of his learning speed or not. Fights - If you let your fighter walk into a fight without close to his full energy, there is a very good chance you are setting him up for a loss. If he doesn't get lucky and finish the fight early via a KO or Sub, there is a very good chance that as the fight drags on, even as early as late in the first round, he's going to get gassed and be more subsceptible to being finished. Give your guy the best shot possible...keep his energy ready to go on fight day, and be sure he's training at above 90%!
Regaining Energy: The only way to regain energy is to rest him (set his training schedule to "no training" for as many days as it takes to get back to where you want him. You can find out how many days it will take by going to the little icon at the top right of your fighter's page that looks like a weight, located between the red "VS" and the Eyeball icons. It helps keeping the energy up if you are using supplements as well, but the main thing is to manage those training sessions, lay off before a fight for at least 2 sessions or however many it takes to get back to or close to full energy!
Now, MORALE: If your guy has not regained his morale to close to 100%, or at least over 95% or so, then the lower he is the less chance he's going to go into a fight focused and having the confidence to try to win it. Morale will drop for a number of reasons, including a loss in a fight and not changing his clothes often enough. If your poor dude is still wearing his magic white t-shirt and shorts, it's time to change that up.
Regaining Morale: You will want to go to "Posessions" in the right hand menu of the page, right down between Sponsors and Finances and check for his clothing and supplement usage there. If he doesn't have any other clothes, you should consider going shopping for some. If his morale needs to be boosted back up, try changing his clothes every day until it gets back to where you want it. After that, changing them every so often when the quality of them gets down to 140 or lower should keep his morale up barring a loss in a fight.
Anyways, I hope this helps any newer managers out there. Reach out to me or any other experienced manager if you have any questions. Others might have other tips for you as well, but I hope this helps get all of our cheap shot artists in the best shape they can be come fight day and during training! More experienced managers, feel free to jump in here with any additional pieces of information that I failed to touch on, or to correct me as necessary!
Take care,
Hare
  • Upvote 4

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1586182995SP_Poster_PG.png

Post Event Cheap Shots: Sucker Punch Pro Series - Proving Grounds 2

Welcome back Sucker Punch fans! A little under a day now removed since 1800+ Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ fans went stumbling and bumbling home from Proving Grounds 2 in Sydney! Most of them are just waking up after sleeping off their hangovers and an evening fueled by adrenaline and testosterone. There were 9 fights on the card…well, technically 10…but two of the fighters from the same camp caught a ride from the hotel together…and apparently told the cabbie to head to Melbourne! Um, Melbourne?!? MMAT doesn’t even fight in Melbourne you fools! Anyways, Jack is probably fuming over this and seriously beginning to question the intelligence of those two. But, without further delay, let’s move on to see what happened for those who actually showed up to fight

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1584375781SWN.jpg

But first, as always, ya gotta give your shout out to a fantastic merch partner. Shadow Warrior Nutrition is about as reliable as they come, they’re there for us as a new org and you can count on them to be there when you need the absolute best energy loss reduction sups on the market! Get yours now and energize up for the big event or just when you need to get up and get that training in!

So let's get to it!

Mike Oxmall Defeats Akuma Manivong via TKO (Strikes)

Our first fight of the evening was scheduled for three-five minute rounds. Yeah, that wasn’t gonna happen! Not when you have an experienced manager like Ibrahim Camara in one man’s corner, and that freak of a mess, Hare Rumpler backing up the other guy!

The first fight in each of these fella’s careers, Oxmall came out looking to make a statement. A little back and forth, a little sizing up, a jab here, a punch there, there a kick…for a bit over a minute that’s what we got as they felt one another out. No, not like that, get your mind outa the gutter you freaks! About a minute and half in though, Oxmall seemed to find his comfort zone and had what he wanted to do in mind, and proceeded to land a quick sharp one that rocked Mani right down the middle.

Surprisingly, Mani managed to get his composure back, but it seems to me that Oxmall spent that time deciding just how he was going to end this, and how badly it was gonna hurt for Manivong! Mani may have been back in it, but he wasn’t keeping the D tight…and Oxmall knew it…and started punishing him with powerful uppercuts…finally landing one that turned the lights out…standing against the cage, but lights out nonetheless! A big first win for Oxmall.

Takeaways: This wasn’t a total loss for Akuma Manivong as he showed a Solid Chin and after the loss still seemed to have a ton of confidence, only dropping off a little over 16%. That’s promising for the long run at least! For Mike Oxmall, he came up golden with a Granite Chin! And what seems to be a killer instinct…I don’t think Camp Camara is complaining the day after!

Kurt Cobain Defeats Duval Sitsongrit via KO (Punch)

And without further delay, on to our second match of the evening. This one brought the “Boom!” to the “Hey, what just happened?!?” party! Kurt Cobain is a young 18 yo out of Andrew Wittig’s camp…and across from him in the ring tonight was Duval Sitsongrit, what everybody over at Yabai was hoping would be the next newly developing prodigy to come out of the Sitsongrit family gym.

This match was schedule for 15 minutes of action over three rounds…but anybody who went to the bathroom or to get a drink and didn’t get back to their seat pronto blinked and missed! And boy did they miss…the KO of the Night!!!

The bell rang…the two fighters rushed together…and Cobain had a monster uppercut waiting that found where X marks the spot on Duval’s chin! And dowwwwwwn he goes! Sitsongrit bounced right back up, but honestly, I’m not sure it was anything but instinct, because he took one directly down the pipe for his trouble…and that ladies and gentlemen, is called “nighty-night!”

5 seconds, two punches, one massive headache the next day!

Takeaways: The Sitsongrit camp is NOT going to be happy with not only the loss, but the tale of the tape on this one…as their boy Duval turns out to be a bleeder. I mean, have you ever seen a guy’s CHIN bleed from a punch? One punch? He showed good confidence, but that tendency to cut means he may want to start looking into selling insurance instead! As for Cobain, we didn’t get much from him as his cardio was way up. Could be hiding something decent, but it’s usually not a good sign if your cardio is your best trait. He definitely has some pop in those hands though…so I would think his manager may keep the boy around.

Unable to locate Mr. Wittig following Cobain’s fight last night, we reached out to their office this morning. We didn’t receive a call back, but later in the day the following memo was released: “There will be plenty more where that came from. He's trained hard and will continue to do so, that was but a sample. Now you know who Kurt is, maybe he'll be seen in the cage a few more times in the future over at Sucker Punch! That fight ended up not being fair due to the opponents hidden cut trait. On the flip side, I didn't get to see my guy's hidden, thought as long as it was 12, cardio wouldn't pop. Maybe he just doesn't have anything else to show up on tott?

It seems the jury may still be out on Cobain, so only time will tell. We’ll keep an eye on this as it develops. Clearly he is being given some time to show more, as the rumor going round indicates he just signed on to Sucker Punch for an extended 4 fight contract after this test fight!

Karim Johnson Defeats Richarlie Forza via Submission (Armbar)

Next up we had a light sparring match between two pals from over in London, both of whom train under Laz Staz at the heralded Dr Hatsumi’s Clinic. Johnson is the senior fighter here, having two professional fights under his belt already going into this one and having previously shown KO Power, so really this was more of an audition for the new Forza to see what the new kid on the block had in him…and how he might handle himself if defeated by an older more experienced fighter.

Sure enough, this short one rounder went how you’d expect. The more experienced Johnson was immediately in control. Looking to eventually take it to the ground himself, he first let the kid have a couple cracks at takedowns, all of which failed for the young Forza. Almost a minute in, Johnson decided to show him how it’s done…and swiftly got him to the mat and moved in for a potential arm triangle.

Forza showed some ability to hold his composure even under the pressure of being in a bad spot, as he fended off 5 really decent sub attempts by Johnson before finally. Johnson went back to the well, trying for the third arm triangle of the short match, but this time had a trick in mind and switched to an armbar that put this match in the history books 4 seconds before it was officially due to end! A nice finish.

Takeaways: We already knew what Johnson had and he gave us what we expected. As for Forza, the upside was he showed himself to have some heavy handed stuff going on. Unfortunately, his confidence was a bit shattered after failing to do better on the ground and his morale was about half. That may not cut it for camp Staz…so we’ll have to see, but his days MAY be numbered.

As a member of Yabai, I thought we’d be able to get access to Laz Staz after the event. However, he clearly wasn’t in the mood to discuss and headed out of the building with a disappointed look plastered on his face. We here in the business refer to that as the “somebody’s getting their ass handed to them” face!

Stank Zatsch Defeats Yero Bassole via Submission (Kimura)

The next match of the evening featured the first of quite a few of my own guys from Hare of the Dog gym tonight. Across the cage we had Stank Zatsch, managed by one of the best in the game, Aylib! Nobody would have expected this match to be an easy one for the Hare crew by any stretch, and Aylib was ready to make sure that that was exactly the case!

This match was scheduled for 3 rounds, 5 minutes a piece…but as seemed to be the trend last night, we would not need nearly that amount of time to figure out who was better prepared for their first professional fight! Within a second, possibly two, of the bell ringing Zatsch immediately shot in for a takedown, got it and landed in a very, very comfortable (for him, not for Bass!) side control! This was already very, very bad for Bass…very bad.

Bassole surprised a bit, showing an ability to control for well over a minute, staying out of the big mess we thought he’d be in from the git go…but sure enough, once Zatsch became comfortable that he wasn’t going to be in any trouble of his own, he started pressing for the sub! One attempt at a kimura just before the two minute mark was fended off by Bass…but it only took a little more than another half minute before Zatsch caught him sleeping, and finally perfected the technique, showing just how a beautiful kimura is done! Well earned by Zatsch, really disappointing for Bassole.

Takeaways: Zatsch got the win in more ways than one tonight, as he also showed a fantastic Granite Chin! Aylib has to be over the moon about this. As for Bassole, he came up with a nice Solid Chin, but unfortunately took about a 40% hit on his confidence after this match. That’s just brutal…and despite having a spectacular learning speed, this is going to make things a big tense back at camp as the Hare crew will need to figure out what to do.

We didn’t need to go looking for Zatsch’s manager, Aylib, because he found us before we could even get to the end of the row where we were sitting! He came running up, and simply yelled from the end of the row, “Fans should be delighted to know that Zatsch is a fast learner and we’re looking forward to his development!” And then off he ran, jumping in a limo and giving a hearty wave is it sped off! Clearly this man is on a mission and excited by what he’s seen!

Ivan Grozniy Defeats Yusuf Mammadov via TKO (Cut)

At the midway point of the night we see two fighters both from Hare of the Dog gym. Ivan Grozniy comes in as the slightly more mature fighter and some would say this was a thinly veiled attempt to see how Mammadov handles a loss after he pulled a draw in his first fight a week ago.

What we didn’t expect in this one was for Ivan to come out with a mean, dirty, downright bad attitude…with a lust for blood and a desire to make it hurt! Mamma wanted this one on the mat, but Groz was having nothing to do with that, and as the taller, heavier fighter easily controlled and prevented. They traded turns initiating the clinch, a mistake on Mamma’s part I might add, probably due to sheer youthful arrogance.

Groz made him pay for that, dearly and in blood, with a nasty elbow right above the temple that sent the blood flowing for Mamma! Blinking the blood from his left eye, Mamma just took it as Groz punished him with a shot to the body that took the wind right outa Mamma! Groz spent the next minute or so punishing Mamma with body shots, occasional knees…and elbow after elbow thrown in just making the blood rain…the canvas was starting to look like some sort of abstract art piece done in reds!

Somehow the doc let this fight continue after the first round…but I can’t tell you why. You could just feel the tension as I think everybody down close knew this one had to stop! About a minute into the second round, the doc musta seen that Groz was continuing to target Mamma with the elbows…and knew he had to finally do the right thing, stopping this one before he bled the hell out!

Takeaways: We already knew Mammadov had a Granite Chin…apparently he’s got stone cold confidence also only dropping 12% morale after that brutal match. We also knew Grozniy had a Granite as well, so onward and upward for both hopefully!

After the fight, we caught up with Donkey, Hare’s assistant, and he had this to say about Mammadov: “I give Mammadov kudos for being willing to really stick this one out despite being viciously assaulted with those deadly elbows! Dude stood in there and was still arguing with the doc right up till the end! We love it.

After the fight, we thought about getting a word with Louie...but he seemed a bit agitated and was preparing to watch the next match which also featured two of his fighters, so we figured we'd hold off and discuss both at once.

Lester Karnage Defeats Behanzin Hossu Bowelle via KO (Punch)

Getting there, our next to last undercard match of the night saw a young fighter from the Pantheon of Paroxysm gym run by our own Esiah Xavier go up against a new young, demented student of the very accomplished Blake Phoenix! The docs were telling us right before this match started that they’d be keeping a very close eye on Bowelle, as apparently he cut himself twice on posters that the fans were holding up for him on the way in!

As this one got going, and these two combatants started moving around…sure enough, it only took a single right from Karnage and Bowelle was already bleeding…oh my! This cannot be putting a smile to his manager’s face! Anything but!

Karnage was intent on getting to the clinch, and he did, immediately working Bowelle over with a right…a left…and then…boom, a big uppercut to buckle Bowelle’s knees for him! Bowelle seemed to have some fight left in him, never giving up and swinging wildly, but he was a dead man walking already and it only took a few more seconds before Karnage was able to tee him up for one more huge uppercut that sent him for a nap! We thought we’d already seen the KO of the Night earlier…but…oh my…could this be it instead?!? This was a devastating display of power and aggression!

Takeaways: While Bowelle seemed to show a little bit of heart and “never give up” out there, his chin just may not be there…but what we do know, is that his tendency to slice and dice himself even without stepping into the ring doesn’t bode well for a fighting career. I had the feeling his days were numbered ahead of time, and sure enough, by the time we wrote this he’d already been sent to the unemployment line! As for Karnage…surprise, surprise, he showed he’s got some heavy hands and put up a fantastic demonstration tonight. Maybe a nice nasty killer instinct to go with it!

I managed to catch Blake Phoenix after the fight to see what his thoughts were…he grabbed the mic from me and said, “As expected, Lester Karnage put a beating on his opponent. We expected this result, but didn't expect it to be so fast.”…then dropped the mic and walked away. No, really, the friggin’ guy dropped my damned mic! Hey man, ever hear of germs?!?

We were unable to locate Mr. Xavier after the event last night. However, upon reaching out to his office today, the receptionist simply responded when asked about Bowelle, “Who? Oh, yeah, Mr. Xavier already cut that dude. He’s history.” Well, when it’s time to move on, it’s time to move on…and clearly Esiah Xavier has moved on ladies and gentlemen!

Croatian Yakuza Defeats Riyu Mendes via TKO (Strikes)

Approaching the Main Events, our last undercard match of the night saw an extremely dangerous Croatian Yakuza out of Valentina’s camp take on Riyu Mendes in both fighter’s first pro bout! This was always going to be an uphill battle for the young Mendes who was backed by none other than yours truly, while Yakuza’s manager is a highly ranked, experienced manager in the game!

This one quickly turned into a match of punching and kicking…more of the former from Yakuza and the latter from Mendes. They came out fast and furious for over 2 minutes…but clearly young Mendes’ conditioning is not quite there…he became visibly tapped out about halfway through the 3rd minute of action, with the clinch put on him by Yakuza taking its toll. Eventually Yakuza just trapped young Mendes against the cage, bouncing him off it blow after blow…until finally he rocked Mendes, and finished it off with a game ending uppercut followed by a barrage! Good night sweetheart, it’s time to go!

Takeaways: A really strong showing for Yakuza, he showed big heart in the TotT. Not sure if his manager will love that…but he certainly seemed to have what it took out there to finish! For Mendes, we already knew he had a solid chin, which showed again as he took a lot of punishment in this one…but the upside is that he only lost about 20% of his morale…not fantastic, but not awful, at least he doesn’t completely crumble after a loss!

Co-Main Event

Ronan Darongo Defeats Xander Karma via KO (Punches)

Finally…our co-main event of the evening! And while you didn’t get an extended affair for your money on this one, what you did get was pure unadulterated violence!!! Just what the fans ordered up! Two of Bwang Jong Sr’s fighters here…we all know that to make it in his camp, you better be able to bring it, and show the entire package baby! Darongo and Karma set up to do just that…and off they went…Karma throwing a flurry early and Darongo returning a combo of his own! Yeah baby, this is what we pay to see! The first series from Darongo immediately drew blood from Karma, something that put a look of concern on Bwang’s face right away as we kept our eye on their discerning manager!

Darongo made it very apparent early that he wanted to get this thing to the ground, trying to pull guard twice within the first minute…and then again just after the minute mark. You had to wonder if Darongo was going to gas himself out early in this match and hand it to Karma! Apparently that was enough to convince Darongo to change tactics and as they separated it became clear the hands were going to fly…Karma foolishly tried a takedown… opening himself for a right…and then another HUGE right, leaving Karma standing there stunned in disbelief over how quickly he’d just taken two powerful rights!

Darongo wasn’t going to squander it, pouncing with lefts and rights and finishing this one before Karma had time to get his wits back about him. A nice finish, you have to wonder if Karma really knew what he was doing out there though!

Takeaways: Unfortunately for Bwang, the docs confirmed for us that his new boy Karma was just going to be a notorious bleeder going forward. He showed a fair amount of confidence, but bleeding at the drop of a dime is just not a good thing. Sorry man, maybe mail carrier? Nah, probably cut yourself too often. Good luck with your next career. For Darongo, he showed a nice Good Chin and a desire to win…but…

…we were unable to get a direct quote from Bwang Jong Sr. after last night's event ended. From his appearance BJS seemed stoical but clearly unimpressed with the latest attempts to please him by the eager young wannabes on last night’s card. It is well known that only the very best are granted a place on his elite training program. Clearly, his search for a new student/disciple continues.

Main Event

Fook Man Defeats Anakoni Kai via Unanimous Decision

And nowwww, for our Main Event…two fighters from Louis DePalma’s camp…Fook Man…and Anakoni Kai!!! Dang I love those names! It just slips off the tongue…Fook n’ Kai! Fook n’ Kai! I could say that all night!

Anyways, off we went. Man kicked Kai twice…and then upon touching him lovingly on the cheek, Kai sprang a bleeder. Yep, just like that. Oh man. Er, I mean, Kai. I’m confused here! Haha.

Unfortunately, and trust me, I wish I could say differently…this one turned out a bit underwhelming for a main event. It wasn’t for lack of action, I mean, these two threw down…Man delivering punch after punch, kick after kick. Kai giving it back when he could…but honestly, Kai looked winded really early. Not sure his conditioning was quite ready for what Fook Man was gonna bring to the table. But overall, no big “ooh” moments, no ground game, just a little standup exhibition. It was what it was and ended just the way it seemed to go from the beginning, with a Fook Man decision.

Takeaways: The Louie DePalma camp has been having a rough go recruiting new young talent of late…and tonight proved no different. Turns out Man is supposed to be the one who cuts easily, yet Kai was the one who did it. That’s not great. Kai also showed Determined, which isn’t as great as it may sound…although barely dropped any morale so has fantastic confidence. We’ll see what Louis decides to do after this one. Fook may have won, but in the end he may have lost due to that cut tendency I think.

That’s two in the books for the newly rebranded org! Again, some good things found. Some not so great things found. But knowing who’s going to bleed like a bitch and who ain’t is half the battle ain’t it?!?

We had some fantastic KO’s in last night’s action…several good finishes via TKO also! A couple beautiful subs thrown in for flavor…and damn, some of these boys bled more than my ex on her worst…er, nevermind. Yeah, man, it was that messy out there on the mat by the end of the night!

Anyways, till next time, keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

• Upvote 5

Ok Sucker Punch Fans! We're so, so close!

Closer than you feel to death when your newly ex-girlfriend finds you hooking up with your ex-wife and tees up to place kick you right in the family jewels! Haha. No, all kidding aside (*whispers* I'm not kidding about feeling close to death, or wishing it though if that happens!)...

We're very close to getting most of our divisions stocked well enough to hit our target of at least 16 in each! Here's what we still could use to round things out a bit in our 355k+ org:

144 lb - We're at 19!!! WTG folks, we're going to rock things in this division!

155 lb - 3 more!

170 lb - 1 more! Right there, at 15...let's get one more!!!

185 lb - We're at 21 and really well off in this division with the Sorter Series tourney already set...you guys rock!

205 lb - 1 more! Yep, also at 15...c'mon, you know there's one more cockshot artist out there who is ready to go!

265 lb - Happy to say we're at 19 and the Sorter Series tourney is already set for this also! Da big boys ready to rumble!

So yeah, we could really use a few Lightweights, and one or two Welterweights and Light Heavyweights! So c'mon boys, if you've got the reflexes of a cat, are sly like a fox and don't mind playing dirty, you need to get over here right now!

Reach out to me with any questions folks! Thanks and see ya there.

• Upvote 5

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1586890930SP_Poster_PG.png

Post Event Cheap Shots: Sucker Punch Pro Series - Proving Grounds 3

Welcome Sucker Punch fans! We’re back for our third event in the Proving Grounds series, a series of test fight cards dedicated to helping folks figure out what they’ve got and which fighters deserve to continue their careers in the cage…and which should be helping to load lumber for folks at your local home improvement store!

This week we had 8 fights on the card, all 3 minute quick fights to see what’s there on the surface for each competitor. Some, we found out about what’s under the surface too thanks to a few nasty competitors who decided 3 minutes was more than enough to make em bleed! We were short two fights on the card due to a manager not signing his fight contracts and such on time…and as an org owner trying to organize things I’m not overly thrilled about that as it very much affects the quality of the card (which would already be lower due to the nature of the fights). Oh well, we live and move on! So let’s get to it…

Oh, what’s that? You wanted to know about Shadow Warrior Nutrition? Well hell, thanks for asking! They happen to carry the absolute best energy loss reduction sups on the market! Whether you’re just trying to keep that energy up for your fighters from one training session to the next, or ensure they’re at full energy for the big fight, Shadow Warrior has what you need to keep your guys in top form. Visit them today, you won’t be disappointed.

So let's get to it!

Anni Skystalker Defeats Leonel Da Costa via KO (Punches)

To get us started, we were scheduled to see a quick sparring session between the slightly older Skystalker and the young and brash Da Costa. Da Costa had won his original test fight and we were interested in seeing what would happen if he lost a fight and how he’d handle the disappointment.

Anni decided that rather than a nice easy dance, he might as well give Da Costa something to really be upset about if he was going to be, and went at him hard and heavy with multiple combos. After Anni opened up Da Costa twice, I was sure he’d throw in the towel for the match…but in a surprise move Da Costa actually countered with a body kick at one point that put things on pause for Skystalker! That seemed to wake Anni up to the need to just end it, and he let go with another combo barrage that ended this…and gooooood night Da Costa!

Takeaways: We already knew what we needed to about Anni, and I’m not sure that a fight against a younger opponent tells us anything of value. For Da Costa, the look of disappointment after the fight was concerning. I liked his heart to come back and stagger Anni for a second there, but he dropped about 33% of his morale and, combined with only a Solid Chin, is probably a good enough reason to walk away from him. Good luck Da Costa…hope things work out as a bank teller.

Little Flyweight Defeats Small Littleman via Unanimous Decision

Moving on to our second meeting of the evening, we had a pair of…well…little guys on the card. Weighing in at barely 130 lbs each soaking wet, these two flyweights were about to see what’s up!

You got a “little” bit of everything in this match. A “little” standup, quite a bit of clinch and a “little” time spent on the mat! Not bad for such a, er, small, amount of time spent in the cage! They definitely went through all the motions and their manager, Bradley Burns, was likely left with “little” to question! Ha. I kill myself. Really.

Takeaways: The Burns camp will likely have mixed emotions on this one. Littleman showed Determined, which certainly isn’t KO power or a Granite. He also lost about 24% morale, which isn’t the end of the world but also isn’t stellar. Flyweight showed Big Heart, which is nice, but probably has to be paired with at least a decent chin. And we don’t know what his confidence is like yet.

I crossed paths with Mr. Burns after the fight and while not openly upset, he didn’t look overly enthused either. We will have to wait and see what the future holds for these two young fighters.

Luiz Mendoza Defeats Bishop Knight via Submission (Kimura)

Our next bout features our only matchup of the evening between two fighters from different camps! I was really excited to see this one, and hoped for something really entertaining as this is a fight that SHOULD earn an award for the evening. It featured your classic standup vs. ground game battle between Knight on the former end and Mendoza the latter.

This one didn’t go long. It started exactly as we’d expect…Knight swinging and kicking, and Mendoza attempting to get this to the mat early. Knight connected once, but then Mendoza quickly got him right to the canvas. Two kimura attempts later and Knight was tapping out as the young Mendoza clearly was working on getting his technique just right based upon his training. A bit of an adjustment here and there, and got the angles he needed to crank that arm!

Beautiful job by Mendoza, but you could tell that Knight was fired up and pissed afterwards. Honestly, I kinda like that a lot more than moping around! Unfortunately, it didn’t seem to translate in a “confident” way, so…meh.

Takeaways: For Aylib, the KO power in that big right hand probably isn’t going to be enough to offset the almost total drop in confidence following the fight for Knight. My guess is this boy has already had his stuff left outside the gym’s front door waiting for him. As for Mendoza, there’s nothing to not like. Granite Chin, finishing ability…looks like a keeper, at least pending a confidence check!

I didn’t have to find Bjorn after the fight to get a comment. He found me…and anybody else who would listen to tell them about his new golden boy! “Granite chin and decent learning speed. Not great learning speed, but about average. All in all, this boy is a keeper for sure! Always glad to help out and even more when my guy turns out to have a granite chin. ;)

Chuck Bomba Defeats Yoshiro Kanigawa via Submission (Arm Triangle)

If you got distracted between matches, you’d swear that you were watching the same one over again…that is, if you didn’t blink really long (like my grandfather used to claim he was doing, “just blinking” in the recliner at home!) and miss both this match and the last one!

Two boys from Laz Staz’s camp, this one had ZERO strikes thrown, 2 sub attempts and ladies and gentlemen, these two are done for the night! Bomba went straight for the takedown and had this on the mat in second…then tried to repeat the last fight with a kimura attempt…didn’t like that and switched to the arm for the triangle! Bomba had this bad boy TIGHT…Kanigawa, to his credit, really fought and NEVER said uncle…eventually passing out from the pain!

That one might just take submission of the night away from Mendoza…along with heart of the night for Kanigawa!

Takeaways: A nice showing and good fight for these two…but…as we’ve been told previously by other members of Yabai, the Staz camp is merciless and extremely demanding of their young prospects. Showing Determined for Kanigawa, which we saw, and Flexible for Bomba may very well NOT be enough to allow them to hang around. Almost certainly not. To clinch the deal though, Kanigawa lost all confidence after waking up and finding his arm needing rehab. That’s a deal breaker there.

Darwin Zambrano Defeats Lou Valentine via Submission (Kneebar)

Heading into the second half of the evening a pair of my own fighters came up to see if they could impress. Hmm…and the way this went, I’m starting to pick up on a trend here from last night! Hey, my mom didn’t say I was slow for no reason...er, wait, my mom said I was slow?!? Ohhhhh, I think I know what she meant now!

Relative to the prior two matches, this one was practically a marathon at a minute and forty-three seconds! I liked this one…first we go into the clinch and try to exert a little dominance…then break, and immediately into a takedown by Zambrano. A bit of shuffling around, and eventually Valentine decides, ok, let’s get the submission from the back here, tries a triangle and a few maneuvers for other attempts, but fails. Finally Zambrano decides to show him how it’s done…and gets ahold of a leg…and yanks the hell outa that bad boy! Almost like he’d just been toying with Valentine down there until he was ready to end it…either that, or that was extremely opportunistic!

Takeaways: A really nice fight with two brand new youngsters going at it, and what a pleasant (nay, fantastic!) surprise to find out both have got granite chins! On top of that, while losing, Valentine only showed an 11% morale drop.

Afterward, I glanced over at Donkey, my assistant, and he gave me a thumbs up shouting: “Keepers baby! Get them back in the gym and training bro!

Heeaart Heavyweightweight Defeats Green HW via Unanimous Decision

“Next up, Heeaart Heavyweightweight…” wait. Stop. When did we get an echo in here? Ok…well…continue. “…versus Green HW”. Ok, so now it’s gone? How can you treat your guys like this showing such enthusiasm for one, and then being like, “yeah, and um, that other guy”? Wow. Well, I guess we know who the red-headed, er, green if you will, stepchild is in Bradley Burns’ gym!

This one was scheduled for one three minute round…and surprisingly, we actually got three minutes out of this one tonight! Two big boys deciding to stand up and bang…er…no. That’s what you might think would happen, but yeah, not so much. These big boys pretty much went out there with pillows on their hands…6 punches thrown combined…3 kicks put out there…and ONE…yes, ONE, landed. One lonely punch. But there were 10 takedown attempts between them…all failed! Apparently these boys wanted to make love, not war, but just didn’t know how to get into bed!

Not gonna lie…for a heavyweight bout…I wished I had a bed…because this one put me to sleep!

Takeaways: While the fans may have walked away a bit disappointed in this match, my guess is that Brad probably wasn’t. He got one guy with heavy hands out of it and another with a good chin. While neither showed the golden granite chin, that still ain’t half bad. We’ll have to wait and see if it’s good enough for the Burns camp though!

Today, the day after, we went out to look up these guys and see if they were still on the Burns’ roster. Heeaart, clearly the preferred child, had had his profile updated on the gym’s website. It also indicated that this guy is a really fast learner, so clearly the Burns camp is still a bit enamored with this guy. As for Green, his profile was updated as well, but in the most unenthused manner possible. No big question marks, no joy, just that he’s a faster learner than Heeaart with heavy hands, good morale…blah blah. Poor unloved son of a bitch! HAHA!

Co-Main Event

Konstantinos Drakos Defeats Cyrano Capistrant via TKO (Strikes)

And that brings us to the first of our two main events of the evening Sucker Punch fans! With two fighters out of Action Jackson’s camp, I was hoping this one would live up to a main event billing! Action usually brings the snap, crackle and pop to a match, so with two for the price of one…BAM maybe? Both are new young prospects for the Jackson squad, so not much was known before this about either.

I wasn’t even a little surprised that these two decided to stand and go at it! If they’d gone to the ground, I’d seriously have been shocked. And the fans were definitely not disappointed, as this was a give and receive on both ends as they went at it for a little over a minute of high powered action. Kicks, punches, a cut, you name it…all leading up to a HUGE right hand that sent Capistrant down and…wait, he got back up!! That was impressive! Still wobbly though, but you gotta love the will to continue!

That will to continue only earned him an insta-nap on the very next shot by Drakos, out on his feet, the ref had to jump in on this one before it got seriously ugly!

Takeaways: This one has to be a big time disappointment for Action at least on the part of Capistrant. I mean, the man showed the much coveted granite chin, and some serious heart…unfortunately, the dude lost almost ALL confidence after this bout and is probably the reason he took a shot like that, with a granite chin, and still went down. So he’s likely gone. Despite the fact that Drakos showed some heavy hands…which I’m sure Action will want to see if they also come with at least a reasonable chin and confidence. Still TBD!

Main Event

Rukter Demenok Defeats Red Yabaite via Unanimous Decision

And nowwwwww, for our main event of the evening! A very rare showing of Carlos Castenada’s boys in our Proving Ground series!

What we had here, ladies and gents, was a clinch-fest. Plain and simple. Probably a half to two thirds of this fight was spent in the clinch. And this one was never in doubt if it went to a decision. Demenok dominated the action from the start, and never looked back. Yabaite made his attempts, at least once in the clinch, but only landed two shots the entire fight. On the other hand, Demenok peppered him with a perfect 18 for 18 in standup and 5 for 5 in the clinch!

Um…ok…so either Demenok is THAT good with striking early in his career…or Yabaite seriously needs to consider getting a defensive coach in his future before he starts to fight for real! Haha. Overall, this looked just like a sparring match you’d see back at the Chakuriki Gym in LA. Fairly boring, but hey, the fans got a lot of great action tonight in the fights leading up to this so I doubt anybody is walking away disappointed!

Takeaways: Carlos is probably not going to be very thrilled with the overall outcome from this one. Demenok showed a good chin. I don’t know if that’s good enough to cut it for Carlos though. Yabaite, with the loss, showed a really high level of confidence…but also threw out that Determined trait…and I think that may be a death knell for his career with Carlos!

Three! Three events in the books for Sucker Punch! Ah-ah-ah-ah!!! I can’t thank all those who have helped me up to this point enough, it’s so appreciated. Coming up this weekend following this is our first divisional opening round of the Middleweight Cockshot Sorter Series tournament! I’m super excited for that and the action it will bring…action that has true meaning for the org and its future, and the fighters in it!

Last night was filled with action and dominated by finishes…with 5 of the 8 fights being ended…three by Sub and 2 by TKO/KO! I like…no…LOVE it!

Anyways, till next time, keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

• Upvote 4

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1586356511SP_Poster_185CSS.png

Event Preview: Sucker Punch Pro Series - Middleweight Cockshot Sorter Series: Round 1

Welcome Sucker Punch fans! Finally we are ready to get going with our Sorter Series tournaments! Leading off will be our Middleweights this coming weekend.

Our fight card for this event includes two middleweight opening fights that are not part of the official Cockshot Sorter Series. These two fights, while not factored into the tournament, will still factor heavily into rankings and standings for the division down the road after the tournament. From there we move on to the 8 fights that feature Round 1 of the 16 man, single elimination Sorter Series!

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1584375781SWN.jpg

Oh, what’s that? You wanted to know about Shadow Warrior Nutrition? Well hell, thanks for asking! They happen to carry the absolute best energy loss reduction sups on the market! Whether you’re just trying to keep that energy up for your fighters from one training session to the next, or ensure they’re at full energy for the big fight, Shadow Warrior has what you need to keep your guys in top form. Visit them today, you won’t be disappointed.

So let's get to it!

Bonus Opener Fight #1

Longsun Zhao (0-0-0) vs. Daniel Son Karate (0-1-0)

Two relatively unknowns in this battle make this a tough one to analyze. Not a lot to go by at this point outside Karate’s one fight. On the surface, Zhao has definitively better wrestling. However, Karate has a slight boxing advantage, the better reach and has shown a decent chin at least.

My belief is that this one probably won’t go to the ground and I would normally be tempted to look to Karate to take advantage with better boxing. However, at the same time, we’re talking about a guy who got knocked the hell out with some brutal ground and pound in his one and only fight so far…by a guy who enjoys gardening! Your guess is as good as mine Sucker Punch fans…I just hope somebody hits somebody else in the pee-pee…the dingle-dongle…oh, you know, the penis! Oh, wait, you did know. My bad.

Let’s see what my assistant Donkey has to say…

Donkey’s Pick: Zhao via TKO (Strikes)

Zhao takes this one into the clinch and uses his superior grappling to get the better of Karate and wear him down. That prior KO of Karate by the horticulturalist makes me question his heart, so we’re going to go with a TKO by Strikes for Zhao after softening Karate up.

Bonus Opener Fight #2

Jim Beam (0-0-0) vs. Ivan Smirnov (0-0-0)

If I thought the last fight was tough to analyze due to a lack of experience, then the gods have just upped the ante on me! Two fighters making their professional MMA debuts here in our second Bonus Opener. And boy are these two physical mirrors of one another! Beam stands 176 cm to Smirnov’s 175 cm, and both weight in at 185 lbs on the nose.

Smirnov holds a very slight boxing advantage and a little on the wrestling side. He’s also had one bout in the TWGC that ended in decision, so we’ll see if that helps at all. Beam on the other hand seems to hold a significant MT advantage along with some BJJ in case it goes to the ground. My feeling is that this one is probably going to be all over the place, up, down, all around…but that eventually it’ll go to the mat without either really having the ability to stop it from going there. The question is, will either of them know what to do once they get there? I guess we’re going to find out, and this is part of the fun of seeing what new guys have when there’s something on the line! As to how this will end up…well, now I’m just confused…

Donkey, what do you think…?

Donkey’s Pick: Beam via Unanimous Decision

Don’t really have a lot to go on with these two, so it remains to be seen who has the confidence, drive, heart, chin or power to pull this one out. Looking to the managers, Beam has Craven in his corner who has been around a bit longer and seen a few more fights than Hammond, so I’m going to go with that being the difference maker…for now.

Middleweight CSS Round 1: #8 vs. #9

Vinchito Routerhead (0-0-1) vs. D B Cooper (1-2-0)

Heading into our first bracket fight of the series, this one should technically be the best overall matchup given the 8 and 9 seed rankings! Cooper comes into this one more experienced overall with 3 prior fights under his belt and also holds a slight boxing advantage. On the other hand, Routerhead took his sole fight to a draw and holds an advantage in the other 3 primary areas, with the wrestling and especially BJJ appearing to be significant.

Cooper has shown some determination in his prior fights, with mixed results. He’s also demonstrated some ability to get the finish via KO and seeing that in his last fight is promising in terms of moving forward and progressing. He’s also previously been on the receiving end though.

For Routerhead, he clearly had a focus on trying to get to the ground in his last fight, and his preferred method to get there was via the clinch and then either takedown or pulling guard. 220, 221, whatever it takes baby! Once there though, he wasn’t able to maintain the position at times, or pull off the submission. Will he go with a similar tactic this time against a similar opponent?

Who’s going to come out on top, so to speak, in this one Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Routerhead via Submission

David G is still fairly new as a manager and will continue to develop that resume and make big strides. But for now, Lionel is backing Routerhead and has seen a lot in the game and backed some fairly successful fighters. Routerhead has had over 2 months to continue to refine his ground game, and that should be the difference in being able to finish this time around.

Middleweight CSS Round 1: #7 vs. #10

Jacques Piaget (0-0-0) vs. Kirill Krasnov (1-2-0)

Piaget comes into this one like a virgin…Madonna would be so proud! However, I’m fairly sure he’s going to be touched for the very first time…and probably a bit more than that…by the time this one’s over! Krasnov comes into this one as the underdog by seed…mostly due to W/L differential, but at the same time that experience may serve him well going forward.

Krasnov holds the advantage in wrestling and BJJ, as well as a small advantage in boxing. On the flip side, Piaget’s advantage in MT is no small thing, and he’s going to probably want to take this to the clinch as soon as he can and remain there, hoping that he can overcome Krasnov’s grappling advantage to get the best of him. Krasnov will clearly be avoiding the clinch, and it may be dealer’s choice for if he decides to stand and go or drag this one to the ground. He’s won by sub in his very last fight…and being that that’s an area of advantage here again…well…

Donkey, what say you sir...?

Donkey’s Pick: Krasnov via Submission

It’s difficult to overlook the advantage Krasnov will have here in the grappling and overall ground game. And he’s likely to be able to get it there given that grappling advantage. He may be the underdog, but it’s in seed only. Piaget could surprise, but it would be just that.

Middleweight CSS Round 1: #6 vs. #11

Brendan Moker (0-0-0) vs. Ionel Balaban (0-1-0)

Our third match of the tournament bracket brings us another pair of virtual unknowns. For now. We’re sure to get to know these guys very well over the next several rounds! Balaban has one fight under his belt but quite frankly it’s difficult to take anything of value from that fight other than that he has a solid chin. The fight overall went off like a sparring match where neither fighter appeared to have any custom gameplan.

Moker on the other hand has a clean record…and he’ll be on a mission to keep is all sparkly with the big middle finger sticking up from the win column afterward! He’s the heavier of the two by a significant amount and is going to have to cut about 10 lbs to make weight for this match…so it’s going to be a question of has he built up his conditioning enough for this match yet…and does he have some power in his punch to take out Balaban?

There is a significant age difference here, with Moker at 18 and Balaban at 25. Will that be the difference?

I have no idea which way this one is going to go…what I do know is that it’s probably going to be via a finish, either due to Moker gassing out eventually and getting taken, or a big ole thumper to Balaban’s noggin!

Donkey…what are your thoughts?

Donkey’s Pick: Moker via KO

This is a really tough one. I want to lean towards Balaban’s age and experience making the difference. But I just have a sneaky feeling that Moker may have some surprise hidden that tips the scales. Maybe he comes out with a big right hand and puts it to use! Keep em up high though buddy…er, wait, this is Sucker Punch…nevermind, do what ya gotta do bud!

Middleweight CSS Round 1: #5 vs. #12

Angenor De Oliveira (1-0-0) vs. Luis Garces (2-2-0)

And here we are, heading into the second half of the card for the evening! Whew, getting there now! Figuring out where this next one is going to go…is like trying to read tea leaves for me. And btw…I can’t read tea leaves! What I can say is that the one who fixes their issues with either morale or energy before this fight is likely to be the one who comes out on top.

As it stands, Oliveira is running along with limited energy. That’s certainly not going to have his training in tip top shape…and it won’t bold well if he doesn’t rest…like starting from NOW until fight night! That’s the only way he’ll have the energy he needs to pull this one off.

Garces is in the reverse situation, with his morale low…this boy needs a change of clothes…pronto!!! Oh…and he needs to change them again tomorrow…and the day after…and well, you get the idea…till that shit gets up to at least 95%. And take a friggin’ shower while yer at it stinky! Haha.

I won’t bother to break down the potential direction of the fight itself here…suffice to say Garces has a slight advantage in boxing and wrestling, but honestly, those other issues override any concerns of skills.

Donkey, what do you have to say about this mess…?

Donkey’s Pick: Garces by Submission

Yes, Garces morale is low…but not gone. Unless De Oliveira really does rest from here on out, he’s going to be gassed, and eventually Garces is going to get him on the ground and De Oliveira won’t have the energy to fight back. Hell, he’s going to beg for the opportunity to tap out at some point most likely. Both of you, shape up! Ha!

Middleweight CSS Round 1: #4 vs. #13

Aslan Dudayev (1-0-0) vs. Bill Sherman (1-0-0)

Ok, now we enter the portion of the bracket with the top seeds and separation starting to exist between them and their opponent. In theory. Our #4 seed is Aslan Dudayev, a young follower of John Welsh from Legion of Doom. John will send his young gun out there to face off against fellow LoD alliance member Mark Hunter’s Bill Sherman. Both of these competitors come in with one fight under their belt, both having turned those into a notch in the left column!

Dudayev is rumored to be a pretty bright dude…will his manager allow him to see how it goes and fend for himself? Sherman on the other hand lacks nothing in the confidence department…we’ll see if that’s a good thing…or not. Both of these guys won their prior fights in the standup game…Dudayev going with the hands and Sherman preferring to kick like nobody’s business. Dudayev’s advantage is really in the grappling department both in wrestling and especially BJJ, but he has not shown any tendency to want to go that direction, so it’s probably mostly defensive at this point.

It looks like Dudayev has some power in his punch based upon his prior KO…so I suggest Sherman use those feet to his advantage…and kick Dudayev right in the pecker!!! Er, well, not on purpose of course *wink wink* (Do it, kick him in the pecker!). No, I would never suggest that…really. (Yes I would!) One of these guy is taking a nap to close out this fight, I’m just not sure who...

How about you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Sherman by KO (Head Kick)

Predict this one ends in stunning fashion via head kick…bonus points if it’s Dudayev’s “little” head! Ha…nah, I hear that’s not a legal way to finish the fight…but it would be an excellent start! I just want to see somebody kick somebody somewhere. Let’s make this happen!

Middleweight CSS Round 1: #3 vs. #14

Scott Summers (0-1-0) vs. Bishop Templeton (0-2-0)

Technically, Summers is the #3 seed in this tournament. However, some have been whispering that he may not look the part of the three seed and that instead, Templeton is here to take that spot. This will be Summers’ chance to quiet the critics and put everybody on team Summers! Although…technically this could also be Templeton’s chance to build up his own following of “Terror-izers”!

Neither of these guys have won yet…but I can all but guarantee that will change after this battle! Summers has a big wrestling advantage, but there is some question over whether he knows what to do once he’s on the ground. Rumors have swirled that gardening is really all he knows how to do down there!

Templeton has flashed a granite chin…he’ll have the choice of going toe to toe with Summers or going in for the clinch. He’s got a significant height disadvantage, so something to consider. He’s also shown an inability to maintain the clinch once there. But there’s a good chance he can go in there and bang without being worried taking a punch that hurts too badly…he just needs to avoid the takedowns at the same time.

Donkey, how do you see this one playing out…?

Donkey’s Pick: Templeton by TKO (Strikes)

Summers is the higher seed, but it’s looking like that chin of Templeton is going to be tough. Not sure Summers’ skills are quite developed enough to be able to finish or score enough points in this one and he’s shown himself to be susceptible to decent strikes. One big note though…last we checked in, Templeton’s energy levels were NOWHERE near where they needed to be for training, much less an actual fight. If he isn’t already resting, and doesn’t continue to do so all the way through to this fight, he’s not going to be the victor.

Middleweight CSS Round 1: #2 vs. #15

Wanderson Machado (1-0-0) vs. Al Briscoe (0-2-0)

And now, the Co-Main Event of the evening! Our #2 seed faces off against the #15 in the tourney. Machado won his first fight via TKO and demonstrated a granite chin in the process. That’s a pretty nice combination of skills there. Briscoe on the other hand is fast and determined, and boasts an advantage in the boxing and wrestling areas of the game, which could pose a nice advantage.

For Machado to come out of this one on top and prove he’s deserving of the two seed, he’s going to need to take this one to Briscoe…probably in the same way he won his last fight, with a brutal clinch raping! The question is, can his grappling disadvantage still allow him to do so in this one?

For Briscoe, if he can stay out of the clinch, and follow Ali’s lead with that butterfly and bee stuff, he could be successful and I think win this one on points. Hope his stamina is there!

Donkey, which way do you think this one swings…?

Donkey’s Pick: Machado by KO

Assuming that Machado can overcome the grappling disadvantage, we think he’s potentially going to get into the clinch just like he did last fight…and make it ugly from there. Once properly seasoned and tenderized, Briscoe may be ready for the big right uppercut coming out of the clinch!

Middleweight CSS Round 1: #1 vs. #16

Tyrion Lannister (5-0-0) vs. Bechir Rubson (0-4-0)

Our Main Event of the evening!!! It’s been a long road, but here we are!

Never in the history of the world have I ever heard somebody say “I wanna be the 16 seed going against the top seed in such and such…”. But, unfortunately somebody has to do it and when you have an 0-4 record, there’s a good chance that’s you. That’s exactly where Rubson finds himself in this Sorter Series.

However, it’s not all doom and gloom! The word on the street is that Rubson has a granite chin. The problem? He’s been KO’d or TKO’d in three of his four losses. So what does that mean? Is there a heart condition going on here? Lack of confidence? No determination? Or just a run of bad luck?!? We’re going to find out. Rubson also has a brown belt in BJJ…so while he may not be one to go toe to toe with his opponent…and clearly that doesn’t seem to be a very good idea…if he can figure out what to do with those skills on the ground he could be very dangerous…

…just maybe not in this particular fight! Lannister is as dangerous as his record suggests…at 5-0…and every single one of those wins came via submission. This is a man who is NOT afraid to go to the ground with you, no matter what your skills are! And if you’re confused and not sure of yourself down there, I suspect it’ll be trouble VERY quickly. His prior opponents all tapped out in one way or another in the first round, the majority of the time in under a minute. This man does NOT waste time. He’s a vicious assassin and knows exactly what he’s trying to do…which is separate you from some of your body parts and make things go in directions they’re NOT supposed to go!

Donkey, am I right on this…?

Donkey’s Pick: Lannister by Submission (Armbar)

Hare is coming off sounding like some sort of lovesick fan boi here…but the reality is that this is an uphill battle for Rubson. This may be one of those fights where you live and learn from it, and go on to work your way up the ladder the old fashioned way afterward. But oh my, what a celebration in the Kassib camp if his boy can pull off a HUGE upset here! Note: Lannister also has KO power. While the takedown and ground game is very likely, you have to guard your chin also!

Also, we caught up with J W Hardman, Lannister’s manager, earlier this morning. Clearly there’s no lack of confidence coming out of Lannister’s camp…to the point where you almost cringe at the swagger and bravado! A bit of a brutal take on the upcoming fight…but here it is…

Hardman said, “Tyrion and I are not worried about this match. The guy is older, been around longer, had more time to train, but he just doesn't seem to get it. I don't know if it's poor management, coaching, or what, but that guy needs to rethink his career."

Tyrion said, "Maybe he'd make a good personal assistant? I don't know, he'd probably stock candy bars in the vending machine and pass out soda at the gym while having the fighters wear jock straps and a bandana to fight in. If I lose to this bum, I'm going to retire and become an equipment manager. Bet that."

Big words from the top seed in the tournament ladies and gentlemen. He better hope Rubson doesn’t make him eat them! I’d say that Lannister is putting the division on notice.

Our first big event to start sorting out our divisions, with the Middleweight’s leading the charge! I hope you enjoyed the preview as much as we did preparing it…and don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

• Upvote 6